Photo

The Black (fashion) Jerseys are Coming...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 ColtsSouljah

ColtsSouljah
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

So, Nike has an "Impact" Limited Jersey that is the famous (or infamous) all black. I haven't found the Colts ones anywhere yet, but they will likely look very similar to the Giants ones (example in link).
I know the black jersey is a topic brings out strong opinions here :D and I was wondering what you all think of these.

There's a couple of things I don't like. One is that the NFL logo on the collar is apparently missing. The other is that there is so little other than black, that the difference between one team to another can be very minimal.

http://www.nflshop.c...ductId=13270269

I drove hours to see them live when they were winning 3 games. I rock our gear every day for weeks during the playoffs. I wear our colors no matter what our record is. I don't turn off the T.V. until the clock reads 0. I rock jerseys in enemy territory. I wear my gear like a flag. I represent. All day. Every day. I am a Colts fan. I am a Colts Souljah. Do you represent?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 ALuck>RG3

ALuck>RG3
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Imo they don't look good stick to the blues

#3 II COLD

II COLD
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

I like them. I think they should do something different with the number colors for different teams. Giant, Colts, Panthers, Lions Titans, and Patriots all have a form blue it would be cool if they changed up how the blue was incorperated into the numbers.

#4 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3574 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I liked Reebok's black with the white letters. Black with black letters seems... Dumb.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#5 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

now are these gonna be jerseys their gonna wear in a certain game or is this just a fashion statement for fans???

Believe In Blue!!!

#6 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

I would love to see the Colts wear all black during a game..

#7 MTC

MTC

Smells like a canal

• Community Moderator
  • 7540 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

Not bad.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#8 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1346 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

If those had white lettering instead I'd probably order one...

#9 Dtman513

Dtman513
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'm still waiting for the Colts to go all blue....Very curious about the black jersey look!

#10 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

I wonder if the stripes and numbers will be outlined in blue.

I wish the numbers, lettering, and stripes were blue with white outlines.

#11 1959Colts

1959Colts
  • 1153 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Our color is blue. Root for Pittsburgh or the Raiders if you want black.

#12 Moose Of Woe

Moose Of Woe
  • 2470 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Looks more like a Carolina or Jacksonville jersey. it would be perfect it the lettering was a bit more on the teal side.

I'll stick with the actual team colors.

#13 neverstop1863

neverstop1863
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

...........not sure bout this, i liked the Reebok version better.......these look a little to fifth element if ya know what i mean.

#14 ALL BLUE

ALL BLUE
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

I would love to see the Colts wear all black during a game..

No way,one great tradition we have is never really altering.

#15 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 931 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Would love to see the Colts go either all blue or all Black. Both would look great imo.
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#16 ColtsFTW

ColtsFTW
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Black jerseys are bad luck for me. Before the Super Bowl I got a fake black Manning one cause the pro shop was out and we lost. Then after our loss to the Jets I got a real one and it ended up being Mannings last game with us and never even got to wear it with him as a Colt.

That being said I don't know if these have the extra details of the normal jerseys like our shoulder stripes. Everyone I find is just a black jersey with the symbol on the arm and a team colored outline around the name and numbers. If thats how they are then thats pretty dumb imo.

#17 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Our color is blue. Root for Pittsburgh or the Raiders if you want black.

get outta here with that *..not everybody lives under a rock..people can have their preferences..

#18 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Black & Blue don't really mix too well. Remember the Detroit Lions black jerseys?
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#19 ColtsSouljah

ColtsSouljah
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

These will not be worn in games. Hence, the "fashion" title of the thread
EDIT: was trying to quote/answer Betheafan41, but I guess my phone wont do the quote function

I drove hours to see them live when they were winning 3 games. I rock our gear every day for weeks during the playoffs. I wear our colors no matter what our record is. I don't turn off the T.V. until the clock reads 0. I rock jerseys in enemy territory. I wear my gear like a flag. I represent. All day. Every day. I am a Colts fan. I am a Colts Souljah. Do you represent?

#20 tbone12

tbone12
  • Rookie
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

we are blue and white and all thats right ,so black shouldn't fly with the shoe

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      31 Oct
    southwest1

I was listening to CBS sideline Thursday Night Football reporter Tracy Wolfson talk about Saints WR Kenny Stills having to "tape up his groin" in the 2nd half & that phrase made me cringe because ankles I get, but tape & a sensitive region of the body doesn't sound all that wonderful to me. Enough said.

Show comments (4)
  • Photo
      31 Oct
    100GFB

Preparing for my second Indy trip. A stopover but a long trip none the less. I want a Colts victory but wonder what the Indy weather surprise me. Last year on my first trip to the LOS it was cold, my first trip this year it rained!

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      31 Oct
    TKnight24

They stopped giving me Candy when I was 16 cause I was 6'1and they thought I was older than 16. 4 years later I'm 20 & 6'4...... but this time around, I have little cousins that I shall invoke my "Accompanying" 5% Charge on their collections tonight :). Who says Halloween isn't for us older folks? Haha

Show comments (5)
View All Updates