Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers traveling on Game Day....

NewColtsFan

Pittsburgh plays the New York Giants in a late afternoon game.... 4:25p.

But, their hotel is still without power, and with their large needs, they can't get over night accommodations at any other hotel.

So, the team if flying to New Jersey Sunday morning. Bussing to a hotel to have breakfast (that they can do) and then, it's on to the stadium to prepare to play later that day.

I'm sure the Giants have had lots of serious distractions this week. But the bottom line is, they're home. That's an advantage.

And with Pittsburgh having to fly on the same day as the day they play, that's a HUGE disadvantage.

I like the NYG. But Sunday, I'm pulling for Pittsburgh. Even if the Colts are fighting Pittsburgh for a spot in the playoffs, I'm still pulling for the Steelers Sunday.

There is no right answer in this case.

Any choice the league makes there are going to be people at a disadvantage or affected by the choice.

Some fans have spent good money on flights/hotels and moving it to Monday would likely disrupt those plans, and cause added expense.

Obviously many in that region are dealing with issues far more worrisome than when or if the game is to be played. Moving it to Pittsburgh would hurt a larger group of people than leaving it as is, or even moving it to Monday.

I was talking to my brother about it earlier and he said that even by moving it to Monday, that would force CBS/NFL to likely change another game so they could move a game into the 4:25 time slot on Sunday, so that would be another pair of fan bases affected by the change.

Status-quo isn't perfect, but it is likely the best case scenario.

There is no right answer in this case.

Any choice the league makes there are going to be people at a disadvantage or affected by the choice.

Some fans have spent good money on flights/hotels and moving it to Monday would likely disrupt those plans, and cause added expense.

Obviously many in that region are dealing with issues far more worrisome than when or if the game is to be played. Moving it to Pittsburgh would hurt a larger group of people than leaving it as is, or even moving it to Monday.

I was talking to my brother about it earlier and he said that even by moving it to Monday, that would force CBS/NFL to likely change another game so they could move a game into the 4:25 time slot on Sunday, so that would be another pair of fan bases affected by the change.

Status-quo isn't perfect, but it is likely the best case scenario.

FJC....I dont know....

People have no heat and food.........

.....I appreciate you cant take the home game away from the NYGs..a private business....with bills to pay....

....and I'm assuming that Sunday is better than Monday for traffic purposes,....I'll give 'em that,...

..but I dont want to be playing before we find all the bodies...in Staten Island..

..and we're running a marathon Sunday, too??.....I dont know....I'm not there...maybe nobody cares that much

......I just think the police need to be helping the people...not doing security for sports events

FJC....I dont know....

People have no heat and food.........

.....I appreciate you cant take the home game away from the NYGs..a private business....with bills to pay....

....and I'm assuming that Sunday is better than Monday for traffic purposes,....I'll give 'em that,...

..but I dont want to be playing before we find all the bodies...in Staten Island..

..and we're running a marathon Sunday, too??.....I dont know....I'm not there...maybe nobody cares that much

......I just think the police need to be helping the people...not doing security for sports events

Mark that is a fair point.

The marathon to me is more complex than a basketball/football game. At least those events are centralized. The marathon stretches across the entire city.

9/11 halted sporting events for quite some time, and I do remember watching that first sporting event in the city afterwards and when Mike Piazza hit that home run vs. the Braves it was like the whole city/nation won.

Some are going to be directly affected by the storm and some are going to be affected by various attachments they have have, family, friends, co-workers, etc. It is a horrible situation.

Maybe a sporting event can give some an escape. Even if for only 3-4 hours.

I just saw that the Marathon was canceled, so maybe they will move the NYG/PIT game too. Again there is not 100% correct answer.

The marathon to me is more complex than a basketball/football game. At least those events are centralized. The marathon stretches across the entire city.

9/11 halted sporting events for quite some time, and I do remember watching that first sporting event in the city afterwards and when Mike Piazza hit that home run vs. the Braves it was like the whole city/nation won.

Some are going to be directly affected by the storm and some are going to be affected by various attachments they have have, family, friends, co-workers, etc. It is a horrible situation.

I just saw that the Marathon was canceled, so maybe they will move the NYG/PIT game too. Again there is not 100% correct answer.

I think it would mean alot for fans going through hardships in the area, & thats why I'll be rooting for the Giants,

that plus my innate hatred for worthlessburger...

U cant run that using all those generators too i heard that are needed for marathon and then have peopler in homes freezing without power as the US air force used 17 planes to fly in generators this morning i read somewhere online early am

Yeah inconvienced all those athletes from out of the country that flew in, thgis should of been cancelled alot sooner

Heard, dont know was politics for & against having it that delayed mayor from making the call and news said politically that hurts mayors reputaion,

who cares about reputation I have a cousin, basically a nephew , wife ready to give birth to first child any day , recently bought condo in now underwater hoboken and homeless, at least he heard he is, he left, hasnt been back yet , but heard from others , spoke with him today and is staying with friends north of NYC yet going to obstetrician in NYC as when spoke was driving to it

now he has family who can help, others dont thow,

I'm in NJ right now for work, It took me several hundred calls to finally get a Hotel last night. There is definitely no way the Steelers are getting a hotel down here, gotta feel bad for them. :(

i just got e-mail from family, dont know how but they said , & are many , talking 3 individual familys with total of 10 peolple, one is family of 5 , they just easily reserved rooms in hotels in manhattan & NJ

( not sure where in Jersey ) as didnt want to inconvience friends to long & arent eved sure will use , alot depends on how they think are burden to friends family but will pay for rooms in meantime

only thing I vcan think of is ones father in law is well wealthy (((( my coisns hubby grew up with son of Marlins owner , his son went as marlin bat boy, has been at center court with rangers llifting hockey sticks with them in sync to national anthem , u get the picture )))) and other is lawyer whop closes deals in real estae and has done some hotrel closings so between them must have pull, but if they can the steelers surely can or my realtives have more pull than them

I'm in NJ right now for work, It took me several hundred calls to finally get a Hotel last night. There is definitely no way the Steelers are getting a hotel down here, gotta feel bad for them. :(

Please do not take my post responce to u in above comment as if I am taking the situation lightly, I pray for your continued healthn and a succesfull stay and that work goes well, i feel for u with all the calls u had to make, , I pray for u and all the others out east

I havev friends from hoime livin now in Jersey now withoput power staying with realtives in upper ny , My heart bleeds foir u all

others I havent been able to contact yet

I think back what if I had stayed in Brooklyn and not moved to Michigan, worse I had office on 50th floor of trade center back then too

i just got e-mail from family, dont know how but they said , & are many , talking 3 individual familys with total of 10 peolple, one is family of 5 , they just easily reserved rooms in hotels in manhattan & NJ

( not sure where in Jersey ) as didnt want to inconvience friends to long & arent eved sure will use , alot depends on how they think are burden to friends family but will pay for rooms in meantime

only thing I vcan think of is ones father in law is well wealthy (((( my cousins hubby grew up with son of Marlins owner , his son went as marlin bat boy, has been at center court with rangers llifting hockey sticks with them in sync to national anthem , u get the picture )))) and other is lawyer whop closes deals in real estae and has done some hotrel closings so between them must have pull, but if they can the steelers surely can or my realtives have more pull than them

when I say grew up with i mean not in their home but best friends , cousin in laws family owns mansion in hamptons , large home in manhattan, cousins hubby expanded and had largest wedding ever at the time at a country club in westchester , NY

etc etc etc etc

so they have pull, know everyone,

I think the biggest thing against the Steelers is that with the size of some of those guys the Days Inn off the jersey turnpike might not be able to accommodate Casey Hampton all that well. That and the amount of beds alone that they would need. Team/Coaches/Staff/etc easily could surpass 100+ rooms.

is quite alot , knew was much, didnt think that many, but what do i know -- was thinking about players and forgot staff too ( tunnel vision )

just was also thinking they would maybe have this all arranged far in advance if the rooms were then hopefully that hotel has power generators working

is quite alot , knew was much, didnt think that many, but what do i know -- was thinking about players and forgot staff too ( tunnel vision )

just was also thinking they would maybe have this all arranged far in advance if the rooms were then hopefully that hotel has power generators working

I think that is part of the problem the hotel that they planned on staying in doesn't have power yet.

100 rooms might be slightly high, and that would/could depend on whether or not they make each player share a room or not. If so then it should be quite a bit lower than 100.

I think that is part of the problem the hotel that they planned on staying in doesn't have power yet.

100 rooms might be slightly high, and that would/could depend on whether or not they make each player share a room or not. If so then it should be quite a bit lower than 100.

I always thought shared rooms the players but again what do i know , but truly possible place planned on & generators need fuel and thats been a problem for some paces I have heard too,m keeping the generators running

anyway, now done, off to some TV & FOOD, --- have great night & thanks again

Obama just authorized buying what sounded like tons of money worth of fuel , both reg & diesal to be sent to areas for Fema distribution

Pittsburgh plays the New York Giants in a late afternoon game.... 4:25p.

But, their hotel is still without power, and with their large needs, they can't get over night accommodations at any other hotel.

So, the team if flying to New Jersey Sunday morning. Bussing to a hotel to have breakfast (that they can do) and then, it's on to the stadium to prepare to play later that day.

I'm sure the Giants have had lots of serious distractions this week. But the bottom line is, they're home. That's an advantage.

And with Pittsburgh having to fly on the same day as the day they play, that's a HUGE disadvantage.

I like the NYG. But Sunday, I'm pulling for Pittsburgh. Even if the Colts are fighting Pittsburgh for a spot in the playoffs, I'm still pulling for the Steelers Sunday.

I doubt that for some reason..... ... Pitt to NJ is an hour and a half flight. get to the stadium and do what you got to do.

NYG organization.... some may not have a roof over their head now. And they are thinking football?

Don't be surprised to see Pitt roll the NYG Sunday.

JMO

Monumental diff... between str8 up terrorism (which generates a national reaction) to an act of GOD.

2 totally different mindsets...... and It's not close.

I just saw that the Marathon was canceled,

Before the announcement, now this Guy I like

Richard Nicotra, Staten Island Hotel Owner, Refuses To Evict Hurricane Refugees For NYC Marathon Runners (VIDEO) & STORY

"How do I tell people that have no place to go, that have no home, no heat, that you have to leave because I need to make room for someone who has to run a marathon? I can't do that," Nicotra said

( ( While I agree I pity too the out of towners , especially any foreign ones that arrived and found they have no place to go

truly a no win situation, Marathon should have been cancelled far sooner ))

http://www.huffingto...nk3&pLid=229219

I just saw pictures of where I grew up, which was 3 miles from ocean in Brooklyn and less than 1 mile from 2 inlets on diferent sides of me , 1 inlet was large enought to hold a fishing fleet

PURE DEVASTATION

I have a cousin, basically a nephew , wife ready to give birth to first child any day , recently bought condo in now underwater hoboken and homeless, at least he heard he is, he left, hasnt been back yet , but heard from others , spoke with him today and is staying with friends north of NYC yet going to obstetrician in NYC as when spoke was driving to it

now he has family who can help, others dont thow,

Yers I know this has nothing to do with thread but is extension of prevoius answer in this thread

Now i am waiting to here if they will induce birth in this unknown environment or if did

, I was called, by his father this AM , also without power but with friends and hotel reservation if needed

Problem is every u time I get a call its on a cell phone and u only get cryptic messages and then cell goes down so I dont know all that was intended to be said and couldnt reach anyomne when tried calling back , cell wouldnt go threw

Hospital doesn't know how long may have power as awaiting fuel and unsure what to do with new born if power goes or send her out to hotel or friends etc until further date and maybe goes into labor more naturally & not need induction , already week late, & hoping infracture repaired better if wait for natural labor, Meanwhile she must be in terrible state and no answer is a good answer

This is really touching home though I am safe in mich, This cousin I considered and treat as a nephew as his dad's parents died when he was 16 and 19 so we took care of him and he, the dad is more like brother than cousin and as I have no kids I treat my nephews as my kids and they know it , In other words all moved up a notch couisns to 2nd brother & nephews and newhews to sons etc

U only pray that no news is good news whatever was decided yesterday as far as inducing pregnancy , either way with new condo in Hobo-ken New jersey apparently destroyed and thus homeless the family will rally together,

I had just sent them an anniversary check which is now floating away with the home I am told

, will resend huge amount as combo anniversary & newborn present , but no address so will send wire to wherever & whenever asked or settled in ( if I can send a good friend on forum when site was my colts money to cover rent for a month plus incidentals so wont be evicted I can surely do my part to ensure that my family and newborn get new start in life together FAMILY's MuST STICK TOGETHER --

Meanwhile rest of his family though without power are the rich ones so know will somehow be cared for but still u worry

YEAh I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STEELERS< FOOTBALL SEEMS SO INCIDENTAL COMPARED TO THIS TRAGEdY , for all families touched by this , way to may far worse than mine, Mine is about to give a new life, others lost entire life

THIS WAS FRAKENSTORM