Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's wrong in KC? [Merge]

oldunclemark

Even when SD tried to give them the game...KC quickly donated 2 TDs to give it up again in the end

.....The Chiefs have good players.,I dont understand.....It doesnt make sense..so many turnovers

Denver has 2 gamesleft with KC and Indy has one...

...Here's hoping they just continue to throw games away to the 'good horse' teams..

..but I'm wondering..They cant STAY that bad, can they???

It's hilarious. Not only have they never led in a game this season (their win coming off an OT FG meaning they never actually led during the game) but Matt Cassel alone is responsible for more turnovers (11 INT, 7 lost fumbles) than any other team, except obviously Chiefs (29 overall) and Cowboys (19, only one ahead of Cassel). Ridiculous how bad they are.

Note to self: Start whatever defense is against Matt Cassel in fantasy...

But RMD...how can he be so bad......?

He makes Curtis Painter look like Marino.......

How can you never lead..not ever......for half a season...?

Even last year...the Colts led a couple of games....

.....but the Chiefs look like they're headed for the 'World Championship of Bad'

who's next ? Pittsburgh? Oh, the pain.

But RMD...how can he be so bad......?

He makes Curtis Painter look like Marino.......

How can you never lead..not ever......for half a season...?

I always thought Matt Cassel's value was overinflated by New England. It's easy to play QB in New England when you have Bill Belichick and a plethora of offensive weapons.

KC's head coach, Romeo Crennel, has also taken flak for being too "kind" and "buddy-buddy" with his teammates. Plus, he's defensive minded, so that's not doing Cassel any favors. Crennel does not have a winning track record with QB's, as his tenure with the Browns attests to.

All this losing started last season with KC's unfortunate multitude of injuries. That dashed their excitement of having a new HC, young QB, etc. into a team with a losing mentality. KC initially had success with Crennel last season, but now that they're losing, they need someone to fire up the team, and Cassel and Crennel's personalities conflict with that. Their losses are snowballing, and until someone lights a fire under them, they will only get worse.

It's going to suck if they go 1-15 and knowing their only win came from the refs calling back 2 TD's and 2 fumbles against the Saints.

Not as much as going 0-16 would. When we were 0-13 last year I didn't care how we won a game I just wanted a win to avoid 0-16. I don't care if was straight up cheating I would have taken it last year!

I'm looking pretty smart for picking them as a darkhorse for the AFC. Seriously baffled as to why they are so bad. Does this fall solely on Cassel? The rest of the team looks really strong on paper.

Don't be too harsh on yourself Peytonator. KC always gets high ranking draft picks every year, but at what point do high draft picks, talent, & execution on the field every collide? I have a better shot at winning Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes & $5,000 a week for life than the KC Chiefs do of making the Playoffs, let alone the SB within the next 5 years IMO. Cue the Snickers not going anywhere for awhile commercial...

Not as much as going 0-16 would. When we were 0-13 last year I didn't care how we won a game I just wanted a win to avoid 0-16. I don't care if was straight up cheating I would have taken it last year!

Saints had that game won though, that's what angers me so bad. I don't ever want to see a team go 0-16 though, like the Colts last year, I was praying they would at least win a few.

Saints had that game won though, that's what angers me so bad. I don't ever want to see a team go 0-16 though, like the Colts last year, I was praying they would at least win a few.

again I wouldn't have cared if league awarded us the saints game last year due to bounty gate (and yea I know it was not from last season just useing it to make a point) I would have taken it to get off the 0-16 snide we looked to be heading too. If you would otherwise be winless you do t care how you got the W or how much the other team feel apart the W still counts the same in the win loss department.

With the #1 Overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs Select Matt Barkley QB from USC.

Please do so they can keep the bad going for another decade. I'm sorry but I don't buy the Hype on Barkley or USC for that matter. Kiffin isn't doing good as a coach and they have alot of great talent but just don't know how to play good football.

This seems very likely. They give up the ball more than a point guard.

I don't care who you are! That's funny right there

Please do so they can keep the bad going for another decade. I'm sorry but I don't buy the Hype on Barkley or USC for that matter. Kiffin isn't doing good as a coach and they have alot of great talent but just don't know how to play good football.

LOL. As a Broncos fan, I agree with that. I've watched Berkley 3-4 times a year for a while and I'm not buying the hype at all either. He actually reminds me of Matt Leinhart. It's more my gut than anything. Of course having Lame Kiffin isn't helping. I think USC culture he has created is bad influence on young players.

I live in Missouri, so I see mostly chiefs games. Cassel is not nearly as bad as his turnovers lead you to believe, A lot of their turnovers are fumbles by other players. He wouldn't fumble all the time if their offensive line didn't suck so bad that he gets smacked around, although he should learn to keep the ball better. On the game on Thursday, they would repeatedly get to 3rd down without going anywhere, and a throw from Cassel would convert. Their first drive was stalled by a fumble by McCluster when they were on the Chargers 20. They would be very good if they didn't turn it over so much.

Overrated QB, a HC that should stay a coordinator, injuries, etc. Outside of the QB position, one could argue that KC has the most talent out of any team in the league. But without good leadership from the head coach and QB, you won't go very far in this league.

Well stated!

Overrated QB, a HC that should stay a coordinator, injuries, etc. Outside of the QB position, one could argue that KC has the most talent out of any team in the league. But without good leadership from the head coach and QB, you won't go very far in this league.

lol i thought you were talking about USC for some reason

I cant put it all on Cassel, he did have 27 touchdowns and 7 picks in 2010 and has a completion percentage of 60.4 percent this year with that said he has 7 lost fumbles alone this year BUT that O Line is on pace to give up darn near 40 sacks while being 6th best in the league in first downs (95 through the air good for 13th best). The O Line has also given up 39 QB Hits which is 25th worst, With all that said I have only watched 1 KC game this year, I dont think that O Line has came together yet

Even when SD tried to give them the game...KC quickly donated 2 TDs to give it up again in the end

.....The Chiefs have good players.,I dont understand.....It doesnt make sense..so many turnovers

Denver has 2 gamesleft with KC and Indy has one...

...Here's hoping they just continue to throw games away to the 'good horse' teams..

..but I'm wondering..They cant STAY that bad, can they???

NO QB....

if you ain't got one you are done....

Here's a crazy fact: They haven't led in a game all season. If they don't have a lead next game, they'll break the record held by the highly esteemed Buffalo Bisons from 1929.

That is a stunning stats...like Indy allowed 70% of passes to be completed last season...

...the only difference is...this si the team KC expected to have..and they have folded for no apparent reason..

Romeo Crennel is actually a very good HC IMO who inherited Matt Cassel. Coach Crennel didn't have any control over who his field general was once he was promoted to HC in KC. Funny, the only winning coach in recent memory that I remember there is Marty Schottenheimer and he had HOF QB Joe Montana.

marty_schottenheimer_1992_12_27.jpg

283963_display_image.jpg

Romeo Crennel is actually a very good HC IMO who inherited Matt Cassel. Coach Crennel didn't have any control over who his field general was once he was promoted to HC in KC. Funny, the only winning coach in recent memory that I remember there is Marty Schottenheimer and he had HOF QB Joe Montana.

Yeah, Haley wasn't a good head coach either. I think Herm was decent. The thing with Crennel is that this isn't his first stint as a head coach. When he was in Cleveland, he didn't do anything that great. I just don't think he is fit to be a head coach and should instead stick to being a very good DC

Yeah, Haley wasn't a good head coach either. I think Herm was decent. The thing with Crennel is that this isn't his first stint as a head coach. When he was in Cleveland, he didn't do anything that great. I just don't think he is fit to be a head coach and should instead stick to being a very good DC

No argument there 21isSuperman. Romeo Crennel just like Rex Ryan is much better in a strict DC capacity.You can put Wade Phillips in the DC non HC camp too.