•  

Photo

Indiana University/Indiana Pacer Basketball!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1746 replies to this topic

#1721 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16344 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Looks like we are standing pat with Hill and Watson....and a third stringer who is playing well in the summer league.  I know you do not like him, but Hill is the point guard (Donald Sloan)....unless a good trade comes along.

One roster opening with the departure of Pendergraph and Hansbrough. HMMMMM!  Who will it be?

Hopefully they dont regret letting Hansborough walk, West is good but is gettin long in the tooth, Hopefully Hill develops some point guard skills in this lifetime, 4.7 assists per game wont get it done

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#1722 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10685 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hopefully they dont regret letting Hansborough walk, West is good but is gettin long in the tooth, Hopefully Hill develops some point guard skills in this lifetime, 4.7 assists per game wont get it done

I do agree Hill can improve his 'dishing' skills.....he is a winner...and ya cannot teach that.  Win is all Hill does...

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#1723 In Luck We Trust

In Luck We Trust
  • 1175 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

I love how Bulls fans think the pacers are overrated in the new post FA rankings. I'm not saying the Bulls are a horrible team, but even with Rose back, I do not think they can beat the Pacers in a 7 game series. it may be my Bias talking because im a huge pacers fan but i honestly dont think the bulls can.

Pacers signed Copeland who is a decent 3 point shooter to come off the bench (9-17 beyond the arc in that pacer series) and im sure we all remember that game where he sparked the knicks with 3 point shots and sent the knicks on a big run to win 85-79. 

we get granger back, Hibbert healthy, and paul george has a lot to prove. our bench is looking better then ever also. not to mention we are the best defensive team in the NBA and the best rebounding team in the  NBA. 

I honestly believe if we can keep granger, george,hill,hibbert and west healthy all year we can take out the heat in the playoffs. Granger and Copeland can very well be our game changers! 

#1724 MTC

MTC

The Governor

• Community Moderator
  • 4973 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Reports are coming in that Pacers will trade Gerald Green and a few 2nd round picks for Luis Scola. I really like the move! Add's a former starter to the bench with experience. Plus we get rid of Green! :D

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#1725 In Luck We Trust

In Luck We Trust
  • 1175 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Reports are coming in that Pacers will trade Gerald Green and a few 2nd round picks for Luis Scola. I really like the move! Add's a former starter to the bench with experience. Plus we get rid of Green! :D

the report i just read was he would be on the front line with Hibbert and West. i may have interpreted that wrong, but kinda sounds like he will be in the starting 5. three big men who can score underneath (where the heat seem to have trouble defending) and then Hill and George at the guard positions makes for a killer starting 5. 

Scola - 14.2 points a game 7.5 rebounds a game 

Center - Hibbert

PF - Scola

SF - West

SG- George

PG - Hill

could be very good! but like i said excitement may have made me interpret the story wrong lol

#1726 OffSeasonRG3

OffSeasonRG3

Not In Game Shape

• 840 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Either way... there will be starting caliber players coming off the bench in rotation and as a 2nd team offense.

Don't forget about Danny Granger...

- MrNLM

#1727 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

WOW...   if this goes down, and it sounds like it will,  Indiana will have the best roster in the NBA.

Hibber

West

Granger

George

G Hill

Scola

Ian M

Stephenson

S Hill

Watson

And Plumlee was awesome in the summer league....    

I LOVE the looks of this lineup.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#1728 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Scola is a now a Pacer,     Scola for G Green, Plumlee, and a protected 2014 first rounder.

This is GREAT news.   

Aldous Huxley

#1729 BeyWatch

BeyWatch
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Wow, awesome trade :number1: . We get rid of Green's awful contract + Miles for someone like Scola + save about 100k. We went from one of the more offensively-challenged benches to one of the best benches, overall, in the league. Man, we are so blessed to have guys like Larry Bird and Grigs running our organizations..great time to be Pacers and Colts fan! 

Scola

Ian M

Stephenson

S Hill

Watson

I think our bench is going to be---1. Watson  2. Stephenson  3. Copeland  4. Scola 5. Ian

Just don't see why we would sign Copeland to have him sit on a bench and watch us win. While I like Cope at the #4 better than the #3...Cope is too much of a potent offensive threat to leave him on the bench. Just my opinion, although I could see your lineup as well.

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#1730 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Wow, awesome trade :number1: . We get rid of Green's awful contract + Miles for someone like Scola + save about 100k. We went from one of the more offensively-challenged benches to one of the best benches, overall, in the league. Man, we are so blessed to have guys like Larry Bird and Grigs running our organizations..great time to be Pacers and Colts fan! 

I think our bench is going to be---1. Watson  2. Stephenson  3. Copeland  4. Scola 5. Ian

Just don't see why we would sign Copeland to have him sit on a bench and watch us win. While I like Cope at the #4 better than the #3...Cope is too much of a potent offensive threat to leave him on the bench. Just my opinion, although I could see your lineup as well.

Copeland brings "nothing" to the table except 3 pt ability.     He is useless otherwise.   IMO, Cope will see time only when Indy needs to "stretch" the court or is really behind.   

He is simply not a better player than Scola, Hill, Lance, and Ian..     and all pretty much play the same position.

That said I understand where you are coming from, the Pacers were not very good from beyond the arc.      And if that becomes a common theme again then I can see Cope seeing minutes.

Granger is the key, if he is back...     Cope will be lucky to see 5 minutes a game.

I really love this team.     Scola is "VERY GOOD PLAYER" and Indiana got him for peanuts.   Yipppeeee

Aldous Huxley

#1731 MTC

MTC

The Governor

• Community Moderator
  • 4973 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

We got rid of Plumlee too! WOW

As0FtW6.png

#1732 MTC

MTC

The Governor

• Community Moderator
  • 4973 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Saw this at Pacers Digest board. 

LOL

dancingvogel.gif

As0FtW6.png

#1733 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hey GAVIN..     

L SCOLA   ..  IS a PACER!

Deal with it rookie.

Championshipl

Aldous Huxley

#1734 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10685 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Copeland brings "nothing" to the table except 3 pt ability.     He is useless otherwise.   IMO, Cope will see time only when Indy needs to "stretch" the court or is really behind.   

He is simply not a better player than Scola, Hill, Lance, and Ian..     and all pretty much play the same position.

That said I understand where you are coming from, the Pacers were not very good from beyond the arc.      And if that becomes a common theme again then I can see Cope seeing minutes.

Granger is the key, if he is back...     Cope will be lucky to see 5 minutes a game.

I really love this team.     Scola is "VERY GOOD PLAYER" and Indiana got him for peanuts.   Yipppeeee

I have to disagree with you on Copeland JD.  New York had no clue how to use him.

Copeland can also play defense and rebound, and brings energy that will make Pacer fans love him.

With Watson distributing.....Lance's slashing, Scola's passing/basketball IQ, Copeland is set to be a huge addition to the second unit.

Not sure I want Lance out of the starting lineup although energy is sooooo important to the second.  Not arguing....just my opinion based on his play.

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#1735 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Cope hits 3's that is it.     He is supposed to be a 4..   but plays solely on the perimeter. 

I don't see him in the rotation if Granger is healthy.     Who will he take minutes from?

Hibbert  ...  

West

Scola

Stephenson

Granger

G Hill?

S Hill?

Watson

Ian M

That is a solid 9 man rotation.      VERY SOLID.       If Granger is not ready then Cope sees the floor.     No way he does if DG is good to go.

Aldous Huxley

#1736 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10685 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

Scola is a now a Pacer,     Scola for G Green, Plumlee, and a protected 2014 first rounder.

This is GREAT news.   

That is a lottery protected first rounder....I am now hoping we are picking LAST  :spit:  :funny:

This team should be strong in terms of both offense and defense.  Scola is not known for his defense, but a fantastic player.  Since he is 33, I think Frank Vogel can limit West's minutes...and Scola...keep them fresh.  We now may see a kid like Mica Downs from Gonzaga 'sneak onto the roster.  HMMM...who else?  I would like to see Sam Young gone....yesterday.  :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#1737 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10685 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

Cope hits 3's that is it.     He is supposed to be a 4..   but plays solely on the perimeter. 

I don't see him in the rotation if Granger is healthy.     Who will he take minutes from?

Hibbert  ...  

West

Scola

Stephenson

Granger

G Hill?

S Hill?

Watson

Ian M

That is a solid 9 man rotation.      VERY SOLID.       If Granger is not ready then Cope sees the floor.     No way he does if DG is good to go.

I feel this provides the Pacers the chance to stay fresh.  He was misused in NY, can play defense and is better around the hoop than we have seen.  He is 29 years old and mature from years overseas.

He gets 2nd unit minutes in a rotation with S Hill depending on matchups.  Hill is only 6 6 and Cope is 6 9 with some long arms.

Like I said....not arguing, but Larry did not sign him to sit.  He and Donny realize NY misused him....big time.  

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#1738 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10685 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

OK...we have 14 players signed.....I say Ben Hansbrough does not make the squad even though I liked him at Ole Miss and ND!

That leaves two roster spots.....what would YOU do?  

http://www.spotrac.c...indiana-pacers/

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#1739 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10685 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

For IU fans, and interesting however long article on next year's Hoosiers as well as Crean's insight into his X's and O's.  I know several of us feel strongly that Crean is lacking in his ability to plan for the physical half court games as well as game preparation for a tough zone defense.  (See Syracuse)  He also has not developed the 'big man' as he should. (Peter Jurkin/Cody Zeller)

While one might say Zeller has everything it takes skill wise....I would agree.  Crean, however did not utilize his sweet jumper and there was little to NO development of interior moves.  He was outmuscled in virtually every game...which wore him down.

http://www.indystar....basketball-team

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#1740 Thewholefnshow28

Thewholefnshow28
  • 2032 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Copeland can now be used the way he was supposed to be.  The guy is not much of  a rebounder or defensive presence so getting extended minutes as the back up PF behind West was not the way you want to go.  Now he can be our sharpshooter who can bury threes when he is left alone when guys like Lance, Granger, Scola are being the focus of the defense.

Our biggest weakness last season was that our bench could do nothing once our starters came out and we always lost the momentum or lead when they had to go in.  Now we should not have that problem.  This is a Finals team now as long as everyone can stay healthy.

I think this could be the best team Indianapolis has seen when it comes to the Pacers.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back." - Oscar Wilde

#1741 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10685 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Copeland can now be used the way he was supposed to be.  The guy is not much of  a rebounder or defensive presence so getting extended minutes as the back up PF behind West was not the way you want to go.  Now he can be our sharpshooter who can bury threes when he is left alone when guys like Lance, Granger, Scola are being the focus of the defense.

Our biggest weakness last season was that our bench could do nothing once our starters came out and we always lost the momentum or lead when they had to go in.  Now we should not have that problem.  This is a Finals team now as long as everyone can stay healthy.

I think this could be the best team Indianapolis has seen when it comes to the Pacers.

Totally agree.......good stuff 28!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#1742 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Late 90's Pacer teams were VERY GOOD...   ran into the Bulls.. and Lakers.  

I agree, this is a very good unit.    I love this team as is.

Time will tell.

Dang i butchered that quote.. .   close enough.. 

Aldous Huxley

#1743 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

James Blackmon Jr.   DE COMMITS  from IU....

THIS SUCKS.      JBJ just moved back to his and MY hometown of Marion to play and now he is not going to go to IU.

DANG....

Great Job Tom Crean.        average is as average does.

Aldous Huxley

#1744 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

James Blackmon Jr.   DE COMMITS  from IU....

THIS SUCKS.      JBJ just moved back to his and MY hometown of Marion to play and now he is not going to go to IU.

DANG....

Great Job Tom Crean.        average is as average does.

Let's see what happens first, if he ends up at Kentucky he's pretty much doing to IU exactly what Eric Gordan did to Illinois.  Did Webber lose Gordan or did IU steal him?  I think the same might end up being able to be said here. 

With that said I would say something is going on at IU that is scaring these recruits off as they get older. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#1745 Corndog

Corndog
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Can we also use this thread for IU football?  The offense looked pretty good yesterday, defense not so much.

#1746 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3355 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Can we also use this thread for IU football?  The offense looked pretty good yesterday, defense not so much.

Lol start a new thread we will support it IU,PURDUE ,N.D.

#1747 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10685 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Corndog, we are looking at a new Basketball thread since this one is huge.  Do your thing on football, and we will support it!!  Good idea buddy!!!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates