Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrentMc11

Indiana University/Indiana Pacer Basketball!

1,750 posts in this topic

36-22 on the boards.....25-7 FTs....you could argue a FT discrepancy or lack of aggressiveness on the boards by Michigan.  Also, mostly a perimeter offense...23 3 point attempt.  You win some...ya lose some.... :)

and the new rankings came out and were number 1!!!! now we need to stay there the rest of the season lol. 

and the new rankings came out and were number 1!!!! now we need to stay there the rest of the season lol. 

As you said a couple of days ago....easier said than done with our schedule :)

:headspin:  :banana:

the pacers & hoosiers help with the melancholy that sets in when football season ends

the pacers & hoosiers help with the melancholy that sets in when football season ends

Especially when they are paying well!!  Good point!!!  Love it!  :)

1 person likes this

36-22 on the boards.....25-7 FTs....you could argue a FT discrepancy or lack of aggressiveness on the boards by Michigan.  Also, mostly a perimeter offense...23 3 point attempt.  You win some...ya lose some.... :)

I also seen Mich getting away with shoving in the back to clear out for rebounds,dont agree Holowells charge was a charge,shouldve been a chance for a 3 point play,that kid gets better every time i see him play

1 person likes this

Pacers once again tonight proved why they are the team to beat in the Eastern Conference. Beat up on the heat, then turn around and beat the bulls. im curious on how well they play the Knicks now.

Especially when they are paying well!!  Good point!!!  Love it!   :)

Pacers pull off a big win tonight also in beating chicago. wins against Miami and Chicago in the last few days shows we are the team to beat in the eastern conference.

I also seen Mich getting away with shoving in the back to clear out for rebounds,dont agree Holowells charge was a charge,shouldve been a chance for a 3 point play,that kid gets better every time i see him play

I have seen more moving on charges this year...sliding in late...or sliding over when someone line Hollowell moves his body in air.  I would hate to see some calls lose games.

Oh yes Michigan had their fair share of non called fouls.  

One thing I forgot to mention was how well Watford played...helo Robinson  to 3 points I believe...too lazy to look at my own post :)

1 person likes this

Pacers pull off a big win tonight also in beating chicago. wins against Miami and Chicago in the last few days shows we are the team to beat in the eastern conference.

West is a beast right now...29 last night...George 21 and 11...Pacers play home again tonight against Atlanta, travel to Philly Wednesday...then Toronto at home Friday...the infamous 4 games in 5 nights....Young legs rule!   :thmup:

Honorable mention to the Butler Bulldogs

Love Butler...I have to mention them here too.....even thought there is a Butler thread. My late mother went to Butler, and was in bad shape at Methodist in November. Butler beat Marquette on a buzzer beater...we were screaming...Mom was sick...but was kicking her feet like a cheerleader.  It was a special moment.....I went to IU, but love me some Bulldog basketball too!!!

1 person likes this

West is a beast right now...29 last night...George 21 and 11...Pacers play home again tonight against Atlanta, travel to Philly Wednesday...then Toronto at home Friday...the infamous 4 games in 5 nights....Young legs rule!   :thmup:

and we have the knicks in alittle over a week. we beat them once this year already back in late december, hopefully we can do it again

Love Butler...I have to mention them here too.....even thought there is a Butler thread. My late mother went to Butler, and was in bad shape at Methodist in November. Butler beat Marquette on a buzzer beater...we were screaming...Mom was sick...but was kicking her feet like a cheerleader.  It was a special moment.....I went to IU, but love me some Bulldog basketball too!!!

only reason anyone will ever see me go for Butler is because their out of indiana. unless their playing the hoosiers of course lol. But that young coach in butler has done some good things for that team the last few years. back to back championship appearances, 3 tournament appearances in a row. and if im not mistaken got the bulldogs into the top 10 2 years in a row and possible 3 years in a row pending on how they finish this year.  brought them out of no where and made a name for themselves.

and we have the knicks in alittle over a week. we beat them once this year already back in late december, hopefully we can do it again

Former Hoosier Mike Woodson has that Knick team playing well....boy was Woodson a player for Bob Knight at IU!!!

1 person likes this

only reason anyone will ever see me go for Butler is because their out of indiana. unless their playing the hoosiers of course lol. But that young coach in butler has done some good things for that team the last few years. back to back championship appearances, 3 tournament appearances in a row. and if im not mistaken got the bulldogs into the top 10 2 years in a row and possible 3 years in a row pending on how they finish this year.  brought them out of no where and made a name for themselves.

Butler has been solid since 1997, and really have not had a BAD team since 1996.  They have had good teams all through the years at various times.  Their coaches have gotten the program up, and then have left for supposed better things.  

Barry Collier left for Nebraska, Thad Matta Xavier...then Ohio State, Tod Lickliter Iowa...and then Brad Stevens.  Wiki actually has some good Butler info....look at the Tony Hinkle years 1920s,,,,vs the Joe Sexon lean years 1980s....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butler_Bulldogs_men's_basketball

1 person likes this

The Indiana Pacers played another game above 100 points.....watch out NBA the offense is coming around VERY well.  Paul George with a highlight reel 29 point night....Lance Stephenson continuing to contribute in every phase...and we had great nights off of the bench by Mahimi and Augustin.....Philly tonight.....3rd night in a row will be a tough one away.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278435

1 person likes this

pacers complete the back to back to back last night with a handy 88-69 victory at philadelphia. these guys are pretty good

Yes but IMO more than pretty good,and if Granger fits the chemistry,they may be down right special !!!!! :thmup:

pacers complete the back to back to back last night with a handy 88-69 victory at philadelphia. these guys are pretty good

Good job shakedownstreet!  I was so into a Colts thread...how could I forget the Pacers last night?  Do not quote me, but I believe this is the only back to back to back sequence in the NBA this year.  The Chicago game was a weather related makeup game.

Roy Hibbert....starting to play his BEST basketball of the year....18 points, 14 rebounds and 5 blocked shots.

The Pacers won this game with defense, heart, and determination.  They are playing the best basketball in the NBA right now.....Toronto next at home.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278441

Yes but IMO more than pretty good,and if Granger fits the chemistry,they may be down right special !!!!! :thmup:

Granger could be back next week.....that second unit could be strong!!!

yeah, it is the only back to back to back sequence. love that the pacers swept through it. bleep you stern!

Not to get off the Pacers ,but IU   has another tough road game at Assembly Hall just the wrong one  :funny:   and  Ohio State may be second best in the Big Ten,they got the shaft in AnnArbor

Not to get off the Pacers ,but IU   has another tough road game at Assembly Hall just the wrong one  :funny:   and  Ohio State may be second best in the Big Ten,they got the shaft in AnnArbor

I am somehow out of likes.....I missed the OSU/MI game.  When Deshaun Thomas is hot (spell-check) they are tough.....because Aaron Kraft can guard anybody....I think he is second best in the nation to Oladipo.  I need to look at IU/ILL and post something.....I am worried about tonight.

yeah, it is the only back to back to back sequence. love that the pacers swept through it. bleep you stern!

Hibbert was one tired big fella after that game.  To me.....holding the 76ers to 69 points in that third game is a truly amazing feat!!

1 person likes this

I am somehow out of likes.....I missed the OSU/MI game.  When Deshaun Thomas is hot (spell-check) they are tough.....because Aaron Kraft can guard anybody....I think he is second best in the nation to Oladipo.  I need to look at IU/ILL and post something.....I am worried about tonight.

Im not worried if we come out focused like the Mich game,if we do Illiani in for a long night.But stranger things have happened,and you have the Orange Crush to deal with

Im not worried if we come out focused like the Mich game,if we do Illiani in for a long night.But stranger things have happened,and you have the Orange Crush to deal with

Illinois to me is a dark...black/orange HOLE!  Bob Knight's teams always struggled there....the worst being the time he played all freshmen.....boy was he mad that day.  Kind of like this:  

bobby_knight2.jpg

I really like this Pacer Team,like the offense,absolutely love the D

The best defense I have seen at the NBA level.....Centers do still make a difference!

1 person likes this

Illinois to me is a dark...black/orange HOLE!  Bob Knight's teams always struggled there....the worst being the time he played all freshmen.....boy was he mad that day.  Kind of like this:  

bobby_knight2.jpg

I remember the night your reffering to all to well  rotflmao  Got his point across didnt he? :huthut:  like that not listening to him like running into one of those

I remember the night your reffering to all to well  rotflmao  Got his point across didnt he? :huthut:  like that not listening to him like running into one of those

That game was BRUTAL.....

Reason I still call him Coach lol

HA HA!  Everyone still calls him Coach!  

1 person likes this

As stated early in the thread:  Indiana vs. Illinois at the OTHER Assembly Hall :) tonight at 7 PM on ESPN.  Keys:  Start strong and never look back.  The Hoosiers need the Purdue approach to every game.  One kid that is a Hoosier kill is Brandon Paul.  He can light it up one night...and sleep walk the next...he will not tonight and Victor Oladipo and the boys need to clamp down.  The Illini have lost 3 straight.....and are loaded for Cream and Crimson.  This just in on Oladipo....joining NPOY race!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/75055/oladipo-soars-into-wooden-award-race

1 person likes this