Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrentMc11

Indiana University/Indiana Pacer Basketball!

1,750 posts in this topic

Watford should not be handling ball against the press,in fact shouldnt have been in at that point,Sheehe shouldve been

Agreed....Watford is a good passer....and he made the worst pass.

1 person likes this

The first half was beautiful....I agree his best game.  I still see too many 'strength' issues....baskets he should make when fouled.

Agreed but hes improving,i liked his D

1 person likes this

For Butler fans, the game is on NBS sports channel on your Directv or channel 46 on Comcast out of Indianapolis.

Some bad news, sharp-shooter Rotnei Clarke (spell-chec) is being taken off on a stretcher....slammed to the floor hard on a flagrant foul.21-16 vs. Dayton in Dayton.  Will be a tough game.

Not good for Butler,not good at all,thanks for info cant watch it here

Next Man up for Butler....good win on the road...no news on Clarke.....

1 person likes this

Killer instinct....Watford and Oladipo seemed to wilt under pressure

Make no mistake about it, the first half shows more aggressiveness and physicality.  This needs to happen at the venues like Carver-Hawkey and Welsh-Ryan....not just Assembly Hall.

A great overall effort, but we need to show greater poise in tough times....88-81.  At times we saw the BEST IU can play, and at times we saw maybe the worst.....A solid....solid Minnesota Gopher team.  I do not wish for the game at the BARN.  

At halftime, I told my husband that it looked like IU was playing Whack a Gopher.  But, that smug smile soon left my face during the second half. 

I'm not looking forward to the game at the Barn either.  And, I hate raised courts.  Is there any good reason why they are raised?They just look dangerous to me.

At halftime, I told my husband that it looked like IU was playing Whack a Gopher.  But, that smug smile soon left my face during the second half. 

I'm not looking forward to the game at the Barn either.  And, I hate raised courts.  Is there any good reason why they are raised?They just look dangerous to me.

Thats one of the older areanas,dont know what they were thinking with the raised court other than theres probably a hockey rink under it,if you look it up and find out thats the case let me know

The reason would be to raise floor off ice ,to prevent moisture problems

We knew that the Gophers would make a run, and run they did.

Jay's statement below is correct.  Williams Arena...is of the older genre with a hockey rink below...and is VERY dangerous!!!!  I remember the old Market Square arena having that, but nit near as 'raised.'

Once again...not looking forward to the Barn.  Wisconsin next at home, and the Badgers are getting it together now.

Next Man up for Butler....good win on the road...no news on Clarke.....

Sprained neck...OUCH...smart move by paramedics....Clarke did not eve want to come out of the game, and almost broke his neck.  :(

It is January 15, and on my calendar it says IU vs. Wisconsin at 9 PM.  A little late for my liking, but still a challenging game.  IU is now ranked number 2 in the nation and played a fantastic first half this past Saturday against Minnesota.  The Badgers present another challenge.  This team is going to try and lull the Hoosiers to sleep with some 'boring Bo' Ryan slow it down basketball.  Bo wants a 52-45 game instead of a 88-80 game.....not too many teams want to try and run with the Hoosiers....ask Tubby Smith about the first half last Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the game.....here is a Bleacher Report article (not bad) talking about the game and a breakdown of the players.  My hopes once again are to see more of Hanner Perea for experience, but more importantly a victory.  (Sorry SW....I know you are a Badger :))  GO HOOSIERS!!!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1484904-wisconsin-vs-indiana-full-game-preview?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=indiana-hoosiers-basketball

1 person likes this

Wisconsin played 'Their game."  Not quite as low as I stated above.....64-59 instead of 52-45.....but eerily close.  IU let them control the game in their own building and that is a cardinal sin.  I said last week IU is very beatable when in a half court game....there we go.  Right now this team is not even close to tournament ready......here is the recap and box.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=330150084

IMO Crean blew this one,but how about those Pacers!  We need to talk soon Brother

1 person likes this

Well the Hoosiers took it to Penn State last night.  A nice showing from Oladipo, Sheehey, and what I thought was the best performance of the year by Yogi Ferrell.  If that kid can start consistently hitting that jumper mas he did in high school the sky is the limit!  

On another note.....Cody....ya need to stay in school another year....your worst performance as a Hoosier bar none!

I guess I should be happy with a win....Butler, Duke and Minnesota went down....Creighton lost their second in a row....

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330230084

1 person likes this

College BB you better be ready to play every game or you will be left out in the cold

IMO  the B 10 is toughest conference top to bottom,your not gonna win this with less than 3 to 4 losses

1 person likes this

Interesting...just noticed the Mark Solved button.....I tried it out on ya Jay...

Just like the old days....you go into anyone's arena on any given night.....as you say be ready for a war!!

1 person likes this

Well the Hoosiers took it to Penn State last night.  A nice showing from Oladipo, Sheehey, and what I thought was the best performance of the year by Yogi Ferrell.  If that kid can start consistently hitting that jumper mas he did in high school the sky is the limit!  

On another note.....Cody....ya need to stay in school another year....your worst performance as a Hoosier bar none!

I guess I should be happy with a win....Butler, Duke and Minnesota went down....Creighton lost their second in a row....

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330230084

Lol im just now watching the game

Marked Solved?

When I clicked it...it said Best answer by your name.....so it is for best answer or comment I take it....in a thread.... :scratch:  :dunno:

I think IU is still looking for the right combinations,they are not gonna be able to play 12 deep and maintain consistency.Crean is gonna find his 9 possibly 10 and go with it

I think IU is still looking for the right combinations,they are not gonna be able to play 12 deep and maintain consistency.Crean is gonna find his 9 possibly 10 and go with it

Right now he really only has Sheehey and Abell showing any kind of consistency.  Hollowell keeps showing flashes.  Elston is not back.  It would be nice to get the veteran presence of Creek back.  It would also be nice if Hanner-Perea was even remotely close to who we thought he was coming in.....young fella is a lost puppy!  Has there been a Jurkin sighting?  :)

1 person likes this

Right now he really only has Sheehey and Abell showing any kind of consistency.  Hollowell keeps showing flashes.  Elston is not back.  It would be nice to get the veteran presence of Creek back.  It would also be nice if Hanner-Perea was even remotely close to who we thought he was coming in.....young fella is a lost puppy!  Has there been a Jurkin sighting?   :)

Parea is lost thanks to the NCAAs hypocricy,we need Elston healthy,Hollowell needs more time but will be very good,Creeks presense would help

1 person likes this

Parea is lost thanks to the NCAAs hypocricy,we need Elston healthy,Hollowell needs more time but will be very good,Creeks presense would help

I never thought I would say they miss Ettherington.......but I believe they do.  He was playing well compared to some of these guys.  Hollowell's little 3 game adventure was borderline too....an overzealous agent trying to make a dollar in Indy...Mom reported it...ridiculous IMO.

1 person likes this

Oladipo and Yogi had good games ,Yogi just needs to go after it,will really make the differance in half court sets

National TV on CBS Sunday against Mich. ST should be interesting 

WOW......must see TV..... :excited:  :popcorn:

1 person likes this

Hows the Pacers doing,have lost track last few days when ive been working

Hows the Pacers doing,have lost track last few days when ive been working

Lost by 20 last night at Portland....beat Memphis on Monday night by one....road trips kill....western road trips are notorious.....rough on the body.

Yes they are,if you at least split your ok

They should have beaten Portland....they have Denver and Utah coming up....both much better teams...Portland had lost 6 straight.  I hope we do not go 0-3....

1 person likes this

Indiana University up on Michigan State as it stands.  I am not going out on a limb in saying Victor Oladipo is the BEST defensive player in the nation, and may be one of the best I have seen since Sidney Moncrief!  Ther are no adjectives to describe how quick he is in the passing lanes.

He is so quick with hands, feet and anticipation....Bob Knight would be proud!!!  :)

1 person likes this

Indiana University up on Michigan State as it stands.  I am not going out on a limb in saying Victor Oladipo is the BEST defensive player in the nation, and may be one of the best I have seen since Sidney Moncrief!  Ther are no adjectives to describe how quick he is in the passing lanes.

He is so quick with hands, feet and anticipation....Bob Knight would be proud!!!   :)

Id say its safe to say,he was dominant again,and his offense keeps getting better.Hes hands down the best defender ive seen in the last 20 years,maybe even back to Moncrief.I dont recall anybody between now and  those time periods that measure up

1 person likes this

Oh and by the way they won a half court war,.That Brother was a ballgame,on both sides.This is one tough confrence,and IMO those teams are not overated :thmup:

1 person likes this

Oh and by the way they won a half court war,.That Brother was a ballgame,on both sides.This is one tough confrence,and IMO those teams are not overated :thmup:

Still not happy with Cody.  They will not win the Big 10 unless he is aggressive every night.  He went up against Payne and Nix....2 big boys and lost the battle.  Even Valentine was beating him to the ball. He is 6' 5" and 225.

Nice to see Creek back.  He was rusty....Elston needs to get back too.  Perea.......is so raw it is ridiculous.  His one move to the hoop was BRUTAL  :)

Big 4 game stretch......Michigan has won at Minnesota and at Illinois.....they have the edge.

Still not happy with Cody.  They will not win the Big 10 unless he is aggressive every night.  He went up against Payne and Nix....2 big boys and lost the battle.  Even Valentine was beating him to the ball. He is 6' 5" and 225.

Nice to see Creek back.  He was rusty....Elston needs to get back too.  Perea.......is so raw it is ridiculous.  His one move to the hoop was BRUTAL   :)

Big 4 game stretch......Michigan has won at Minnesota and at Illinois.....they have the edge.

Here is ESPN.coms 4 game stretch....hope it pastes well.

Wed, Jan 30

• @ Purdue Big Ten Network

8:30 PM ET Big Ten Network  Sat, Feb 2

• vs #2 Michigan

9:00 PM ET  ESPN Thu, Feb 7

• @ Illinois 

7:00 PM ET ESPN Sun, Feb 10

• @ #14 Ohio State

He is so quick with hands, feet and anticipation....Bob Knight would be proud!!!   :)

Tom Izzo must have agreed....by the way 1,2 3 are Michigan, Kansas and Indiana.....Butler 9th....a shame Clarke could not play against LaSalle.....Gonzaga jumped to 7.......Here is an article on Oladipo.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/01/27/izzo-on-oladipo-hes-the-ray-lewis-of-basketball/

1 person likes this