Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrentMc11

Indiana University/Indiana Pacer Basketball!

1,750 posts in this topic

He has yet to get in the flow of the game,but its deffinately coming in my opinion,the same can be said for Mr Elston.This team is just fine,they will not go thru big ten undefeated IMO that is not possible.Come tourney time they will be about an 8 or 9 headed monster :rawr:  Thats the reason the bookies still have them 4 to 1 favorite to win the NCAA  ,only 1 team close at 8 to 1 after that i believe its like 13 to 1,there's a reason for that :thmup:  ALLS GOOD IN HOOSIER LAND !!!!!

I do not like the Wolverines above them in the Power Poll.....but as we say.....polls are just that....."meant to be run into."  OOOPs!  That should have been poles. :)

1 person likes this

Power poll changes greatly when the Big 10 starts and Lol yes they are to run into,right along with trees and IMO  IU is one BIG OAK :rock:

1 person likes this

Well here we go the Big 10 starts today,Hoosiers start on the road against a tough Iowa Hawkeyes sqaud .Time to step up and show us why your the favorite to win a national championship.4.00 PM ESPN2   BE THERE  :rock:

1 person likes this

By the way Jeremy Hollowell has been cleared to play by the NCAA more depth life should be good for the Hoosiers :thmup:

Well here we go the Big 10 starts today,Hoosiers start on the road against a tough Iowa Hawkeyes sqaud .Time to step up and show us why your the favorite to win a national championship.4.00 PM ESPN2   BE THERE  :rock:

Thanks for the heads up....been fighting off flu-like symptoms....I may have missed the game!  Thanks!   :thmup:

1 person likes this

By the way Jeremy Hollowell has been cleared to play by the NCAA more depth life should be good for the Hoosiers :thmup:

Just read this on ESPN.....need that extra body and athleticism....Big Ten....lots of fouls....

1 person likes this

Your welcome,theres alot of thyat going around ,hope You and Denene get to feeling better,miss talking to ya Brother

1 person likes this

Just read this on ESPN.....need that extra body and athleticism....Big Ten....lots of fouls....

Yes my as well be ready for the war that takes place in those games,its a rough and tumble conference,seperates the men from the boys.I say bring it on  :rawr:

1 person likes this

Your welcome,theres alot of thyat going around ,hope You and Denene get to feeling better,miss talking to ya Brother

I have slept more the last two days.....I have kept the cough away....body aches are horrendous.....nothing a little IU medicine cannot help!!!

1 person likes this

Well we survived the first road war,with Hull scoring 0,wouldnt have guessed that one .A win is a win,and on the road they are all big ones.WTG HOOSIERS :thmup:

1 person likes this

Well we survived the first road war,with Hull scoring 0,wouldnt have guessed that one .A win is a win,and on the road they are all big ones.WTG HOOSIERS :thmup:

It looked as though Oladipo was the only Hoosier not in slow motion.....Cody in the second half.....just a very poorly played game....defense was terrible....next Monday... at Penn State!!!

1 person likes this

It looked as though Oladipo was the only Hoosier not in slow motion.....Cody in the second half.....just a very poorly played game....defense was terrible....next Monday... at Penn State!!!

Brother your right they looked lost playing zone,Imo much better man to man and pressuring the ball

1 person likes this

Brother your right they looked lost playing zone,Imo much better man to man and pressuring the ball

That was the worst 2-3 zone I have ever seen in my entire life....layup after layup....running a basic screen and roll offense you see in high school....as Coach Knight would say...."Man-toMan!!!!  :ticked:  :censored2: "   :)

1 person likes this

I really began noticing Cody Zeller's aggressiveness and 'lack of strength' in the IU/Butler loss as Andrew Smith manhandled him.  His play has really not evolved since that game, and I feel that he is in no way the number 1 draft pick at this point.  I think the world of Cody as a person and as a player, but if the Hoosiers are going anywhere in the post-season he needs to get stronger at the goal!!!!!!

Iowa's freshman looked stronger that Cody.  He needs to quit hesitating, be aggressive, and be the player he is expected to be.  The Big 10 has never been for the weak at heart.......need to man up every game...not just those at Assembly Hall!!!  We know you can do it. :thmup:

I know this is Bleacher Report, but his Player of Year status is  spiraling downhill as his game has.  Go for it Cody and Go Hoosiers!!!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9jaa?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=indiana-hoosiers-basketball

1 person likes this

Brother right now the warriors on the team are General Oladipo and Major Shehe,and if he was healthy Col. Elston

1 person likes this

Brother right now the warriors on the team are General Oladipo and Major Shehe,and if he was healthy Col. Elston

They need to improve their toughness for sure.....the Big 10 is bad to the bone...watch out for Minnesota.  They may be as good as anybody....and ole Tubby can coach whe he has 'HIS' guys!!!

1 person likes this

They need to improve their toughness for sure.....the Big 10 is bad to the bone...watch out for Minnesota.  They may be as good as anybody....and ole Tubby can coach whe he has 'HIS' guys!!!

The big man that got hurt last year is a beast

1 person likes this

The big man that got hurt last year is a beast

They have Mbakwe, Hollins (Lionel Hollin's son) and Williams............boy they are tough in the 'barn.'  :)

IU tonight....at Penn State....nothing taken lightly on the road in the Big 10.

1 person likes this

Well the Penn State game was better,they still need to be more physical IMO

1 person likes this

Well the Penn State game was better,they still need to be more physical IMO

I agree....and Elston is out again.  If the Hoosiers do not run, and get bogged down in a half court game they are very beatable.  They simply are not a 'strong' inside team.  Cody is big, but even the smaller guards are fouling him at the hoop and he cannot finish.  That is an enormous problem in the Big 10....and even bigger in the NBA!

Minnesota at Assembly Hall Saturday at noon.  The Hoosiers should be primed for a win at home.  Tubby's boys will come loaded for bear.....we need to deflect the artillery and get a victory!!!  :)

1 person likes this

After last night who cares about IU. It is all about the Pacers and King George! Seeing PG24 tear it up against Lebron and be the best player on the court last night was amazing. I think when we look back 4-5 years from now we will see that west coast trip as the turning point in his career that woke him up.<br /><br />If Hibbert can just be a bit more consistent on offense this team will be a dominate team in the East and we do not even have Granger back.<br /><br />Just seeing them take it to the Heat was fantastic.

2 people like this

After last night who cares about IU. It is all about the Pacers and King George! Seeing PG24 tear it up against Lebron and be the best player on the court last night was amazing. I think when we look back 4-5 years from now we will see that west coast trip as the turning point in his career that woke him up.<br /><br />If Hibbert can just be a bit more consistent on offense this team will be a dominate team in the East and we do not even have Granger back.<br /><br />Just seeing them take it to the Heat was fantastic.

You beat me to it....and said it better than I would!!!  Paul George WANTED the ball every time down the floor.  27 shots.....He needs that "I want the ball" mentality just like all of the good/great players before him.  I echo your statements on Hibbert and Granger as well.

I think DJ Augustin needs more productivity in the relief role.  I am still not sold on Lance Stephenson....although he has turned his game up a notch.

21-14.....lets keep on the roll!!  Go Pacers!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278232

You beat me to it....and said it better than I would!!!  Paul George WANTED the ball every time down the floor.  27 shots.....He needs that "I want the ball" mentality just like all of the good/great players before him.  I echo your statements on Hibbert and Granger as well.

I think DJ Augustin needs more productivity in the relief role.  I am still not sold on Lance Stephenson....although he has turned his game up a notch.

21-14.....lets keep on the roll!!  Go Pacers!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278232

DJ has shown that he is more comfortable and productive playing with more starters. Our bench is pretty weak so I think it hurts him that Green, Mahimi, and the rest just cannot get it done consistently. You put him with PG and West and he preforms like we thought he would.

Well you best get on board the Lance train because I have a feeling that he will be close to taking that leap like PG has. The improvement we have seen in him is exactly what Bird saw in him and I have a feeling he will be a huge contributor come playoff time.

My only concern is the financials going forward with Hibbert having that contract. I am really disappointined in his play, but the guy is a flat out beast on defense and is our anchor so cannot be to bummed.

1 person likes this

DJ has shown that he is more comfortable and productive playing with more starters. Our bench is pretty weak so I think it hurts him that Green, Mahimi, and the rest just cannot get it done consistently. You put him with PG and West and he preforms like we thought he would.

Well you best get on board the Lance train because I have a feeling that he will be close to taking that leap like PG has. The improvement we have seen in him is exactly what Bird saw in him and I have a feeling he will be a huge contributor come playoff time.

My only concern is the financials going forward with Hibbert having that contract. I am really disappointined in his play, but the guy is a flat out beast on defense and is our anchor so cannot be to bummed.

I am with ya on Augustin's play with the starters....and the disappointment in Hibbert other than effort (He gives his all every night)  I will be the first to sign up for the L-Train when he turns the corner in his Pacer career.  Like you say, Bird saw the raw Lance...and knew what he could do....we are seeing bits and pieces of what it can be....I am ready for that bird to fly too!!!  :)

1 person likes this

The Pacers are simply on a tear...  they are playing OUTSTANDING BB.  

Paul George...      WOW..     He is a an All STAR in the making.  

Really exiting times for Pacer fans.

I am with ya on Augustin's play with the starters....and the disappointment in Hibbert other than effort (He gives his all every night)  I will be the first to sign up for the L-Train when he turns the corner in his Pacer career.  Like you say, Bird saw the raw Lance...and knew what he could do....we are seeing bits and pieces of what it can be....I am ready for that bird to fly too!!!   :)

Larry Bird was a talent,is a talent,knows talent,he sees things on the court that regular people dont see,thats the reason he can see the talent and character in these kids.When it comes to this game the man the legend is brilliant

1 person likes this

The Pacers are simply on a tear...  they are playing OUTSTANDING BB.  

Paul George...      WOW..     He is a an All STAR in the making.  

Really exiting times for Pacer fans.

Nobody in the league plays better defense....the offense is now coming together!!!  Paul George WITH Granger could be interesting!!!!

2 people like this

Bird simply gave Lance a chance...    he was a knuckhead in HS and College.    Even his first year in Indy he was "IFFY" .. 

Had Lance been more mature as a very young man he would have been a lottery pick.  I am very excited for Lance, he seems to have totally changed his way of living and the people he "keeps close to him"      No more "posses" whispering in his ear.

So it seems.    One bad night and he could blow it all.     But I think being around Pro's like Hill and West is really rubbing off on Lance.    In a very positive way.    I love the way Lance is playing right now.   

I hope he makes it.    Just think of this lineup... 

C Roy Hibbert

F Mark West

F Granger

G PG 24

G Hill

Bench

C Mahinmi

F Psycho T Hansbrough

F/G  Lance S

F/G  Green...   not a big fan of him but he is athletic as all get out

G  DJA

Or maybe bring Granger first off the bench and keep starting Lance ...    I think that would work.

Bring players the caliber of Mahinmi and Stephenson off the bench and Indiana is a dangerous team.    VERY dangerous.

2 people like this

IMO in the next 3 hour we find out just how good IU is,think they may be facing the biggest challenge of the year so far.GO IU :rock:

1 person likes this

Nice post above by John Dee on the Pacers....who won again against the Anthony-less Knicks to make their recore 22-14....3rd best in the Eastern Conference!

OMG::::::::It is 1156 AM......Time for the Hosiers vs. Golden Gophers........Gotta run...don't miss it Hoosier...Big 10....basketball fans!!!!!   :)

IMO in the next 3 hour we find out just how good IU is,think they may be facing the biggest challenge of the year so far.GO IU :rock:

Typed at the very same time Brother Jay!!!  :)

1 person likes this

Typed at the very same time Brother Jay!!!   :)

Lol this was a war,but liked the fact we got more physical than weve shown in the past,but a few stupid fouls going down the line

1 person likes this

Nice post above by John Dee on the Pacers....who won again against the Anthony-less Knicks to make their recore 22-14....3rd best in the Eastern Conference!

OMG::::::::It is 1156 AM......Time for the Hosiers vs. Golden Gophers........Gotta run...don't miss it Hoosier...Big 10....basketball fans!!!!!   :)

I spelled HOOSIERS correctly......do not know why it has one O...I had to edit it....HMMMMM

1 person likes this

Lol this was a war,but liked the fact we got more physical than weve shown in the past,but a few stupid fouls going down the line

This last foul by Oladipo was touchy with Hollins jumping into him.....sad call IMO.  

1 person likes this

I spelled HOOSIERS correctly......do not know why it has one O...I had to edit it....HMMMMM

Lol excited keyboard

1 person likes this

WTG HOOSIERS :disco:  knew it wasnt over at the half

1 person likes this

Killer instinct....Watford and Oladipo seemed to wilt under pressure

Make no mistake about it, the first half shows more aggressiveness and physicality.  This needs to happen at the venues like Carver-Hawkey and Welsh-Ryan....not just Assembly Hall.

A great overall effort, but we need to show greater poise in tough times....88-81.  At times we saw the BEST IU can play, and at times we saw maybe the worst.....A solid....solid Minnesota Gopher team.  I do not wish for the game at the BARN.  

1 person likes this

Killer instinct....Watford and Oladipo seemed to wilt under pressure

Make no mistake about it, the first half shows more aggressiveness and physicality.  This needs to happen at the venues like Carver-Hawkey and Welsh-Ryan....not just Assembly Hall.

A great overall effort, but we need to show greater poise in tough times....88-81.  At times we saw the BEST IU can play, and at times we saw maybe the worst.....A solid....solid Minnesota Gopher team.  I do not wish for the game at the BARN.  

Watford should not be handling ball against the press,in fact shouldnt have been in at that point,Sheehe shouldve been

1 person likes this

BEST game Cody has played all year overall IMO

The first half was beautiful....I agree his best game.  I still see too many 'strength' issues....baskets he should make when fouled.