Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrentMc11

Indiana University/Indiana Pacer Basketball!

1,750 posts in this topic

Yes I know we are watching our favorite football team at LOS this weekend going after win number 5 against another team moving in the right direction ....The Miami Dolphins.

Indiana University played and won their first exhibition game last night against Indiana Wesleyan 86-57, and are preseason number 1 in the polls as many college basketball fans know. :number1: ( I need a basketball emoticon :) )

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121101/SPORTS0601/121101051/IU-recovers-from-sluggish-start-defeats-Indiana-Wesleyan-86-57?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Indianapolis%20Sports

The NBA season began Halloween night, and the Pacers edged the Toronto Raptors 90-88 with David West taking over in the 4th Quarter to begin 1-0. :thmup: :thmsup:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400277724

I am wondering if anyone is interested in doing some Game threads for Hoosiers, Pacers, and even some other college games. Last year we had some good Pacer threads in the playoffs, and this could (should) be the Best Indiana team since the Bob Knight Era.....Now the TON CREAN ERA!

If anyone is interested...I know it is back to an 82 game grind in the NBA.....college much easier to follow regularly....just let me know your thoughts. I would be glad to start threads or participate. I just wanted to gauge interest and make it orderly so we did not have two or 3 threads started, and it is OK with the mods. Thanks basketball fans. Let me know.....and of course GO :pass: :coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltshorse::coltsfb::colts: !!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Would just like to say Im pumped about the Hoosiers season,this team will be a Beast on the court in my Opinion :thmup:

I'd love that!!! I've been a Pacers fan for over 40 years and love the Hoosiers, too!! I'm down here in Kentucky and Louisville land and hear very little about IU. Go Hoosiers, Go Colts, Go Pacers!!!

We have not had much response....we will see when IU plays Friday.....I know there is a Pacer game tonight....later 820 I believe at San Antonio. Thanks Barry and Jay.

I agree on IU......since UK and LOU were televised, ESPN is putting some loving on them.....just sayin....:) They WILL be good....but the Hoosiers go 11 deep....

1 person likes this

As a lifelong Hooiser fan, I am very excited about this basketball season. However, I preferred the underdog mentallity of last season to starting off ranked #1 in the nation, because the only way to go is down. I think the Hooisers will be very good this year and have a shot at the Big Ten, but I don't believe this team is mature enough for National Title considerations this season.

As a lifelong Hooiser fan, I am very excited about this basketball season. However, I preferred the underdog mentallity of last season to starting off ranked #1 in the nation, because the only way to go is down. I think the Hooisers will be very good this year and have a shot at the Big Ten, but I don't believe this team is mature enough for National Title considerations this season.

I love this team...with Hulls and Watford, they seem mature. Cody is mature beyond his years. Mo Creek has been around the program....I hope you are wrong....but you just cannot will a championship...you earn it.

UK does it with frosh....maybe we can do it. I hope so!!! I know I will watch as many as I can Corndog!! :)

1 person likes this

I love this team...with Hulls and Watford, they seem mature. Cody is mature beyond his years. Mo Creek has been around the program....I hope you are wrong....but you just cannot will a championship...you earn it.

UK does it with frosh....maybe we can do it. I hope so!!! I know I will watch as many as I can Corndog!! :)

Having the Big Ten Network and a DVR helps me watch pretty much all of them. Referring back to your OP, if you want to do game threads or just make this the all purpose IU/Pacers thread I am in. I have actually had trouble finding a good free IU basketball forum.

Having the Big Ten Network and a DVR helps me watch pretty much all of them. Referring back to your OP, if you want to do game threads or just make this the all purpose IU/Pacers thread I am in. I have actually had trouble finding a good free IU basketball forum.

We will do it....hoping we get more than a couple folks. If it gets big, I will do one for each game or scheduled big games....would love to have some fun!!! Thank you for responding.

I for one think hes dead wrong IMO,Lol time will tell

I for one think hes dead wrong IMO,Lol time will tell

Sheehey has grown up and Olapido too.....just wondering how UK can win championships with 'diaper dandy's that ar less mature.......but you still have to earn the trophy!!

Sheehey has grown up and Olapido too.....just wondering how UK can win championships with 'diaper dandy's that ar less mature.......but you still have to earn the trophy!!

Thats a given,but if they stay healthy i think they will be up to the task.Lets face it they are loaded with talent and experience
1 person likes this

Thats a given,but if they stay healthy i think they will be up to the task.Lets face it they are loaded with talent and experience

Indeed WE are indeed :thmup:
1 person likes this

pst....you forgot Purdue basketball as well >.>

pst....you forgot Purdue basketball as well >.>

I would chat to a good Purdue game...if I could keep up with all of the Johnsons. :) Terone, Ronny and Anthony!!!! When I was little, one of my favorite players was Joe Barry Carroll.....I hope a lighning bolt does not hit me for writing that Blackhawk!!
1 person likes this

Now this is something I have a huge issue with. It's stupid decisions like this, that makes me call the NCAA a joke.....As for the Pacers, their performance against the Hawks in the 4th quarter.....2nd most painful thing I watched that night....9 points in the 4th quarter? Really? Paul George wanted to take on that #1 role and so far he hasn't. He at times looked afraid to take shots.

1 person likes this

My favorite time of the year . . . football and college hoops!

Go Colts!!! :cheer: Go Hoosiers!!! :cheer:

Sorry, I'm not an NBA fan. But, I'll still say, Go Pacers!!! :cheer:

1 person likes this

This will be a fun team to watch this year, watching Zeller grow even more, hopefully Olandipo stays on the same path(definitely one of my favorite players to watch), Watford is definitely ready to lead this team along with Hulls, and in his first real game Ferrell looked like the real deal. It's also nice to see Mo Creek healthy, we will see how long it lasts.

As far as the suspensions this will slow their development, but it won't cripple the team. Perea was apparently ready to play, but Jurkin was going to be a project according to Crean. I think losing Elston hurt more, he wasn't a starter, but a very solid bench player that helped this team.

1 person likes this

will still take the 7 or 8 they put on the floor in my opinion

Remy Abel looks like a stud Jay......and Sheehey flat out plays old fashioned Indiana basketball......hard nosed...my only problem is if another on or tw go down with injuries.....hurts the depth...would like Elston's mean streak in there too.
1 person likes this

I will agree Yogi is deffinately going to help,and i think some of the depth can play more than 1 position ,havnt been home to watch the game ,so tell me was Creek playing or no ?

1 person likes this

I will agree Yogi is deffinately going to help,and i think some of the depth can play more than 1 position ,havnt been home to watch the game ,so tell me was Creek playing or no ?

Yogi will wear the 11 proudly.....in fact his youthful smile reminds me of a young Isaiah.

Creek played and nailed two 3s....looked a step slow, but he is a ball player.....it will be nice to have his leadership...I liked the way he played Jay!!

1 person likes this

IMO Creek will take some time to get his step back,when he gets confident he wont re-injure himself

IMO Creek will take some time to get his step back,when he gets confident he wont re-injure himself

Shot is SWEEET!

After the IU game i watched the special on the 1981 team......I forgot how good Landon Turner was getting....and how good he would have been....

Shot is SWEEET!

After the IU game i watched the special on the 1981 team......I forgot how good Landon Turner was getting....and how good he would have been....

Im outta likes,Turner was like Jekyll and Hyde,meek and mild for most of the season,then one day the light switch went on,then he was a monster which couldnt be stopped!

Im outta likes,Turner was like Jekyll and Hyde,meek and mild for most of the season,then one day the light switch went on,then he was a monster which couldnt be stopped!

YOU HAVE to see that show on Big 10 Network.....Kitchel and Tolbert....said Knight tried his very hardest to get Landon to Quit.......apparently the light switched on when he got wind that Thomas would join Big Ray in going pro....Landon said..."I will be there with a." An awesome show.

Goin by IU,s basketball homepage,gotta run you in indy or home?nevermind message that sorry

Goin by IU,s basketball homepage,gotta run you in indy or home?nevermind message that sorry

Says BTN.com.......I think that is a pay site.

Another Hoosier anialiation,with Cody under the weather,this team will be very deap if Crean keeps playing bench,like our Freshmen bigtime,gonna be very productive IMO,tougher compitition coming up next 2 games looking forward to it :thmup:

Another Hoosier anialiation,with Cody under the weather,this team will be very deap if Crean keeps playing bench,like our Freshmen bigtime,gonna be very productive IMO,tougher compitition coming up next 2 games looking forward to it :thmup:

Sheehey may be the best player nobody knows about....Abel is strong....and we have yet to see Elston (injured) as well as Perea and Jurkin....even though Jurkin may be a project...

The game last night was beautiful...even if it was against a poor team. You need to dismantle teams you should.

Don't get me started on the Pacers........

1 person likes this

Ive been pretty impressed with Hollowell and real impressed with Yogi

1 person likes this

Ive been pretty impressed with Hollowell and real impressed with Yogi

I liked that Crean made Yogi play "point guard" and not shoot last night. The passing by Zeller and Sheehey was amazing. Hollowell is learning....he will be a scorer. Watford got a reality check not starting....and finally played great basketball.
1 person likes this