Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts-Dolphins a Marquee Game....

NewColtsFan

Over on NFL.com, our game is the #3 game of the week.....

No one saw this two months ago.

But since both teams are in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs (wildcard) and both have 1st round draft pick QB's, and both have new HC's.... we're getting national attention this week....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000088241/article/steelersgiants-cowboysfalcons-dolphinscolts-head-week-9?icampaign=ATL_newsdriver

Also.... I've seen the line be anywhere from Dolphins favored by 1 to phins favored by 3. But all lines so the Colts as a home underdog. So, neutral people see Miami as the favorite in our house.

This is not going to be an easy game. I'm reading all sorts of great things about the Dolphins OL... some calling it one of the best in the NFL. 4 of their 5 starters have played every single snap of the season. And the 5th, rookie OT Johnathon Martin, has only missed a small handful of snaps. There's talent up front on that OL. That's something to pay attention to as the game unfolds.....

Halfway through the season and both teams are very much relevant... who'da thunk it??

But since both teams are in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs (wildcard) and both have 1st round draft pick QB's, and both have new HC's.... we're getting national attention this week....

http://www.nfl.com/n...=ATL_newsdriver

Also.... I've seen the line be anywhere from Dolphins favored by 1 to phins favored by 3. But all lines so the Colts as a home underdog. So, neutral people see Miami as the favorite in our house.

This is not going to be an easy game. I'm reading all sorts of great things about the Dolphins OL... some calling it one of the best in the NFL. 4 of their 5 starters have played every single snap of the season. And the 5th, rookie OT Johnathon Martin, has only missed a small handful of snaps. There's talent up front on that OL. That's something to pay attention to as the game unfolds.....

Halfway through the season and both teams are very much relevant... who'da thunk it??

Andrew Luck is kneeling wrong in your profile picture. He is suppose to be Tebowing haha

we have beaten better teams,but this wont be an easy team to beat. if we cant establish a run game we wont win. and the dolphins rank among the best in the NFL in run defense. but i think our RB's in Brown and Ballard are progressing better each week. and our Oline is getting better in the run game each week also.

Colts win 20-14

A breath of fresh air thus far the pre-match-up talk has been. Last 3 games we have been smack talked horrendously, only to beat the other teams down into the dirt. Reading a lot of your posts on this board i'm glad to see there is a fair share of optimism and realism as a opposed to "lolol easy win 45-0" like most other teams think the fins are. Fact of the matter is the phins won 3 straight and are playing at an extraordinarly high level, whenever the media discusses miami they are emphasizing that its blatantly obvious we are not playing like a 4-3 team. and it is true that we are 2 field goals from being 6-1 but those were speed bumps. an L is an L.

i'm cautiously optimistic about this one... Luck is going to have a good day, but my prediction is a minimum of 2 picks i'd say 2+... regardless of how many touchdowns or scores just by what i've seen thus far...and that will be huge... I say that because Our Last 3 wins have been because we have literally dominated the turnover differential and played high-level D. Our offense may be pretty low in the ranks, But our D and special teams is ranked #1 and #2 respectively by someplaces like PFF..... our trenches are really really not something to be taken lightly, the running game too, with that being said. Our pass rushing end in wake was just selected as AFC defensive player of the month.... Also him and our center being selected as mid season all-pros. the strength in our team is in both O and D lines, 100%.

I notice some of you say the only good team we played was Houston and they smashed us....Thats pretty true, but a couple things to consider... 1. we have never beat them, ever, and didnt expect to. 2. We came off of 0-4 in preseason to play Houston, game 1. JJ watt blocked a good 4 Passes that resulted in something stupid like 2 or 3 picks and the game was decided in the last 5 minutes before the Half.. Since then our QB has had less tipped passes in pretty much all other games combined and the problems we had in that game seem pretty much a distant memory at this point.

I'm kind of sad to hear VD is out if that is still the case.. I was never a huge fan and was glad to see him leave MIA.... Not sure how you all felt about that swap but i was ecstatic. Is Coby out for sure? That would be pretty bad for you guys going into this game.... Sean smith has held pretty much the top WRs in the league to well below their averages, and is rated one of the best tacklers in football right now, I mean if he sits RW its going to be an interesting game for sure. Whether or not RT starts isnt too huge... i'm confident in either of our QBs in this game. ( in case you were wondering how we felt about that )

All bias aside i'm extremely nervous about this one. Someone predicted Smith is going to have a very big pick in this game to clinch it... and looking at the facts i dont see that as unreal. The game is going to be a nail biter if i had to bet... I'm going to say 24-23 Miami. It really should be a great game.

A breath of fresh air thus far the pre-match-up talk has been. Last 3 games we have been smack talked horrendously, only to beat the other teams down into the dirt. Reading a lot of your posts on this board i'm glad to see there is a fair share of optimism and realism as a opposed to "lolol easy win 45-0" like most other teams think the fins are. Fact of the matter is the phins won 3 straight and are playing at an extraordinarly high level, whenever the media discusses miami they are emphasizing that its blatantly obvious we are not playing like a 4-3 team. and it is true that we are 2 field goals from being 6-1 but those were speed bumps. an L is an L.

i'm cautiously optimistic about this one... Luck is going to have a good day, but my prediction is a minimum of 2 picks i'd say 2+... regardless of how many touchdowns or scores just by what i've seen thus far...and that will be huge... I say that because Our Last 3 wins have been because we have literally dominated the turnover differential and played high-level D. Our offense may be pretty low in the ranks, But our D and special teams is ranked #1 and #2 respectively by someplaces like PFF..... our trenches are really really not something to be taken lightly, the running game too, with that being said.

I notice some of you say the only good team we played was Houston and they smashed us....Thats pretty true, but a couple things to consider... 1. we have never beat them, ever, and didnt expect to. 2. We came off of 0-4 in preseason to play Houston, game 1. JJ watt blocked a good 4 Passes that resulted in something stupid like 2 or 3 picks and the game was decided in the last 5 minutes before the Half.. Since then our QB has had less tipped passes in pretty much all other games combined and the problems we had in that game seem pretty much a distant memory at this point.

I'm kind of sad to hear VD is out if that is still the case.. I was never a huge fan and was glad to see him leave MIA.... Not sure how you all felt about that swap but i was ecstatic. Is Coby out for sure? That would be pretty bad for you guys going into this game.... Sean smith has held pretty much the top WRs in the league to well below their averages, and is rated one of the best tacklers in football right now, I mean if he sits RW its going to be an interesting game for sure. Whether or not RT starts isnt too huge... i'm confident in either of our QBs in this game. ( in case you were wondering how we felt about that )

All bias aside i'm extremely nervous about this one. Someone predicted Smith is going to have a very big pick in this game to clinch it... and looking at the facts i dont see that as unreal. The game is going to be a nail biter if i had to bet... I'm going to say 24-23 Miami. It really should be a great game.

Not sure how I feel about the Davis trade. I feel we gave up too much to get him sometimes but on the other hand our other CB in J. Powers has sucked all season and gets targeted a heck of a lot more than Davis. So not really sure how his play has been... Cody is most likely out. Which kind of hurts but Dwayne Allen has been a really good threat and we picked up a TE from Pitt who looks pretty decent enough that coby being out wont hurt all that much. Reggie Wayne is number one in the league right now in yards. so your guys top notch cb will be going up against the number one this game. We will see how the battle unfolds. I personally am getting pretty dang excited this football year. I'm sure you feel the same way for your dolphins. Our year has been somewhat similar. Pretty excited about this matchup! Probably the most exciting for me this season. Phins are sounding good.

http://www.nfl.com/n...=ATL_newsdriver

What I find interesting as Dolphin fan is the respect our O-line is getting from Indy fans versus our front seven on defense...which is currently the strength of our team.

Our O-line has major talent on it...Jake Long at left Tackle, Mike Pouncey at center(making an argument as the leagues best this year)...Jonathan Martin(Andrew Lucks LT at Stanford) if getting better every week at RT. Incognito is a tenacious, nasty LG...And John Jerry is a huge RG who is finally playing like a pro.

The Dolphins have invested a lot of draft picks on the line of scrimmage in recent years....and this year it is paying off as the Dolphins are very strong in the trenches.

What I find interesting as Dolphin fan is the respect our O-line is getting from Indy fans versus our front seven on defense...which is currently the strength of our team.

Our O-line has major talent on it...Jake Long at left Tackle, Mike Pouncey at center(making an argument as the leagues best this year)...Jonathan Martin(Andrew Lucks LT at Stanford) if getting better every week at RT. Incognito is a tenacious, nasty LG...And John Jerry is a huge RG who is finally playing like a pro.

The Dolphins have invested a lot of draft picks on the line of scrimmage in recent years....and this year it is paying off as the Dolphins are very strong in the trenches.

Believe me, your OL has registered BIG TIME on my 'worry meter'.... I'm officially very, very concerned.

I don't want your OL allowing big runs against our 'D'.... We can't score if we don't get the ball much.

This is going to be a very, very difficult game.

Phins have always been my #2 team and i really like how that O-line has shaped up, but incognito is a DIRTY player. If he keeps pulling the crap he usually does(twisting ankles, spitting, and just in general trying to injure players) he's going to be on the fast track out of the leauge.

i'm cautiously optimistic about this one... Luck is going to have a good day, but my prediction is a minimum of 2 picks i'd say 2+... regardless of how many touchdowns or scores just by what i've seen thus far...and that will be huge... I say that because Our Last 3 wins have been because we have literally dominated the turnover differential and played high-level D. Our offense may be pretty low in the ranks, But our D and special teams is ranked #1 and #2 respectively by someplaces like PFF..... our trenches are really really not something to be taken lightly, the running game too, with that being said. Our pass rushing end in wake was just selected as AFC defensive player of the month.... Also him and our center being selected as mid season all-pros. the strength in our team is in both O and D lines, 100%.

Welcome to the board and good post! :). This one will be a nail-biter for sure. 2 things though. Coby hasn't been a game changer at all, him being out won't hurt us that much. He has like 220 receiving yards on the year, with 80 of them being in the 1st game. I'd pay attention to Allen, our other rookie TE. He's a great blocker, runs very smooth routes and has some of the best hands on the team. He has similar stats to Fleener, despite only having 1 catch for 3 yards in his 1st two games and being asked to block alot more. He will be getting increased playing time with Fleener out. All i'm saying is, don't be surprised if he's being very efficient and and catching many 7-15 yard passes out on your LBers. Also, Reggie has gone up against alot of good DBs this year, Tillman, Jennings, Haden, Woodson and others. Only below average game he had was against Cromartie in that ugly loss to the Jets. But our running game and o-line got destroyed that game leaving Luck very little time to throw. He has not had a game with less than 70 receiving yards this year, which shows his consistency. He's not a 150 yard guy one week, then a 50 yard guy the next. Yet he's leading the NFL with 740+ receiving yards. I expect him to do well against Smith no matter what.