Photo

Will Luck throw for any tds against the dolphins?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#41 Cote Du Rod Laver

Cote Du Rod Laver
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

I was listening to the Dolphins locker room blitz and the commentators said we have less to work with than Ryan Tannehill in the passing game! I thought that was pretty arrogant. Since we have less to work with than Ryan Tannehil, then I guess Luck won't be throwing for any TDs I suppose. Please, he'll throw for more than one I bet. I just pickup this arrogant spirit from the Dolphins for some reason.

I get that too. I hope that Philbin's Phins make the mistake of looking past the most balanced offense they have faced since week 1.

It's a bit bizarre that their opponents are still taking the Colts lightly, given what happened to Green Bay.

The Thumbtacks underestimated the Colts last week and it cost them. Miami could fall prey to their own hubris this week.

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#42 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2550 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

I get that too. I hope that Philbin's Phins make the mistake of looking past the most balanced offense they have faced since week 1.

It's a bit bizarre that their opponents are still taking the Colts lightly, given what happened to Green Bay.

The Thumbtacks underestimated the Colts last week and it cost them. Miami could fall prey to their own hubris this week.

prob trying to hype his team up. The last time we faced the dolphins we held the ball for less than one quarter and won . That was the funniest victory ever.

#43 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Which Reggie???

The ONLY Reggie!!! #87 Reggie Wayne!

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#44 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9875 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

The ONLY Reggie!!! #87 Reggie Wayne!

It'll be TWO Reggie's on the Field. One in Blue, & the other in White, Orange, & Green

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#45 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1312 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

We won't get any respect until we start blowing people out each week... I don't picture that happening for another year or two though. Miami isn't nearly as good as the media makes them out to be, so I'm not concerned with it at all. We may be down Davis and Fleener this week, but I think we'll be just fine on D with Mathis back. The ground game will prove that their run D is nothing no where near as good as they speak.

#46 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

The DOlphins pass defense is ranked 27th (I believe?), and we're at home. I think Luck will find Donnie and/or Reggie for 1 and Dwayne for another.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#47 Kyle

Kyle
  • 1445 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

It'll be TWO Reggie's on the Field. One in Blue, & the other in White, Orange, & Green

#48 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6092 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Luck ranks second in completion percentage (72.7) and yards per attempt (11.8) on play-action. run enough to keep them honest and Luck will run the Spider 2 y banana to Dwayne Allen for a 4yrd TD.

#49 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15656 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

In the jets game he have 0 passings tds.

In the cleaveland game he had 0 passings tds but two on the ground.

In the titans game he had 0 passing tds in regulation, but one in overtime.

Will he break his passing td slump against the dolphins?

A deeper break down is in lucks first four games he had 7 passing tds 5 ints.

So far in the second quarter he has had 1 passing td in 3 games with 3 ints yet still pulled off two wins.

Dolphins have a good defense so it will be interesting to see if he can get it in the endzone through the air.

at home....with the NFL's No.1 receiver..Luck will throw for six more than once..

#50 Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter
  • 1975 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

We won't. ... ???

The mighty "PHINSS" ... have played ...

Hou... and then who else really?

NYJ 2x They got us, but they are a train wreck.
Oak.....
Arizona... talk about a stat stuffer...
St Louis...
Cincy...

Really this run D is all that? I'll take my chances with Indy.

Luck will be the best QB this team has seen ALL season. And Luck is STELLAR at the LOS.

Expect Hilton or Wayne to get deep a time or two.

Ummm.. Tom Brady will get to play them twice this season, so no Luck isn't the best QB they will play this year.

Sean Smith is more than likely going to have whomever he's covering invisible. Luck's best weapon this week will more than likely be Allen.

I am thinking JD meant best quarterback the miami D has seen YET at this point in the season, especially since he listed the teams that the Dolphins have played "at this point in the season" and he used the word HAS which normally indicates past tense ...
Reading Comprehension much???

#51 Al13

Al13
  • Rookie
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

so all of you think that you can pass on miami because the pass defense is only 27th in the league good luck....the reason is because no one can run on miami, the have the most passing attempts against in the whole league and still are like top 3 in opponent QB rating, they have the best 3rd down defense in the league and also are top 5 in the redzone and like top 6 in scoring defense, they could be easily 6-1 right now with a couple of missed FG' s against the jets and arizona, this team plays very physical and this is the biggest problem i see...the trenches, miami's front 7 on D and the colts defense in general, they give up 4.8 yards per carry and QB,s have a 100+ rating against your secondary, miami will not overlook anyone, they will come to play

#52 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7241 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

I think so. Not gonna be sure till Sunday.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#53 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5796 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I am thinking JD meant best quarterback the miami D has seen YET at this point in the season, especially since he listed the teams that the Dolphins have played "at this point in the season" and he used the word HAS which normally indicates past tense ...

Thank you, Exactly what I meant. To many shots. Snipping and totally missing keys.

I need a proof reader after 7 pm.....
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#54 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5796 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

so all of you think that you can pass on miami because the pass defense is only 27th in the league good luck....the reason is because no one can run on miami, the have the most passing attempts against in the whole league and still are like top 3 in opponent QB rating, they have the best 3rd down defense in the league and also are top 5 in the redzone and like top 6 in scoring defense, they could be easily 6-1 right now with a couple of missed FG' s against the jets and arizona, this team plays very physical and this is the biggest problem i see...the trenches, miami's front 7 on D and the colts defense in general, they give up 4.8 yards per carry and QB,s have a 100+ rating against your secondary, miami will not overlook anyone, they will come to play

The Phins are 16th in the league in total D, Indy 11th.

Each team has an obvious strength and weakness.

Indy is controlling the ball on O. And this will be the difference in the game. Luck has a knack for keeping the chains moving.

He is a really, really good QB now, he will one day be GREAT. Miami is not playing Bradford, Fitzgerald, Sanchise 2x, Palmer, Dalton, KOLB>>>>> gggeeeezzzz .

This has not been a murderers row of O's let alone running games, or QB's..

Sunday will decide some things. In reality, both teams are flawed in one way or another.

But Indy will win. Phin Phan won't be seeing Sanchise throwing lollipops to S Hill all game.

Both teams have only played ONE really good team each.... Miami got blown out by HOU, Indy beat GB, who blew out HOU.

Stats are fun aye... hehee..
Aldous Huxley

#55 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9875 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

He should, or we could just let Ballard & Brown run the Ball into the Endzone

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#56 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5796 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Dig into the Phins season long stats here....

They are giving it up on D, but getting a lot of turnovers. The great equalizer.

Colts keep it tight ... they will win. If they don't they will lose.

http://espn.go.com/n.../miami-dolphins

fixed............
Aldous Huxley

#57 Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter
  • 1975 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

The Phins are 16th in the league in total D, Indy 11th.

Each team has an obvious strength and weakness.

Indy is controlling the ball on O. And this will be the difference in the game. Luck has a knack for keeping the chains moving.

He is a really, really good QB now, he will one day be GREAT. Miami is not playing Bradford, Fitzgerald, Sanchise 2x, Palmer, Dalton, KOLB>>>>> gggeeeezzzz .

This has not been a murderers row of O's let alone running games, or QB's..

Sunday will decide some things. In reality, both teams are flawed in one way or another.

But Indy will win. Phin Phan won't be seeing Sanchise throwing lollipops to S Hill all game.

Both teams have only played ONE really good team each.... Miami got blown out by HOU, Indy beat GB, who blew out HOU.

Stats are fun aye... hehee..

not sure the Bears would agree with you on this, assuming that you were insinuating that Greenbay was the one really good team the Colts have played... but the rest of your quote I agree with...

#58 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5796 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

not sure the Bears would agree with you on this, assuming that you were insinuating that Greenbay was the one really good team the Colts have played... but the rest of your quote I agree with...

oops.. I have BLUE sunglasses...

And I would love to play the Bears again... They can be had....
Aldous Huxley

#59 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2550 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

if we played the bears at home right now I believe we would beat them.

#60 BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792
  • 1013 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the tip teach, but if you had read through the posts ENTIRELY we had already discussed this and he reiterated what he meant. Yes I skimmed over the ”has” but focused on the ”all” instead and I took what he meant differently.

How about READING in general chief...

#61 krunk

krunk
  • 3204 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

oops.. I have BLUE sunglasses...

And I would love to play the Bears again... They can be had....

I pretty much agree with you on this John Dee.

#62 chad72

chad72
  • 8899 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

2 TDs for Mr.Luck, case closed!!! :)

Give this man an O-line and D support, he will win a SB pretty quickly for us before his rookie contract is renewed!!! :)

#63 coltsgoodin

coltsgoodin
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Yep, 2, lol!
Keep in mind, I do not care if I have incorrect spelling and grammar so no need to correct me, get it, got it, good!

GO COLTS!!!

#64 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2550 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

not only did we pass on the dolphins Luck set a rookie record

#65 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

And one matters and the other doesn't!

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#66 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2838 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

Wow, so much for their 3rd down D and Sean Smith as shutdown corner. It may be true folks have to pass on them, but Luck and colts were able to execute on them too. Bravo Colts O! Glad D hung in there. Tannehill not a bad QB at all, but I'm so glad 'he's (Luck) on my team!'

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates