•  

Photo

Will Luck throw for any tds against the dolphins?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2430 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

In the jets game he have 0 passings tds.

In the cleaveland game he had 0 passings tds but two on the ground.

In the titans game he had 0 passing tds in regulation, but one in overtime.

Will he break his passing td slump against the dolphins?

A deeper break down is in lucks first four games he had 7 passing tds 5 ints.

So far in the second quarter he has had 1 passing td in 3 games with 3 ints yet still pulled off two wins.

Dolphins have a good defense so it will be interesting to see if he can get it in the endzone through the air.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PatMcAfeeFan

PatMcAfeeFan
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

I hope he has a couple. He's my starter in Fantasy this week since Brady is on a bye.
"Everyone just drink the kool-aid n leap n2 the blue waterfalls of faith...automatic 4the people..the smoker u drink,the player u get!"-Jim Irsay

#3 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3195 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

We are going to continue with the rushing TD's until people respect the run, then the passing will flourish. Given Miami's stout Run Defense, I think we will see at least two this week.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#4 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2149 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

The Dolphins O-Line and their entire defense is very good. This will be a matchup of matchups. Who can beat who. Reggie Wayne will have his hands full as will our front 7 on D vs. their O-line. Tannehill is a dangereous weopon and is every bit as good as any rookie out there thus far in the season. Some say he was the steal of the draft and will be better than RGIII and Luck combined (Collingsworth). But I think we have a puncher's chance at a victory, odds are not in our favor no doubt as Tannehill will likely shread our DB's mercilessly (all he has to do is look at tape of our ineptness). They will be picking on Vontae Davis' replacement and Powers all day. Powers has been getting shelled. I'm hoping for the best and expecting a loss and lopsided outcome, so anything different from that and I am a friggin' happy camper. I predicted the Jets blow-out so I'm hoping I'm wrong and then any premonition I have from now on can be second-guessed. GO COLTS! Stomp the sun out of Miami.

#5 Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'll say one and it'll be to a TE. Sean Smith will likely keep his streak of shutting down the top tier WRs in the NFL against Reggie Wayne. The Dolphins haven't been giving up a lot of points lately either, 36 in their last three games.

#6 Poeticwisdom555

Poeticwisdom555
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

As long as Luck stops throwing the ball to the other team and works on his deep passes i'm happy... TD pass or not.

Look at all the possible picks he threw Sunday.

#7 krunk

krunk
  • 3104 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

He already broke his touchdown drought with the pass to Vic Ballard. There is no "But that was in overtime". It was still done in the same game. I think Luck will pass for more than one touchdown in this game.

#8 USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

He will throw 2 or more. Miami has a great run D

#9 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5816 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

miami's secondary sucks

#10 indy1888

indy1888
  • 613 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

So far in the second quarter he has had 1 passing td in 3 games with 3 ints yet still pulled off two wins.

Dolphins have a good defense so it will be interesting to see if he can get it in the endzone through the air.

I don't care if he has a passing TD or not really. Rushing TD's count the same on the scoreboard.

#11 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

My fantasy team hopes so...

#12 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Reggie will have another HUGE game .... (I hope anyway ;) )

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#13 chad72

chad72
  • 8423 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

I hope he has a couple. He's my starter in Fantasy this week since Brady is on a bye.

Pick up Carson Palmer instead, he is available in most formats. Better matchup in good weather. :)

Back to the OP. Yes, I do anticipate 1 TD throw vs the Dolphins.

2 TDs and 3 FGs for 23 points is what I predicted for a 23-20 win. Let us see how it plays out.

#14 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 866 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

The Miami defense is Vontae Davis-less, because they traded him to someone, forget who it was now. I expect to see Luck throw for 2, considering Miami's heavy handed run defense it may be the path of least resistance.
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#15 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5330 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

CB Richard Marshall for dolphins didn't practice today and is likely to miss his 4th straight game with a bad back. thats good news for Andrew Luck. Marshall was the CB that made Vontae Davis expendable

#16 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5568 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

2-1 in those contests I give a dang how many he throws as long as this teams keeps winning.

And the Dolphins are "ripe" to get beat deep... Take a good look at there schedule thus far. Not world beaters by any means. Feasting off of average QB talent.

They won't be seeing average Sunday.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#17 jbaron04

jbaron04
  • 1380 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

U care about luck throwing td or win?

#18 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8498 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

yes

#19 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4141 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

No offense Stephen, but just about all your posts are tinged with negativity. Just wondering where you are coming from?
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#20 CjMcGirt23

CjMcGirt23
  • 583 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

He has to because we won't rush for any.
CjMcGirt23

#21 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5568 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

We won't. ... ???

The mighty "PHINSS" ... have played ...

Hou... and then who else really?

NYJ 2x They got us, but they are a train wreck.
Oak.....
Arizona... talk about a stat stuffer...
St Louis...
Cincy...

Really this run D is all that? I'll take my chances with Indy.

Luck will be the best QB this team has seen ALL season. And Luck is STELLAR at the LOS.

Expect Hilton or Wayne to get deep a time or two.
Aldous Huxley

#22 Coltivated

Coltivated
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

I hope he doesn't have to that would be sweet.I guess if he has to I hope he breaks out with four tds.

#23 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5449 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

No offense Stephen, but just about all your posts are tinged with negativity. Just wondering where you are coming from?

Always wondering about others.....

#24 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5816 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

if their run defense is half as good as advertised, then i can see andrew rushing for one or two

#25 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2149 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

peyton is the touchdown machine, but if you win I don't care if Andrew Luck throws 2 picks and no TD's and hands off to the maintenence crew-chief for a TD. Luck has been VERY fortunate not to have 2 picks each and every game the way he throws to the other team and his completion % is very low. BUT we are 4-3 and you take the good with the bad. 2 of the 3 losses were very bad, the other loss was a friggin' disaster but here we are, sitting decent. If we lose out, so be it, we will all be ticked but we will get a good draft pick. Main concern is not to lose players to injury.

#26 BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792
  • 972 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

We won't. ... ???

The mighty "PHINSS" ... have played ...

Hou... and then who else really?

NYJ 2x They got us, but they are a train wreck.
Oak.....
Arizona... talk about a stat stuffer...
St Louis...
Cincy...

Really this run D is all that? I'll take my chances with Indy.

Luck will be the best QB this team has seen ALL season. And Luck is STELLAR at the LOS.

Expect Hilton or Wayne to get deep a time or two.

Ummm.. Tom Brady will get to play them twice this season, so no Luck isn't the best QB they will play this year.

Sean Smith is more than likely going to have whomever he's covering invisible. Luck's best weapon this week will more than likely be Allen.

#27 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5568 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Ummm.. Tom Brady will get to play them twice this season, so no Luck isn't the best QB they will play this year.

Sean Smith is more than likely going to have whomever he's covering invisible. Luck's best weapon this week will more than likely be Allen.

please re read my post...

Luck will be the best they have "seen" ...

Ok.. not played.

sigh whatever... Dolphin pah will disappear quickly... after Sun.
Aldous Huxley

#28 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6589 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Overtime still counts, the streak is over.

#29 Truckin Sanders

Truckin Sanders
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

If we win can we give Vontae Davis back and get our 2nd round pick back? Please?!
Playoffs 2015

#30 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4141 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Always wondering about others.....

I'm a caring sort of guy. Thanks for the nice words.
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#31 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2430 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

I don't care if he has a passing TD or not really. Rushing TD's count the same on the scoreboard.

true but he won't beat peytons rookie record by running it in thats why I want him to get more passing tds

#32 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2430 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

U care about luck throwing td or win?

I want luck to do both throw touchdowns and win.

#33 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2430 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

basically what I'm asking is based on Luck's performances through the air against the jets, browns, and titans do you think he will have a better performance against the dolphins. I'm still waiting on a three passing td game from Luck.

#34 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4141 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

basically what I'm asking is based on Luck's performances through the air against the jets, browns, and titans do you think he will have a better performance against the dolphins. I'm still waiting on a three passing td game from Luck.

Ok, I get you. No, I'm not even sure he will have 3 passing TD's in any game this season. We look pretty average in passing in the red zone, and I think we'll become a much stronger rushing team down in the final few yards.....hopefully I've jinxed this and we'll come alive on Sunday!

#35 jbaron04

jbaron04
  • 1380 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

I want luck to do both throw touchdowns and win.

U must have luck on your fantasy team who care as along as we win the game is all I care about

#36 CptHooligan

CptHooligan
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Doesn't much matter to me if Luck throws 0 TDs or 10 TDs in a game... so long as we find a way to win. Heck they could have Castanzo back there lobbing passes to McAfee for all I care if it gets us the W!

Politics would be much more agreeable if business was conducted over a glass of bourbon and a good cigar.

#37 krunk

krunk
  • 3104 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

I was listening to the Dolphins locker room blitz and the commentators said we have less to work with than Ryan Tannehill in the passing game! I thought that was pretty arrogant. Since we have less to work with than Ryan Tannehil, then I guess Luck won't be throwing for any TDs I suppose. Please, he'll throw for more than one I bet. I just pickup this arrogant spirit from the Dolphins for some reason.

#38 Cote Du Rod Laver

Cote Du Rod Laver
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

He will if he has to. Lately the running game has been working. Run it down their throats I say. Run it until they prove that they can stop it.

The Colts are well balanced offensively. If the ground game isn't effective they will go to the air.

#39 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9031 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Reggie will have another HUGE game .... (I hope anyway ;) )

Which Reggie???

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#40 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9031 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Andrew Luck >>> Mark Sanchez

I think he'll at least throw 2. The Dolphins Run D is the Better one. Their Secondary is pitiful

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates