Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Daylight Saving Time

14 posts in this topic

Hi, Colts fans! :) Upconing 2012 Winter DST version taking effect this Sunday Morning, November 4, at 2:00AM We set our clocks back one hour. Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands though, do not observe Daylight saving time.

Winter 2012 DST is utilize early d in the next four months of the calendar year, until we spring forward for Daylight Savings Time for next summer by Sunday Morning on March 10, 2013. ;)

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2012/html

http://en.wikipedia....ght_saving_time

I thought us here in Indiana just had to change it?

oh well my celly takes care of it for me.... hehe.

I wondered how that exactly works. I was wondering if it starts precisely at 12 am, do you go back to November 2nd at 11pm or does time sit still for 1 hour at 12 am untill day light savings time catches up.

::P:

1 person likes this

Other than the 1st day of daylight savings, I absolutely hate it. Dark at 5pm is garbage. Here comes subtle depression and melancholy, oh boy.

I wondered how that exactly works. I was wondering if it starts precisely at 12 am, do you go back to November 2nd at 11pm or does time sit still for 1 hour at 12 am untill day light savings time catches up.

: :P:

This is blowing my mind.....man :D

This is blowing my mind.....man :D

Come 1:58 am tonight( I'll be up anyway), I'm going to be watching the cable box and cellphone. I never seen a clock go from 1:59 to 1:00.

1 person likes this

Come 1:58 am tonight( I'll be up anyway), I'm going to be watching the cable box and cellphone. I never seen a clock go from 1:59 to 1:00.

I have to be at work at 5am (i think, lol) so let me know how that goes.

Other than the 1st day of daylight savings, I absolutely hate it. Dark at 5pm is garbage. Here comes subtle depression and melancholy, oh boy.

well getting dark at 5pm isn't the problem since we are back to standard time. it's the fact that it happens all of a sudden instead of gradually

Time changed. Set my alarm for 4:00 am to make sure there were no problems with getting up for work in the morning. It went off way too early for a Sunday!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Indiana DYK(Old Northwest)  Indiana was part of the Northwest Territory 
    • Negative, no. Critical, yes. I never said Pagano was a bad coach. But, Pagano has had 5 years to develop better strategies (granted in concert with the other coaches and players Grigson and the FO provided). I suppose some would try to put all the failures on Grigson, but in my experience with teambuilding, that (the failure of one person) is almost never the case. In fact, I would speculate that, for whatever reason, the lack of a coherent strategic vision for the team resulted in players "trying too hard", getting hurt, and ultimately coming up short of their potential. Part of that under-performance is the lack of development of the mental aspects of the game. Slow starts, mis-matched playcalling, poor clock management are indicators of strategic mental lapses.
    • I think you hit the nail right on the head with your New York and Los Vegas comment. There are a few other artist who fall into that category also. I'm not going to venture to make a list of those artist. Music is so compelling to each individual and effects each one of us differently. Like you said Frank was a little ahead of my time but I can't judge him in the fact if he was good or bad. His career started with the big band era and then ventured into acting where he did have success. Like him or not he was huge in his style.
    • I think we could see Spence at M and Jackson at W to start the season. If someone doesn't step up at M. We could easily run that pair out week 1. We could do a lot worse.   The biggest change we need to make at ILB is speed. That pair gives us that. Rhodes is a guy who could surprise. This will be a position group I'll be keeping a close eye on 
  • Welcome New Members

•   Sorry to keep harping on the Irish thing, but did you know the horseshoe has seven points on it?  (The Colts horseshoe, anyway.  Actual shoes for horses depend on the farrier).   Seven is considered a lucky number...  Lucky.  Luck.  I'm telling you, you picked the right team to root for.   7    
    •   Don't hold Boston against the Irish.  It's not our fault.    We love our green, which makes Indiana a tearmann.   I love it that you chose to root for an underdog instead of the Pats.  I don't think it's coincidence that you became a fan around the time Luck got drafted to the Colts.  That's providence.     Horseshoe?  Luck?  Four-leaf clover?  Come on.  Hoosier Hospitality has roots in Irish fun-lovery.  If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough!  May the luck of the Irish be with you!  
  • Members

• Arodgers12

Arodgers12 245

• coltsfan77

coltsfan77 58

• pacolts56

pacolts56 2,327

• bababooey

bababooey 1,967

• shaggy1048

shaggy1048 2

• thatonefan

thatonefan 15

• GOZER

GOZER 1,180

• twfish

twfish 1,039

• PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger 4,513

• jvan1973

jvan1973 12,971

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.