Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Broncos Playoffs?

rabidfan77

The moderators on these boards are praying these two teams don't have to play one another until PM retires.

Personally I try to stay out of these discussions someone on either side of the fence gets out of line, then I have to do a smack down....

I'm about to do a smack down....

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat as some of the other Manning fans are. I started rooting for the Colts when Peyton joined them because I followed him in his college career at Tennessee and I really liked his play and believed he was going to be something really special. So I've been rooting for the Colts all these years as he was with them. I often told my friends that I'm not sure if I'm really a Colts fan, that I'm more likely just a Manning fan and when he goes I'm done with the team. When the talk of cutting him started to happen, I wasn't really bitter at all. I actually relished the idea that Peyton could go to a new team, lead them to the playoffs and possibly a Super Bowl while still maintaining his high level of play. So far he's on pace to accomplish 2 of those goals this year, hopefully the 3rd happens. It would just further cement his legacy as one of the best ever to play the game.

But I have followed this team for so long and that just doesn't go away overnight. I still root for the team and hope they continue doing well. Luck is looking like he has a bright future here and could become the next big thing. With all that said, I don't want to see the Broncos vs the Colts in the playoffs. I don't know, it just feels too soon to me. I know the Broncos will be playing the Colts next year in Indianapolis. That's when I want to see their first match up. Manning comes home where he should still be very beloved by the hometown Colts fans. It'll probably be a primetime game, they can hype up the drama or whatever they want going into the game. That's the scenario I'd like to see but I'm not in control so we'll see what happens. I think the Colts will get in as a wild card. But I think the Broncos will be able to secure a 1st round bye. So if they meet, I don't think it will happen in the wild card game.

The moderators on these boards are praying these two teams don't have to play one another until PM retires.

Personally I try to stay out of these discussions someone on either side of the fence gets out of line, then I have to do a smack down....

I'm about to do a smack down....

Unfortunately, it's on schedule next season. Peyton is coming to Indy next year.

I'm kind of with gramz on this one. (You seem like an awesome person, btw.)

I have frequented these forums for probably 4 years now. I just have never posted much. I used to post alot but then the forums changed and I lost my old name or something. I just like I had to reply here.

This is random but I feel like Peyton has already played two superbowls this year. It was amazing to see what he did to the freaking Chargers and to the let's-pad-brees'-stats Saints.

I've watched every Colt's and Bronco's game this year. I love Peyton. I get that SAME FEELING from when he was in blue and white. I know the qb debates and stuff but come on... hands down, he's the best. And he's ours, still. I would celebrate a Peyton Manning Bronco superbowl as much as a Colt's one.

What I'm saying is I don't see how anyone can bash someone for cheering, even against our Colts, for Manning. I would cheer for the Colts in a playoff game against Manning but I would cry, smile, jump up and down either way it went.

Indianapolis is my home. I moved away for 7 years to Ohio to go be a father but I watched and listened to every Colt's game I possibly could. I moved back this Spring right after Peyton got cut.... I posted this back then but it was absolutely surreal to drive by Lucas Oil, which I drove in circles about ten times the 2nd day I was back. Just WOW... To see that thank you Peyton banner in person and not on espn. It hit me as bad as his good bye press conference.

I'm not calling it loyalty. Colts first, sure. But I would have the same effect either way, and just maybe moreso to Peyton. My son and I have been doing this since he was 2. I ask him who's the best qb. He yells Peyton Manning. Best football team? He yells the "football Indianapolis Colts". Now it's the same. I ask who the 2nd best qb is and he says, "Eli Manning. No, Andrew Luck then Eli." Lol

I just think sometimes it's more than football. Sorry for all the randomness. I can't stand fans who can't grasp why we got rid of Manning. Even if he beats the Colts 77-10 in the playoffs and wins the next two superbowls. Luck is something special and it made sense to move on. But what I can't stand more is how some Colt's fans, not all but some, have forgotten Manning and all the special things he did for us, city and team.

Any Denver fans here? Enjoy it now. You hit the freaking lottery. Not only with a qb but a heck of a person.

Thank you, and Welcome aboard.

Yes shadefourfive, both Peyton Manning, the Denver Broncos, Andrew Luck, the Indianapolis Colts, & Gramz are pretty freaking AWESOME IMHO. :thmup: