Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Broncos Playoffs?

rabidfan77

Football is such a different animal though. Playoff games are one-and-done... no best of seven. If Tom Brady left the Patriots and came back to play against them with another team, in the playoffs, I would still root for the Patriots. I did that for roughly 25 years before anyone knew who Tom Brady was, and will be doing the same long after he hangs 'em up.

There's no "right answer" though. Some root for the name on the front of the jersey, some on the back. To each his or her own.

Fans are entitled to root for whoever they chose to and are entitled to their own personal reasons for rooting for a team/player. Some fans root for a team because they grew up in the team's home city, some because of a player(s) who really caught their eye and drew them into the sport in the first place, some because they are affiliated with the team in some other capacity, etc. Fans root for teams/players because of different reasons, all equally valid. So there is nothing wrong with supporting your team through thick and think or with rooting your favorite players.

if somehow the colts were to magically meet denver in the playoffs, the colts would get destroyed. We're not ready yet to deal with that offense, nor keep Luck up against that pass rush.

Believe it or not you are not the czar of the colts fan club so it is not your right to determine who can be in the club and who cannot. I am a colts fan but i am also a peyton fan I do have a respect for him though because of the type of man he is and for what he's done for this team and city. If you cant understand that its not my problem.

Please let fans from all over the country and globe support and root for whatever NFL player or players they want too without engaging in pointless debates about so and so's a traitor or not a real or loyal fan for the new horseshoe regime. It's petty, trivial, and insignificant. That's why I like having so many friends on Colts Forum with different #1 teams than mine. It gives me perspective and my friends from these different organizations will respect me more if I point out what say Tom Brady does well, JJ Watt does well, London Fletcher does well, Jonathan Vilma does well, or Peyton Manning does well.

I tend to agree with Freaky Jason though. I respect Peyton Manning immensely for what #18 has done for the city of Indianapolis and how he has transformed and transcended the sport of professional football and is a great goodwill ambassador for this league. But, in the issue of full disclosure and fairness, Tom Brady and Drew Brees have done exactly the same thing for their respective franchises and cities as well. RG3 and JJ Watt are well on their way to accomplishing the same feat in Washington, D.C. and Houston Texas too IMO.

Root for whatever team and or player you want. Meaningless arguments about team loyalty, or rather questioning a person's loyalty to a specific squad, is just that...Meaningless and shortsighted IMHO. Just my :2c: ; take it or leave it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let fans from all over the country and globe support and root for whatever NFL player or players they want too without engaging in pointless debates about so and so's a traitor or not a real or loyal fan for the new horseshoe regime. It's petty, trivial, and insignificant. That's why I like having so many friends on Colts Forum with different #1 teams than mine. It gives me perspective and my friends from these different organizations will respect me more if I point out what say Tom Brady does well, JJ Watt does well, London Fletcher does well, Jonathan Vilma does well, or Peyton Manning does well.

I tend to agree with Freaky Jason though. I respect Peyton Manning immensely for what #18 has done for the city of Indianapolis and how he has transformed and transcended the sport of professional football and is a great goodwill ambassador for this league. But, in the issue of full disclosure and fairness, Tom Brady and Drew Brees have done exactly the same thing for their respective franchises and cities as well. RG3 and JJ Watt are well on their way to accomplishing the same feat in Washington, D.C. and Houston Texas too IMO.

Root for whatever team and or player you want. Meaningless arguments about team loyalty, or rather questioning a person's loyalty to a specific squad, is just that...Meaningless and shortsighted IMHO. Just my :2c: ; take it or leave it.

Can't disagree with that. However, when Freaky comes on and fans the flames deliberately, draws the reaction he wants, then plays the wounded soldier then cries 'bully', I'm not taken in. Been there, got the t-shirt and the ban. I'm done with this thread now, but when the Broncos make the play-offs, and the Colts don't, and this guys comes on waving his virtual pom poms asking us to give him an 'M', i'll no doubt let myself down and take the bait.

I really need to grow up. Sheesh.

Can't disagree with that. However, when Freaky comes on and fans the flames deliberately, draws the reaction he wants, then plays the wounded soldier then cries 'bully', I'm not taken in. Been there, got the t-shirt and the ban. I'm done with this thread now, but when the Broncos make the play-offs, and the Colts don't, and this guys comes on waving his virtual pom poms asking us to give him an 'M', i'll no doubt let myself down and take the bait.

I'm no saint either and I too was banned for 24 hours once for less than flattering comments myself braveheartcolt. I never got a t-shirt though. Major bummer. haha Just Kidding moderators!!! However, I have learned my lesson as well and I have made a deliberate effort to be more civil, polite, and kind in my blogger discourse over time trying to consider the other bloggers perspective in whatever topic disagreement I might have.

Yes, you are 100% correct braveheartcolt. The Colts won't make the Playoffs this year and I am not banking on it next season either for that matter. You have keen insights and observations braveheartcolt; I like that.

The point is how many celebrities do that kind of thing with their money and how many spend it on cars, drugs, jewelry, dogfighting etc etc. I realize peyton is not the only one and i by no means deify the man. But he has gone above and beyond to help those who have needed it. For the contributions he has made both on and off the field i wish him nothing but success, even if that temporarily comes at the expense of my favorite team that will be around long after peyton is done.

I have no problem with people feeling differently about the matter. But others should show me the same respect and not have a problem with the way i feel. Making comments that i deify a man or saying im not a colts fan is just a petty way for someone to try to make them feel better about themselves. "Look at me, I'm a better fan than you." So, what you want s cookie? I must have missed the memo that being s fan became a competition. Guess i wont win the trophy. Shucks

Sorry bro but you never should have made that statment.

Jami Gertz and her husband, Anthony Ressler - $10,569,002

Herb Alpert - $9,104,829

Mel Gibson - $6,853,020

George Lucas - $4,250,000

Not to mention the queen of Charitable donations of over 200 million.

I don't understand why your all up in arms about this. To the majority of the people what you are putting on a forum it shows that you are a Peyton fan first, then a Colts fan.

Your bringing it upon yourself with comments that I bolded.

If you don't want your "fanhood" questioned then you might want to re-word your statements so they don't come off like that. If you wanna see Peyton win as a bronco versus a colts win over the broncos with Peyton that's your right, but realize that you are on a Colts forum and not a Peyton forum.

If you don't want your "fanhood" questioned then you might want to re-word your statements so they don't come off like that. If you wanna see Peyton win as a bronco versus a colts win over the broncos with Peyton that's your right, but realize that you are on a Colts forum and not a Peyton forum.

You know that brings up an interesting question. Yes, this site is indeed a Colts Forum meaning that the fans who gravitate on this site are undoubtedly Blue Horseshoe fans naturally. But, how do you find a balance between serving your exclusive Colts clientele while at the same time encouraging other fans from the remain 31 NFL teams to contribute? I only ask because other friends of mine on here are Texans fans who have every right to defend their squads and they are often told the same thing.

In other words, this is a Colts Forum and a Houston fan can not expect validation or safe haven here. What? If we want to encourage debate and peaceful, lively discussion from all other NFL organizations than why can't a Houston fan, a NE fan, or a Seattle fan defend their team? Naturally, I am not condoning malicious or inflammatory statements here, but you can't have it both ways: Seek out all opinions and feedback and then say hey this is a Colts site we are not here to canter to other fans wishes and desires to defend their favorite teams. When I say you I am referring to conduct policy rules and bylaws governing blogger inactions on this site not a specific person or individual per say. Thank you.

You know that brings up an interesting question. Yes, this site is indeed a Colts Forum meaning that the fans who gravitate on this site are undoubtedly Blue Horseshoe fans naturally. But, how do you find a balance between serving your exclusive Colts clientele while at the same time encouraging other fans from the remain 31 NFL teams to contribute? I only ask because other friends of mine on here are Texans fans who have every right to defend their squads and they are often told the same thing.

In other words, this is a Colts Forum and a Houston fan can not expect validation or safe haven here. What? If we want to encourage debate and peaceful, lively discussion from all other NFL organizations than why can't a Houston fan, a NE fan, or a Seattle fan defend their team? Naturally, I am not condoning malicious or inflammatory statements here, but you can't have it both ways: Seek out all opinions and feedback and then say hey this is a Colts site we are not here to canter to other fans wishes and desires to defend their favorite teams. When I say you I am referring to conduct policy rules and bylaws governing blogger inactions on this site not a specific person or individual per say. Thank you.

I understand what you are saying southwest and I have no problem with other fans on the board. Really if everyone agreed about everything on this board (which would never happen) it would be very dull. The point that I was trying to make is that it would be like a chicken going into a foxhole (sorry for the bad analogy but its almost midnight and my brains is turning to mush) What I mean is you can very well go wherever you want but be prepared for people to pounce if you go against the status quo.

Look I appreciate what he did for the city of Indy and the Franchise of the Colts but he now has different colored laundry when it comes to Sundays. Same thing happend with Vinateri. When he was a Patriot he was the enemy. He's gotta a horseshoe on his helmet now, its squashed.

I don't think any colts fan is simply going to wish 18 ill-will or want anything bad to happen to him, but he is now a Denver Bronco and not an Indianapolis Colt. Its as simple as that. Same thing happened with Edge. Loved the guy and still do (just like 18) but when he stepped on the field and his uni wasn't white and blue, didn't want him to play good because the colts come first to me. Not Edge, Not Peyton. No one person is bigger than the team.

Again if anybody wants to root for whomever, I'm okay with it; all I'm saying is that don't expect a warm and friendly response when you are going against the grain so to speak.

To answer your question we have some resident fans of other teams on this board and for the most part the banter is mild. The mods do a good job of keeping the trolls out and although I have had my share of "debates" with Texans fans as well as NE fans, the situation is completely unique with regard to this topic.

Lastly Southwest, from what I have read of this thread its not so much the team as the player. That being said if he wants Peyton to beat us; this is his god given right but I would say don't expect a warm response.

If, as we see often on here, fans of other teams deliberately trolling, then they get short shrift from everyone, including the mods. The fans that come on and engage, with some naughty interaction at times, are welcomed. Deliberate trolling or goading, particularly when parading as a Colts fan but actually wanting them to lose (check - Warhorse) will not get a nice reaction from the majority on here. I can live with the fall-out when that happens, but the other end need to as well, without throwing out indignant cried of bullying etc.

I understand what both coltsfanmilyman and braveheartcolt are saying...#1 There is a difference between honest discourse and deliberately trying to the rock the boat and antagonize people just to get a rise out of them. #2 If your not in the locker room anymore, you turn from ally into team foe. #3 Any fan's allegiance toward a team or player can be freely expressed, but don't always anticipate a "warm & cuddly" response if that viewpoint is contrary to public opinion. #4 Devotion to a previous player is fine & warranted as long as people remember that the athlete is a former member of this squad and not a current one.

I don't kiss anyone's caboose. I defend my friends vehemently and I could care less if people think a viewpoint that I have is nuts, bizarre, and way off base. I will always respect and root for #18 because like Freaky Jason said everything Peyton Manning has done for Indianapolis, Tennessee, and now what he is doing for Denver. Look, I love the Colts long before #18 landed in INDY. The way I see it, by the time Andrew Luck & company take off, Manning will be done in the NFL or at least winding down in his final professional football career anyway. If #18 is now the enemy, then why do we flip the switch & embrace him with open arms once he retires & gets into into the INDY HOF & NFL HOF then? A foolish notion if you ask me...But, that's another issue for another topic.

I respect your valid points gentlemen. Well said both of you. :hat::thmup:

Thank you Southwest. You see alot. For what it is worth, I apologise Freaky, if my rebuttal to your stance was over zealous, harsh or rude. I come on here to battle with opinions, have friendly discourse, look for a funny line, be educated and make friends not enemies.

If I have overstepped the line, I take it back.

Honestly surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet... This was about the colts vs the broncos and how epic it would be to see this matchup. Not the colts vs Peyton manning or fan vs "not a fan". Jason the freak is a Peyton fan first (obviously) and there's nothing wrong with that. I want Peyton to have many more rings. Not at the expense of the colts. But that's just me. I am a colts fan first. Why does it matter? Let him feel the way he wants (I assume you are a man unless you know a Jason who is a freak that effected you so deeply that you needed a screen name named after him......unlikely). Let us all get along. I think Jason is a colts fan. Doesn't mean he can't love Peyton. We all do.... Chill.

I didnt fan any flames. I gave an honest answer to the question asked by the op and then gave explanation as to why i felt that way. From then on i was attacked. Not the reaction i was hoping for but it was the reaction i expected from a few select people and you sure prived my expectation to be correct. ;)

I have never and will never (since the divorce) come on here to sing peytons praises or be his cheerleader. I come here to talk about the colts. However if a question is asked that pertains to manning then i may answer with my honest opinion

Sorry bro but you never should have made that statment.

Jami Gertz and her husband, Anthony Ressler - $10,569,002

Herb Alpert - $9,104,829

Mel Gibson - $6,853,020

George Lucas - $4,250,000

Not to mention the queen of Charitable donations of over 200 million.

I don't understand why your all up in arms about this. To the majority of the people what you are putting on a forum it shows that you are a Peyton fan first, then a Colts fan.

Your bringing it upon yourself with comments that I bolded.

Please show me where i said peyton was the only generous celebrity. I did not say that because i know it to not be true. However for every peyton there is a mike vick to counter. We got one of the great ones and im thankful that he was a part of our team and our community.

I slso realize this is a colts forum. I come here to talk colts. If you have a problem with the question that was asked then direct your comments to the op. I merely answered the question that was asked openly and honestly

I understand what you are saying southwest and I have no problem with other fans on the board. Really if everyone agreed about everything on this board (which would never happen) it would be very dull. The point that I was trying to make is that it would be like a chicken going into a foxhole (sorry for the bad analogy but its almost midnight and my brains is turning to mush) What I mean is you can very well go wherever you want but be prepared for people to pounce if you go against the status quo.

Lastly Southwest, from what I have read of this thread its not so much the team as the player. That being said if he wants Peyton to beat us; this is his god given right but I would say don't expect a warm response.

This is a forum for lively, friendly discussion. Pouncing is not needed and is against the forum rules. I never expected a warm response. I didnt expect anyone to say "oh you disagree? Thats great lets hug". We could easily have had civil discussion about the matter though as is evidenced by these last couple of pages, for the most part. The pouncing is what im trying to stop.

If, as we see often on here, fans of other teams deliberately trolling, then they get short shrift from everyone, including the mods. The fans that come on and engage, with some naughty interaction at times, are welcomed. Deliberate trolling or goading, particularly when parading as a Colts fan but actually wanting them to lose (check - Warhorse) will not get a nice reaction from the majority on here. I can live with the fall-out when that happens, but the other end need to as well, without throwing out indignant cried of bullying etc.

I didnt call out indignant cries of bullying, i called a spade a spade. Your initial replies to me as well as the other 2 ive referred to were attempts to attack me, question my character, tell me to leave and call me a syciphantic idolater. How is that not bullying?

Thank you Southwest. You see alot. For what it is worth, I apologise Freaky, if my rebuttal to your stance was over zealous, harsh or rude. I come on here to battle with opinions, have friendly discourse, look for a funny line, be educated and make friends not enemies.

Thank you i do appreciate that as well as the recent comments from jules and silenthil. For my retaliatory comments to each of you i also apologize.

Just remember that key word, friendly. Hopefully we can all remember that from now on and the forum will benefit from it. :)

You got a t-shirt? They must have run out of football phones.

Obviously if this site tolerates the likes of you and me, we're in good company.

Do you really want fans from the other 31 teams in here? I view it much different than you. I view this as a Colts safe haven, where we can obsessively chatter about the Colts and how they are doing, The Texans fans around here do it right. They know that Houston is better than IND, and we know Houston is better than IND, but neither of us talk about it, any ideas why? It's something that our newly converted Broncos fans haven't gotten a grasp on yet. They don't do it because they know it will just cause a stir. This is something the Broncos fans have to deal with. FWIW I think that someone saying "I'd root for the Broncos over the Colts in a playoff game" but then, continues on to say they are a Colts fan should be looked at for Trolling. I mean seriously, what kind of reaction would you expect from a statement like that?

You're welcome braveheartcolt. You & I are a lot alike. We engage in sarcasm, humor, friendly rivalry banter with other NFL squads, and we just want to learn something new & have a productive chat about our favorite team the Indianapolis Colts. I look forward to reading more of your sharp observations in the future braveheartcolt & I have decided to add you as a Forum friend today too with you permission of course.

BTW, your avatar rocks!!! :rock:

braveheart.jpg

Do you really want fans from the other 31 teams in here? I view it much different than you. I view this as a Colts safe haven, where we can obsessively chatter about the Colts and how they are doing, The Texans fans around here do it right. They know that Houston is better than IND, and we know Houston is better than IND, but neither of us talk about it, any ideas why? It's something that our newly converted Broncos fans haven't gotten a grasp on yet. They don't do it because they know it will just cause a stir. This is something the Broncos fans have to deal with. FWIW I think that someone saying "I'd root for the Broncos over the Colts in a playoff game" but then, continues on to say they are a Colts fan should be looked at for Trolling. I mean seriously, what kind of reaction would you expect from a statement like that?

Clearly SH, you & I view the core intent behind this Colts Forum site from a 180 degrees apart from polar ends of the spectrum. This site is not a safe haven sheltered from constructive criticism from other fans of NFL squads not by a longshot. A variety of opinions good, bad, neutral, or indifferent from other bloggers supporting other football organizations leads to strength, diversity, & a well rounded site filled with a vast array of perspectives and feedback. Locking the vault door to all opinions contrary to a single diehard Colts devotion theme or motif is counter productive and ultimately weakens the value of this site with such a monolithic, laserbeam focus IMO.

A friendly rebuttal to an outlandish statement saying something negative about the Blue Horseshoe is always warranted when necessary SH; no objection to that course of action whatsoever. However, variety of opinions from a diverse group outside Indianapolis and the Blue Horseshoe spells strength, vitality, and the ability to adapt, change, and evolve by keeping your debating skills as fluid and sharp as as razor blade. Life is a series of negotiations where you must constantly validate and prove your perspective & point of view. The more you do it; the better you get at it. Colts Forum is a centralized location and hub for all things Colts related, but this site isn't a protected and sheltered haven or shielded from public scrutiny SH...Absolutely not IMHO!

I respect your difference of opinion on this SH; let's just agree to disagree & leave it go as such. Have a nice day SilentHill. :thmup:

You got a t-shirt? They must have run out of football phones.

Obviously if this site tolerates the likes of you and me, we're in good company.

GoPats & braveheartcolt, bloggers like the 2 of you give our site a fresh perspective with a objective set of eyes & I for one am glad that you guys are regular contributors here. Thank you.

Clearly SH, you & I view the core intent behind this Colts Forum site from a 180 degrees apart from polar ends of the spectrum. This site is not a safe haven sheltered from constructive criticism from other fans of NFL squads not by a longshot. A variety of opinions good, bad, neutral, or indifferent from other bloggers supporting other football organizations leads to strength, diversity, & a well rounded site filled with a vast array of perspectives and feedback. Locking the vault door to all opinions contrary to a single diehard Colts devotion theme or motif is counter productive and ultimately weakens the value of this site with such a monolithic, laserbeam focus IMO.

A friendly rebuttal to an outlandish statement saying something negative about the Blue Horseshoe is always warranted when necessary SH; no objection to that course of action whatsoever. However, variety of opinions from a diverse group outside Indianapolis and the Blue Horseshoe spells strength, vitality, and the ability to adapt, change, and evolve by keeping your debating skills as fluid and sharp as as razor blade. Life is a series of negotiations where you must constantly validate and prove your perspective & point of view. The more you do it; the better you get at it. Colts Forum is a centralized location and hub for all things Colts related, but this site isn't a protected and sheltered haven or shielded from public scrutiny SH...Absolutely not IMHO!

I respect your difference of opinion on this SH; let's just agree to disagree & leave it go as such. Have a nice day SilentHill. :thmup:

I'm OK with your way of thinking, and I don't see any issues with it, as long as we can all agree that a negative comment about the Colts is never going to be met with lollipops and rainbows then I think we can all get along just fine :)

I'm OK with your way of thinking, and I don't see any issues with it, as long as we can all agree that a negative comment about the Colts is never going to be met with lollipops and rainbows then I think we can all get along just fine :)

Exactly SH! Beautifully stated & right on the money. I ran out of likes already today otherwise I would have given you one too! Very well articulated BTW SH... :hat:

One final Amendment to this rule: I always give the person who states a derogatory Colts comment an opportunity to elaborate, expand, & explain their position in further detail first. Usually, people who can't defend their position with empirical evidence are engaging in conjecture, projection, & hyperbole & they aren't that committed to that viewpoint in the 1st place. They tend to pop like a pin exploding a balloon IMO. Or they convince me of a well thought counter argument that I never considered before & true enlightenment occurs.

Please show me where i said peyton was the only generous celebrity. I did not say that because i know it to not be true. However for every peyton there is a mike vick to counter. We got one of the great ones and im thankful that he was a part of our team and our community.

I slso realize this is a colts forum. I come here to talk colts. If you have a problem with the question that was asked then direct your comments to the op. I merely answered the question that was asked openly and honestly

I am not saying that you said he was the only one, in fact you said there were others. Although from the tone of the post it seemed to me that there is no other. I would honestly say that for every peyton there are two opposite not just the one because alot of money tends to make someone greedy. Bro i'm not dogging you out or thumbing my nose at you at all. I have no problem with who you pull for, no offense but i don't care one way or the other. Sorry if that comes across callous but i wont lose any sleep over it just like you wouldn't for me.

This is a forum for lively, friendly discussion. Pouncing is not needed and is against the forum rules. I never expected a warm response. I didnt expect anyone to say "oh you disagree? Thats great lets hug". We could easily have had civil discussion about the matter though as is evidenced by these last couple of pages, for the most part. The pouncing is what im trying to stop.

I never said that it was the right thing to do, nor do I condone it but again like I posted this is a colts forum and I don't think that you should be surprised that there could become a "mob mentality" against un-popular opinion.

Thats it, that is all i'm saying.

Back on topic....

I want the colts in the playoffs, I want them to play the broncos, then the pats, then finally the texans en route to our next SB appearance.

Long live the Horseshoe!

For the Record: I am on of those who have been on occassion told that I am not a true Fan. I might ask those telling me this, "What is the Definition of a "true fan" anyway?

I have always loved the game of football. In High School, we lived for the Friday Night Lights of the Game. Being from Ohio, I was a fan of Ohio State, however, my oldest son chose to go to the University of Tennessee.

My first time watching Peyton Manning was my son's Freshman year of College. Mike attended The University of Tennessee, and his Freshman year I wondered if he actually went to classes, because when I would talk to him on the phone or on-line, the conversations usually revolved around this awesome Quarterback for the VOLS. Mike couldn't say enough about him. After seeing a few games, I too was hooked on this amazing QB. He was so exciting to watch, and my interest in football grew and grew. Then came NFL Draft Day. I was glued to the television to see where he would land.

Now, if I'm being totally honest here, (which btw, I know no other way) I hadn't a clue about the Indianapolis Colts, the team or the organization. But when Peyton was drafted, well you might as well say they drafted my entire family too. We followed Peyton to Indy, attended numerous games over the years, and became HUGE fans of the Colts, the team, the organization and the City of Indianapolis. Downtown Indy is one of my favorite places.

It broke my heart when Peyton and the Colts parted ways, but I now know that the way things were going, the way they played out, etc.. it was the best decision. Peyton is doing well in Denver, and Indianapolis is rebuilding, and I believe Andrew Luck will do great things for many years to come.

I will ALWAYS root for Peyton, he is/was the reason I came to love the game of football, and my introduction to the Great Organization of the Indianapolis Colts.

And for the record.... I am a Colts Fan. I am a Manning Fan. I believe it is possible to be both.

Do you really want fans from the other 31 teams in here? I view it much different than you. I view this as a Colts safe haven, where we can obsessively chatter about the Colts and how they are doing,

As was already addressed, this is not a place for colts fans only. It is off the official website of the Colts and anyone is welcome to join. If you want a colts safe haven then you're going to have to find a private forum with restricted membership.

The Texans fans around here do it right. They know that Houston is better than IND, and we know Houston is better than IND, but neither of us talk about it, any ideas why? It's something that our newly converted Broncos fans haven't gotten a grasp on yet. They don't do it because they know it will just cause a stir. This is something the Broncos fans have to deal with.

I'm not a Broncos fan, I'm a Peyton fan and a Colts fan. If you can't understand that then that's your problem. I've tried to explain over and over but you don't seem to get it. That's fine. Regardless, attacking someone, questioning their character just because they have a different point of view than you do is uncalled for and against the terms of service of this site.

FWIW I think that someone saying "I'd root for the Broncos over the Colts in a playoff game" but then, continues on to say they are a Colts fan should be looked at for Trolling. I mean seriously, what kind of reaction would you expect from a statement like that?

You want me looked at for trolling? Go right ahead. Read through every post I've made. I am not a troll. I don't go into every thread talking about how great Peyton is. I only talk about him when he's already been brought up. You don't want Peyton talked about at all in here? Too bad. He was a fixture with this organization for over a decade. Yes he is with another team now but you can't just flip a switch and make people forget about him. Now I do understand what you were saying about some of the members that continued to gripe and complain after he left, talking about how big of a mistake it was and literally bringing it up in each and every thread on the forum. There were some members that would go into any thread about anything at all and turn the conversation towards how much they miss Peyton. Have I done that? No, and I wouldn't either. He's gone, I've accepted it and moved on.

I know that there are different types of fans in the world. Some put a team first, others put a player first. There is no right or wrong way to be a fan. The sooner you realize that and accept it the happier you and everyone else will be. The easiest way to explain it for me is that the Colts are my favorite team but Peyton is my favorite player. Unfortunately, now that can lead to a conflict of interests if or when the time comes that they go against each other. Which one I choose to ultimately root for is my business and my choice. Also, the choice I make does not affect you AT ALL.

To your final question..what kind of reaction would I expect? Read through the thread and see all of the responses that led to friendly/civil discussion that did not include personal attacks. It can be done. You don't have to attack someone, tell them to leave, or question their character just because they have a different point of view that you have. You can accept their different opinion and ask questions to try to better understand. You could simply say you disagree and move on. You could just read the post and ignore it. There are a number of options.

As was already addressed, this is not a place for colts fans only. It is off the official website of the Colts and anyone is welcome to join. If you want a colts safe haven then you're going to have to find a private forum with restricted membership.

I'm not a Broncos fan, I'm a Peyton fan and a Colts fan. If you can't understand that then that's your problem. I've tried to explain over and over but you don't seem to get it. That's fine. Regardless, attacking someone, questioning their character just because they have a different point of view than you do is uncalled for and against the terms of service of this site.

You want me looked at for trolling? Go right ahead. Read through every post I've made. I am not a troll. I don't go into every thread talking about how great Peyton is. I only talk about him when he's already been brought up. You don't want Peyton talked about at all in here? Too bad. He was a fixture with this organization for over a decade. Yes he is with another team now but you can't just flip a switch and make people forget about him. Now I do understand what you were saying about some of the members that continued to gripe and complain after he left, talking about how big of a mistake it was and literally bringing it up in each and every thread on the forum. There were some members that would go into any thread about anything at all and turn the conversation towards how much they miss Peyton. Have I done that? No, and I wouldn't either. He's gone, I've accepted it and moved on.

I know that there are different types of fans in the world. Some put a team first, others put a player first. There is no right or wrong way to be a fan. The sooner you realize that and accept it the happier you and everyone else will be. The easiest way to explain it for me is that the Colts are my favorite team but Peyton is my favorite player. Unfortunately, now that can lead to a conflict of interests if or when the time comes that they go against each other. Which one I choose to ultimately root for is my business and my choice. Also, the choice I make does not affect you AT ALL.

To your final question..what kind of reaction would I expect? Read through the thread and see all of the responses that led to friendly/civil discussion that did not include personal attacks. It can be done. You don't have to attack someone, tell them to leave, or question their character just because they have a different point of view that you have. You can accept their different opinion and ask questions to try to better understand. You could simply say you disagree and move on. You could just read the post and ignore it. There are a number of options.

1. Nothing was addressed, it is open for interpretation what this forum is for. If you take the words at the top literally, this forum is for Colts Fanatics, A fanatic is defined as: A person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, esp. for an extreme religious or political cause. I chose to take them literally, some others impose their own meaning.

2. You most certainly are a Broncos fan, Your a fan of Peyton Manning, and he plays for the Broncos, Do you want the Broncos to win or do you just want manning to go 30/30 for 450 yards and 4 TD's 0 INT and still lose the game?

3. I'm not saying your a troll, there are plenty of people out there that are not troll's that have trollish actions from time to time, I think we are all guilty of that, All I'm saying is that the statement you made, in the environment that we have hear could be considered trolling. It fit's the definition, and you know what they say. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

I'm sorry but if you expect civil discussion when you insult someone's team your looking at the wrong sport. Football has the most passionate fan base in the USA, I would say world, but we don't riot, burn buildings down and flip cars over like they do when something goes down in Soccer. To expect a passionate fan to stand down when someone insults their team like you did wouldn't be a wise hypothesis. Now I'm sure your going to say you didn't insult the team, but to me you did. In my eyes, you insulted the entire Colts organization when you said you would root for the Broncos if they faced the Colts in the playoffs. It's not hard to see how I got to that, and I won't bother explaining it for a 3rd time.

At this point I'm ready to let this go, I've explained all I can explain, and I just hope you understand that as I said in this post If your going to root against the Colts then don't expect lollipops and rainbows.

For the Record: I am on of those who have been on occassion told that I am not a true Fan. I might ask those telling me this, "What is the Definition of a "true fan" anyway?

I have always loved the game of football. In High School, we lived for the Friday Night Lights of the Game. Being from Ohio, I was a fan of Ohio State, however, my oldest son chose to go to the University of Tennessee.

My first time watching Peyton Manning was my son's Freshman year of College. Mike attended The University of Tennessee, and his Freshman year I wondered if he actually went to classes, because when I would talk to him on the phone or on-line, the conversations usually revolved around this awesome Quarterback for the VOLS. Mike couldn't say enough about him. After seeing a few games, I too was hooked on this amazing QB. He was so exciting to watch, and my interest in football grew and grew. Then came NFL Draft Day. I was glued to the television to see where he would land.

Now, if I'm being totally honest here, (which btw, I know no other way) I hadn't a clue about the Indianapolis Colts, the team or the organization. But when Peyton was drafted, well you might as well say they drafted my entire family too. We followed Peyton to Indy, attended numerous games over the years, and became HUGE fans of the Colts, the team, the organization and the City of Indianapolis. Downtown Indy is one of my favorite places.

It broke my heart when Peyton and the Colts parted ways, but I now know that the way things were going, the way they played out, etc.. it was the best decision. Peyton is doing well in Denver, and Indianapolis is rebuilding, and I believe Andrew Luck will do great things for many years to come.

I will ALWAYS root for Peyton, he is/was the reason I came to love the game of football, and my introduction to the Great Organization of the Indianapolis Colts.

And for the record.... I am a Colts Fan. I am a Manning Fan. I believe it is possible to be both.

Nicely written post Gramz, especially your very last sentence. Both field generals can be equally admired, watched, & respected at the same time IMO. Thank you for such honest & comprehensive thoughts.

hi-res-153627491_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

peyton-manning-broncos-qb_0.jpg

1. Nothing was addressed, it is open for interpretation what this forum is for. If you take the words at the top literally, this forum is for Colts Fanatics, A fanatic is defined as: A person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, esp. for an extreme religious or political cause. I chose to take them literally, some others impose their own meaning.

2. You most certainly are a Broncos fan, Your a fan of Peyton Manning, and he plays for the Broncos, Do you want the Broncos to win or do you just want manning to go 30/30 for 450 yards and 4 TD's 0 INT and still lose the game?

3. I'm not saying your a troll, there are plenty of people out there that are not troll's that have trollish actions from time to time, I think we are all guilty of that, All I'm saying is that the statement you made, in the environment that we have hear could be considered trolling. It fit's the definition, and you know what they say. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

I'm sorry but if you expect civil discussion when you insult someone's team your looking at the wrong sport. Football has the most passionate fan base in the USA, I would say world, but we don't riot, burn buildings down and flip cars over like they do when something goes down in Soccer. To expect a passionate fan to stand down when someone insults their team like you did wouldn't be a wise hypothesis. Now I'm sure your going to say you didn't insult the team, but to me you did. In my eyes, you insulted the entire Colts organization when you said you would root for the Broncos if they faced the Colts in the playoffs. It's not hard to see how I got to that, and I won't bother explaining it for a 3rd time.

At this point I'm ready to let this go, I've explained all I can explain, and I just hope you understand that as I said in this post If your going to root against the Colts then don't expect lollipops and rainbows.

Again, I am not a Broncos fan, I am a peyton fan. There is a difference. If you are insulted by my choosing to root for Peyton and not the colts then I don't know what to tell you. Against anyone else I would be rooting for the Colts. They are my favorite team. However peyton is my favorite player and in this instance, the favorite player, for me, comes before the favorite team. If you cannot understand that then....oh well I guess. You can't please all the people all the time. Again though, who I root for and why is my business and does not affect you at all. If who I root for upsets your ability to enjoy the game that's just sad.

You're not calling me a troll but yet you're calling me a troll. lol It is possible to have civil discussion about differing opinions without name calling and questioning each others' character. When you're in school and someone has a different opinion from you, do you start calling them names and then run away? Do you run to the teachers asking them to investigate that person for being a troll?

Again, I am not a Broncos fan, I am a peyton fan. There is a difference. If you are insulted by my choosing to root for Peyton and not the colts then I don't know what to tell you. Against anyone else I would be rooting for the Colts. They are my favorite team. However peyton is my favorite player and in this instance, the favorite player, for me, comes before the favorite team. If you cannot understand that then....oh well I guess. You can't please all the people all the time. Again though, who I root for and why is my business and does not affect you at all. If who I root for upsets your ability to enjoy the game that's just sad.

You're not calling me a troll but yet you're calling me a troll. lol It is possible to have civil discussion about differing opinions without name calling and questioning each others' character. When you're in school and someone has a different opinion from you, do you start calling them names and then run away? Do you run to the teachers asking them to investigate that person for being a troll?

I'm not buying your Broncos/Manning I'm a fan/not a fan comments.

I've already said it before and I'll say it one last time. I'm OK with what you choose to do, or don't do, or root for, or don't root for. It's your choice. All I'm saying is expect the worst if your rooting against my Colts. I don't care if you like Manning 0.0000000000000000000000000001% more than you like the Colts. I'll treat you no different than a Patriots fan rooting for the Patriots over the Colts or a Texans fan Rooting fore the Texans over the Colts or a Joe Flacco fan rooting against the Colts. It doesn't matter, all that matters in the common denominator, you rooting against the Colts.

No offense to some, but I bet some of these "true fans" are only fans because of the title "Indianapolis" and not "Colts." If you want to rank them it probably goes:

1-2nd to last: Everything else

Last: City

The day the Colts leave town these "true fans" won't be around. Maybe for the time Indy doesn't have a team, but the day that new team rolls in they'll forget all about the 'Shoe.

To add they'll be the first to criticize the new city that Peyton wasn't their QB. :rollseyes:

I'm not buying your Broncos/Manning I'm a fan/not a fan comments.

I've already said it before and I'll say it one last time. I'm OK with what you choose to do, or don't do, or root for, or don't root for. It's your choice. All I'm saying is expect the worst if your rooting against my Colts. I don't care if you like Manning 0.0000000000000000000000000001% more than you like the Colts. I'll treat you no different than a Patriots fan rooting for the Patriots over the Colts or a Texans fan Rooting fore the Texans over the Colts or a Joe Flacco fan rooting against the Colts. It doesn't matter, all that matters in the common denominator, you rooting against the Colts.

Fair enough. To be honest, I don't really care what you buy and what you don't. I am a fan of the colts and a fan of peyton. Unfortunately the time will come when those 2 things will present a conflict of interest. How that affects you does not matter to me in the least. I will treat you with the same respect, or lack thereof, as you treat me. If you want things to be civil and friendly then we can be civil and friendly. If you don't, then that's fine too. ;)