Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Broncos Playoffs?

rabidfan77

I read a story on nfl.com with freeney talking about finally getting to sack peyton, nothing over the top just friendly banter. So I know this will bring out some of worst but try to keep it civil, so how would you feel if Indy faced Denver at home for the playoffs? If you attended the game would you show Peyton the respect he earned LONG ago or would you shun him like any other opposing player?...personally im very optimistic and think the colts have a chance to beat denver but we all know just how dangerous manning is, i'd like to avoid that match up this year. It still hurts a little to see peyton in blue and orange it just doesn't feel right and i'd like at least a year to adjust before facing him. I am a Colts fan first and I've embraced Luck as our qb I know if he can stay healthy he will probably challenge most of peyton's colts records. I recently defended the decision when I was talking to a friend who said the colts were stupid for cutting peyton, we all see the potential luck has and I for one think he will dominant like peyton has when he reaches the level peyton is at. However I will always be a fan of peyton for all that he gave to this franchise both on and off the field, I find myself cheering only for peyton when I watch broncos games haha.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't shun all opposing players, and I most certainly wouldn't shun him. Either we'd have to win the division along with them, they'd have to lost the division and make the wild card along with us, or one of us would have to win a WC game to reach the other. A long shot.

I have a feeling that his promise from Pre draft interviews would come true, if you know what I mean ;)

I read a story on nfl.com with freeney talking about finally getting to sack peyton, nothing over the top just friendly banter. So I know this will bring out some of worst but try to keep it civil, so how would you feel if Indy faced Denver at home for the playoffs? If you attended the game would you show Peyton the respect he earned LONG ago or would you shun him like any other opposing player?...personally im very optimistic and think the colts have a chance to beat denver but we all know just how dangerous manning is, i'd like to avoid that match up this year. It still hurts a little to see peyton in blue and orange it just doesn't feel right and i'd like at least a year to adjust before facing him. I am a Colts fan first and I've embraced Luck as our qb I know if he can stay healthy he will probably challenge most of peyton's colts records. I recently defended the decision when I was talking to a friend who said the colts were stupid for cutting peyton, we all see the potential luck has and I for one think he will dominant like peyton has when he reaches the level peyton is at. However I will always be a fan of peyton for all that he gave to this franchise both on and off the field, I find myself cheering only for peyton when I watch broncos games haha.

Here is the article btw

http://www.nfl.com/n...-peyton-manning

That would be interesting none the less.. I would definitely give a couple cheers for Manning pre game, but once the game starts I'd be all about the Colts. I wouldn't rage in anger if Manning dominated, but I would let out a subtle sigh thinking to myself "welp that's Peyton for ya." It wouldn't rage me like if Michael Vick was to dominate the Colts.

In the unlikely event that there is a Colts Vs. Broncos playoff match-up, I would root for the Colts, of course.

But as I am from Colorado, I would also very much like to see the Broncos take a championship under Manning.

If my desire to see the Colts win is at 100, then my desire to see Peyton's Broncos win is at 95.

ah heck I'll be the first to say it...I'd be rooting for Peyton. Some players do so much good on and off the field that they transcend the game and as such, I couldn't root against them for any reason. Peyton's window is 3-5 years, max. Luck and this new era of Colts just making the playoffs would be ahead of schedule and they'll have plenty of time to continue to grow, improve and fight for championships long after Peyton has to hang up the cleats.

If we were fortunate enough to go to the playoffs.....this year....next......I would want the same thing I always want. A big fat W. I wouldn't care if it was the dream team of my favorite former Colts.

It is and has always been, the Horseshoe on the side of the helmet. No player is bigger than the shoe. That is my feelings on it.

hmmmm i dunno. i mean he did buy 21 papa johns in denver. means he will wont be returning to indy any time soon or in the near future lol. but on topic i don't know what i would do. prob nothing and treat him like any other opponent cause that is all he is now is just another opponent standing in the way of a superbowl (not that we can get it this year )

Its funny that this topic comes up because I said this very same thing during the offseason. Wouldn't it be crazy if the colts and broncos played each other in the playoffs?

LOL I would LOVE IT!

I would love to see Powers get a pick six and watch Freeney and Mathis sack him about 3x each.

As much as I love Manning and what he has done for the city and the team. It would be nice to see this face

http://forums.colts.com/gallery/image/1252-manning-face/

And not feel the pain that is associated when he makes that face. Everyone on this board knows that face and when they see that face, things aren't going right for Manning.

Happy he is doing well in Denver but sorry, you are now the enemy!

Ah, so all those true Colts fans who kind of supported the 'Suck for Luck' campaign last season as we had the long term interest of our franchise at heart, now have to quietly condone (albeit hypothetically) a 'Suck for Manning' campaign?

Count me out please.

The only consolation of losing to the Broncos would be the Manning factor for sure, as we all wish him a great end to his career, but not at the expense of my Colts. And then we will have to endure the torment of all the Peytonittes on here baying for Irsay's blood once again.

I hope it doesn't happen ever (play-off match-up). Next year, in the regular season will be bad enough.

Sorry MAC, I know where you stand!

ah heck I'll be the first to say it...I'd be rooting for Peyton. Some players do so much good on and off the field that they transcend the game and as such, I couldn't root against them for any reason. Peyton's window is 3-5 years, max. Luck and this new era of Colts just making the playoffs would be ahead of schedule and they'll have plenty of time to continue to grow, improve and fight for championships long after Peyton has to hang up the cleats.

I hate to admit it, but I also feel the same. I love the Colts, but no one deserves another championship more than Peyton. If the Colts continue to provide us with lots of entertainment for the rest of the year I will be delighted. Our season will continue to go up and down

I wouldnt and who cares if his window is closeing.I love Peyton but he and the Colts had alot of chances to win Super bowls.

Out with the old and in with the new is what I think. I am a Colts fan, So denver can lose every game the rest of this year and I wouldnt care at all. Matter of fact If we did meet I hope the Colts stomp them in the ground. Sorry but some people just need to let go!

But if Denver and New England meets up then I would root for Denver...

I wouldnt and who cares if his window is closeing.I love Peyton but he and the Colts had alot of chances to win Super bowls.

Out with the old and in with the new is what I think. I am a Colts fan, So denver can lose every game the rest of this year and I wouldnt care at all. Matter of fact If we did meet I hope the Colts stomp them in the ground. Sorry but some people just need to let go!

I agree!! I will never root against my favorite team regardless if Peyton is getting old and might not get an opportunity to win another. If we play Denver I hope we blow them out 45-0 and i hope we get 5 INT and 5 sacks. If you would root for Denver over the colts in a playoff game maybe you're on the wrong forum. I root against every afc team in the regular season and that won't change in the playoffs. Unless the colts need an afc team to win to make it in the playoffs. That's the only way I will root for any team in the afc. It's all about the Colts for me.

Go Colts!!!

That would be interesting. I would still favor Indy and hope for an upset. The odds would be for Denver, though. Manning against Luck: veteran and rookie. I've always liked Manning and am glad that he's doing well, so a Denver win wouldn't upset me greatly. I would be happy that the Colts even got that far!

And if by chance Indy won a playoff game against Denver... well the world would probably come to end.

I love Peyton, but I will always root for the Colts!!

So back to reality....

Strike #1

If for some reason the Colts and Broncos met in the playoffs, it would most likely be in Denver.

Strike #2

Unfortunately with our pass rush, and their O-Line.....we would never get to Peyton to even try and sack him. The closest Freeney would get to Manning is the hand shake after the game.

Strike #3

Munusky isn't disguising our blitzes any better than Coyer did, so Peyton (being Peyton) would most likely eat us alive.

To each their own. But given what peyton did for this city both on the field (he pretty much single handedly put this city on the map) and off the field (the man essentially gave the city a new state of the art childrens hospital) i cant fathom how anyone could root against him just because he now wears a different jersey. Like i said, some players transcend the game because of their individual efforts off the field. Eh like i said, to each their own. You want to cheer on a team because of the emblem on their helmet then more power to you. Me? I'll root for the guy who darn near single handedly put that emblem on the map and who did more for our city than possibly any other individual has done for any city....ever.

:)

Impossible scenario for this season.. Our d made mark sanchez look like Joe Montana. What do you think Peyton would do.. But to answer the question i would root for the shoe

Our D also made Aaron Rodgers look like Jamarcus Russel.

I wouldn't say anything is "Impossible" at this point.

To each their own. But given what peyton did for this city both on the field (he pretty much single handedly put this city on the map) and off the field (the man essentially gave the city a new state of the art childrens hospital) i cant fathom how anyone could root against him just because he now wears a different jersey. Like i said, some players transcend the game because of their individual efforts off the field. Eh like i said, to each their own. You want to cheer on a team because of the emblem on their helmet then more power to you. Me? I'll root for the guy who darn near single handedly put that emblem on the map and who did more for our city than possibly any other individual has done for any city....ever.

That makes no sense. So one man, built the franchise and the city, and now that he has moved on your going to turn your back on the that and root against everything he built? That's saying a lot to your true character.

I agree!! I will never root against my favorite team regardless if Peyton is getting old and might not get an opportunity to win another. If we play Denver I hope we blow them out 45-0 and i hope we get 5 INT and 5 sacks. If you would root for Denver over the colts in a playoff game maybe you're on the wrong forum. I root against every afc team in the regular season and that won't change in the playoffs. Unless the colts need an afc team to win to make it in the playoffs. That's the only way I will root for any team in the afc. It's all about the Colts for me.

Go Colts!!!

ok i guess we are on the same page then... Also I only would root for denver if the colts did not make it to the playoffs and denver did sorry should have stated that more clearly.

I know what he did and I dont think anybody will forget it either. But its all in the past and this is about football not what he does off the field.

Why do i get the image of Vader and Obiwan. "Ive been waiting for you Peyton. You should not have

come back!"

I rather get the image from SW3, the last duell at the end between Obiwan and Anakin.

Was I a photoshop master I made the scene You get from "New hope" replacing with Peyton's and Andrew's faces...

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

While I get some of what you're saying, how will a Lombardi Trophy being lifted in Denver help the city of Indianapolis more than another banner in Indy?

If this was to happen the Internet would explode under the narcissistic journalistic waffle that would ensue!

As detailed above very unlikely to happen but I'd have to go Colts first but at least if we lost I wouldn't feel as bad as say losing to the Jets. Peyton is the whole reason I got into watching NFL and why I'm a Colts fan but being from the UK we tend to follow teams rather than players.

What I really would find it interesting is if the fans were quiet for both Peyton and Andrew while they were out on the field..... the quietest NFL game ever?