Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Broncos Playoffs?

rabidfan77

Fair enough. To be honest, I don't really care what you buy and what you don't. I am a fan of the colts and a fan of peyton. Unfortunately the time will come when those 2 things will present a conflict of interest. How that affects you does not matter to me in the least. I will treat you with the same respect, or lack thereof, as you treat me. If you want things to be civil and friendly then we can be civil and friendly. If you don't, then that's fine too. ;)

I'm fine with that, Will you be rooting for the Colts on Sunday vs Miami? If so then we are best friends, When we beat the Broncos I'll imagine we won't be friends then, but that's ok. We can be friends after that when the Colts play in the Divisional round :)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, no one is going to undergo an awakening here. People tend to believe what they want to believe and no amount of vigorous debate or persuasion is going to make them change their mind. If you were in the Peyton Manning camp from day 1, you aren't going to switch horses in midstream now. If you are for a fresh start and complete reboot, you probably favor Andrew Luck.

There is no definite universal answer here that everyone can agree on except to say that team loyalty never comes with a cookie cutter instruction manual with a pretty little bow on top. If we live in both a multicultural and multidimensional society, then can't we as a society also be admirers of more than 1 player from multiple football organizations at the same time? It sounds like a reasonable request and modern day reality to me anyway.

Nothing profound or rather illuminating in that statement other than this: Pick and choose your battles wisely because frivolous arguments over insignificant matters is like getting upset at a deaf man because he didn't hear you, let alone follow your directions.

I'm not buying your Broncos/Manning I'm a fan/not a fan comments.

I've already said it before and I'll say it one last time. I'm OK with what you choose to do, or don't do, or root for, or don't root for. It's your choice. All I'm saying is expect the worst if your rooting against my Colts. I don't care if you like Manning 0.0000000000000000000000000001% more than you like the Colts. I'll treat you no different than a Patriots fan rooting for the Patriots over the Colts or a Texans fan Rooting fore the Texans over the Colts or a Joe Flacco fan rooting against the Colts. It doesn't matter, all that matters in the common denominator, you rooting against the Colts.

Expect the worst everybody!!! Big boy on the internet is going to treat you like a Pats fan if you root for Peyton Manning....apparently they are one in the same. Somebody with a difference of opinion is clearly a bad person with questionable character.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Expect the worst everybody!!! Big boy on the internet is going to treat you like a Pats fan if you root for Peyton Manning....apparently they are one in the same. Somebody with a difference of opinion is clearly a bad person with questionable character.

What level are we at now? Defcon 2 or is it now 1? A Little Cold War humor... Just Kidding!!! Doesn't anybody remember the movie "War Games" with Matthew Broderick? :lol:

Screenshot-defcon.png

pcgamer1.jpg

Edited by 21isSuperman

What level are we at now? Defcon 2 or is it now 1? A Little Cold War humor... Just Kidding!!! Doesn't anybody remember the movie "War Games" with Matthew Broderick? :lol:

Yes I remember that movie. Personally have never been a huge fan of ferris but to each his own.

When I think of 80's all that comes to mind are John Singleton movies

Sixteen Candles was on just last weekend

RIP John!

Yes I remember that movie. Personally have never been a huge fan of ferris but to each his own.

When I think of 80's all that comes to mind are John Singleton movies

Sixteen Candles was on just last weekend

RIP John!

I'm not a huge fan of Matthew Broderick either, but the film "War Games" was so cheesy it was hilarious with giant computers and really bad haircuts. And who can forget the W.O.P.R.? I wonder if the Burger King fast food franchise with the Whopper sandwich ever considered any legal action against Paramount Pictures? Yes, they are spelled differently that's true.

whopper-sacrifice-facebook.png

1016813135734446.JPG?0.12805987887228687

I'm not sure what to think of this.... I will say that flying lawnmowers are pretty cool, especially when being watched by an animated gorilla. Also i'm not upset, why would I be upset? I just call em like I see em. lol

I really didn't think you were upset, I just jumped at the chance to use this picture for something. haha

When and IF (and that's still a major if it's not like we would be the first team to be 4-3 and miss the playoffs) I'll be pulling for the Colts. I love Peyton Manning and thankful for what he did for this franchise but at the end of the day I am a Colts fan first and foremost.

Right now I am more interested in seeing if we can beat a Miami team that has been much better than people thought and is frankly a bad match up for the Colts and then come back on a short week and beat a team on the road that already beat us at home. Then when that is done go to New England. Our two week winning streak could turn into a three game losing streak really fast.

Considering that #18 was the franchise QB in INDY from 1998-2010, his tenure lasted 12 years. Andrew Luck is still in his rookie campaign as a professional QB. Let's hope that the fan base in INDY will gradually let Andrew grow into his own field commander without expecting a seasoned general with over a decades worth of knowledge and experience under his belt. Peyton is in a good spot and frame of mind right now and so is Andrew; Hopefully, it will remain that way without any alarming or catastrophic drop offs down the road.

No offense to some, but I bet some of these "true fans" are only fans because of the title "Indianapolis" and not "Colts." If you want to rank them it probably goes:

1-2nd to last: Everything else

Last: City

The day the Colts leave town these "true fans" won't be around. Maybe for the time Indy doesn't have a team, but the day that new team rolls in they'll forget all about the 'Shoe.

To add they'll be the first to criticize the new city that Peyton wasn't their QB. :rollseyes:

At least I'm free from that accusation, being a 'foreigner' and all that.....!

Love the 'movie' distraction that brought this thread round. We can all be a bit silly at times. At least no one loses any teeth over an internet brawl.

Oh, did I tell you I met a Pats fan at Wembley last week, who was only wearing one shoe? I asked him, "lose a shoe pal?" He said, "no, I found one".

Over...

Here's my two cents before I ignore this thread.

If the Colts played Denver in the playoffs, I would be rooting for Indy. I was a Colts fan years before Peyton came to town and started taking us places. Am I a Peyton fan? Of course I am, but I'm also a Colts fan and they come first.

We weren't the "Indianapolis Peyton Manning's", and we aren't the "Indianapolis Andrew Luck's". We're the Indianapolis Colts, and that's WHO I root for. That isn't to say I wouldn't root for Denver if they were playing anyone else.

Oh, and Peyton Manning wasn't the first star Indianapolis had. I seem to remember a couple of guy's named Reggie Miller and Marshall Faulk.

I was drawn to the Colts by Manning in 2004. I was almost undrawn to the Colts by Polian and Week 16. I was embarrassed by the Colts in 2011. I am enthralled by the 2012 Colts - by Reggie, by Chuckstrong, by 12, by Freeman and the rest.

I've never been to Indy, but I feel I belong. I'm coming over in 2013, and I cannot wait.

John Hughes?

Wasn't John Singleton the dude Dough Boy was afraid of?

LMBO can't believe nobody else caught that. LOL good catch FJC yes I meant John Hughes, not Singleton. LOL I think Dough boy would have been ruling the library in The Breakfast Club! He definitely would have been punking Judd Nelson!

Again good catch FJC

I am a Colt Fan as most posters know but I know on thing for sure :funny:

There would a whole lot of Bronco 18 jerseys and Colt 18 jerseys in Lucas Oil Stadium......without a doubt! That said.....Go :colts: :colts: :colts:

I didn't realize there was so much love for Frank Tripucka in Indy . . . :D . . .

http://www.footballc...Frank_Tripucka/

with that said it would be neat to see Peyton's jersey in two colors in the stadium . . .

You guys should pull for a Colts/Broncos matchup. We all know how Manning plays in the post-season.

Yeah we heard that the first 5 times you posted it.

We get it. You want to justify Brady being better than Manning.

We dont care.

I would hope for both Peyton and Luck to have amazing games and I would be very happy for either if they won. I will never forget what Peyton has done for this franchise and no one deserves another super bowl more than him.

This would be so much easier if people stopped getting hung up on what the word "fan" means and puffing their chests on both sides trying to meet their own definitions when both sides know the other person's position.

I prioritize the Colts over players, both former and current, and other NFL teams because i rooted for the team before anyone else, except Irsay, was here.

Done.

I know Im gonna get torched for this like jason has been. So Im gonna say my 2 cents and im done cuz i dont have time for message board drama. I LOVE the colts. I LOVE Peyton. Peyton being drafted to the colts is the reason that as a 10 year old I became a colts fan. Peyton is my favorite thing about NFL football. Peyton has 3-5 years left to cement his legacy. Being a HUGE peyton fan I want very little more than for him to be recognized as the GOAT indisputably like jerry rice is for WR's. For that reason I am a Peyton fan for the remainder of his career as well as a Colts fan. But because the colts franchise is not limited in existance the way Peyton's career is I would cheer for peyton. Look, I love the colts and peyton as close to equally as you possibly can. Im not from Indy, so I dont have this sense of city/state pride many of you have.

when it comes down to it its like this for me. Say your two sons are playing each other in the SB. One is in his last year, one is a rookie with a bright future. You can't really outright root for one over the other, but deep down inside you want the old vet to win one while he has a chance knowing the rookie has plenty of opportunities in the future.

Sorry in advance for offending most of you with my lack of true fan hood. Flame away.

I know Im gonna get torched for this like jason has been. So Im gonna say my 2 cents and im done cuz i dont have time for message board drama. I LOVE the colts. I LOVE Peyton. Peyton being drafted to the colts is the reason that as a 10 year old I became a colts fan. Peyton is my favorite thing about NFL football. Peyton has 3-5 years left to cement his legacy. Being a HUGE peyton fan I want very little more than for him to be recognized as the GOAT indisputably like jerry rice is for WR's. For that reason I am a Peyton fan for the remainder of his career as well as a Colts fan. But because the colts franchise is not limited in existance the way Peyton's career is I would cheer for peyton. Look, I love the colts and peyton as close to equally as you possibly can. Im not from Indy, so I dont have this sense of city/state pride many of you have.

when it comes down to it its like this for me. Say your two sons are playing each other in the SB. One is in his last year, one is a rookie with a bright future. You can't really outright root for one over the other, but deep down inside you want the old vet to win one while he has a chance knowing the rookie has plenty of opportunities in the future.

Sorry in advance for offending most of you with my lack of true fan hood. Flame away.

I don't really have an issue with this at all. You are free to like whoever you would like. I think what rubs some Colts fans the wrong way are the people that go "I love the Colts they are my team I'll be here forever. Oh they might play Peyton? Go Broncos but yeah I am a Colts fan first!" I don't think most people really have issue with people who admit they are a Peyton fan going into it. It's the people who are Peyton fans that get offended by being called a Peyton fan that I think rub some Colts fans the wrong way. Personally I don't have an issue with people who are Peyton fans I get it for a lot of people he was the person who introduced a lot of people to football in Indianapolis. Frankly I don't think there is anything wrong with anyone being a Peyton fan. I'd just say know what you are and be proud of whatever you are. I also get and accept that there are people who like Peyton and the Colts. I happen to be one of those people but I also know when they two play I'll be in the Colts corner because I am a Colts fan first and foremost but that's just me I can understand not everyone is that way and there is nothing wrong with not being that way.

flames.jpg

My goodness, this is why I try to stay away from threads like these. Although I think the matchup would be awesome and hope Peyton would do well. I would be pulling for the Colts victory the whole way. Also, I bet it would be one of the quietest playoff games ever or pretty close to it.

Love the 'movie' distraction that brought this thread round. We can all be a bit silly at times. At least no one loses any teeth over an internet brawl.

Oh, did I tell you I met a Pats fan at Wembley last week, who was only wearing one shoe? I asked him, "lose a shoe pal?" He said, "no, I found one".

Over...

Was it an Ugg?

I Plead the 5th ;)

I'm kind of with gramz on this one. (You seem like an awesome person, btw.)

I have frequented these forums for probably 4 years now. I just have never posted much. I used to post alot but then the forums changed and I lost my old name or something. I just like I had to reply here.

This is random but I feel like Peyton has already played two superbowls this year. It was amazing to see what he did to the freaking Chargers and to the let's-pad-brees'-stats Saints.

I've watched every Colt's and Bronco's game this year. I love Peyton. I get that SAME FEELING from when he was in blue and white. I know the qb debates and stuff but come on... hands down, he's the best. And he's ours, still. I would celebrate a Peyton Manning Bronco superbowl as much as a Colt's one.

What I'm saying is I don't see how anyone can bash someone for cheering, even against our Colts, for Manning. I would cheer for the Colts in a playoff game against Manning but I would cry, smile, jump up and down either way it went.

Indianapolis is my home. I moved away for 7 years to Ohio to go be a father but I watched and listened to every Colt's game I possibly could. I moved back this Spring right after Peyton got cut.... I posted this back then but it was absolutely surreal to drive by Lucas Oil, which I drove in circles about ten times the 2nd day I was back. Just WOW... To see that thank you Peyton banner in person and not on espn. It hit me as bad as his good bye press conference.

I'm not calling it loyalty. Colts first, sure. But I would have the same effect either way, and just maybe moreso to Peyton. My son and I have been doing this since he was 2. I ask him who's the best qb. He yells Peyton Manning. Best football team? He yells the "football Indianapolis Colts". Now it's the same. I ask who the 2nd best qb is and he says, "Eli Manning. No, Andrew Luck then Eli." Lol

I just think sometimes it's more than football. Sorry for all the randomness. I can't stand fans who can't grasp why we got rid of Manning. Even if he beats the Colts 77-10 in the playoffs and wins the next two superbowls. Luck is something special and it made sense to move on. But what I can't stand more is how some Colt's fans, not all but some, have forgotten Manning and all the special things he did for us, city and team.

Any Denver fans here? Enjoy it now. You hit the freaking lottery. Not only with a qb but a heck of a person.

I'm kind of with gramz on this one. (You seem like an awesome person, btw.)

I have frequented these forums for probably 4 years now. I just have never posted much. I used to post alot but then the forums changed and I lost my old name or something. I just like I had to reply here.

Thank you, and Welcome aboard.