•  

Photo

Star Wars 7-9

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#81 Moose Of Woe

Moose Of Woe
  • 2078 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Can you picture the "Luke I am your father scene" under George Lucas's guidance & instruction?!!

http://25.media.tumb...pea8do1_500.gif

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#82 HOFClipboardHolder

HOFClipboardHolder
  • 365 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

Bogie,

That is pretty sad when you consider that actors & actresses back in the early 40's had more backbone to stand up to film studios & tell them to go fly a kite than they do in 2012 & beyond. Hollywood used to care about razor sharp scripts, plots, & a plausible storyline. Now, those items in film making seem to be extremely rare or at least not as rigorously sought after as they once were. Maybe that's the void that Robert Redford's "SunDance Film Festival" in Utah is designed to cure, offset, & alleviate. With so many corporate studio retreads on the horizon, I am starting to wonder if the gluttonous greed of mindless drivel will ever dissipate in Hollywood & she will return to real original creativity again. I have my reservations unfortunately.

Yes Bogie, you are exactly right. George Lucas is just like Senator/Chancellor Palpatine in Star Wars. Lucas has become a corporate overlord of greed, money, & merchandising drowning the public in an endless array of advanced addition DVDs, toys, and anything to make another million dollars off the trademark name Star Wars.

I always enjoy reading your posts Bogie because you are a provocative, enthralling, & insightful writer my friend. :thmup:

Even now you have actors that will only act in a film if a quality script is included. Off the top of my head there is Jesse Eisenberg, Dane DeHaan, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Daniel Day-Lewis, Ellen Page and Marc Webber. I hate it when people romanticize the past. You had attention seeking whores who only cared about being famous in the 40s as well as today. The only major difference between now and than is that technology has made it easier for the attention seeking whores to get discovered.

#83 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2544 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Posted Image

COLTSTRONG

#84 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

With JJ Abrams directing I feel like #7 is in good hands.

#85 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

If Abrams makes a mess they could just have a different director for every episode like the original trilogy.

#86 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

true

#87 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 14621 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

If they find a way to get Chris Nolan involved, I'll be officially excited about this.

LET'S HUNT

#88 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Even now you have actors that will only act in a film if a quality script is included. Off the top of my head there is Jesse Eisenberg, Dane DeHaan, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Daniel Day-Lewis, Ellen Page and Marc Webber. I hate it when people romanticize the past. You had attention seeking whores who only cared about being famous in the 40s as well as today. The only major difference between now and than is that technology has made it easier for the attention seeking whores to get discovered.

Have you seen "30 minutes or less"? Apparently Eisenberg only adopted this philosophy recently. :)

All actors prefer top scripts, but they also like to make a living. Of the people you listed (two of whom I'm never even heard of) I would guess that only Daniel Day-Lewis is in a position to be discriminating - and in ten years he may find himself in a different place. The names may change but the reality doesn't. I doubt that it was any different in the 40s, except that the studios exerted so much control that most actors just showed up where and when they were told to.

The problem with romanticizing the past is that we tend to remember only what we want to remember. Virtually every movie on Turner is of good quality, but that doesn't mean that every movie made back then was wonderful - just that they only broadcast the good stuff. However I warn you about having a tendency to dismiss the very human inclination to look fondly backwards. We ALL develop the tendency as we get older, and it's highly unlikely that you will be any different.

#89 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Have you seen "30 minutes or less"? Apparently Eisenberg only adopted this philosophy recently. :)

All actors prefer top scripts, but they also like to make a living. Of the people you listed (two of whom I'm never even heard of) I would guess that only Daniel Day-Lewis is in a position to be discriminating - and in ten years he may find himself in a different place. The names may change but the reality doesn't. I doubt that it was any different in the 40s, except that the studios exerted so much control that most actors just showed up where and when they were told to.

The problem with romanticizing the past is that we tend to remember only what we want to remember. Virtually every movie on Turner is of good quality, but that doesn't mean that every movie made back then was wonderful - just that they only broadcast the good stuff. However I warn you about having a tendency to dismiss the very human inclination to look fondly backwards. We ALL develop the tendency as we get older, and it's highly unlikely that you will be any different.

That's funny because I'll remember a song or a movie from when I was younger and think how awesome it was. Then I'll watch or listen to it now and wonder what was i thinking?!

#90 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1354 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'm over the whole star wars thing. Back in the 70's I thought it was cool, but now it's just the same old good vs. evil stuff with great special effects.

Meh.

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

#91 southwest1

southwest1
  • 12706 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

3567314_5da89795b8083a03de9b68dd27f45d58

This is so right on point HCF. Check out this comedy spoof making fun of the Walt Disney watering down of the Star Wars trilogy with the following movie tie ins: "UP," "Toy Story," "Alice In Wonderland," "Wally" & Mickey Mouse...

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#92 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Disney will release a new 'Star Wars' movie every year starting in 2015

Confirming a strategy of aggressive franchise expansion, Disney announced today at CinemaCon that they are planning to release a new Star Wars movie every year, starting with the J.J. Abrams-powered Episode VII in summer 2015. The plan is to release a standalone spinoff the following year — probably one of the projects focusing on Boba Fett or Young Han Solo — and alternate between numerals and spinoffs from there.

Assuming the films are successful, this means the total number of Star Wars films will nearly double by summer 2019. Presumably, Disney is hoping that each of the spinoffs will form their own franchises, much like X-Men and The Avengers.

Hmmmmm......

#93 southwest1

southwest1
  • 12706 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Disney will release a new 'Star Wars' movie every year starting in 2015
by Darren Franich

Confirming a strategy of aggressive franchise expansion, Disney announced today at CinemaCon that they are planning to release a new Star Wars movie every year, starting with the J.J. Abrams-powered Episode VII in summer 2015. The plan is to release a standalone spinoff the following year — probably one of the projects focusing on Boba Fett or Young Han Solo — and alternate between numerals and spinoffs from there.
Assuming the films are successful, this means the total number of Star Wars films will nearly double by summer 2019. Presumably, Disney is hoping that each of the spinoffs will form their own franchises, much like X-Men and The Avengers.

Hmmmmm......

I like the idea of a Boba Fett bounty hunter movie....Start it right after the son sees his father decapitated right in front of him....Ruthlessness is bred by fury, rage, & the need for vengeance...Don't make him a wussy please...Like film critic Roger Ebert taught me the best villains take pleasure in sadistic tendencies, being dominant & in complete control, & they feel empathy/sympathy for no one...That died the moment his father violently hit the ground...All the best villains have HUGE Daddy & intimacy issues...Plus, villains take overzealous glee in the Hades & anarchy they create & they see the world slightly askew & off balance with no sense of right or wrong. Money, power, influence, & instant gratification are all that matters.

You can do a fascinating case study of Boba Fett pre & post father decapitation, but as soon as he flips to the rage over his daddy's death there's no going back. Once Boba flips the switch to ruthlessness, it's for good there's zero remorse over it & a deliberate decision make with zero regrets at all. That's the mistake George Lucas made with Anakin Skywalker & his transformation into Darth Vader: internal struggles between good & evil. Once you cross over, there is no going back. Boba Fett must accept & fully embrace this reality completely with zero relapses...True evil is fascinating to watch especially with no moral compass to hold a bounty hunter in check. Money is your only allegiance...

Do what Stephen King always does in his novels...Start at his father's death, downshift into his happy childhood, bring the audience back to his dad's death, & then move forward...If you want you can incorporate a storyline with a girl Boba was infatuated with & she him, & how they meet up years later & she is shocked at the monster he has become while Boba Fett feels nothing...Nothing at all...
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#94 southwest1

southwest1
  • 12706 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

That's the mistake people make when writing dark characters: Giving them sympathy & making them tragic like fallen heroes from grace. With true evil, there is nothing to save. There never was compassion in the 1st place or a horrific event literally drove it out of them. In Forensics or theater, everybody wants to play Mr. Goody 2 Shoes. Not me, ruthlessness is so much more fun to do & it gives you an outlet to say things in a controlled environment that a person could never get away with in the real world & that atmosphere can be very liberating...I'm a very nice, kind, & forgiving person but there are times when I do embrace a darker side.

Heck, we are all capable of it. Most of us just know how to decompress & let go of our anger in a rational or constructive way: video games, gardening, going for a drive, go cart racing, walking a dog, boxing, chilling with little nieces or nephews, rock climbing, watching movies, or in my case playing percussion to blow off steam. [Sound proof the room your drum set is in BTW..HA! HA!]...

Playing sinister people always gets a bad rap for reason...But then again, I am left handed and that is considered "evil" in Latin so maybe that explains my appeal for the darkness as opposed to the light...Just Kidding!!!

#95 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

SW1, Vaders redemption was 1 of the best things about the 1st trilogy, I like the way it was done.

#96 southwest1

southwest1
  • 12706 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

SW1, Vaders redemption was 1 of the best things about the 1st trilogy, I like the way it was done.

I like you Joker & I respect your position here. Yes, I can appreciate that Anakin Skywalker was emotionally distraught over the separation & death of his mother. However, his love for power & the immediate gratification derived from it should have made the transfer to evil & the dark side complete with no regrets about the cross over & not made Anakin such a whiney villain IMO. Just my 2 cents.

I guess you could make the argument that losing his woman Padme messed him up, but her rejection of his new sinister path caused him to choke her & singe his body in volcanic lava & smoldering ash. That reality creates anger & rage not whimpering & crying like a baby in my book. The transformation from the good Anakin Skywalker into the evil Dark Vader was entirely directed poorly in my view. Internal struggles with your own identity is 1 thing; the cry baby fool that Vader is cast as from Star Wars to the Revenge of the Sith is not believable at all to me. George Lucas took a greek tragedy with the potential for greatness & destroyed it forever beyond recognition. Like Christopher Nolan did with Batman, a new director with vision needs to start the trilogy completely over with a reboot except for the "Empire Strikes Back."

#97 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

I like you Joker & I respect your position here. Yes, I can appreciate that Anakin Skywalker was emotionally distraught over the separation & death of his mother. However, his love for power & the immediate gratification derived from it should have made the transfer to evil & the dark side complete with no regrets about the cross over & not made Anakin such a whiney villain IMO. Just my 2 cents.

I guess you could make the argument that losing his woman Padme messed him up, but her rejection of his new sinister path caused him to choke her & singe his body in volcanic lava & smoldering ash. That reality creates anger & rage not whimpering & crying like a baby in my book. The transformation from the good Anakin Skywalker into the evil Dark Vader was entirely directed poorly in my view. Internal struggles with your own identity is 1 thing; the cry baby fool that Vader is cast as from Star Wars to the Revenge of the Sith is not believable at all to me. George Lucas took a greek tragedy with the potential for greatness & destroyed it forever beyond recognition. Like Christopher Nolan did with Batman, a new director with vision needs to start the trilogy completely over with a reboot except for the "Empire Strikes Back."

Just to be clear, I like Anakins redemption, not his fall. GL's biggest failure was how he made Him turn to the dark side. He made Anakin look like a immature, foolish, Jedi. A Jedi with no Jedi traits other than being a force user. I only liked that he slaughtered a village of sand people, didn't like how he turned years later.

I couldn't agree more with this post.

#98 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

I actually like Episode III. Is that bad? 

#99 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I actually like Episode III. Is that bad?

It's the best out of the 3 but its still a stinker with some good action scenes.

#100 corgi

corgi
  • 2410 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

It's the best out of the 3 but its still a stinker with some good action scenes.

If you took the best parts of the prequel trilogy, you could make a decent 90 minute film. I will always have the same giddiness when a new Star Wars film comes out that I had when I was a kid (watched them on VHS, lol I wasn't alive in 77).

#101 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

If you took the best parts of the prequel trilogy, you could make a decent 90 minute film. I will always have the same giddiness when a new Star Wars film comes out that I had when I was a kid (watched them on VHS, lol I wasn't alive in 77).

Yeah when that music hits I get goose bumps. I was five btw, lol.

#102 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1354 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

This is so right on point HCF. Check out this comedy spoof making fun of the Walt Disney watering down of the Star Wars trilogy with the following movie tie ins: "UP," "Toy Story," "Alice In Wonderland," "Wally" & Mickey Mouse...

Now that's something I can get behind. ;)

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

#103 southwest1

southwest1
  • 12706 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Now that's something I can get behind. ;)

haha  "Feel the power of the Force Princess Leia...Stretch out with your feelings...Let the power flow through you" Good advice Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Watch out for Leia's Cinnabons though. A very lethal weapon.  :funny:

princess-leia.jpg

#104 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Probably my first crush lol.

COLTS TICKETS!

3-Game Ticket Packages Available

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates