Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami (-2 1/2) at Indianapolis

oldunclemark

thats a wild stat 12 straight losses after playing Jets...

I like it...

In our defense, most of those games we had Sparano has our head coach.

Tannehill isnt very good..I hope he plays and not Moore....who could beat us

Tannehill is a rookie coming off an injury on the road...Please play him...

If you were looking at the the stat-line, then I think you would see Tannehill as an OK quarterback. However it's the gametape that doesn't lie, not the numbers.

To be honest, I was goin through the stats for all of the 'Phins games this season and nothing really impressed me...Tannehill isnt much of a gun slinger...Moore either....the passing stats dont jump out at you....rushing either....they've done enough basically because thats all they have....

Rushing Defense is their strength but the only squad theyve faced with a decent rushing offense is Houston..and they ran okay....enough for to Foster TD's and over 100 yards btwn him and Tate....the other teams they've played are...NYJ twice, St Louis, Cincinnati and Arizona...not super impressive....I think we are evenly matched....

Once again, the gametape doesn't lie. Miami hung in with the Texans in that game for 55 minutes. They had a huge meltdown in the 2nd quarter with about 7 minutes left that resulted in 24 points for Houston (2 picks and 1 fumble that lead to touchdowns). Tannehill seemed to learn a lot from that game considering he threw 3 interceptions in his first game. How many interceptions in his past 6 games? 3 interceptions.

I do think we're evenly matched but you guys are underestimating our strengths. Our defensive line is top 5 in the NFL and our quarterback (Tannehill) has been running our offense like a 5 year veteran.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In our defense, most of those games we had Sparano has our head coach.

If you were looking at the the stat-line, then I think you would see Tannehill as an OK quarterback. However it's the gametape that doesn't lie, not the numbers.

Once again, the gametape doesn't lie. Miami hung in with the Texans in that game for 55 minutes. They had a huge meltdown in the 2nd quarter with about 7 minutes left that resulted in 24 points for Houston (2 picks and 1 fumble that lead to touchdowns). Tannehill seemed to learn a lot from that game considering he threw 3 interceptions in his first game. How many interceptions in his past 6 games? 3 interceptions.

I do think we're evenly matched but you guys are underestimating our strengths. Our defensive line is top 5 in the NFL and our quarterback (Tannehill) has been running our offense like a 5 year veteran.

Define evenly matched. Miami is one of the more physical teams in the league in all three phases. IF and only IF they don't turn the ball over, they usually win. While I do think the D-Line is top 5 it's kind of overrated because after Wake, Starks, and Soliai there's no one else. Odrick is playing out of position at DE when he's a monster at DT smh! Would love to see Vernon sack Luck a couple of times. :goodluck:

As I've stated Tannehill won't have to do much this game as it will be primarily a run dominated offense for the Dolphins. Tannehill will have to throw sure but I don't see the Colts doing much to stop the run. I could be wrong but Tannehill is highly underated so in saying that...Please continue to think that he isn't that great or can make teams pay for underestimating him...lol

If we stop bush we win for it makes them one dimensional and then we let out freeney and mathis against an injured tannehill

If we stop bush we win for it makes them one dimensional and then we let out freeney and mathis against an injured tannehill

Not quite. Bush has had less than 70 yards and only 1 TD in the last 3 games which have been wins for Miami. The Dolphins usually try to keep games close because they don't have the talent right now to run up the score. If you guys turn the ball over more than once, this game could go into the 25=30 point range for Miami. Not too worried about a not-100% Freeney against Long, Fasano will help Martin with Mathis which leaves your DTs against Pouncey(good luck lol), Incognito, and Jerry. Your best bet would be for Tannehill to start, but if Moore starts I pray for your secondary.

Define evenly matched. Miami is one of the more physical teams in the league in all three phases. IF and only IF they don't turn the ball over, they usually win. While I do think the D-Line is top 5 it's kind of overrated because after Wake, Starks, and Soliai there's no one else. Odrick is playing out of position at DE when he's a monster at DT smh! Would love to see Vernon sack Luck a couple of times. :goodluck:

Guess what... he won't be chasing Bradford.... or KOLB, ... or Sanchise... or ..Palmer......

hehe... He will be chasing ANDREW LUCK. ... and he has wheels....

oh.. another tid bit....... Per ESPN.com.

Indy D 11 Miami 16 in total D...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

OK>>>>>

Not quite. Bush has had less than 70 yards and only 1 TD in the last 3 games which have been wins for Miami. The Dolphins usually try to keep games close because they don't have the talent right now to run up the score. If you guys turn the ball over more than once, this game could go into the 25=30 point range for Miami. Not too worried about a not-100% Freeney against Long, Fasano will help Martin with Mathis which leaves your DTs against Pouncey(good luck lol), Incognito, and Jerry. Your best bet would be for Tannehill to start, but if Moore starts I pray for your secondary.

I keep hearing about turnovers... this is true info...

IF.... IF... Miami gets TO's they will probably win. IF ... they don't Indy may just blow the Phins out of the water.

Tick tock... tick tock.... Game time is getting close....

I keep hearing about turnovers... this is true info...

IF.... IF... Miami gets TO's they will probably win. IF ... they don't Indy may just blow the Phins out of the water.

Tick tock... tick tock.... Game time is getting close....

Which team has Indy blew out of the water this year? Don't even have to look at the schedule to know they haven't beaten a team by 10+. And no disrespect, but Miami only gets blown out by the Patriots(which I'm not too proud to say). IF Miami doesn't get TO's it'll be either a close loss or close win or could be a blowout.

Patriots... what dimension are you playing in... ehhehe..

Hou took you to the woodshed... and you smack Oakland and the Jets around and now it's Patriot time?

You'll get your chance.... first take out the lowly Colts...

I never said anything about "Patriot time"??

I said the Patriots are the only team, historically and recently, that can blow out the Dolphins. Houston took us to the woodshed because of something I've already mentioned, turnovers. The Dolphins turned the ball over 4 consecutive times( 2 tipped passes for INT, bad throw by Tannehill, RB fumble) in Houston's territory which lead to 21 points in 2 MINUTES. The Dolphins were leading 3-0 for most of the half and Houston fans were booing their own team because the Texans couldn't do anything.

DT's against Pouncey? If 2 on 1 is what you were trying to say, then good luck to you. He's good but not THAT good. :)

Just saw you put Incognito and Jerry after Pouncey lol.. how silly of me.. just read and stopped where it said Pouncey..

Edited by Captain Americolt

Which team has Indy blew out of the water this year? Don't even have to look at the schedule to know they haven't beaten a team by 10+. And no disrespect, but Miami only gets blown out by the Patriots(which I'm not too proud to say). IF Miami doesn't get TO's it'll be either a close loss or close win or could be a blowout.

Exactly. We're like -10 in TO differential and we STILL manage to win games. IF we had a positive TO differential some games wouldn't of been close. We have a TO free game and chances are good we win. But thats a big IF... we're still young and we make mistakes. Not to mention our D kinda sucks.

Exactly. We're like -10 in TO differential and we STILL manage to win games. IF we had a positive TO differential some games wouldn't of been close. We have a TO free game and chances are good we win. But thats a big IF... we're still young and we make mistakes. Not to mention our D kinda sucks.

SOLID>>>>>>>>>............ Thumbs Up....

This Colt D is rated higher than Miami in total D.........

Indy 11 phins 16 TOTAL D.

Imagine that..... they are so much more powerful than Indy,....

DT's against Pouncey? If 2 on 1 is what you were trying to say, then good luck to you. He's good but not THAT good. :)

Just saw you put Incognito and Jerry after Pouncey lol.. how silly of me.. just read and stopped where it said Pouncey..

No homer, but Pouncey is definitely the best center in the league right now. Ask anyone around and they'll tell you the same. Funny because people said that he was living off of his brother's name while making the making the Pro Bowl last year as a rookie. Now he's better than his brother.

This Colt D is rated higher than Miami in total D.........

Indy 11 phins 16 TOTAL D.

Imagine that..... they are so much more powerful than Indy,....

Well thats just total yards allowed. Which really doesn't mean much considering teams don't have to travel far to score since we turn the ball over quite a bit. That stat doesn't take TDs and total points allowed, which are far more important stats.

If you watch both teams you would know which one has the better defense.......sad but true..

Well thats just total yards allowed. Which really doesn't mean much considering teams don't have to travel far to score since we turn the ball over quite a bit. That stat doesn't take TDs and total points allowed, which are far more important stats.

If you watch both teams you would know which one has the better defense.......sad but true..

Would U be surprised to learn that Miami has the least players lost to injury in the NFL?

True...... imagine that...

If Indy gets healthy.... on D look out..

No homer, but Pouncey is definitely the best center in the league right now. Ask anyone around and they'll tell you the same. Funny because people said that he was living off of his brother's name while making the making the Pro Bowl last year as a rookie. Now he's better than his brother.

No SAMSON SATELE is the best center!!!!!!

all kidding aside, Pouncey is pretty darn good. We'll just have to see how well your tackles do with Freeney and Mathis coming off the edge. and BTW, if Freeney isn't 100%, he's pretty close to it. He's practiced and played the last 2 games with no setbacks. It's not like he's going to be limping around out there.

Reallly... Ok Ask Aaron Rodgers... who is .....

I guess that is why WE Play the game..

right?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Doesn't matter where your total D is as points allowed is far more important. A team could have a top total 5 D but could give up the 5th most points. The Lions for example are rated 10th in total D but have given up the 21st most points.

right?

Lets ask.

2010 Aaron Rodgers 18/33 313 yards 1 TD 1 INT and a loss in OT against the Dolphins

2012 20/32 235 3 TDs 1 INT and a loss against the Colts. And the winners are both teams.

Rodgers still had a decent game with 3 TDs and had the game wrapped up before Luck and Co. drove down the field.

right?

I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to say. Not trying to be rude.

you think our D is better than Miami's because we contained Rodgers in the 2nd half and held them to 6 points in the 2nd half of that game? Or am I off? I'll agree if our D played like they did in the 2nd half of the Packers game consistently, our D would be far better than Miami's.

I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to say. Not trying to be rude.

you think our D is better than Miami's because we contained Rodgers in the 2nd half and held them to 6 points in the 2nd half of that game? Or am I off? I'll agree if our D played like they did in the 2nd half of the Packers game consistently, our D would be far better than Miami's.

Who are you wanting to win? I'm the biggest hommer in the state of IN.

But,.... whatever, all I can do is provide info..

I really don't care who likes me or who hates me..

The Colts will wake up 5-3 Monday..

The hard core, broken down gamblers say Miami nips us...

That's probably cause they beat the Jets like a dusty rug...

I would not go against the Colts at home right now.........we should be all fired up Sunday..

I think we are 4-3 against the spread....I'd stya with the Colts

Yup, I agree they are hot at home and won't lose!!