Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami (-2 1/2) at Indianapolis

oldunclemark

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Phinns are strong where we are weak, the trenches. Their DL has been putting a lot of pressure on qb's and their OL has been openning holes for their rb's. And they surprisingly have got good qb play this year.

Question: Tannehill is banged up a bit and I don't know if he will play. Who would we rather face, Tannehill or M.Moore? Talented rookie or experianced backup?

This

The line has NOTHING to do with what the "wise guys" think. The line is adjusted to who the Book thinks the masses money will favor.

National media and all the talking heads are all over Miami right now because they beat the Jets.

Wise guys love home teams getting points... Don't be surprised to see this line INCREASE...

And the smart money going on Indy.

I like the Colts here.... I'd like em a lot more if the D would just get it's best players on the field. BIG GAME.

You mean "decrease"... right ? If he smart money goes on Indy the line will go down not up. Pinnacle has -1 with the better having to lay a little extra juice if they bet Miami. They are the premier line for NFL games as they adjust the lines quickly to where the early money goes.

You mean "decrease"... right ? If he smart money goes on Indy the line will go down not up. Pinnacle has -1 with the better having to lay a little extra juice if they bet Miami. They are the premier line for NFL games as they adjust the lines quickly to where the early money goes.

yes. late.... game day.

Man can you imagine seeing the NFL Gameday highlights with the colts-dolphins score and then seeing a 5-3 next to our name!?!?! I think we should be well prepared for the Dolphins. There offense is built similarly to the Titans, Game managing passing game with a good running game. I think we can handle Reggie Bush because he is also very similar to Chris Johnson in the way he runs. Matt Hasselback scares me more than Moore or Tannehill just because of his receiving core. Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, and Jared Cook is a pretty strong group where the Dolphins have who? Brian Hartline? The dolphins have a stout D though but I believe we will be able to throw on them well. Our o-line should perform better due to them having the same group going on four weeks straight. We will have virtually no running game barring a miracle though.

anyways GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

look at the Phins schedule...

The QB's they have played

Schaub

Sanchize 2X

Kolb

Palmer

Dalton

and Bradford...

There D is looking good against some bad teams...

Lets get it on...

Other then the Raiders, I dont see any horrible teams here. The closest would be the Jets, but they made us look like a horrible team.

Other then the Raiders, I dont see any horrible teams here. The closest would be the Jets, but they made us look like a horrible team.

Yeah but it's divisional. Those can be toss ups. Look at Pats/Jets too. No doubt in my mind NE is better then the Jets.

Colts laid a Hurricane Sandy sized egg against the Jets after an emotional comeback win vs. the Packers. I was not stunned really.

The 'Phinns are strong where we are weak, the trenches. Their DL has been putting a lot of pressure on qb's and their OL has been openning holes for their rb's. And they surprisingly have got good qb play this year.

Question: Tannehill is banged up a bit and I don't know if he will play. Who would we rather face, Tannehill or M.Moore? Talented rookie or experianced backup?

True but this is a lot of the same stuff we heard before the Vikes game. They were going to win the battle of the trenches and run us out of the stadium.

It should be a good game.

The line has NOTHING to do with what the "wise guys" think. The line is adjusted to who the Book thinks the masses money will favor.

National media and all the talking heads are all over Miami right now because they beat the Jets.

Wise guys love home teams getting points... Don't be surprised to see this line INCREASE...

And the smart money going on Indy.

I like the Colts here.... I'd like em a lot more if the D would just get it's best players on the field. BIG GAME.

Dont kid yourself....The Line is what the 'wise guys' (the bookies) think the outcome will be...

That's where its set..That's why its set .....and they are right more often than not.

The line MOVES depending on the betting action... but when the guys smokin' the old stogies :bossy: set the line for Miami giving points..they most certainly DO mean they think Miami will win. They dont give money away.

But the Colts are going to win. Forget the points. The Colts are much more confident at home... they more of a home bump than most teams..

.....and they will be backed by an increasingly intense home crowd as the season goes on..

people feel the dolphins will beat us because they blew out the jets who blew out us, but it doesn't work that way. The colts had plenty of missed opportunities in the jets game. Plus the jets pass defense is better than the dolphins pass defense. I say luck makes it a good game because he always plays good at home.

We will be at home, and Miami's already lacking offense will continue. We will play 12 men on defense and the building will be silent on offense. Our team will feel comfortable, hungry, hot off a road win, and ready to prove something. I am hopeful for a win, and feel we have the momentum to do so. I think we can all agree to the significance of this game on the Colts season(at least as things stand today). I am looking for us to play big, and continue to grow our team. Gonna be a great game Sunday and I hope we kick the snot outta the wet mammals! LOL

Dont kid yourself....The Line is what the 'wise guys' (the bookies) think the outcome will be...

That's where its set..That's why its set .....and they are right more often than not.

The line MOVES depending on the betting action... but when the guys smokin' the old stogies :bossy: set the line for Miami giving points..they most certainly DO mean they think Miami will win. They dont give money away.

ironically, those guys don't understand luck :cool:

Miami will win Sunday. There's a lot of wishful thinking going on these forums about what's going to happen but I think to say that this is going to be a blow out by the Colts is not only a far fetched idea but one that should be given a straight-jacket upon even thinking it.

Tannehill is practicing and is looking good according to the Phin forums I frequently check out. Sources say that something dramatic would have to happen for him not to play. I look for Bush to have a big game this week, close to if not over 100 yards.

Colts are good at home but as it was pointed out, the Dolphins are good where the Colts are not. This game for Tannehill should be one where all he has to do is play smart and conservative and let the run game do 90% of the work. He's got one of the best QB ratings against the blitz so far this year. Tannehill is just as capable at giving his team the chance to win as Luck is.

Miami will win Sunday. There's a lot of wishful thinking going on these forums about what's going to happen but I think to say that this is going to be a blow out by the Colts is not only a far fetched idea but one that should be given a straight-jacket upon even thinking it.

Tannehill is practicing and is looking good according to the Phin forums I frequently check out. Soures say that something dramatic would have to happen for him not to play. I look for Bush to have a big game this week, close to if not over 100 yards.

Colts are good at home but as it was pointed out, the Dolphins are good where the Colts are not. This game for Tannehill should be one where all he has to do is play smart and conservative and let the run game do 90% of the work. He's got one of the best QB ratings against the blitz so far this year. Tannehill is just as capable at giving his team the chance to win as Luck is.

Tannehill isnt very good..I hope he plays and not Moore....who could beat us

That vs the blitz is a cloudy stat because its hard to define what a blitz is...

When Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis rush now are they blitzing? They're linebackers. Hand on the ground. Maybe. See.

Tannehill is a rookie coming off an injury on the road...Please play him...

As I've stated Tannehill won't have to do much this game as it will be primarily a run dominated offense for the Dolphins. Tannehill will have to throw sure but I don't see the Colts doing much to stop the run. I could be wrong but Tannehill is highly underated so in saying that...Please continue to think that he isn't that great or can make teams pay for underestimating him...lol

As I've stated Tannehill won't have to do much this game as it will be primarily a run dominated offense for the Dolphins. Tannehill will have to throw sure but I don't see the Colts doing much to stop the run. I could be wrong but Tannehill is highly underated so in saying that...Please continue to think that he isn't that great or can make teams pay for underestimating him...lol

I agree. Tannehill isn't going to throw all over you but will do enough for his team to win and that's with an above average receiving corp. He'll probably have 20/31 240 yards and 1 TD.

Tannehill isnt very good..I hope he plays and not Moore....who could beat us

That vs the blitz is a cloudy stat because its hard to define what a blitz is...

When Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis rush now are they blitzing? They're linebackers. Hand on the ground. Maybe. See.

Tannehill is a rookie coming off an injury on the road...Please play him...

A blitz is at least 5 rushers coming for the QB. Was 11-13 for 105 yards and 2 TDs in his last game against the Rams against the "blitz". If Moore plays then I feel more confident in the Dolphins winning as he is more agressive than Tannehill and isn't afraid to throw it anywhere unlike Tannehill. Tannehill will give you 1 TD and maybe a second, Moore will give you 2 TDs and possibly a 3rd. There is also a negative as Moore is less mobile than Tannehill and will take sacks.

To be honest, I was goin through the stats for all of the 'Phins games this season and nothing really impressed me...Tannehill isnt much of a gun slinger...Moore either....the passing stats dont jump out at you....rushing either....they've done enough basically because thats all they have....

Rushing Defense is their strength but the only squad theyve faced with a decent rushing offense is Houston..and they ran okay....enough for to Foster TD's and over 100 yards btwn him and Tate....the other teams they've played are...NYJ twice, St Louis, Cincinnati and Arizona...not super impressive....I think we are evenly matched....

If Miami can make Indy one dimensional which they have done to every team we've played outside of Houston, then they will have a good chance to win. They are very hard to run against although i do see Indy having a little success early because of the home field factor but once they settle in i think Miami's front 7 will be too much for Indy to handle. If this game was in Miami I think Miami would win big. Indy always plays well at home though

It's an interesting season for both of our teams, heading into weak 8, both the Colts and Miami are in the thick of things in the AFC and this is an important game, potentially making/breaking one of our teams. All off-season both teams were labelled as rebuilding and two of the worst in the league. That is why the games are played. On paper, Miami does match up favorably against the Colts. If this game was on the road, I would completely understand the Dolphins being favored. But the Colts play tough at home and have been working hard on their weaknesses with the o-line, running game and defense. The last two games they have shown alot of improvement in all of those areas. If the Colts can slow down Miami's run game, and get their offense rolling I don't see how they lose, the same goes vice versa.

Well guess what... I expected money to go heavy on Miami early... but NO>>> INDY is getting love from the masses early. It is now sitting at Miami -2

I am a little surprised by this the way Miami was getting pumped up early in the week.. but, I guess when the talking heads decide to actually do some homework they see that the Phins have not played a tough schedule.

This is such a huge game for both teams ....

Indy will take this won

Tannehill is practicing and is looking good according to the Phin forums I frequently check out. Sources say that something dramatic would have to happen for him not to play. I look for Bush to have a big game this week, close to if not over 100 yards.

Would Tannyhill getting his knee drained today twice and being called 50-50 (roto news) qualify as being dramatic enough to put his availability in question ?

Would Tannyhill getting his knee drained today twice and being called 50-50 (roto news) qualify as being dramatic enough to put his availability in question ?

Pleas enote that I said this before word was released but yes it would lol. Either way, Moore or Tannehill, I don't really see it changing things up a whole lot...

luck is being asked to do much more then tannehill. the colts are winning games because of luck, 3 game winning drives and he's doing it for the most part without a running game and a bad offensive line. the dolphins are winning because of reggie bush,great offensive line and the defense.

luck is being asked to do much more then tannehill. the colts are winning games because of luck, 3 game winning drives and he's doing it for the most part without a running game and a bad offensive line. the dolphins are winning because of reggie bush,great offensive line and the defense.

I agree. There's no comparrision despite my fanship towards the Phins it's not hard to see that Luck is the better and more superior QB. I was actually hoping the Phins to snag him but if they couldn't I wanted the Colts to do so. Miami has always been a team who just needs a solid QB who won't cost you the game. Tannehill fits the role pretty good so far and time will tell. Miami taking Tannehill was a risk I mean the guy had hardly any mainstream experience at QB and actually spent most of his football career at WR. Luck is the superior QB and exactly what the Colts needed, no question..

I agree. Tannehill isn't going to throw all over you but will do enough for his team to win and that's with an above average receiving corp. He'll probably have 20/31 240 yards and 1 TD.

A blitz is at least 5 rushers coming for the QB. Was 11-13 for 105 yards and 2 TDs in his last game against the Rams against the "blitz". If Moore plays then I feel more confident in the Dolphins winning as he is more agressive than Tannehill and isn't afraid to throw it anywhere unlike Tannehill. Tannehill will give you 1 TD and maybe a second, Moore will give you 2 TDs and possibly a 3rd. There is also a negative as Moore is less mobile than Tannehill and will take sacks.

That's a generic view of a Blitz...(because an LB can spy and delay blitz the QB) but lets use it...

That means the Colts wont blitz much because they often use just a 3-man line and Freeney. or 2 tackles plus LBs Freeney and Mathis.

I dodnt have the 'official blitz stats' but the Colts are not a blitzing team again this year.....they think the old ends can get you.

Manhy times..the old ends have been too old so far...

You obviously know more about Tannehill's college history than I do..but in the pros, he's just a rookie going against a fast, pass rush oriented defense indoors on a fast track.....He'll take his lumps

I'd bet that if Miami comes in and wins decisively as some visitors are suggesting here..Moore will be the QB...who'll get it done

Stats aside, we need to remember that they are an extremely young team, with new personnel and management, with a rookie QB, (albeit a very good young QB), rookie TE's and receivers (save Wayne and Avery), and a new defensive scheme. What they have accomplished so far is awesome, but they can't rest on their laurels. They, (and we), need to keep our collective heads together, and stay focused on one game at a time. I really hope they can win Sunday, but don't be surprised, shocked, or thinking its the end of the world if they happen to lose this weekend.

Its great to think about possible playoffs, and winning 10+ games....but we have to realize, where this team was, and what this team has done so far, with all the adversity.(and it's amazing!) I don't have any expectations about any game this year. Any wins, past the 4 we have so far, are icing on the cake. Not many people picked us to be where we are at, but we can't let it get to our heads..Here's hoping that they play well, stay healthy, and give us the kind of Colts football we have all come to know and love. If the Colts can do that, the wins will come...

Now, having said that, I think its going to be a very tough game for both teams. Its going to come down to which rookie QB makes the fewest mistakes...I'm not making a prediction, because every time I do, it turns around and bites me...

Hoping for a great Colts victory...

But the Colts are going to win. Forget the points. The Colts are much more confident at home... they more of a home bump than most teams..

.....and they will be backed by an increasingly intense home crowd as the season goes on..

Here is some insight into how "they" think... the line is set where "they" think the public dough will go... then "they" bet accordingly... whichever way the needle shifts... It's got a lot more to do with numbers, tendencies, and statistics than is does simply "who THEY think will win."

Listen to RG's analysis of the Indy MiamI game.. great stuff for us degenerates... .

Well me anyway..

RJ BELL.... the Greg Cosell interview talks RG3 and Luck also... Great stuff........

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8583533

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8583188