•  

Photo

Miami (-2 1/2) at Indianapolis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
118 replies to this topic

#1 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 12947 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

The hard core, broken down gamblers say Miami nips us...

That's probably cause they beat the Jets like a dusty rug...

I would not go against the Colts at home right now.........we should be all fired up Sunday..

I think we are 4-3 against the spread....I'd stya with the Colts

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 corgi

corgi
  • 2386 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Gonna be a good one Sunday. I hope we come out with another W.

"A man’s character is not judged after he celebrates a victory, but by what he does when his back is against the wall. So no matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up.

You never give up, you pick yourself up, you brush yourself off, you push forward, you move on, you adapt, you overcome, that is what I believe!"

#3 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5326 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

the game is a sellout also

#4 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3467 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

My fingers are going to be chewed down to the nub on this one!

#5 LJpalmbeacher

LJpalmbeacher
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

The 'Phinns are strong where we are weak, the trenches. Their DL has been putting a lot of pressure on qb's and their OL has been openning holes for their rb's. And they surprisingly have got good qb play this year.

Question: Tannehill is banged up a bit and I don't know if he will play. Who would we rather face, Tannehill or M.Moore? Talented rookie or experianced backup?

#6 bobourret

bobourret
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

I would take that bet

#7 suncolt18

suncolt18
  • Rookie
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi there! I am flying from southern California to see the Colts play in Indy for the first time! Been a fan since the 95 season and this has been a long time comin!

Any suggestions on sites to see, places to eat and/or tailgate?

Thank you!!

#8 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6292 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

The 'Phinns are strong where we are weak, the trenches. Their DL has been putting a lot of pressure on qb's and their OL has been openning holes for their rb's. And they surprisingly have got good qb play this year.

Question: Tannehill is banged up a bit and I don't know if he will play. Who would we rather face, Tannehill or M.Moore? Talented rookie or experianced backup?

I'm not sure it matters who plays QB for them, but personally I'd rather see Moore. Tannehill has a better arm. Right now I have more faith in our offense than our D.

It's funny, Miami looked like a train wreck on Hard Knocks. Now they look like a good team.

#9 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5814 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

My fingers are going to be chewed down to the nub on this one!

you might want to invest in some protective thimbles

Posted Image

#10 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6292 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

you might want to invest in some protective thimbles

Posted Image

Creepiest thing I've seen all week. And I work with a lot of creepy people.

#11 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

this is a must win game if we want to stay in the playoff picture.. would love to put this game to bed early so we can strike some fear in some other teams around the league.
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#12 alexpr

alexpr
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Colt 21 Miami 17

#13 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6292 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

this is a must win game if we want to stay in the playoff picture.. would love to put this game to bed early so we can strike some fear in some other teams around the league.

What fun would that be? Don't you want it to come down to the last drive?

(Yeah, I'm nostalgic for the days when we'd build up a big lead then let the dogs loose on D. They'll be back eventually.)

#14 Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter
  • 1904 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hi there! I am flying from southern California to see the Colts play in Indy for the first time! Been a fan since the 95 season and this has been a long time comin!

Thank you!!

Eats...
Bazbeauxs has good pizza
Yats has some awesome & cheap cajun food
if you got deeper pockets, St. Elmos is a good steakhouse...
Slippery Noodle is good for live blues & adult beverages...
those are the places I go when I visit family in Indy for a game...

#15 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

We are due for an old school 30+ point outburst.....

#16 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 13077 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

What? This is surprising to me. The Dolphins are 5.5 points better than us? And Tannehill might not play? Okay...
LET'S HUNT

#17 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

What fun would that be? Don't you want it to come down to the last drive?

(Yeah, I'm nostalgic for the days when we'd build up a big lead then let the dogs loose on D. They'll be back eventually.)

don't get me wrong i like seeing our team have ice in the veins however i think the fins could be a statement game.. either way i will watch the whole game till the last whistle blows
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#18 miamiJon

miamiJon
  • Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

What? This is surprising to me. The Dolphins are 5.5 points better than us? And Tannehill might not play? Okay...

Uh yeah they are that much better than the Colts regardless of who plays quarterback for Miami. Miami is a complete team outside of our kicker. If we had a kicker we would be 6-1 right now! More bad news for the colts, even the kicker is better he hasn't missed in 3 weeks. Miami 38 Indy 16 Write it down and scratch it out in blood this one will be easier than the Jets game

#19 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

It wouldn't shock me that they give the offense a boost with Moore playing. He did well in Tannehill's absence.

2013 AFC South Champs

#20 corgi

corgi
  • 2386 posts

Uh yeah they are that much better than the Colts regardless of who plays quarterback for Miami. Miami is a complete team outside of our kicker. If we had a kicker we would be 6-1 right now! More bad news for the colts, even the kicker is better he hasn't missed in 3 weeks. Miami 38 Indy 16 Write it down and scratch it out in blood this one will be easier than the Jets game

Lay off the Kool-Aid sir. The WR's and two QB's are the just a few reasons why Miami isn't a complete team. I know you guys beat the Jets and all but you are severely underrating Indy, and overrating Miami.

"A man’s character is not judged after he celebrates a victory, but by what he does when his back is against the wall. So no matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up.

You never give up, you pick yourself up, you brush yourself off, you push forward, you move on, you adapt, you overcome, that is what I believe!"

#21 miamiJon

miamiJon
  • Banned
  • 18 posts

The Dolphins will OWN the colts come Sunday. Indy has a good team but they are not going to beat Miami. It won't matter if Tannehill plays or not Miami's D is just too stout for Indy. Your O Line is VERY suspect and out D line is VERY good. Long day for the #1 pick but i do like your future. You guys have a good thing going there and good luck to you after this week!

#22 miamiJon

miamiJon
  • Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Lay off the Kool-Aid sir. The WR's and two QB's are the just a few reasons why Miami isn't a complete team. I know you guys beat the Jets and all but you are severely underrating Indy, and overrating Miami.

Put down the crack pipe bro the only reason we aren't 6-1 is our kicker missed 2 game winning field goals. However he hasn't missed since then another bad omen for you. How are you going to block our front 7 with that weak O line you have?

#23 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5814 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

*** runs off to troll dolphins forum ***

#24 corgi

corgi
  • 2386 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

‘Wow, without these plays we could be undefeated.’ Every team can say that. But we’re not, and there’s a reason why. It’s not like we’ve played great football over these last eight weeks. There is a lot of improvement we need to make. There is a lot of things we can do better. We need to get some guys healthy. We have to get everybody moving forward and make a big push here in the second half because this is where the best teams really start to show themselves.” -Tom Brady, His team is first in the AFC East, and even he is a realist.

Put down the crack pipe bro the only reason we aren't 6-1 is our kicker missed 2 game winning field goals. However he hasn't missed since then another bad omen for you. How are you going to block our front 7 with that weak O line you have?

A. You are on a Colts forum, so please use some respect and class.

B. If We are scoring TD's I'm not going to be overly concerned with Miami's field goal kicker and his miraculous 3 game turnaround.

C. The Colts are much better than you are giving them credit for. Miami is good, bu there is a reason they are 4-3, if they were as great as you are saying the game wouldn't have come down to a field goal.

#25 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5814 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

we're just going to continue passing around the crack pipe. none for dolphin fans though :cool:

#26 miamiJon

miamiJon
  • Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

‘Wow, without these plays we could be undefeated.’ Every team can say that. But we’re not, and there’s a reason why. It’s not like we’ve played great football over these last eight weeks. There is a lot of improvement we need to make. There is a lot of things we can do better. We need to get some guys healthy. We have to get everybody moving forward and make a big push here in the second half because this is where the best teams really start to show themselves.” -Tom Brady, His team is first in the AFC East, and even he is a realist.

A. You are on a Colts forum, so please use some respect and class.

B. If We are scoring TD's I'm not going to be overly concerned with Miami's field goal kicker and his miraculous 3 game turnaround.

C. The Colts are much better than you are giving them credit for. Miami is good, bu there is a reason they are 4-3, if they were as great as you are saying the game wouldn't have come down to a field goal.

Come on guys can't you take a little ribbing? lol Its always good to get your blood pumping on Tuesday! Miami and Indy are two of the teams on the rise and i think you guys have a very good team just giving you a hard time is all. The fans there will be crazy on Sunday and i look for a good game between two up and coming teams. How is Vontae Davis's knee? That could go a long way in deciding the outcome if he can't play as i think there is a big drop off behind him. Any updates? Will know more about Tannehill tomorrow but everything so far is pointing for him to start

#27 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5326 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Colts games are selling out quick now. I guess the fair weather fans are back lol

#28 corgi

corgi
  • 2386 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Come on guys can't you take a little ribbing? lol Its always good to get your blood pumping on Tuesday! Miami and Indy are two of the teams on the rise and i think you guys have a very good team just giving you a hard time is all. The fans there will be crazy on Sunday and i look for a good game between two up and coming teams. How is Vontae Davis's knee? That could go a long way in deciding the outcome if he can't play as i think there is a big drop off behind him. Any updates? Will know more about Tannehill tomorrow but everything so far is pointing for him to start

I think he's out at least 2 weeks. Mathis should be back, Vaughn should play in place of Davis, he did well against Green Bay.

#29 miamiJon

miamiJon
  • Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

I think he's out at least 2 weeks. Mathis should be back, Vaughn should play in place of Davis, he did well against Green Bay.

If Miami can make Indy one dimensional which they have done to every team we've played outside of Houston, then they will have a good chance to win. They are very hard to run against although i do see Indy having a little success early because of the home field factor but once they settle in i think Miami's front 7 will be too much for Indy to handle. If this game was in Miami I think Miami would win big. Indy always plays well at home though

#30 corgi

corgi
  • 2386 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

If Miami can make Indy one dimensional which they have done to every team we've played outside of Houston, then they will have a good chance to win. They are very hard to run against although i do see Indy having a little success early because of the home field factor but once they settle in i think Miami's front 7 will be too much for Indy to handle. If this game was in Miami I think Miami would win big. Indy always plays well at home though

That's the key, Indy can't get frustrated and abandon the run. Defense needs to step up, our offense can't do it by themselves all the time.

#31 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

And the only reason we aren't 5-2 is because of one blown coverage. U still lost those two games. We still lost our one. No almost wins in the nfl. Sorry.

#32 fatboy

fatboy
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

we're just going to continue passing around the crack pipe. none for dolphin fans though :cool:

Love it! Also love The Dead, Mr. Used to be the heart of town...

#33 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4140 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Colts games are selling out quick now. I guess the fair weather fans are back lol

Or maybe the fairweather posters, who think we have fairweather fans, but don't really?

Well, I knew what I meant!
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#34 Slash777

Slash777
  • 1403 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

MiamiJon, welcome to the board. Now let the games begin.

You're bragging about your defense while not mentioning that your offense is at the bottom of the league. Advancednflstats.com has the Miami offense ranked number 29 out of 32. We average more passing yards than the Dolphins and have a higher rushing average than the Dolphins. So in essence, this game will be a matchup of a good offense (Colts) vs a good defense (Dolphins). It doesn't appear that it will be a blow out on either side.

#35 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2149 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Well I hear this Tannehill character is the real deal. Hopefully he is just the "spray-on" version of a tan. Or is he the real deal tan that you get down in Miami and come home and impress all your friends. If he is the "spray-on" tan, he will fade and wash away very quickly !!!

#36 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5567 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

The hard core, broken down gamblers say Miami nips us...

That's probably cause they beat the Jets like a dusty rug...

I would not go against the Colts at home right now.........we should be all fired up Sunday..

I think we are 4-3 against the spread....I'd stya with the Colts

The line has NOTHING to do with what the "wise guys" think. The line is adjusted to who the Book thinks the masses money will favor.

National media and all the talking heads are all over Miami right now because they beat the Jets.

Wise guys love home teams getting points... Don't be surprised to see this line INCREASE...

And the smart money going on Indy.

I like the Colts here.... I'd like em a lot more if the D would just get it's best players on the field. BIG GAME.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#37 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5567 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

And I really hope Indy sees Tannehill and not Moore...

Moore is a pretty good player.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#38 ar1888

ar1888
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

I always prefer the role of the underdog.

#39 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1807 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thank you!!

Living in So Cal as well...I know you've probably been to In and Out..but when in Indy..you have to try Shake and Steak..way better than In and Out imho...Their Steakburgers are the best!

The man no one corner can stop...

#40 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Living in So Cal as well...I know you've probably been to In and Out..but when in Indy..you have to try Shake and Steak..way better than In and Out imho...Their Steakburgers are the best!

No man steak n shake has the best steak burgers. Shake and steak has the best burger steaks.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates