Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Dee

is Notre Dame for real?

34 posts in this topic

I honestly thought OU would blast them tonight...

BUT.... not so fast my friend...

ND really is very good on both sides of the LOS. OL and DL. they are strong....

Oregon and KST will get real angry if ND doesn't lose to USC.

1 person likes this

I turned the game off before the second half started because I figured Oklahoma would come back. Is Notre darn for real? I think so... and tonight they showed they could not only win big games, but do it on the road. They should be ranked at least third in the B©S.

IMO the Fighting Irish are back,nice to see,Ive been waiting a long time for this.And you are so right JD they are very good on both sides of the ball and getting better :thmup: TEO is a monster,would love to see him wearing the Horseshoe!

1 person likes this

ND is getting clobbered by Pitt so far... they better wake up fast...

20-6 Panthers.

ND is for real. I'd love to see bama get upset. I think USC will be our biggest match up the rest of the way

I think they will beat Bama.... but if they see Georgia... They won't be able to keep up. I feel had USC had Barkley ND would have lost. They just have not faced a QB that can get it done in the air. Landry? ughhh Georgia's QB is a stud.

Will be interesting. ND's front 7 is as good as any in the NCAA but their DB's are shaky as all get out. And ND's O is just not that good. But they are there.

Jeezz the NCAA or the new super conference alignment need to get an 8 team playoff rolling ASAP.

IMO ITS A GOOD ENTERTAINING GAME EITHER WAY,sorry for caps lol not retyping it,im a football fan cant wait,but for the record GO IRISH!!!!

I think they will beat Bama.... but if they see Georgia... They won't be able to keep up. I feel had USC had Barkley ND would have lost. They just have not faced a QB that can get it done in the air. Landry? ughhh Georgia's QB is a stud.

Will be interesting. ND's front 7 is as good as any in the NCAA but their DB's are shaky as all get out. And ND's O is just not that good. But they are there.

Jeezz the NCAA or the new super conference alignment need to get an 8 team playoff rolling ASAP.

I do hear ya on your analisas lol georgia poses more problems

I don't watch college football but from what I'm hearing, the SEC needs to be humbled.

My co-workers have taunted me each week on how ND " couldn't or wouldn't" I am grinning ear to ear over this yall have no idea!

Bama is going to lose to Georgia in the SEC title game, but it doesn't matter either who wins that game IMO. ND is not going to win.

Irish BABY!!!!! Irish going to win the championship this year, ,their offense has gotten better each of the last 4 weeks.....

ND offensive ranks:

78th in the country in passing

28th in the country in rushing

43rd in the country in total offense

Bama Offense:

Tied with ND at 78th in the country in passing

22nd in country in rushing

39th in country in total offense

UGA Offense:

35th in country in passing

39th in country in rushing

23rd in country in total offense

Defensive Rankings based off points given up a game:

Bama - 1st in country with 9.3 pts given up a game

ND - 2nd in country with 10.3 pts given up a game

UGA - 16th in country with 17.7 pts given up a game.

UGA has not faced an offense who is balanced and could strike strike quick. Florida ranks close to dead last in pass offense which was the best offense they had faced all year.

Bama hadnt played anyone (according to alot of SEC fans Michigan sucks after ND beat them) until they played LSU and A&M. LSU should have won that game but les miles going for it on 4th & 2 and calling a fake field goal both in field goal range cost them the game. and A&M took a page out of LSU's play book and that was containing LAcey and the bama run game which ND can surely do with 1 of the best front 7's in the country.

According to Sagarins schedule rankings (was posted in the USA Today paper 11/25/2012)

ND had the toughest schedule schedule out of the three and were ranked first in the country in it

Bama: Alabama 2nd

UGA : 6th

then there is the quality of teams they have played:

ND has faced 10 bowl elgible teams (that is saying if pitt beats USF this weekend) but since Miami pulled themselves out of a bowl due to possible recruiting violations it will only be 9, but because of their eligibility i included them BUT no FCS schools, and only ONE non AQ team in navy...

Bama has only played 4 bowl eligible teams with their 5th one coming this weekend ( played one FCS school and 2 others (Florida atlantic and western kentucky) that are non AQ teams)

UGA: has only played 3 bowl eligible teams and played 3 NON AQ teams including a FCS school like bama 2 weeks ago.

so out of all of those games bama 4 with a 5th bowl eligible game this weekend and UGA having played 3 with number 4 this weekend out of 12 games and some how those teams schedules are tougher. they have played a pretty favorable schedule this year and have not played anyone who could match up well against them until bama played LSU and A&M and those games proved my point about bama. they played NO ONE and when they do play someone who can put points on the board and can play solid defense they are held to 24 or less points (21 against LSU and 24 against A&M). cant forget to mention it is the first year A&M has played a SEC schedule after comnig out of the Big 12.

now in no way am i saying that Bama or UGA are horrible or bad teams and dont deserve to be where their at, because they do deserve to be 2 & 3 and hteir not bad teams. honestly i think the championship will be a very good game. but i think the SEC run at championships is ending with 6 in row. i thought it all year even if it were Oregon or Kstate in the championship against bama or UGA i dont think either one of those two SEC schools would win the championship.

this is the first time i have actually commented on any website about the championship game, i have been sitting back laughing at all the comments SEC fans keep saying. because if it were up to them, then bama or UGA would be crowned champs right now.

but i am hoping for my team to win lol. HERE COME THE IRISH!!!

1 person likes this

Irish BABY!!!!! Irish going to win the championship this year, ,their offense has gotten better each of the last 4 weeks.....

ND offensive ranks:

78th in the country in passing

28th in the country in rushing

43rd in the country in total offense

Bama Offense:

Tied with ND at 78th in the country in passing

22nd in country in rushing

39th in country in total offense

UGA Offense:

35th in country in passing

39th in country in rushing

23rd in country in total offense

Defensive Rankings based off points given up a game:

Bama - 1st in country with 9.3 pts given up a game

ND - 2nd in country with 10.3 pts given up a game

UGA - 16th in country with 17.7 pts given up a game.

UGA has not faced an offense who is balanced and could strike strike quick. Florida ranks close to dead last in pass offense which was the best offense they had faced all year.

Bama hadnt played anyone (according to alot of SEC fans Michigan sucks after ND beat them) until they played LSU and A&M. LSU should have won that game but les miles going for it on 4th & 2 and calling a fake field goal both in field goal range cost them the game. and A&M took a page out of LSU's play book and that was containing LAcey and the bama run game which ND can surely do with 1 of the best front 7's in the country.

According to Sagarins schedule rankings (was posted in the USA Today paper 11/25/2012)

ND had the toughest schedule schedule out of the three and were ranked first in the country in it

Bama: Alabama 2nd

UGA : 6th

then there is the quality of teams they have played:

ND has faced 10 bowl elgible teams (that is saying if pitt beats USF this weekend) but since Miami pulled themselves out of a bowl due to possible recruiting violations it will only be 9, but because of their eligibility i included them BUT no FCS schools, and only ONE non AQ team in navy...

Bama has only played 4 bowl eligible teams with their 5th one coming this weekend ( played one FCS school and 2 others (Florida atlantic and western kentucky) that are non AQ teams)

UGA: has only played 3 bowl eligible teams and played 3 NON AQ teams including a FCS school like bama 2 weeks ago.

so out of all of those games bama 4 with a 5th bowl eligible game this weekend and UGA having played 3 with number 4 this weekend out of 12 games and some how those teams schedules are tougher. they have played a pretty favorable schedule this year and have not played anyone who could match up well against them until bama played LSU and A&M and those games proved my point about bama. they played NO ONE and when they do play someone who can put points on the board and can play solid defense they are held to 24 or less points (21 against LSU and 24 against A&M). cant forget to mention it is the first year A&M has played a SEC schedule after comnig out of the Big 12.

now in no way am i saying that Bama or UGA are horrible or bad teams and dont deserve to be where their at, because they do deserve to be 2 & 3 and hteir not bad teams. honestly i think the championship will be a very good game. but i think the SEC run at championships is ending with 6 in row. i thought it all year even if it were Oregon or Kstate in the championship against bama or UGA i dont think either one of those two SEC schools would win the championship.

this is the first time i have actually commented on any website about the championship game, i have been sitting back laughing at all the comments SEC fans keep saying. because if it were up to them, then bama or UGA would be crowned champs right now.

but i am hoping for my team to win lol. HERE COME THE IRISH!!!

Dont get me wrong i believe ND is the best in the country,what the stats dont show is the constant improvement on offense over the year,IMO they are a beast

Dont get me wrong i believe ND is the best in the country,what the stats dont show is the constant improvement on offense over the year,IMO they are a beast

EXACTLY!!! they jumped from being ranked around 85 in the country in total offense just alittle over a month ago and then they jumped to 43rd in the country by the end of the USC game. i feel people are underestimating this irish team alittle to much. im a big notre dame fan so alot would expect me to say that BUT even if i were a bama, georgia, oregon, kstate or even Ohio State fan i would still be saying people underestimate them and it could end up making a bad night for a bama or georgia fan in 40 days.

and it seems everyones only argument is " they barely beat BYU,Purdue, and Pitt AT HOME " , but fail to realize that on the ROAD they play alot better and on the road they have yet to give up more then 13 points and they only gave up 13 twice this year on the road which was to two very good offensive teams in Oklahoma and USC. people can say all they want about a " freshman QB " starting for USC that night, but Notre Dame also had started a "freshman " QB all year. last i checked National Championship is on the road AWAY from southbend.

1 person likes this

IMO the Fighting Irish are back,nice to see,Ive been waiting a long time for this.And you are so right JD they are very good on both sides of the ball and getting better :thmup: TEO is a monster,would love to see him wearing the Horseshoe!

would love to see that too. him and angerer next to each other. BUT that being said we both know it wont happen. he is a top 10 pick so unless some way we move up into the top 10 to get him we wont get him. i have a feeling Michael Floyd will be recruiting him (like portis did with Sean Taylor at washington) to get him into Arizona, especially since they need defensive help.

1 person likes this

Well we get the chance to shut up the doubters,bring on the Tide!!!!!

1 person likes this

Well we get the chance to shut up the doubters,bring on the Tide!!!!!

Love seeing the Irish undefeated!!! Limited history on a rivalry that sounds bigger than it is. 1973 and 74 were the only games for the National Championship....GO Irish!!!

http://www.collegefootball.bz/alabama/opponents/notre-dame

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/12/02/bcs-title-game-notre-dame-alabama/1740705/

1 person likes this

Good luck to ND in the title game. As a fan of an SEC team I have differing views but I hope its a good game.

1 person likes this

Good luck to ND in the title game. As a fan of an SEC team I have differing views but I hope its a good game.

Lol USAF no problem its good we dont all have the same opinions ,it might get rather boring.I believe it will be a good game ,only thing i hate is 5 or 6 week layoff before its played
1 person likes this

I hate the long layoff also. 5-6 weeks is way to long for players to not be in action.

2 people like this

Lol USAF no problem its good we dont all have the same opinions ,it might get rather boring.I believe it will be a good game ,only thing i hate is 5 or 6 week layoff before its played

I hope it is a good game.....NCAA layoffs are pitiful! Play and get it over with....yes I do understand the academic aspect but WOW what a layoff....just hope it is a good game and fun to watch!!!
1 person likes this

yes I do understand the academic aspect but WOW what a layoff....just hope it is a good game and fun to watch!!!

it has more to do with the holidays, tv deals, and MONEY

1 person likes this

it has more to do with the holidays, tv deals, and MONEY

Yep.....and makes for some bad football...... :thmup:
1 person likes this

your both right its about the money,and can make for a bad game from 2 rusty teams

1 person likes this

Your right Brother ,not only is the future looking good for the Fighting Irish,but on the basketball side for our Indiana Hoosiers  :thmup:  Life is good for us in college athletics :rock:

1 person likes this

Your right Brother ,not only is the future looking good for the Fighting Irish,but on the basketball side for our Indiana Hoosiers  :thmup:  Life is good for us in college athletics :rock:

I am enjoying Notre Dame basketball too......I hope Brey stays.....he is the most underrated coach in the nation IMO.  And yes, we know IU will be just fine......they just wanted Butler in the top 25.  :)  Butler is going to get better and better too.

I am enjoying Notre Dame basketball too......I hope Brey stays.....he is the most underrated coach in the nation IMO.  And yes, we know IU will be just fine......they just wanted Butler in the top 25.   :)  Butler is going to get better and better too.

Brent your right Brey is underrated so is Stevens,and IMO Butler shouldve allready been a top 15 team,but just like Rodney no respect from the media

1 person likes this