•  

Photo

is Notre Dame for real?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

I honestly thought OU would blast them tonight...

BUT.... not so fast my friend...

ND really is very good on both sides of the LOS. OL and DL. they are strong....

Oregon and KST will get real angry if ND doesn't lose to USC.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Zalekcin

Zalekcin
  • Member nst
  • 4102 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

I turned the game off before the second half started because I figured Oklahoma would come back. Is Notre darn for real? I think so... and tonight they showed they could not only win big games, but do it on the road. They should be ranked at least third in the B©S.

The artist formerly know as Gandalf... but still rather wizardly while wearing blue and white. Drug/alcohol free. 

#3 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

IMO the Fighting Irish are back,nice to see,Ive been waiting a long time for this.And you are so right JD they are very good on both sides of the ball and getting better :thmup: TEO is a monster,would love to see him wearing the Horseshoe!

#4 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

ND is getting clobbered by Pitt so far... they better wake up fast...

20-6 Panthers.
Aldous Huxley

#5 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Wow... I thought Indy had "Luck" on our side.. hehe...
Aldous Huxley

#6 Vltrophy1

Vltrophy1
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

ND is for real. I'd love to see bama get upset. I think USC will be our biggest match up the rest of the way

#7 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

I would say the Fighting Irish have answered this question :thmup:

#8 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5818 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

:yes:

#9 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

To quote the magic eight ball "signs point to yes." Way to go Irish!
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#10 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

I think they will beat Bama.... but if they see Georgia... They won't be able to keep up. I feel had USC had Barkley ND would have lost. They just have not faced a QB that can get it done in the air. Landry? ughhh Georgia's QB is a stud.

Will be interesting. ND's front 7 is as good as any in the NCAA but their DB's are shaky as all get out. And ND's O is just not that good. But they are there.

Jeezz the NCAA or the new super conference alignment need to get an 8 team playoff rolling ASAP.
Aldous Huxley

#11 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

IMO ITS A GOOD ENTERTAINING GAME EITHER WAY,sorry for caps lol not retyping it,im a football fan cant wait,but for the record GO IRISH!!!!

#12 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

I think they will beat Bama.... but if they see Georgia... They won't be able to keep up. I feel had USC had Barkley ND would have lost. They just have not faced a QB that can get it done in the air. Landry? ughhh Georgia's QB is a stud.

Will be interesting. ND's front 7 is as good as any in the NCAA but their DB's are shaky as all get out. And ND's O is just not that good. But they are there.

Jeezz the NCAA or the new super conference alignment need to get an 8 team playoff rolling ASAP.

I do hear ya on your analisas lol georgia poses more problems

#13 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6595 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

I don't watch college football but from what I'm hearing, the SEC needs to be humbled.

#14 CrazyCaliColtFan

CrazyCaliColtFan
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

My co-workers have taunted me each week on how ND " couldn't or wouldn't" I am grinning ear to ear over this yall have no idea!
HERE WE GO COOOOOOLTS HERE WE GO!!

#15 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Bama is going to lose to Georgia in the SEC title game, but it doesn't matter either who wins that game IMO. ND is not going to win.

#16 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Irish BABY!!!!! Irish going to win the championship this year, ,their offense has gotten better each of the last 4 weeks.....

ND offensive ranks:

78th in the country in passing
28th in the country in rushing
43rd in the country in total offense

Bama Offense:

Tied with ND at 78th in the country in passing
22nd in country in rushing
39th in country in total offense

UGA Offense:
35th in country in passing
39th in country in rushing
23rd in country in total offense

Defensive Rankings based off points given up a game:

Bama - 1st in country with 9.3 pts given up a game

ND - 2nd in country with 10.3 pts given up a game

UGA - 16th in country with 17.7 pts given up a game.

UGA has not faced an offense who is balanced and could strike strike quick. Florida ranks close to dead last in pass offense which was the best offense they had faced all year.

Bama hadnt played anyone (according to alot of SEC fans Michigan sucks after ND beat them) until they played LSU and A&M. LSU should have won that game but les miles going for it on 4th & 2 and calling a fake field goal both in field goal range cost them the game. and A&M took a page out of LSU's play book and that was containing LAcey and the bama run game which ND can surely do with 1 of the best front 7's in the country.

According to Sagarins schedule rankings (was posted in the USA Today paper 11/25/2012)

ND had the toughest schedule schedule out of the three and were ranked first in the country in it

Bama: Alabama 2nd

UGA : 6th

then there is the quality of teams they have played:

ND has faced 10 bowl elgible teams (that is saying if pitt beats USF this weekend) but since Miami pulled themselves out of a bowl due to possible recruiting violations it will only be 9, but because of their eligibility i included them BUT no FCS schools, and only ONE non AQ team in navy...

Bama has only played 4 bowl eligible teams with their 5th one coming this weekend ( played one FCS school and 2 others (Florida atlantic and western kentucky) that are non AQ teams)

UGA: has only played 3 bowl eligible teams and played 3 NON AQ teams including a FCS school like bama 2 weeks ago.

so out of all of those games bama 4 with a 5th bowl eligible game this weekend and UGA having played 3 with number 4 this weekend out of 12 games and some how those teams schedules are tougher. they have played a pretty favorable schedule this year and have not played anyone who could match up well against them until bama played LSU and A&M and those games proved my point about bama. they played NO ONE and when they do play someone who can put points on the board and can play solid defense they are held to 24 or less points (21 against LSU and 24 against A&M). cant forget to mention it is the first year A&M has played a SEC schedule after comnig out of the Big 12.

now in no way am i saying that Bama or UGA are horrible or bad teams and dont deserve to be where their at, because they do deserve to be 2 & 3 and hteir not bad teams. honestly i think the championship will be a very good game. but i think the SEC run at championships is ending with 6 in row. i thought it all year even if it were Oregon or Kstate in the championship against bama or UGA i dont think either one of those two SEC schools would win the championship.

this is the first time i have actually commented on any website about the championship game, i have been sitting back laughing at all the comments SEC fans keep saying. because if it were up to them, then bama or UGA would be crowned champs right now.

but i am hoping for my team to win lol. HERE COME THE IRISH!!!

Believe In Blue!!!

#17 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Irish BABY!!!!! Irish going to win the championship this year, ,their offense has gotten better each of the last 4 weeks.....

ND offensive ranks:

78th in the country in passing
28th in the country in rushing
43rd in the country in total offense

Bama Offense:

Tied with ND at 78th in the country in passing
22nd in country in rushing
39th in country in total offense

UGA Offense:
35th in country in passing
39th in country in rushing
23rd in country in total offense

Defensive Rankings based off points given up a game:

Bama - 1st in country with 9.3 pts given up a game

ND - 2nd in country with 10.3 pts given up a game

UGA - 16th in country with 17.7 pts given up a game.

UGA has not faced an offense who is balanced and could strike strike quick. Florida ranks close to dead last in pass offense which was the best offense they had faced all year.

Bama hadnt played anyone (according to alot of SEC fans Michigan sucks after ND beat them) until they played LSU and A&M. LSU should have won that game but les miles going for it on 4th & 2 and calling a fake field goal both in field goal range cost them the game. and A&M took a page out of LSU's play book and that was containing LAcey and the bama run game which ND can surely do with 1 of the best front 7's in the country.

According to Sagarins schedule rankings (was posted in the USA Today paper 11/25/2012)

ND had the toughest schedule schedule out of the three and were ranked first in the country in it

Bama: Alabama 2nd

UGA : 6th

then there is the quality of teams they have played:

ND has faced 10 bowl elgible teams (that is saying if pitt beats USF this weekend) but since Miami pulled themselves out of a bowl due to possible recruiting violations it will only be 9, but because of their eligibility i included them BUT no FCS schools, and only ONE non AQ team in navy...

Bama has only played 4 bowl eligible teams with their 5th one coming this weekend ( played one FCS school and 2 others (Florida atlantic and western kentucky) that are non AQ teams)

UGA: has only played 3 bowl eligible teams and played 3 NON AQ teams including a FCS school like bama 2 weeks ago.

so out of all of those games bama 4 with a 5th bowl eligible game this weekend and UGA having played 3 with number 4 this weekend out of 12 games and some how those teams schedules are tougher. they have played a pretty favorable schedule this year and have not played anyone who could match up well against them until bama played LSU and A&M and those games proved my point about bama. they played NO ONE and when they do play someone who can put points on the board and can play solid defense they are held to 24 or less points (21 against LSU and 24 against A&M). cant forget to mention it is the first year A&M has played a SEC schedule after comnig out of the Big 12.

now in no way am i saying that Bama or UGA are horrible or bad teams and dont deserve to be where their at, because they do deserve to be 2 & 3 and hteir not bad teams. honestly i think the championship will be a very good game. but i think the SEC run at championships is ending with 6 in row. i thought it all year even if it were Oregon or Kstate in the championship against bama or UGA i dont think either one of those two SEC schools would win the championship.

this is the first time i have actually commented on any website about the championship game, i have been sitting back laughing at all the comments SEC fans keep saying. because if it were up to them, then bama or UGA would be crowned champs right now.

but i am hoping for my team to win lol. HERE COME THE IRISH!!!

Dont get me wrong i believe ND is the best in the country,what the stats dont show is the constant improvement on offense over the year,IMO they are a beast

#18 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Dont get me wrong i believe ND is the best in the country,what the stats dont show is the constant improvement on offense over the year,IMO they are a beast

EXACTLY!!! they jumped from being ranked around 85 in the country in total offense just alittle over a month ago and then they jumped to 43rd in the country by the end of the USC game. i feel people are underestimating this irish team alittle to much. im a big notre dame fan so alot would expect me to say that BUT even if i were a bama, georgia, oregon, kstate or even Ohio State fan i would still be saying people underestimate them and it could end up making a bad night for a bama or georgia fan in 40 days.

and it seems everyones only argument is " they barely beat BYU,Purdue, and Pitt AT HOME " , but fail to realize that on the ROAD they play alot better and on the road they have yet to give up more then 13 points and they only gave up 13 twice this year on the road which was to two very good offensive teams in Oklahoma and USC. people can say all they want about a " freshman QB " starting for USC that night, but Notre Dame also had started a "freshman " QB all year. last i checked National Championship is on the road AWAY from southbend.

Believe In Blue!!!

#19 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

IMO the Fighting Irish are back,nice to see,Ive been waiting a long time for this.And you are so right JD they are very good on both sides of the ball and getting better :thmup: TEO is a monster,would love to see him wearing the Horseshoe!

would love to see that too. him and angerer next to each other. BUT that being said we both know it wont happen. he is a top 10 pick so unless some way we move up into the top 10 to get him we wont get him. i have a feeling Michael Floyd will be recruiting him (like portis did with Sean Taylor at washington) to get him into Arizona, especially since they need defensive help.

Believe In Blue!!!

#20 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Well we get the chance to shut up the doubters,bring on the Tide!!!!!

#21 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10708 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Well we get the chance to shut up the doubters,bring on the Tide!!!!!

Love seeing the Irish undefeated!!! Limited history on a rivalry that sounds bigger than it is. 1973 and 74 were the only games for the National Championship....GO Irish!!!

http://www.collegefo...ents/notre-dame

http://www.usatoday....labama/1740705/

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#22 USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier
  • 649 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Good luck to ND in the title game. As a fan of an SEC team I have differing views but I hope its a good game.

#23 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Good luck to ND in the title game. As a fan of an SEC team I have differing views but I hope its a good game.

Lol USAF no problem its good we dont all have the same opinions ,it might get rather boring.I believe it will be a good game ,only thing i hate is 5 or 6 week layoff before its played

#24 USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier
  • 649 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I hate the long layoff also. 5-6 weeks is way to long for players to not be in action.

#25 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10708 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Lol USAF no problem its good we dont all have the same opinions ,it might get rather boring.I believe it will be a good game ,only thing i hate is 5 or 6 week layoff before its played

I hope it is a good game.....NCAA layoffs are pitiful! Play and get it over with....yes I do understand the academic aspect but WOW what a layoff....just hope it is a good game and fun to watch!!!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#26 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5818 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

yes I do understand the academic aspect but WOW what a layoff....just hope it is a good game and fun to watch!!!

it has more to do with the holidays, tv deals, and MONEY

#27 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10708 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

it has more to do with the holidays, tv deals, and MONEY

Yep.....and makes for some bad football...... :thmup:

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#28 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

your both right its about the money,and can make for a bad game from 2 rusty teams

#29 LoganMcCune

LoganMcCune
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

When you got this guy you always are for real

Posted Image

#30 Vltrophy1

Vltrophy1
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I was hoping Manti win the Heisman. Hopin they beat bama

#31 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10708 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Looks like next year the Irish D will be formidable once again!  We will miss our LB, but the big boys are a comin back!  Go Irish!!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/c...nix-enter-draft

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#32 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Your right Brother ,not only is the future looking good for the Fighting Irish,but on the basketball side for our Indiana Hoosiers  :thmup:  Life is good for us in college athletics :rock:

#33 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10708 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Your right Brother ,not only is the future looking good for the Fighting Irish,but on the basketball side for our Indiana Hoosiers  :thmup:  Life is good for us in college athletics :rock:

I am enjoying Notre Dame basketball too......I hope Brey stays.....he is the most underrated coach in the nation IMO.  And yes, we know IU will be just fine......they just wanted Butler in the top 25.  :)  Butler is going to get better and better too.

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#34 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I am enjoying Notre Dame basketball too......I hope Brey stays.....he is the most underrated coach in the nation IMO.  And yes, we know IU will be just fine......they just wanted Butler in the top 25.   :)  Butler is going to get better and better too.

Brent your right Brey is underrated so is Stevens,and IMO Butler shouldve allready been a top 15 team,but just like Rodney no respect from the media

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates