Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

start of the trio

CR91

You obviously did too if you had that statement about Johnny U. I wouldn't say Peyton is better than Johnny, but when his career ends Peyton will be right next to Johnny.

The statement I made about Johnny U was the fact that (many) people do think PM is the best ever and that there are people who thought that Johnny U would never be replaced. The GOAT is all a matter of personal preference. And for some they don't have the experience of seeing Johnny U play (like me) and only have what footage, stories, etc to draw upon. So of course they are going to side with what they know. I never said that PM was the best at anything, I was just trying to show Captain Americolt that you can never say never. Somebody will come along eventually and will be better. Now if you would please get off my back about it I would appreciate it.

I'll be happy when you build up enough clout to be taken somewhat seriously. Now kindly make room for the respected Pats posters around here like Dynasty, GoPats, etc. Thank you. :wave:

Oh, stop being so snippy. So, he's new here, his opinion is still valid whether it's his first post or his 1000th. And:

1. He's not actually that wrong.

2. Dynasty, GoPats, JJ, JimJ' et al cut their teeth on here with comments like that.

3. It was also probably said with his tongue firmly placed in his cheek.

I think Hilton has some ability but I don't think he is an every down receiver he is too short. Ballard I think can be great in this offense and I think they should give him the starting job and give him more carries than Brown who is injury prone. Only part of this has to do with the fact that I have Ballard on my fantasy team right now.

It's just discussion guy....

Yes it is, but instead of actually addressing those that have stated that PM is better than JU, you decide to come at me over making a statement that you can never say never. Then after answering your question you decide to make your own conclusions and reply again about something I have never said anywhere on this forum. Maybe you should direct your discussion to those folks instead.

We'll never have another QB as good as Peyton, a WR as good as Harrison, and definitely another RB as good as Edge.

Lololololololol...

This league is going to be around a while. And I'd suspect this team will too.

Edge isn't even in most guys list of top ten all time (or even in the honorable mention):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829ef5e8/article/top-10-running-backs-ever-what-is-ladainian-tomlinsons-rank

I like the guy as much as anyone, but he was primarily a savy/crafty runner, with good size and decent speed. To think we'll never have anyone better is a miss, IMO.

Harrison will be tough, but the league is headed in a passing direction. If the Colts can bring in someone to pair with Luck that is top notch, there is reasonable room to assume that that player can put up some monster numbers over a 10-12 year career. It'll be tough, but doable.

Manning will be the toughest. However, given the fact that the league is largely moving towards the pass, as is our current offense, it's not unreasonable to think that Luck can blossom into something really special as well. Given enough time, he could surpass some of those numbers. It's not likely, but it is certainly possible.

Lololololololol...

This league is going to be around a while. And I'd suspect this team will too.

Edge isn't even in most guys list of top ten all time (or even in the honorable mention):

http://www.nfl.com/n...tomlinsons-rank

I like the guy as much as anyone, but he was primarily a savy/crafty runner, with good size and decent speed. To think we'll never have anyone better is a miss, IMO.

Harrison will be tough, but the league is headed in a passing direction. If the Colts can bring in someone to pair with Luck that is top notch, there is reasonable room to assume that that player can put up some monster numbers over a 10-12 year career. It'll be tough, but doable.

Manning will be the toughest. However, given the fact that the league is largely moving towards the pass, as is our current offense, it's not unreasonable to think that Luck can blossom into something really special as well. Given enough time, he could surpass some of those numbers. It's not likely, but it is certainly possible.

Like I stated earlier. I'd LOVE to see this day when we have 3 players together that rival what Manning, Edge, and Harrison were. I don't see it happening ANY time soon.

Brady should also try to show up against giants D, between its been 11 long years right?

I don't think it's been close to 11 long years.

The Pats won in '02, '04 and '05... and lost to the Giants in '08 and '11.

I realize the Colts and the Patriots have had a serious rivalry for more than a decade, but New England has scoreboard on Indy. Sorry, but they do. More Super Bowl victories. More Super Bowl appearances. Scoreboard.

Why you choose to rip them (and wrongly, I might add) is beyond me..... :bored::facepalm:

Sorry.

Like I stated earlier. I'd LOVE to see this day when we have 3 players together that rival what Manning, Edge, and Harrison were. I don't see it happening ANY time soon.

That's the key.. There might be a 3 year old out there that will be drafted by the Colts that puts Harrison or even Jerry Rice to shame. There might be a 2 year old out there that turns into part Barry Sanders/part Jerome Bettis, that the Colts draft and there might be a 1 year old QB out there that will make Manning and Marino look like Tim Couch and Rex Grossman that the Colts could end up drafting.

They key would be having 3 of those such player at the same time and I don't see that happening.

tumblr_m128pne27t1qh6f21o1_500.jpg

Topping this trio is quite a bit much to ask for.

• 1 month later...
ballard and hilton are playing some good ball. you still think this cant be our stable

I'll go back to my original post.

3 starters? Yes

3 player at the level of 18/32/88? No, not a chance.

I don't see either of the three reaching the level of those other three..Can hey be a stable? Sure.  They already are, but I don't see them as a group or individually surpassing 18/32/88. 

I'll go back to my original post.

3 starters? Yes

3 player at the level of 18/32/88? No, not a chance.

I don't see either of the three reaching the level of those other three..Can hey be a stable? Sure.  They already are, but I don't see them as a group or individually surpassing 18/32/88. 

it is premature to measure them to that level, but the ability is there. they each have something that peyton marv and edge brought. luck is cerebral, brilliant, and clutch, hilton is explosive, has a quick first step and has stellar hands. ballard is a tough physical runner who also has reliable hands. sound familiar

it is premature to measure them to that level, but the ability is there. they each have something that peyton marv and edge brought. luck is cerebral, brilliant, and clutch, hilton is explosive, has a quick first step and has stellar hands. ballard is a tough physical runner who also has reliable hands. sound familiar

I guess time will tell. 

Its funny this topic is being brought up because I see some similarities with Edge and Ballard.  I'm not saying Ballard is as good but there have been certain instances where Ballard has resembled him in his style of play.

1.  Like Edge, Ballard doesn't have top end speed but can make you miss with elusiveness/agility.

2.  Ballard (like Edge) seems to always fall forward as opposed to getting knocked back.

3.  They both can make cuts in the open field or in tight spaces

4.  They both have power.

As far as Hilton goes, while I believe he is playing great he's not close to Harrison or ever will be.  Personally I think Wayne is just as good if not better than Harrison.  One could make the argument that its 1a and 1b in colts history but thats not the topic of discussion.

Finally bringing up my favorite runningback of all time  everyone can enjoy some highlights of the triplets  :thmup:

None of the Current 3 will come close to Peyton, Marvin, & Edge if we don't get ourselves an Offensive Line soon
I have to agree with you here. Once the offensive line came together in 00/01, the Colts offense blew up, without it, Manning threw alot of picks and had a season comparable to Luck's and I doubt Edge would have been so successful. Look at what happened when he went to Arizona, no offensive line and he didn't do nearly as well. The o-line should be #1 priority in the off-season by a long shot.

I have to agree with you here. Once the offensive line came together in 00/01, the Colts offense blew up, without it, Manning threw alot of picks and had a season comparable to Luck's and I doubt Edge would have been so successful. Look at what happened when he went to Arizona, no offensive line and he didn't do nearly as well. The o-line should be #1 priority in the off-season by a long shot.

Yep. Ballard is gonna be a BEAST. Well, he is now but just imagine him with an oline!