Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

start of the trio

CR91

Maybe one day this conversation can happen but as long as people still think the sun rises and sets around some former players of ours everybody else will be chopped liver in comparison. Don't you know there will never be another QB as good, another RB as good, and WR as good. We might as well close up shop because the glory days are over and will never return again.

Maybe one day this conversation can happen but as long as people still think the sun rises and sets around some former players of ours everybody else will be chopped liver in comparison. Don't you know there will never be another QB as good, another RB as good, and WR as good. We might as well close up shop because the glory days are over and will never return again.

We'll never have another QB as good as Peyton, a WR as good as Harrison, and definitely another RB as good as Edge.

I agree with FJC. They can be three starters, but they won't be anywhere near the level of Harrison, Peyton, and Edge. Those guys are all (in my opinion) HOFers and keep in mind they were all taken with the top pick in different drafts. So just because we got Ballard, Luck, and Hilton in one draft, doesn't mean we have to expect those three to be our trio on offense. We still have time to build our offensive trio if that's what Grigs and the coaches want to do

We'll never have another QB as good as Peyton, a WR as good as Harrison, and definitely another RB as good as Edge.

And I'm sure people said there would never be a QB better than Johnny Unitas too. That's the thing about saying never, it always comes back to bite you in the behind. There will always be somebody who comes along that will be better. Just like some day jordan will be surpassed as the greatest basketball player ever, somebody will come along and replace Manning as the greatest ever too. That is unless you only live in the past.

Never....shm

And I'm sure people said there would never be a QB better than Johnny Unitas too. That's the thing about saying never, it always comes back to bite you in the behind. There will always be somebody who comes along that will be better. Just like some day jordan will be surpassed as the greatest basketball player ever, somebody will come along and replace Manning as the greatest ever too. That is unless you only live in the past.

Never....shm

Lebron is working on that right now.

Never....shm

I guess its true you can never say never. But i'm not expecting it.

As long as we are using a 2 Back set forget about it with Ballard or Brown in my opinion, Personally I hope Luck isn't forced to try to surpass Manning, not because he doesn't have that potential or wont, I think he will have that potential down the road but because the minute Edge went to Arizona our running game went with him and hasn't been seen since (Although I think both Brown and Ballard have that potential if Arians would just stick with one or the other). as for Hilton being the Harrison first things first he needs to go back to basics......catch and then run I also dont know if Hilton has that ability to come up with the spectacular catch like Harrison did multiple times seemingly per season

Never....shm

I agree 100%. Its like Double D says. If you say "always" and "never" you are always wrong and never right. Give them a chance to be great!

3 starters? Yes

3 player at the level of 18/32/88? No, not a chance.

agreed. there's only 1 manning, one harrison, one james. impossible to duplicate. Cowboys had the first 3 triplets.

first off, luck is struggling at accuracy, i believe it was collinsworth that said he is the most inaccurate passer in the league and might set a record for inaccuacy. we have no running back. we have only older reggie left as far as really, pro--bowl type receiver. the tide has turned, Irsay turned it, right or wrong. We will be back in playoffs in 3 1./2 years. Luck will get better, but right now, he's learning the speed of the game is lightning compared to college D1.

I dont wanna get ahead of myself, but lets look a couple of years down the road. can you see luck, hilton, and ballard as the trio of our offense like manning, harrison, and james.

We are no where near a finished product...so no. There are pivotal players for the Luck era Colts who are not even on this team yet. I expect our franchise running back is one of them. Stay tuned. I like Hilton's overall potential but not ready to say he will obtain "triplet status".

agreed. there's only 1 manning, one harrison, one james. impossible to duplicate. Cowboys had the first 3 triplets.

first off, luck is struggling at accuracy, i believe it was collinsworth that said he is the most inaccurate passer in the league and might set a record for inaccuacy. we have no running back. we have only older reggie left as far as really, pro--bowl type receiver. the tide has turned, Irsay turned it, right or wrong. We will be back in playoffs in 3 1./2 years. Luck will get better, but right now, he's learning the speed of the game is lightning compared to college D1.

we have running backs and the line is blocking better now