Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From last to first

Jules

I think that's an astounding stat. Seriously, astounding. It's really hard to wrap your brain around it.

One year your last in your division. The very next year you win the division. Amazing to me.

Can't answer your question about having one this year as I haven't looked at who finished dead last in the 8 divisions last year.

But, off the top of my head, I'm guessing no...

Still... that's a 10-year run of worst to first.... mind boggling.

Nice catch by you, Jules....

The Vikings are the only team that appears to have a chance based on their record... but I don't think they're anywhere near as good as their record would indicate and would be surprised if they finished better than 3rd in the NFC North. The Redskins still have a chance, too, but our schedule is so rough over the final 9 games that it's just not very likely (Steelers, Ravens, Giants again, Eagles twice, and Cowboys twice with breathers against the Browns and Panthers).

The Vikings are the only team that appears to have a chance based on their record... but I don't think they're anywhere near as good as their record would indicate and would be surprised if they finished better than 3rd in the NFC North. The Redskins still have a chance, too, but our schedule is so rough over the final 9 games that it's just not very likely (Steelers, Ravens, Giants again, Eagles twice, and Cowboys twice with breathers against the Browns and Panthers).

It was almost looking like the Skins to me until Eli did what Eli does at the end of some games Sunday. I don't think the Skins are done yet though but they are suffering a lot of injuries for me to think they can make a serious run?

And remember, the Giants USUALLY start 6-2.

Vikings would be a hugely improbable division winner considering the Bears/Packers in their own division. But, they have not even played them yet. I think Rodgers can score enough to beat the Vikes but with Woodson out for a while I do wonder if this D suffers a bit. I doubt they suffer vs. the Jaguars this weekend but who knows how healthy Woodson is going to be the rest of the season too. And on the Bears side they have the D but do they have the O?

And the Colts (yes those crap cakes in Indy with the bad stats) are currently second in the South but the Texans only lose once in a while. Sigh.

It was supposed to the Chiefs on paper many thought heading into the year. But, the Chiefs look like pure poop.

Just watch the Colts go on a run now and take the Texans down in the last game, haha!!!

But that 10 year run has to come to an end some time, doesn't it?

Maybe this is the year all our dear patterns end. We are also entering the "Age of Aquarius" soon and leaving Pisces so if patterns end then this could be the year.

Of course I will take the Colts big run and the Texans implosion. :luv: :grouphug::shake:

And the Colts (yes those crap cakes in Indy with the bad stats) are currently second in the South but the Texans only lose once in a while. Sigh.

It was supposed to the Chiefs on paper many thought heading into the year. But, the Chiefs look like pure poop.

The Texans may fold when you stop the run... but there are only a few teams who even have a chance of doing that. I can't see any scenario where they don't win the division short of perhaps losing Schaub and Johnson and Foster and Tate for a large chunk of the season.

The Chiefs didn't surprise me that much. Crennel has never looked good as a head guy, he just looked good in comparison to Haley who was so abrasive that guys just quit on him. They badly need a real QB.

Have to agree with Griffin the third, the Vikings sadly are a legitimate threat of winning the NFC North, if only the Packers can crush them back where they belong :thmup:

The entire NFC North is a huge toss up. GB lives and dies on their out standing offense (suffering from no run game), the Bears are going to win from that aging core of defense, I really don't trust Cutler at all. The Lions are a flat out joke, average team at best that has been truly exposed since the playoffs last year. Thank GB and NO for showing just how weak that defense is against the pass. The Vikings have a great defense, but Peterson's legs seem to really be the entire offense.

All we need is the Texans to lose like 7 more games and we got this guys, we got this.

:bored:

Your dream just might come true if Goodell don't wait till the season they are hosting the Super Bowl to do a witch hunt for a bounty pool. :nutz:

Probably won't happen either way unless they do win something :panic:

Hey you never know, Colts win a few road games (real road games) and the Texans drop a few and then we have an interesting division again.

I know I know.....

Rams? I am getting desperate. Maybe they go on a run and shock the world. :scratch: Niners D can be run on a lot better so far then last year.....

Vikes are still the best bet. :scared: :fear:

If the Vikings win (unlikely) should we be excited that the Colts managed to beat them?

YES that is looking like a better week almost each and every single weekend. Frankly we are pretty good at home we are one blown pass coverage away from being 4-0 at home this year which for a team that was 2-14 last year is pretty darn good. Now we just need to start translating some of that success on the road which does take time.

Hey you never know, Colts win a few road games (real road games) and the Texans drop a few and then we have an interesting division again.

I know I know.....

Rams? I am getting desperate. Maybe they go on a run and shock the world. :scratch: Niners D can be run on a lot better so far then last year.....

Vikes are still the best bet. :scared: :fear:

I think the Vikes are the best bet but I still think it's more likely that this stat dies this year although going into the weekend the whole AFC East was 3-3 but I really don't think anyone is willing to bet on the Bills winning that division including the Bills (just joking there)

• 1 month later...
Redskins clinch the division with a NYG loss tonight correct? Even if they lose next week to Dallas, and they all finish 9-7 the Redskins have all the tie-breakers?

I don't know why most are reporting it but they should win the NFC East with a Giants lost. At this point, no team in the NFC East will do better than 9-7. With that said, if the Redskins lose and the Giants win next week, the top 3 teams with be 9-7.

Tie Breaker Rules

Head to Head - They all would be 1-1 against each other

Division - Both Redskins and Cowboys would be 4-2 in division, so Giants eliminated

Common Opponents - The Redskins and Cowboys amazingly have the same win loss ratio against common opponents and it was the Cowboys loss to the Saints today that made this possible, with both teams having the exact win loss against 5 teams. The determining teams for this tie break were the Steelers, Panthers, Ravens, and Saints.

Conference - Redskins would be 7-5 and Cowboys would be 6-6, so tie break would go to Washington.

*edit*

I just reread and overlooked Cincy..so next week is for all the marbles.