Photo

TIM Jennings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#41 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

And the other six on the season? I suppose those were all flukes too. He is legit now. Stop hating

oh sorry, i didn't know point out facts was "hating". i can't speak for all his interceptions, but both his interceptions against the panthers, which included a pick 6, were also gift wrapped for him. getting turnovers doesn't make you great...just ask cato june.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 5145 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Not sure why people get lit up everytime they post something about Tim Jennings. He's a stud that we should've never gotten rid of.

#43 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 2017 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

he sure has a knack for creating turnovers

#44 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4576 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Not sure why people get lit up everytime they post something about Tim Jennings. He's a stud that we should've never gotten rid of.

? He was one of the most despised players ever, on this forum at least. Now we are all wise after the event. If I dared say it was due to the Back Office, I'd get hounded for being a Polian hater......

He's playing very well right now, good luck to the chap....
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#45 DoomOf21

DoomOf21
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

oh sorry, i didn't know point out facts was "hating". i can't speak for all his interceptions, but both his interceptions against the panthers, which included a pick 6, were also gift wrapped for him. getting turnovers doesn't make you great...just ask cato june.

So what is in your definition a manly man's interception?
The wisdom of the mob...I mean forum: the coaching, Donald Brown, the defense, the drafting, Andrew Luck, and Bill Polian are the problem. (p.s. this username is from 2005)

#46 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1395 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Not all of his INT's have been "gift wrapped". He's made some really great plays this season. Probably why he leads the league in INT's.

#47 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 18427 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

We didn't get rid of him. He was a free agent. We didn't re-sign him because he hadn't played well in his time here. He's not the first player to play poorly with his first team, then thrive in a different situation. And he won't be the last. I'm happy for him. I don't too much care that he's not here anymore.
LET'S HUNT

#48 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18928 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I think Jennings was really brought up here (on the forum) because of our current Corner situation, Vontae not living up to expectations for one reason or another, Powers being......well who I thought he was. Up till Butler got his shot we hadn't had very good at all Corner play all year......so whats the alternative, find a Corner we used to have thats playing good

#49 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3735 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

CB is now the most difficult position to play, and schemes / coaching that don't fit the players skill sets can make it even worse. I think that was the deal with Jennings here in Indy. I never saw him close to a receiver catching a ball, let alone jumping a route or in front trying defense the pass or leaping to intercept. He's done all of the latter in Chicago. Where here it was like he was told to never let anyone get behind you... ever. Even if they catch everything , just make sure it is in front of you.
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#50 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1395 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

I think Jennings was really brought up here (on the forum) because of our current Corner situation, Vontae not living up to expectations for one reason or another, Powers being......well who I thought he was. Up till Butler got his shot we hadn't had very good at all Corner play all year......so whats the alternative, find a Corner we used to have thats playing good

I don't understand this "Vontae hasn't lived up to expectations" talk. When he's played that side of the field has been shut down for the most part. Getting injured is part of the game, and besides that he's done well. Just because he hasn't pulled down 938574357843 interceptions doesn't mean he is bad. Nnamdi and Revis rarely ever get INT's.

#51 rittdk01

rittdk01
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Played poorly on a bad defense while he was with the Colts. Went to Chicago and joined a great defense that forces a ton of turnovers. Its natural that players will be better on good teams. More noticable on offense but definately true on defense too. Our secondary was terrible for so long that I forgot half the guys that played back there.

#52 Ryan Pelley

Ryan Pelley
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

As everyone was saying, it's the scheme. Colts defensive backs are not allowed to play up on the receiver. For as long as I can remember, they are required to play 10 to 15 yards away, which turns into being killed with slants or curls the entire game. Super Bowl 44 is a perfect example of this. Tim Jennings is actually allowed to use his talents and play in a way that benefits him, and look what he is doing.

Not to mention, Stevie Brown is 2nd in the league in Interceptions, after a short stint with the Colts. Funny though that Tim Jennings has more turnovers than the entire Colts' defense.

#53 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 13263 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

As everyone was saying, it's the scheme. Colts defensive backs are not allowed to play up on the receiver. For as long as I can remember, they are required to play 10 to 15 yards away, which turns into being killed with slants or curls the entire game. Super Bowl 44 is a perfect example of this. Tim Jennings is actually allowed to use his talents and play in a way that benefits him, and look what he is doing.

Not to mention, Stevie Brown is 2nd in the league in Interceptions, after a short stint with the Colts. Funny though that Tim Jennings has more turnovers than the entire Colts' defense.

Stevie Brown Blows me away more than Jennings....good point....I saw him playing tough a couple of weeks on our 'not so special teams' then he was Never to be heard from again..............(the black hole) :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#54 ProblChld32

ProblChld32
  • 1279 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

We had Jennings last year he was OK not to bad then goes to the bears and seems to be a force to reckon with what the blank

Jennings hasn't been with the Colts for quite some time, and the Bears scheme is what makes his play elevate.

#55 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18928 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

I don't understand this "Vontae hasn't lived up to expectations" talk. When he's played that side of the field has been shut down for the most part. Getting injured is part of the game, and besides that he's done well. Just because he hasn't pulled down 938574357843 interceptions doesn't mean he is bad. Nnamdi and Revis rarely ever get INT's.

I'd settle for 1 and not 938574357843. He hasn't played up to the 2nd we gave up for him yet. I expect he will but he hasn't yet, part of that is do to injuries which obviously cant be helped and ya have to give him a pass for those obviously, they happen. But when on the field he hasn't really produced and he does get targeted, its not like he is Revis

#56 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 19601 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

cant evaluate Vontae until he's healthy.....and you cant judge his value against an unknown draft choice...especially when we dont know where we're drafting

if we go 9-7...our 2nd rounder loses value compared to this year's 2nd rounder

..but there's too many variables to even discuss, right?

#57 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18928 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

cant evaluate Vontae until he's healthy.....and you cant judge his value against an unknown draft choice...especially when we dont know where we're drafting

if we go 9-7...our 2nd rounder loses value compared to this year's 2nd rounder

..but there's too many variables to even discuss, right?

you can evaluate his play on the field, coaches do it all the time even after a player gets injured, you dont evaluate the injury you evaluate the play pre injury and pre injury he has played average at best. He hopefully will get better but he hasn't lived up to a 2nd round pick we gave up for him no matter where we would have picked in my opinion of course, you cant judge him against an unknown draft choice I know but you can judge him based on round, I expect the more comfortable he gets and the more the scheme utilizes he strengths (man to man press coverage in my opinion) the better he will get, I wouldnt say there are to many variables, I would say we dont know all the variables because we dont know whats going on behind the scenes, All we can really see is his play on the field and how he is being utilized and his play based on that as well as injury

#58 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Not all of his INT's have been "gift wrapped". He's made some really great plays this season. Probably why he leads the league in INT's.

i never said all of his ints were gift wrapped...but 4 that i know of were

#59 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

So what is in your definition a manly man's interception?

yes, because i clearly stated jennings was less of a man...christ

#60 YOUR GM

YOUR GM
  • 1865 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Jennings hasn't been with the Colts for quite some time, and the Bears scheme is what makes his play elevate.

I'd actually say it's the other way around. The Colts scheme is what hindered him. The guy has ball skills and is a play maker. The Colts told him to play 10 yards off the receiver every snap and play passive. The Bears actually let him be a cornerback, whereas the Colts told him to be an undersized linebacker that makes tackles after short completions.
<p>I am "YOUR GM," ...therefore, my decisions are infallable

#61 coltsin06

coltsin06
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Hopefully Darius Butler can do the same thing Tim Jennings did. Both 2nd round picks both got cut from their teams, Butler has two picks for us in his first game as a starter. He's about to get his chance with Powers gone for the year so we will find out soon enough if a change of scenery elevates his play

#62 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 7187 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

yes, because i clearly stated jennings was less of a man...christ

haha

He makes feminine interceptions!!!!

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Dec
    Nadine

First new years resolution done. Cleaned and reorganized the pantry. Now, on to learning cell numbers for family members. i really do not know them, I just use my cell so I never dial anymore.

• Photo
      20 Dec
    radiogirl

Nothing is more gratifying than doing something for someone else. Brent and I had a long to do list today. Instead, we made an unplanned visit to the hospital. Nothing feeds the soul like helping others. Hang in there Prisha! You are loved!

Show comments (5)
View All Updates