Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TIM Jennings

hambone35

This is brought up every time the Bears have a national game. Yes, Tim is much better as a Bear.

Marinelli might have been one of the worst head coaches this league has ever seen, but he's a great coordinator

Just like Wade Philips. Maybe Rex Ryan will become our next DC after Manusky is let go and Rex gets the boot in NY??? :)

Thats what I was thinking as I wrote that. Rex or Crennel. I had high hopes for the Chiefs this season and once again Crennel reminded me why he was ran out of Cleveland

But unfortunately, if both of them are sent packing this year, I doubt we land either. Manusky probably would have already bought himself one year because Grigson would probably feel guilty that he did not do more with a defensive draft. Grigson would want to give Manusky a fair shot with one more good offseason and draft before Manusky is sent packing if our D does not improve across the board.

2 seasons for Manusky thus is a given, UNLESS, we do a Texans' secondary like job from a few years ago before Wade Philips took over.

Just like Wade Philips. Maybe Rex Ryan will become our next DC after Manusky is let go and Rex gets the boot in NY??? :)

HMMMMM...I know there is a smile on the end of that....but........your points as usual are spot on.....there are some wheels a turnin....:) Good one Chad72!!

I think it's more of an environment change and also general growth as an NFL veteran. Also I have seen that there are times when you place a player in a defense that is known to be hard nosed and physical, that player will rise his game to another level so as not to be the weak link. I think he has risen his game and his mindset to the level of of his team mates on that defense.

That game last night reminded me alot of that game we played against the Bears in week 1. The Bears defense is really what wins games for them with all of those turnovers. If you don't turn the ball over against that team, you will go down to the wire with them or beat them. That's what I see.

That game last night reminded me alot of that game we played against the Bears in week 1. The Bears defense is really what wins games for them with all of those turnovers. If you don't turn the ball over against that team, you will go down to the wire with them or beat them. That's what I see.

Could have just ran the dvr krunk...HA HA! The only difference is we had real refs instead of the 'Keystone Scabs.' :)

i have been thinking of that since like last week..i think rex is out as jets HC and i wouldnt mind taking him as our DC...much better than Manusky

People have some short memories around here.

This board hated...I mean HATED Tim Jennings...including me. Jennings was a small corner who couldn't cover and made mental errors. If I recall correctly, Jennings gave up a key sideline completion in the playoff loss to the Chargers. No one shed a tear when Tim got cut loose.

Tim is playing well now but he never would have made it through the offseason with Grigson in charge. Jennings is a cover 2 zone corner. We play a hybrid scheme now that calls for a lot of man coverage.

But unfortunately, if both of them are sent packing this year, I doubt we land either. Manusky probably would have already bought himself one year because Grigson would probably feel guilty that he did not do more with a defensive draft. Grigson would want to give Manusky a fair shot with one more good offseason and draft before Manusky is sent packing if our D does not improve across the board.

2 seasons for Manusky thus is a given, UNLESS, we do a Texans' secondary like job from a few years ago before Wade Philips took over.

I think in both cases the QB will be the scapegoat and they should survive for one more year.

This board hated...I mean HATED Tim Jennings...including me. Jennings was a small corner who couldn't cover and made mental errors. If I recall correctly, Jennings gave up a key sideline completion in the playoff loss to the Chargers. No one shed a tear when Tim got cut loose.

Tim is playing well now but he never would have made it through the offseason with Grigson in charge. Jennings is a cover 2 zone corner. We play a hybrid scheme now that calls for a lot of man coverage.

Umm.....Yea about this statement right here.....I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're wrong on the fact that the Bears don't play cover 2/tampa 2 that much anymore...He does have to play man to man a decent amount.

Umm.....Yea about this statement right here.....I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're wrong on the fact that the Bears don't play cover 2/tampa 2 that much anymore...He does have to play man to man a decent amount.

Blackhawk is correct. The Bears play a more attacking Cover 2 that has made changes to meet the newest rules.

It may end up being the last Cover 2 that is solid. The Bears do tend to revert to the conservative version to 'attempt' to hold leads.

Jennings was burnt badly on several occasions last year when in 'soft' Cover 2.

Should we pin a Tim Jennings thread on the first page? I mean, my goodness, are we going to do this every time he plays, for the rest of all time?

I guess so. Not sure why this is a shock to people that he is performing well outside of the Colts system haha. I guess some just don't want to let go of the thought he was terribad when playing here. Different systems can do wonders for players.

Tim Jennings is just another player the Colts released too early.

This is his breakout year, and he's not slowing down.

I do agree with Superman, let's stop going crazy over everything he does, it's getting a bit out of hand.

Tim Jennings is just another player the Colts released too early.

This is his breakout year, and he's not slowing down.

I do agree with Superman, let's stop going crazy over everything he does, it's getting a bit out of hand.

and at the time we let him go when his contract was done just about every person on here was willing to help pack his bags to get him out of here and calling him as another "bust" by Polian. Honestly Tim Jennings was one of Colts fans favorite whipping boys for years so anyone bashing the Colts for letting Jennings go when they did needs to look no further than the fans here because they were leading the bandwagon to get him out of town.

• 1 month later...

Agreed. Used to drive me nuts watching him play 5 yards off the line and seemingly no clue of what he was doing. Hard to believe its the same guy EVERYBODY hated on

and at the time we let him go when his contract was done just about every person on here was willing to help pack his bags to get him out of here and calling him as another "bust" by Polian. Honestly Tim Jennings was one of Colts fans favorite whipping boys for years so anyone bashing the Colts for letting Jennings go when they did needs to look no further than the fans here because they were leading the bandwagon to get him out of town.

guilty..

2 INTs alone tonight...8 on the season if game ended now...just saying. Dude has really made a turnaround since leaving Indy. Of course a top notch d-line and LB corp doesn't hurt.

two more crap interceptions....one where receiver slips and the other was a awful pass by shaub or miscommunication and the ball was literally thrown right to jennings.

It does kind of kill me inside knowing we let him go.

Even though he didn't produce here, he could have if we had better defensive coaches.

Although good for Tim for doing well after a bad start to his career here.

It's not just the coaches. It's also the full compliment of players around him, all high quality players, all doing the job they are supposed to do.

It does kind of kill me inside knowing we let him go.

Even though he didn't produce here, he could have if we had better defensive coaches.

Although good for Tim for doing well after a bad start to his career here.

Just goes to show you Dungy and his coaches were a bit overrated defensively. Never understood why we had to play with a lead and why we could not produce more pressure, it was agonizing to watch, the slow death. We never had the DTs to make Frathis' impact even greater and I never understood why a coach like Gregg Williams was inclined to take more chances knowing Brees would bail him while our thought process was literally the opposite with a HOF QB we had here as well in Peyton. No risk, no reward. Coyer in his first year was like a breath of fresh air. I am glad we dont have to do that anymore.

I don't pretend to know Tim Jennings from Waylon Jennings, but in the comments I've heard from Polian.... Jennings has (a) gotten better and (B) matured as a player and person. I don't think he thought the problem was the scheme.

Take it for what you think it's worth. I'll let the rest of you discuss it amongst yourselves....

:peek::hide::giveup:

Just goes to show you Dungy and his coaches were a bit overrated defensively. Never understood why we had to play with a lead and why we could not produce more pressure, it was agonizing to watch, the slow death. We never had the DTs to make Frathis' impact even greater and I never understood why a coach like Gregg Williams was inclined to take more chances knowing Brees would bail him while our thought process was literally the opposite with a HOF QB we had here as well in Peyton. No risk, no reward. Coyer in his first year was like a breath of fresh air. I am glad we dont have to do that anymore.

& then fired as he wanted to be more aggressive but powers that be didnt like that and forced more vanilla play and now Irsay wants that agrresiveness

If I remember all correctly

I know the campaign is over and done...but it is time start a new one.......Tim Jennings is with the Chicago Bears, and is never going to the Hall of Fame. Tim Jennings is NFL General. and in General........he should be. JUST SAY NO TO A TIM JENNINGS THREAD!!!!!

He is having a great year......for the now 7-2 Bears, a 7-2 football team.

I wish Jennings well as a former Colt.......but lets quit starting new threads about the Chicago Bear's cornerback.......GO COLTS!