Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TIM Jennings

hambone35

And the other six on the season? I suppose those were all flukes too. He is legit now. Stop hating

oh sorry, i didn't know point out facts was "hating". i can't speak for all his interceptions, but both his interceptions against the panthers, which included a pick 6, were also gift wrapped for him. getting turnovers doesn't make you great...just ask cato june.

Not sure why people get lit up everytime they post something about Tim Jennings. He's a stud that we should've never gotten rid of.

? He was one of the most despised players ever, on this forum at least. Now we are all wise after the event. If I dared say it was due to the Back Office, I'd get hounded for being a Polian hater......

He's playing very well right now, good luck to the chap....

oh sorry, i didn't know point out facts was "hating". i can't speak for all his interceptions, but both his interceptions against the panthers, which included a pick 6, were also gift wrapped for him. getting turnovers doesn't make you great...just ask cato june.

So what is in your definition a manly man's interception?

Not all of his INT's have been "gift wrapped". He's made some really great plays this season. Probably why he leads the league in INT's.

Not sure why people get lit up everytime they post something about Tim Jennings. He's a stud that we should've never gotten rid of.

We didn't get rid of him. He was a free agent. We didn't re-sign him because he hadn't played well in his time here. He's not the first player to play poorly with his first team, then thrive in a different situation. And he won't be the last. I'm happy for him. I don't too much care that he's not here anymore.

I think Jennings was really brought up here (on the forum) because of our current Corner situation, Vontae not living up to expectations for one reason or another, Powers being......well who I thought he was. Up till Butler got his shot we hadn't had very good at all Corner play all year......so whats the alternative, find a Corner we used to have thats playing good

CB is now the most difficult position to play, and schemes / coaching that don't fit the players skill sets can make it even worse. I think that was the deal with Jennings here in Indy. I never saw him close to a receiver catching a ball, let alone jumping a route or in front trying defense the pass or leaping to intercept. He's done all of the latter in Chicago. Where here it was like he was told to never let anyone get behind you... ever. Even if they catch everything , just make sure it is in front of you.

I think Jennings was really brought up here (on the forum) because of our current Corner situation, Vontae not living up to expectations for one reason or another, Powers being......well who I thought he was. Up till Butler got his shot we hadn't had very good at all Corner play all year......so whats the alternative, find a Corner we used to have thats playing good

I don't understand this "Vontae hasn't lived up to expectations" talk. When he's played that side of the field has been shut down for the most part. Getting injured is part of the game, and besides that he's done well. Just because he hasn't pulled down 938574357843 interceptions doesn't mean he is bad. Nnamdi and Revis rarely ever get INT's.

Played poorly on a bad defense while he was with the Colts. Went to Chicago and joined a great defense that forces a ton of turnovers. Its natural that players will be better on good teams. More noticable on offense but definately true on defense too. Our secondary was terrible for so long that I forgot half the guys that played back there.

As everyone was saying, it's the scheme. Colts defensive backs are not allowed to play up on the receiver. For as long as I can remember, they are required to play 10 to 15 yards away, which turns into being killed with slants or curls the entire game. Super Bowl 44 is a perfect example of this. Tim Jennings is actually allowed to use his talents and play in a way that benefits him, and look what he is doing.

Not to mention, Stevie Brown is 2nd in the league in Interceptions, after a short stint with the Colts. Funny though that Tim Jennings has more turnovers than the entire Colts' defense.

As everyone was saying, it's the scheme. Colts defensive backs are not allowed to play up on the receiver. For as long as I can remember, they are required to play 10 to 15 yards away, which turns into being killed with slants or curls the entire game. Super Bowl 44 is a perfect example of this. Tim Jennings is actually allowed to use his talents and play in a way that benefits him, and look what he is doing.

Not to mention, Stevie Brown is 2nd in the league in Interceptions, after a short stint with the Colts. Funny though that Tim Jennings has more turnovers than the entire Colts' defense.

Stevie Brown Blows me away more than Jennings....good point....I saw him playing tough a couple of weeks on our 'not so special teams' then he was Never to be heard from again..............(the black hole) :)

I don't understand this "Vontae hasn't lived up to expectations" talk. When he's played that side of the field has been shut down for the most part. Getting injured is part of the game, and besides that he's done well. Just because he hasn't pulled down 938574357843 interceptions doesn't mean he is bad. Nnamdi and Revis rarely ever get INT's.

I'd settle for 1 and not 938574357843. He hasn't played up to the 2nd we gave up for him yet. I expect he will but he hasn't yet, part of that is do to injuries which obviously cant be helped and ya have to give him a pass for those obviously, they happen. But when on the field he hasn't really produced and he does get targeted, its not like he is Revis

cant evaluate Vontae until he's healthy.....and you cant judge his value against an unknown draft choice...especially when we dont know where we're drafting

if we go 9-7...our 2nd rounder loses value compared to this year's 2nd rounder

..but there's too many variables to even discuss, right?

you can evaluate his play on the field, coaches do it all the time even after a player gets injured, you dont evaluate the injury you evaluate the play pre injury and pre injury he has played average at best. He hopefully will get better but he hasn't lived up to a 2nd round pick we gave up for him no matter where we would have picked in my opinion of course, you cant judge him against an unknown draft choice I know but you can judge him based on round, I expect the more comfortable he gets and the more the scheme utilizes he strengths (man to man press coverage in my opinion) the better he will get, I wouldnt say there are to many variables, I would say we dont know all the variables because we dont know whats going on behind the scenes, All we can really see is his play on the field and how he is being utilized and his play based on that as well as injury

Jennings hasn't been with the Colts for quite some time, and the Bears scheme is what makes his play elevate.

I'd actually say it's the other way around. The Colts scheme is what hindered him. The guy has ball skills and is a play maker. The Colts told him to play 10 yards off the receiver every snap and play passive. The Bears actually let him be a cornerback, whereas the Colts told him to be an undersized linebacker that makes tackles after short completions.

Hopefully Darius Butler can do the same thing Tim Jennings did. Both 2nd round picks both got cut from their teams, Butler has two picks for us in his first game as a starter. He's about to get his chance with Powers gone for the year so we will find out soon enough if a change of scenery elevates his play