Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Send Coach Pagano YOUR thoughts (web and mail)

ColtsPacersfan

Just heard this on the local radio station. You can send cards/thoughts/NO FLOWERS to the Colts Complex for Coach Pagano: 7001 West 56th Street Indianapolis, IN 46254

Mod edit: I've renamed the title of the thread, and this will be the "Get Well" thread for our forum until further notice. The admins will also be forwarding these thoughts and well wishes to the Pagano family. -- Superman

Edited by Superman
edited title

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I remeber when the incident with Dungys son happened the mods at the time opened a several month long thread for well wishes for the Dungys and made sure Tony got a copy of it. Any reason why we can't do that for coach pagano?

No reason we can't make this the official "Get Well" thread. I've pinned it, and I'm also going to edit the title.

Dear Mr Pagano!

When Yo signed for Indianapolis Colts as Head Coach, You've became a member of Colts Family. This family stays strong and stands behind You in this tough period of Your life.

As member of this family I wish You speed healing, and I hope You will return to the team as soon as possible!

Get well and be ChuckStrong as always!

Sincerely Yours:

HCF

Prayers for speedy recovery for you Mr. Pagano. I know somebody else on medication for same, and they are a light and inspiration for the rest of us, even in their more trying days.

Mr. Coach Pagano, loads of love and prayers going your way, for you and your family. May GOD be with all of you during this fight. Bruce will take care of our beloved COLTS while you are away. GOD BLESS.

Dear Coach Pagano,

I heard about your news and wanted to send a quick note of encouragement. We have a healthy, beautiful 17 year old son, who is the middle child between his sisters. Out of the blue he was diagnosed with AML in May of this year. Thats the way it happens. He is a competitve HS swimmer in great physical shape and was finishing his junior year when he self-diagnosed himself with AML. He noticed red spots and bruising and insisted something was wrong. He felt fine, but he thought it was just odd. We took him to our family Doctor on Monday and on Thursday he was having his first Bone Marrow biopsy and spinal. So the fight began for us. We have gone through and continue to go through every possible emotion. Like a lot of us say, you dont choose AML, but you choose how you fight it. We strongly believe in prayer and positive thinking to beat this thing. Our son was fortunate to have the right genetic make up and was placed in the low risk category. He just began his 4th round of chemo and it will be a tough one, but we have the hopeit is his last.

One of the biggest lessons we learned for you and your family is to communicate in a central location. We created a page to communicate updates and let others offer well wishes. It is extremely draining to tell and retell your story from the beginning. Everyone cares and wants to help, but you and your family need strength to fight this around the clock. I am guessing this is happening through the Colts, but it is very important to keep everyone from going crazy and deposit thoughts on a site. Second, push for and take as many breaks from the hospital as they will allow. As long as your counts are high enough, you should be able to receive a day pass. You will be in the hospital long enough, so take those breaks. During your breaks between inductions, get away from everything. We spent time at the beach, went to some professional sports and just hung out at home. Wash your hands/santize all of the time and make sure everyone that enters your room does the same thing. When your counts drop to zero, the smallest bacteria can cause a big problem. Let your friends and family help. You cannot do this alone. We have friends that cook clean and cut the grass. It feels awkward at first, but this helps them deal with the situation as much as it helps you. Last one for now, don't read everything on the interent. Theres more crap than quality out there. Believe in your Doctors, your Family and your God...its a terrific combination. Thats all for now, I'm off to the hospital...stay strong!

Coach Chuck you are in my prayers. May God strengthen you & your family and see you all through this. Take the time you need to get better. I've personally lost a mother and grandfather to Cancer so I am familiar with the pain & grief that this disease causes. However, through whatever you might face God's love is great and His grace is sufficient. Trust in Him.

I am confident that your Colts will continue to take care of their business in a manner that honors you and us fans will continue to hold them up as they do. God Bless you Coach...ColtStrong!!!

I'm a Steelers fan living in Indy...but I want to send my fondest regards and best get well wishes to Coach Pagano. Like your style. Like your choice of Offensive Coordinator, as well. You definitely have what it takes to fight this and win and we're all behind you. The team's in good hands until your return...so you concentrate on your game plan for beating this thing. See you in the AFC Championship game one of these day.

Dear coach pagano

As my birthday is today ( like yours) I was going to wish for the colts to win the superbowl this year. But when I heard about you, I've decided that I should wish for you and everyone that has cancer to beat and overcome it. My prayers are with your family and I hope like many of my colts brothers and sisters, you can come back onto the field with full strength, and like your cancer, you beat down any team that stands in your way.

Coltstrong and chuckstrong.

I am a 10 year survivor of Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia and am in complete remission. I was diagnosed at the age of 29 and spent 30 days in the hospital plus over a year of follow up therapies. Coach, if you were like me, once you heard the word "leukemia", you thought the absolute worst. However, even though this will probably be the most challenging thing, both physically and mentally, you will ever face, APL can be beat. I am proof of that. I will be praying for you and your family as you go through this time of your life.

Coach,

You haven't been with us for very long, but long enough for Colts Nation to know that you're a fighter. You have the support from thousands of fans around the league rooting for you. You win your battle and the team will take care of business while you're away. God Speed #ChuckStrong

Keeping you and your family in my prayers as you all face this new challenge in your lives. Hope to see you back on the sideline as soon as possible. Keep the faith, and may God bless.

Edited by Superman

Coach, you and your family are in my prayers. Can't wait till you're back on the sidelines coaching our team. Until then, concentrate on fighting this disease and kicking the crap out of it. Football will wait and so will all of us fans. Looking forward till this is all behind you and getting back to doing what you were hired for.