Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manti Te'o

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember when I said Manti Teo is going to be better than Pat Willis at the beginning of the year and everyone laughed at me? who's laughin now?
Anyone who has watched ND play with an unbiased eye. That statement... :facepalm:

There are no words for how ridiculous that statement is, even after he had a season with a few lucky INTs and a good team.

Anyone who has watched ND play with an unbiased eye. That statement... :facepalm:

There are no words for how ridiculous that statement is, even after he had a season with a few lucky INTs and a good team.

I think your down playing Te'o a bit too much. He is a superb player who the Colts won't have a chance of getting anyways so I guess as of now this thread is kind of a moot point.

You gotta give the kid some credit though, one of the best LBs out there and I do think he will have a shot to be a top LB in the pros.

The guy is an absolute physical freak.

I think your down playing Te'o a bit too much. He is a superb player who the Colts won't have a chance of getting anyways so I guess as of now this thread is kind of a moot point.

You gotta give the kid some credit though, one of the best LBs out there and I do think he will have a shot to be a top LB in the pros.

The guy is an absolute physical freak.

He won't be a top LB in the pros. He's an okay prospect who has has many lucky interceptions. Not impressed by him at all. Watching him struggle to get off any blocks at all, his inconsistent tackling, lack of athleticism, lack of any pass rush moves, etc. says he isn't a great prospect, just a good story.

As for the bold- What?

He won't be a top LB in the pros. He's an okay prospect who has has many lucky interceptions. Not impressed by him at all. Watching him struggle to get off any blocks at all, his inconsistent tackling, lack of athleticism, lack of any pass rush moves, etc. says he isn't a great prospect, just a good story.

As for the bold- What?

You may be right, but as of now, your view is at sharp odds with people who do this for a living.   They seem to view Teo in the exact opposite way.

They see him on par with Keuchly.   His one perceived weakness going into this year was pass coverage.   He dropped 8-10 pounds and picked off 7 passes.    Now he's viewed as a 3-down inside linebacker who doesn't have to come off the field.  

I wouldn't bet on him not being a top ILB in the pros.

You may be right, but as of now, your view is at sharp odds with people who do this for a living.   They seem to view Teo in the exact opposite way.

They see him on par with Keuchly.   His one perceived weakness going into this year was pass coverage.   He dropped 8-10 pounds and picked off 7 passes.    Now he's viewed as a 3-down inside linebacker who doesn't have to come off the field.  

I wouldn't bet on him not being a top ILB in the pros.

I would... 

Teo is a "great" college football LBr.      This season, he had the BEST DL in NCAA football in front of him.,.      L Nix is the true STAR of that D.

But that said... ALL great MLBrs are only as good as their interior D.    And that is simply a fact.

Buyer beware... 

I would... 

Teo is a "great" college football LBr.      This season, he had the BEST DL in NCAA football in front of him.,.      L Nix is the true STAR of that D.

But that said... ALL great MLBrs are only as good as their interior D.    And that is simply a fact.

Buyer beware... 

and not every great NCAA player becomes a great pro

see:

Eric Crouch,Jason White, Danny Wuerffel, Gino Torretta, Andre Ware, and Troy Smith

I would... 

Buyer beware... 

So, if this season, the reason he was so good was that he had a great DL in front of him...

What is the excuse why he was so good as a Freshman, Sophomore and Junior?    Because the defense in front of him in those years wasn't as good as this year's DL.

So, if this season, the reason he was so good was that he had a great DL in front of him...

What is the excuse why he was so good as a Freshman, Sophomore and Junior? Because the defense in front of him in those years wasn't as good as this year's DL.

It was this season that his stock skyrocketed. He was a late first rounder before the hype began. Unfortunately for some team, said team will listen to the hype and take him way too high.

I could see Teo going anywhere from 7th(Buffalo seriously needs a ILB) to late first to where Baltimore will need there future ILB, The combo of Suggs, Teo, Mcclain or Upshaw, Kruger could be a very good Linebacker core going forward if Suggs returns to his usual form next year and if Lewis retires, if Lewis dont then put Teo next to Lewis for a year and try rotating Upshaw in with Kruger

I would... 

Buyer beware... 

Actually Stephon Tuitt is the best player on their defense.

As for the bold- What?

Dude you are lik the worst draft analyst on this forum.

Remember all the crap you were talking about Casey Heyward.

How do you have 7 Lucky Interception...cmon bro.

I could see Teo going anywhere from 7th(Buffalo seriously needs a ILB) to late first to where Baltimore will need there future ILB, The combo of Suggs, Teo, Mcclain or Upshaw, Kruger could be a very good Linebacker core going forward if Suggs returns to his usual form next year and if Lewis retires, if Lewis dont then put Teo next to Lewis for a year and try rotating Upshaw in with Kruger

I think if the draft were tomorrow he'd be drafted top 5 either by someone in the top 5 or someone trading into the top 5.

By April, who knows.