•  

Photo

Manti Te'o

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#81 coltsguy510

coltsguy510

Military Brats FTW!!!

• 1185 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

remember when I said Manti Teo is going to be better than Pat Willis at the beginning of the year and everyone laughed at me? who's laughin now?
You also said that Te'o has the ability to run a sub 4.4 40. You are still wrong.
Keep Building The Monster Grigson!!!!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#82 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4675 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

remember when I said Manti Teo is going to be better than Pat Willis at the beginning of the year and everyone laughed at me? who's laughin now?
Anyone who has watched ND play with an unbiased eye. That statement... :facepalm:
There are no words for how ridiculous that statement is, even after he had a season with a few lucky INTs and a good team.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#83 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8492 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

by draft time i wouldn't be surprised to see alec ogletree rated above te'o

#84 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6338 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Anyone who has watched ND play with an unbiased eye. That statement... :facepalm:
There are no words for how ridiculous that statement is, even after he had a season with a few lucky INTs and a good team.
I think your down playing Te'o a bit too much. He is a superb player who the Colts won't have a chance of getting anyways so I guess as of now this thread is kind of a moot point.

You gotta give the kid some credit though, one of the best LBs out there and I do think he will have a shot to be a top LB in the pros.

The guy is an absolute physical freak.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#85 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4675 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I think your down playing Te'o a bit too much. He is a superb player who the Colts won't have a chance of getting anyways so I guess as of now this thread is kind of a moot point.

You gotta give the kid some credit though, one of the best LBs out there and I do think he will have a shot to be a top LB in the pros.

The guy is an absolute physical freak.
He won't be a top LB in the pros. He's an okay prospect who has has many lucky interceptions. Not impressed by him at all. Watching him struggle to get off any blocks at all, his inconsistent tackling, lack of athleticism, lack of any pass rush moves, etc. says he isn't a great prospect, just a good story.
As for the bold- What?

#86 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6653 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

by draft time i wouldn't be surprised to see alec ogletree rated above te'o

I think we'll all be very surprised if Ogletree is rated higher than Teo....    Very,.

Ogeltree maybe good,  but I don't think he's close to being **that** good.

Just my two cents...

#87 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6653 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

He won't be a top LB in the pros. He's an okay prospect who has has many lucky interceptions. Not impressed by him at all. Watching him struggle to get off any blocks at all, his inconsistent tackling, lack of athleticism, lack of any pass rush moves, etc. says he isn't a great prospect, just a good story.
As for the bold- What?

You may be right, but as of now, your view is at sharp odds with people who do this for a living.   They seem to view Teo in the exact opposite way.

They see him on par with Keuchly.   His one perceived weakness going into this year was pass coverage.   He dropped 8-10 pounds and picked off 7 passes.    Now he's viewed as a 3-down inside linebacker who doesn't have to come off the field.  

I wouldn't bet on him not being a top ILB in the pros.

#88 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11323 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

So many things can happen between now and draft day

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#89 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5567 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

You may be right, but as of now, your view is at sharp odds with people who do this for a living.   They seem to view Teo in the exact opposite way.

They see him on par with Keuchly.   His one perceived weakness going into this year was pass coverage.   He dropped 8-10 pounds and picked off 7 passes.    Now he's viewed as a 3-down inside linebacker who doesn't have to come off the field.  

I wouldn't bet on him not being a top ILB in the pros.

I would... 

Teo is a "great" college football LBr.      This season, he had the BEST DL in NCAA football in front of him.,.      L Nix is the true STAR of that D.

But that said... ALL great MLBrs are only as good as their interior D.    And that is simply a fact.

Buyer beware... 

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#90 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11323 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I would... 

Teo is a "great" college football LBr.      This season, he had the BEST DL in NCAA football in front of him.,.      L Nix is the true STAR of that D.

But that said... ALL great MLBrs are only as good as their interior D.    And that is simply a fact.

Buyer beware... 

and not every great NCAA player becomes a great pro

see:

Eric Crouch,Jason White, Danny Wuerffel, Gino Torretta, Andre Ware, and Troy Smith

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#91 chad72

chad72
  • 8414 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

In our D, Manti Te'o might be a WLB if Freeman continues to play at his level. Angerer or Conner might become dispensable then, IMO.

#92 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6653 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

I would... 

Buyer beware... 

So, if this season, the reason he was so good was that he had a great DL in front of him...

What is the excuse why he was so good as a Freshman, Sophomore and Junior?    Because the defense in front of him in those years wasn't as good as this year's DL.

#93 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4675 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

So, if this season, the reason he was so good was that he had a great DL in front of him...

What is the excuse why he was so good as a Freshman, Sophomore and Junior? Because the defense in front of him in those years wasn't as good as this year's DL.
It was this season that his stock skyrocketed. He was a late first rounder before the hype began. Unfortunately for some team, said team will listen to the hype and take him way too high.

#94 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16309 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

I could see Teo going anywhere from 7th(Buffalo seriously needs a ILB) to late first to where Baltimore will need there future ILB, The combo of Suggs, Teo, Mcclain or Upshaw, Kruger could be a very good Linebacker core going forward if Suggs returns to his usual form next year and if Lewis retires, if Lewis dont then put Teo next to Lewis for a year and try rotating Upshaw in with Kruger

#95 Truckin Sanders

Truckin Sanders
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

I would... 

Buyer beware... 

Actually Stephon Tuitt is the best player on their defense.
Playoffs 2015

#96 Freeupfreeney

Freeupfreeney
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

As for the bold- What?

Dude you are lik the worst draft analyst on this forum.

Remember all the crap you were talking about Casey Heyward.

How do you have 7 Lucky Interception...cmon bro.

#97 krunk

krunk
  • 3103 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

I think Alec Ogletree would make a good tandem with Jerrel Freeman.  Ogletree needs to put on a couple more pounds though I think

#98 spoonfish

spoonfish
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

I could see Teo going anywhere from 7th(Buffalo seriously needs a ILB) to late first to where Baltimore will need there future ILB, The combo of Suggs, Teo, Mcclain or Upshaw, Kruger could be a very good Linebacker core going forward if Suggs returns to his usual form next year and if Lewis retires, if Lewis dont then put Teo next to Lewis for a year and try rotating Upshaw in with Kruger

I think if the draft were tomorrow he'd be drafted top 5 either by someone in the top 5 or someone trading into the top 5.

By April, who knows. 

"Now is the time to heed the timeless advice from Teddy Roosevelt, "Speak softly and carry a big stick". I promise you, the President has a big stick". --Joe Biden

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates