Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manti Te'o

I know that MLB isn't a huge need for us right now, but I feel like so far Te'o has been one of the top 2 defensive players in the country. He is averaging 9 TPG right now. He is a tough, emotional player who could become the quarterback of this defense. If we were picking in the 8-12 range, I would love to grab him. The only other players that I want and think will be available and a good value at that point are Eric Reid and Bjoern Werner. I think that Te'o's leadership, intensity, speed, and power will make him a dominating force in the league for years to come.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like him but unless we want to take a risk of either having the same starting O Line lineup next year or we bring in (what looks like to this point)some second rate(for the most part) O Lineman we need to draft a Guard or Tackle and if Im drafting Im drafting both(unfortunately for me Im not)

Even if Teo is the next Patrick Willis, I still wouldn't pick him over an elite offensive lineman or defensive lineman.

Especially in today's passing league, linebacker is the absolute least important defensive position, behind defensive line and defensive back. And considering ILB is a strength for us, I'd see it hard to justify taking an early ILB.

No way, we have Connor, Angerer, Freeney, Mathis, and the emerging Freeman and maybe even Hughes for linebackers right now, we are set there. The guy is good, but he is not a need, we need a DT, a run stopping DT, think about this, we face MJD, Foster, and Chris Johnson for 6 games. Now Johnson isn't performing well, but he still picks of quite a bit of yards against us, he sucks the whole year, but breaks out against us. If we draft a DT with our first round pick, or even trade down to get the #1 Dt prospect I would love it. Star Lotulelei, for god sake, the guys first name is STAR, that says it all lol. Johnathon Hankins, John Jenkins. We need one of these guys.

For our 2nd round pick (I think we traded this pick away to get Davis, but hopefully we can get a pick in a trade) Maybe trade our 1st round pick and get a later first round pick, a 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick, we need help on the O-Line, I'm thinking the best available offensive guard, our Tackles aren't looking too bad, it's our guards that our breaking the chain, we need good guards so we can run the ball.

For our 2 3rd round picks (If we make the trade)- Montee Ball. I hate Donald Brown, he drops open passes, and he isn't a good back, I'm hoping Montee Ball drops to the 3rd round and we swoop him up, all of these picks are very possible, I have a feeling teams will be focusing on defense big time for the first 2 rounds, which means, players like Ball, and receiver Justin Hunter will fall in draft stock. For our other 3rd round pick IF we make a trade- If what I predict is right about teams focusing on defense, then we should be able to to take Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, or DeAndre Hopkins.

With these picks we have a TEAM. The other picks we have I'll leave that to Grigson and the others. But this is what we should do in the first 3 rounds. We get our DT, an O-line, RB, and a Receiver to complement Wayne and Avery since Collie's career is pretty much over. Which will also spread the field out for Fleener and Dwayne Allen.

No way, we have Connor, Angerer, Freeney, Mathis, and the emerging Freeman and maybe even Hughes for linebackers right now, we are set there. The guy is good, but he is not a need, we need a DT, a run stopping DT, think about this, we face MJD, Foster, and Chris Johnson for 6 games. Now Johnson isn't performing well, but he still picks of quite a bit of yards against us, he sucks the whole year, but breaks out against us. If we draft a DT with our first round pick, or even trade down to get the #1 Dt prospect I would love it. Star Lotulelei, for god sake, the guys first name is STAR, that says it all lol. Johnathon Hankins, John Jenkins. We need one of these guys.

For our 2nd round pick (I think we traded this pick away to get Davis, but hopefully we can get a pick in a trade) Maybe trade our 1st round pick and get a later first round pick, a 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick, we need help on the O-Line, I'm thinking the best available offensive guard, our Tackles aren't looking too bad, it's our guards that our breaking the chain, we need good guards so we can run the ball.

For our 2 3rd round picks (If we make the trade)- Montee Ball. I hate Donald Brown, he drops open passes, and he isn't a good back, I'm hoping Montee Ball drops to the 3rd round and we swoop him up, all of these picks are very possible, I have a feeling teams will be focusing on defense big time for the first 2 rounds, which means, players like Ball, and receiver Justin Hunter will fall in draft stock. For our other 3rd round pick IF we make a trade- If what I predict is right about teams focusing on defense, then we should be able to to take Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, or DeAndre Hopkins.

With these picks we have a TEAM. The other picks we have I'll leave that to Grigson and the others. But this is what we should do in the first 3 rounds. We get our DT, an O-line, RB, and a Receiver to complement Wayne and Avery since Collie's career is pretty much over. Which will also spread the field out for Fleener and Dwayne Allen.

Hmmm... Out of all the needs the Colts have, you think RB is our 2nd biggest need???

I think its laughable when some say our O Line is terrible and then turn right around and say our running backs are terrible to especially when our starting running back ran for 2083 yards his senior year in college on 367 carries (5.7 ypc) he also had 5.4 ypc in 3 years

No way Hunter will be available in the 3rd. Brown is a good back, but our O-line just sucks.

@Mouthfire I said 3rd round, that would be 3rd biggest need, and yes, we need a runningback.

@Gavin Wow he ran that many yards in college? This is the pros, not college that 5.7 yards per carry means nothing in the pros. And yea I said our Guards are terrible, not our entire O-Line, even if we had great guards we still wouldn't have a run game, because like I said Donald Brown=garbage. Drops open passes too. Guess what, the Browns have a terrible line, but Richardson still produces, which is why we need a runningback, Brown is a decent back, but we need a GOOD back, not DECENT, we haven't broke 1000 rush yards for 5 years, when Addai was actually good, and not dancing for negative yards in the backfield.

@ColtsGuy510 Thats why I listed 2 other receivers we could get.

If u guys really want to deal with a decent runningback like Brown, and make Luck throw over 40 times a game while giving Brown only 14 carries a game cause he doesn't do anything, be my guest, looks like we will have another QB that will need surgery soon. If we don't get a run game, Luck won't last long, at least Peyton had Faulk and Edge, sure Donald Brown has roughly the same amount of yards per carry as them, he also has about half the attempts.

If u guys really want to deal with a decent runningback like Brown, and make Luck throw over 40 times a game while giving Brown only 14 carries a game cause he doesn't do anything, be my guest, looks like we will have another QB that will need surgery soon. If we don't get a run game, Luck won't last long, at least Peyton had Faulk and Edge, sure Donald Brown has roughly the same amount of yards per carry as them, he also has about half the attempts.

Are you so sure that the problem is DB?

See my analysis of DB and the offensive line in the other thread. DB gets hit being the line of scrimmage about 35% of the time, compared to about 20% as with missy other teams. That's almost twice as much. Even more telling is that when he does get to the LOS cleanly, he performs almost as well as Adrian Peterson, and sometimes even better.

So, are you really sure that DB is the problem?

I think it's way, way too early to say we're "set" at ILB. We haven't seen Angerer play a full regular season game in the new system. Many of the runs that have been broken against our defense have been due to poor gap discipline by the LB's and Safeties. Right now it's difficult to say I'd want to pick up Te'o with our first round pick but that also greatly depends on what we do in free agency this coming off season.

Also, to those who believe that LB is the least important position...tell that to the Ravens, 49'ers, Bears, Panthers, Packers etc. Having a solid DL in the 3-4 is important so that they can occupy blockers and keep the LB's free. However, that doesn't mean much if the LB's overpursue, take poor angles, miss assignments etc.

Again, I'm not saying that ILB is our biggest need...far from it. But if, when draft time comes around and when the colts are picking, if they have Te'o as their highest rated player on their board and they take him with a first round pick, I'm not at all going to be upset. If that is the case though, I would hope that would mean that the OL was highly addressed in free agency.

Are you so sure that the problem is DB?

See my analysis of DB and the offensive line in the other thread. DB gets hit being the line of scrimmage about 35% of the time, compared to about 20% as with missy other teams. That's almost twice as much. Even more telling is that when he does get to the LOS cleanly, he performs almost as well as Adrian Peterson, and sometimes even better.

So, are you really sure that DB is the problem?

Had to make a new account cause my other one ran out of posts for today....

Yes I'm sure, although we do need a guard for our O-Line which would help our run game, Brown doesn't do anything in the redzone for us, he never breaks 100 yards rushing in a game, he doesn't break many tackles, he drops open passes. He can pass block better than our other backs, which is nice, I'm not saying discard him completely, but he is not starter material. I believe Montee Ball has a lot of potential, and if we can draft him in the 3rd round, and balance out our offense a little more, then we can get things in gear and run this division again. Like I said, Brown isn't terrible, he is decent, but I want a GOOD runningback, I don't want to deal with DECENT with a new QB in here, Peyton had a run game when he came here, look how he turned us around. I say if Brown doesn't break 900 yards this season and get at least 6 TD's rushing we draft Ball if he is available. Hard to do with our guards, but other runningbacks do it, Richardson will get over 1000 yards rushing I bet, and look at his O-line, they are 10 times worse than us.

Had to make a new account cause my other one ran out of posts for today....

Yes I'm sure, although we do need a guard for our O-Line which would help our run game, Brown doesn't do anything in the redzone for us, he never breaks 100 yards rushing in a game, he doesn't break many tackles, he drops open passes. He can pass block better than our other backs, which is nice, I'm not saying discard him completely, but he is not starter material. I believe Montee Ball has a lot of potential, and if we can draft him in the 3rd round, and balance out our offense a little more, then we can get things in gear and run this division again. Like I said, Brown isn't terrible, he is decent, but I want a GOOD runningback, I don't want to deal with DECENT with a new QB in here, Peyton had a run game when he came here, look how he turned us around. I say if Brown doesn't break 900 yards this season and get at least 6 TD's rushing we draft Ball if he is available. Hard to do with our guards, but other runningbacks do it, Richardson will get over 1000 yards rushing I bet, and look at his O-line, they are 10 times worse than us.

Brown is a good back!!!!! Our line just never creates holes!! I'll name positions that are a bigger need than RB. S, OLB, NT, DE, OLB, OG, OT, a #1 WR, and CB. The only positions we don't need QB, #2 and slot WR, and C.

@ColtsGuy510 Keep telling urself that, if he is sooo good, tell me why every year we draft a runningback?

We need a safety? Yet we have Bethea and Zibby, who are both good, don't even blame them for that loss to Jacksonville, that was all Sergio Brown.

An outside linebacker, but we have Mathis, Freeney, and Hughes, Freeney, and Mathis who are getting older, yet we don't need to replace them yet.

DT which I agree, and said that should be our #1 pick, Guard, which I said should be our 2nd pick.

Defensive End, sort of agree, but rather have Ball and a receiver, Moala will be fine if we get a good DT, and Redding already is good

Tackle, which we just traded for in Justice, and Drafted 2 years ago in Castonzo who are both doing just fine? i think we are good there.

We need a #1 receiver but we have Wayne for about 3 more years?

A Cornerback, which we traded for Davis and we have Powers. Nope Sorry still stand by what I said, trade our first pick to gain a later 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick, draft a DT, a Guard, Then Ball, Then a receiver.

@Mouthfire I said 3rd round, that would be 3rd biggest need, and yes, we need a runningback.

@Gavin Wow he ran that many yards in college? This is the pros, not college that 5.7 yards per carry means nothing in the pros. And yea I said our Guards are terrible, not our entire O-Line, even if we had great guards we still wouldn't have a run game, because like I said Donald Brown=garbage. Drops open passes too. Guess what, the Browns have a terrible line, but Richardson still produces, which is why we need a runningback, Brown is a decent back, but we need a GOOD back, not DECENT, we haven't broke 1000 rush yards for 5 years, when Addai was actually good, and not dancing for negative yards in the backfield.

@ColtsGuy510 Thats why I listed 2 other receivers we could get.

we are talking about the same Richardson who has averaged 3.5 ypc right on 64 carries for 222 yards right? vs Browns 43 carries 155 yards(thats 21 less carries) Richardson carries the ball an average of 21.3 times per game vs Browns 14.3 carries per game also Browns ypc is 3.6 so he is rushing for more yards per attempt but far less carries

By the way having far less carries, should mean that Brown should have way better YPC numbers than Richardson, which he is only up by .1, so if ur arguing saying Brown is as good as Richardson, that argument is way off compared to the stats u just gave. What ur stats show is that Brown is almost half as good as Richardson, half as good as a ROOKIE? Even worse, a ROOKIE with a WORSE O-LINE than us?? I mean if that's what u want on our team then ok, but I for one do not want that.

Does anybody know if Tyrann Mathieu is still eligible for the draft, even after being kicked off the team? If so is he entering or finishing his degree?

@ColtsGuy510 Keep telling urself that, if he is sooo good, tell me why every year we draft a runningback?

We need a safety? Yet we have Bethea and Zibby, who are both good, don't even blame them for that loss to Jacksonville, that was all Sergio Brown.

An outside linebacker, but we have Mathis, Freeney, and Hughes, Freeney, and Mathis who are getting older, yet we don't need to replace them yet.

DT which I agree, and said that should be our #1 pick, Guard, which I said should be our 2nd pick.

Defensive End, sort of agree, but rather have Ball and a receiver, Moala will be fine if we get a good DT, and Redding already is good

Tackle, which we just traded for in Justice, and Drafted 2 years ago in Castonzo who are both doing just fine? i think we are good there.

We need a #1 receiver but we have Wayne for about 3 more years?

A Cornerback, which we traded for Davis and we have Powers. Nope Sorry still stand by what I said, trade our first pick to gain a later 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick, draft a DT, a Guard, Then Ball, Then a receiver.

Powers is much more suited as a nickel corner, not a #2 corner. We need a replacement for Wayne. Freeneys contract ends next year and Hughes hasn't made me think that we shouldn't draft a OLB. Zibby is not good at all. Justice is not a long term answer. I just countered all of your arguments.

By the way having far less carries, should mean that Brown should have way better YPC numbers than Richardson, which he is only up by .1, so if ur arguing saying Brown is as good as Richardson, that argument is way off compared to the stats u just gave. What ur stats show is that Brown is almost half as good as Richardson, half as good as a ROOKIE? Even worse, a ROOKIE with a WORSE O-LINE than us?? I mean if that's what u want on our team then ok, but I for one do not want that.

Does anybody know if Tyrann Mathieu is still eligible for the draft, even after being kicked off the team? If so is he entering or finishing his degree?

Did you seriously say that the Browns have a worse oline than us? That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever hear!!

@ColtsGuy Those really weren't counter arguments, sorry to burst ur bubble. Sorry, but isn't this post about THIS years draft? We need a replacement for Wayne? Who will be back next year, and probably the year after that. Justice is doing fine, we don't need to replace him yet either. Freeney, he will probably re-sign, why wouldn't he? Zibby's not good at all??? Why did Pagano want him then? He played for the Ravens, under Pagano, who have had a top 5 D forever.

@Gavin A whole 4? Thats 3 more than Brown, with a worse line, what about the other questions I asked, a lot more than Brown would be the answer.

@ColtsGuy Yea they do have a worse line, How many times was McCoy hit last year? And Weeden has been hit almost every play this year, I don't see how u say our O-line is worse than the Browns, they might as well not even have anyone in front of Weeden that's how bad it is. If u disagree, u haven't seen any part of their games.Or ur just trying to talk down ur own team, just to talk up one player to try and prove me wrong, which isn't happening, because every football fan knows the Browns have the most pitiful line in the league.

I'm done fighting all these battles with u guys, waste of time since none of us have control over it anyway, I'll just let u guys deal with ur perfect runningback who will once again, not do anything this year.

@ColtsGuy Those really weren't counter arguments, sorry to burst ur bubble. Sorry, but isn't this post about THIS years draft? We need a replacement for Wayne? Who will be back next year, and probably the year after that. Justice is doing fine, we don't need to replace him yet either. Freeney, he will probably re-sign, why wouldn't he? Zibby's not good at all??? Why did Pagano want him then? He played for the Ravens, under Pagano, who have had a top 5 D forever.

@Gavin A whole 4? Thats 3 more than Brown, with a worse line, what about the other questions I asked, a lot more than Brown would be the answer.

@ColtsGuy Yea they do have a worse line, How many times was McCoy hit last year? And Weeden has been hit almost every play this year, I don't see how u say our O-line is worse than the Browns, they might as well not even have anyone in front of Weeden that's how bad it is. If u disagree, u haven't seen any part of their games.Or ur just trying to talk down ur own team, just to talk up one player to try and prove me wrong, which isn't happening, because every football fan knows the Browns have the most pitiful line in the league.

I'm done fighting all these battles with u guys, waste of time since none of us have control over it anyway, I'll just let u guys deal with ur perfect runningback who will once again, not do anything this year.

They have one of the best Tackles in the league, a promising RT in Schwartz, and have a top 5 center in Alex Mack!!! Pagano was wrong about Zib!! He has been horrible!! Freeney wouldn't resign because he wants a big contract!!! We still would want someone to replace Freeney anyways. I never said Justice hasn't been fine, I said that he's the long term answer.

Brown doesn't do anything in the redzone for us, he never breaks 100 yards rushing in a game, he doesn't break many tackles, he drops open passes.

That's reasoning that really doesn't quite hold up, from both a statistical and game film standpoint.

Point by point:

1) Redzone running is often more a function of the run blocking than the actual running back itself. If you pay very careful attention to the run blocking of a top offensive line, like the Vikings, their blocking is very cohesive , they create clean holes to run through, and they have so much push, that often a new line of scrimmage is formed a yard or two down. All of these are of utmost importance in goal line running. On the other hand, if you watch the Colts offensive line, the defense usually gets tons of penetration and if anything, the offensive line is usually pushed backwards. It's not a huge wonder why we can't run in the redzone.

2) Regarding gaining a 100 yards per game, I'm pretty sure most running backs would have problems gaining a 100 yds per game with our offensive line. Please see this thread:

http://forums.colts....w/page__st__120

When hit behind the LOS, Donald Brown averages 0.33 YPC. When hit at the LOS or beyond, he averages 4.3 YPC.

Compared to Adrian Peterson, when hit behind the LOS, Peterson averages 0.33 YPC. When hit at the LOS or beyond, he averages 4.6 YPC.

As you can see, there's not a whole lot of difference there. The real difference is that Donald gets hit behind the LOS ~35% of the time. Peterson gets hit behind the LOS 20% of the time.

Again, the real difference is the offensive line.

3) Regarding not being able to break tackles, here is the rundown of Donald's last game. I highlighted the runs where he picked up extra yards after contact:

1st Quarter

Hit at LOS for +2 yd

Hit 3 yd after LOS for +3 yd

2nd Quarter

HIt 5 yd after LOS for +9 yd

Hit -3 yd behind LOS for -2 yd

Hit 2 yd after LOS for +4 yd

3rd Quarter

Hit -1 yd behind LOS for no gain

Hit 8 yd after LOS for +8 yd

Hit -1 yd behind LOS for no gain

Hit 1 yd after LOS for +4 yd

4th Quarter

Hit 2 yd after LOS for +4 yd

Hit 2 yd after LOS for +6 yd

Hit 4 yd after LOS for +9 yd

HIt 1 yd after LOS for +1 yd

Hit -1 yd behind LOS for +3 yd

Hit -2 yd behind LOS for +2 yd

HIt at LOS for +1 yd

Hit -1 behind LOS for +1 yd

Hit 1 after LOS for for +7 yd

As you can see, he picked up extra yards after contact the vast majority of his carries.

When hit at the LOS or beyond (6 carries), he averaged an extra 4.5 yards after contact.

When hit behind the LOS (6 carries, which is the offensive line's faults, btw), he still picked up an extra 2.2 yards after contact.

That doesn't sound like someone who can't break tackles....

He can pass block better than our other backs, which is nice, I'm not saying discard him completely, but he is not starter material. I believe Montee Ball has a lot of potential, and if we can draft him in the 3rd round, and balance out our offense a little more, then we can get things in gear and run this division again. Like I said, Brown isn't terrible, he is decent, but I want a GOOD runningback, I don't want to deal with DECENT with a new QB in here, Peyton had a run game when he came here, look how he turned us around. I say if Brown doesn't break 900 yards this season and get at least 6 TD's rushing we draft Ball if he is available. Hard to do with our guards, but other runningbacks do it, Richardson will get over 1000 yards rushing I bet, and look at his O-line, they are 10 times worse than us.

Again, I'll reiterate: Montee Ball will do just as poorly behind our offensive line. Why do I say this? Because if you take Adrian Peterson's numbers (who is a much better back than Ball), but estimate his numbers based on getting hit 35% of the time instead of the 20% he usually gets, his numbers look pretty similar to Donald's.

And I agree with the other poster:.... our offensive line is much worse than the Browns.

Browns O Line has given up 22 QB hits compared to our 15 also the Browns have given up 9 sacks compared to our 5 BUT none of that is taking into consideration QB escapability which Luck has much more then Weeden so you look to the Browns rushing totals in which they have rushed for a total of 75

times for 305 yards not to mention they have a Pro Bowler in Joe Thomas on there team (dont remember if Alex Mack has been a Pro Bowler or not), The Colts have rushed for 74 times for 271 yards, Just looking at the Coaches Film on NFL Rewind you see how atrocious and inconsistent our run blocking has been especially when trying to Drive Block they rarely get ANY push by our Guards as shown by our 33 percent running up the middle when needing 2 yards or less(with that said we have also had 5 plays of negative yards running up the middle(most of which have happened do to Satele leaning forward and being off balance or Olsen stepping to the left (vs the Bears leaving Brown to get blasted the moment he gets the ball in the backfield) and three going left and 3 right

Browns O Line has given up 22 QB hits compared to our 15 also the Browns have given up 9 sacks compared to our 5 BUT none of that is taking into consideration QB escapability which Luck has much more then Weeden so you look to the Browns rushing totals in which they have rushed for a total of 75

times for 305 yards not to mention they have a Pro Bowler in Joe Thomas on there team (dont remember if Alex Mack has been a Pro Bowler or not), The Colts have rushed for 74 times for 271 yards, Just looking at the Coaches Film on NFL Rewind you see how atrocious and inconsistent our run blocking has been especially when trying to Drive Block they rarely get ANY push by our Guards as shown by our 33 percent running up the middle when needing 2 yards or less(with that said we have also had 5 plays of negative yards running up the middle(most of which have happened do to Satele leaning forward and being off balance or Olsen stepping to the left (vs the Bea leaving Brown to get blasted the moment he gets the ball in the backfield) and three going left and 3 right

Mack was an alternate at the Pro Bowl in 2011.

times for 305 yards not to mention they have a Pro Bowler in Joe Thomas on there team (dont remember if Alex Mack has been a Pro Bowler or not), The Colts have rushed for 74 times for 271 yards, Just looking at the Coaches Film on NFL Rewind you see how atrocious and inconsistent our run blocking has been especially when trying to Drive Block they rarely get ANY push by our Guards as shown by our 33 percent running up the middle when needing 2 yards or less(with that said we have also had 5 plays of negative yards running up the middle(most of which have happened do to Satele leaning forward and being off balance or Olsen stepping to the left (vs the Bears leaving Brown to get blasted the moment he gets the ball in the backfield) and three going left and 3 right

Good assesment of how our run blocking has been! I think were really gonna need to get some solid guards and a tackle in thedraft and free agency. We have to be more physical and agreessive and I have not seen any real improvement over the first couple games. Not writing them off completley yet though.

Hmmm... Out of all the needs the Colts have, you think RB is our 2nd biggest need???

No. That's not what he said.

He wants to take a RB with the 2nd 3rd pick (that we acquire in some trade that is not likely to happen) But, that would be the team 4th pick overall, so it would be in his version of events, our 4th biggest need.

At least, that's my read of his post....

One thing about Olsen we have to keep in mind is even though he has been in the league 3 years he has only 4 career starts (He was originally drafted by the Broncos in the 4th round back when the Broncos had there Zone Blocking Scheme(I think they still do but I havent paid attention to it), I am beginning to think we have a combination of O Linemen who fit different blocking schemes, Mcglynn-Zone Blocking, Olsen-Zone Blocking, Castonzo-Zone, Reitz-Zone, Satelle-Zone, Justice-Man, in other words I think we may be running the wrong blocking scheme based on our O Lines strengths, most of which are more agile then they are maulers, Mcglynn, Castonzo, Reitz and Olsen all seem to me a better fit in a Zone Blocking scheme in my opinion

No. That's not what he said.

He wants to take a RB with the 2nd 3rd pick (that we acquire in some trade that is not likely to happen) But, that would be the team 4th pick overall, so it would be in his version of events, our 4th biggest need.

At least, that's my read of his post....

Yeah, I misread that. Still, given our other needs, it's pretty hard to justify taking another yet another RB. Especially when it's not the RB that's the problem.

Montee Ball has sustained two concussions in the last two months. One was before the season started when he was assaulted by several men. The second was in a game vs UTEP over a week ago. After what we've been through with Austin Collie, I doubt many Colts fans would be comfortable drafting a guy with concussion issues.

Yeah, I misread that. Still, given our other needs, it's pretty hard to justify taking another yet another RB. Especially when it's not the RB that's the problem.

Hey, agreed. Ballard may yet pan out. And a decent RB can be acquired in FA. I don't want to invest a pick in the draft.

I'd like a quality OT in R1, and then defense, defense, defense and more defense with all the rest of our picks.

Other issues can be addressed in Free Agency.

Crossing my fingers.....

@NewColtsFan How is a draft trade not likely? We will most likely have a top 10 pick with Pagano having Leukemia now, I say we will have the 6th overall pick. Which we should trade down to about the 18th spot maybe even lower, depends how the rest of this college football season pans out, and get a top 3 DT prospect, I really like Star Lotuleli as a #1 pick for us, or even Johnathon Hankins and they should be available around pick 20. If we make a trade to move down from almost a top 5 pick, we will get quite a bit in return, most likely swap first round picks, maybe a round 2 and a round 3, anything is possible. I mean look how much the Rams got for the #2 pick, thats only going to be 3 or 4 spots above where we draft, I think we can get at least half of what the Skins gave up. I rather have Ballard start to see how well he does, but that is unlikely to happen

@Mouthfire ur comparing Brown to a guy who just tore his ACL last year, not the best choice because I would hope that Brown is getting similar stats to a runningback who is coming off surgery. We will see when draft time comes around, but after watching our drafts, and our history being draft a runningback every year, guess we will be drafting a runningback this year too. What are u guys going to say if we spend all of our picks on offensive line, don't get a DT, just all line, and Brown doesn't do anything still?? I rather draft a safety blanket for when that happens, right now I want us to start Vick Ballard for just 1 game, see how he does getting the load of the carries, we experimented with Carter last year, why not Ballard this year?

@NewColtsFan How is a draft trade not likely? We will most likely have a top 10 pick with Pagano having Leukemia now, I say we will have the 6th overall pick. Which we should trade down to about the 18th spot maybe even lower, depends how the rest of this college football season pans out, and get a top 3 DT prospect, I really like Star Lotuleli as a #1 pick for us, or even Johnathon Hankins and they should be available around pick 20. If we make a trade to move down from almost a top 5 pick, we will get quite a bit in return, most likely swap first round picks, maybe a round 2 and a round 3, anything is possible. I mean look how much the Rams got for the #2 pick, thats only going to be 3 or 4 spots above where we draft, I think we can get at least half of what the Skins gave up. I rather have Ballard start to see how well he does, but that is unlikely to happen

@Mouthfire ur comparing Brown to a guy who just tore his ACL last year, not the best choice because I would hope that Brown is getting similar stats to a runningback who is coming off surgery. We will see when draft time comes around, but after watching our drafts, and our history being draft a runningback every year, guess we will be drafting a runningback this year too. What are u guys going to say if we spend all of our picks on offensive line, don't get a DT, just all line, and Brown doesn't do anything still?? I rather draft a safety blanket for when that happens, right now I want us to start Vick Ballard for just 1 game, see how he does getting the load of the carries, we experimented with Carter last year, why not Ballard this year?

1.Since when has Grigson had an extensive draft history with the Colts? your talking about Polians history

2.All of our picks on O Line? thats a little bit of a overdramatic assumption dont you think?

3.I agree with you on starting Ballard 1 game, why? so we can see once and for all that it is our O Line thats the problem

4.Browns College carries-698 3800 yards in 3 years

Balls college carries-693 3760 in 4 years

I'd love to have Ball but he would not do any better, Brown has to have the same number of carries or similar to have anything close to what other running backs are getting, you cant compare a running back whos only gotten 43 carries spreadout over 3 games to someone whos gotten for example 72 carries over 4 games (MJD)

1.Chris Johnson (Primary Back)

2.Darren Mcfadden (Primary Back)

3.Steven Jackson (Primary Back)

4.Johnathan Stewart

5.Peyton Hillis

Brown has had a better yards per game then all of those guys on for the most part the same number of carries per game

i highly doubt lotulelei or hankins is available at 20...a lot of things change between now and draft time though