Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Vinateri

SilentHill

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he's missed 1 all year....Vinnys missed 1 already today......

One has a booming leg, is young, plays in terrible conditions, and does both KOs and FGs, and whose short career is 2% less accurate than the other.....

Wil they cut him now?? Missed 2 in an enclosed enviroment

That's a long kick, but it's not THAT long.

Let me clarify I am not one of those asking for Adam's head, but it's not like he was kicking a 60+ yarder.

Yes it is that's about the boarder line for most kickers during the course of the game. You only see 60+ plus yarders at the end of halves or games. Anything beyond 55 yards during the normal course of the game a team will either go for it or punt.

So Adam ends up 3 of 4 including hitting another 50 yarder later the game. Where are all the cut him people now?

We have lots of issues kicker is way down the list.

Right here. He has missed a FG in 3 of 4 games. That is unacceptable when he makes that much money.

Right here. He has missed a FG in 3 of 4 games. That is unacceptable when he makes that much money.

He doesn't make that much money for a NFL player. Honestly the money they would have saved by having another kicker on the roster is so little it wouldn't make a major difference. Also at this point they wouldn't save any money by cutting him so it would cost them. Adam is fine. He missed a 53 yard field goal today it happens. Honestly we saw the Packers kicker miss two today or one less miss than Adam has on the season should he be cut too? We have so many issues beyond kicker it's not even funny. Worrying about our kicker would be like trying to bail out the Titanic with a mop bucket. It's not going to make a difference and to this point NONE of Adam's misses have made a difference in any of our games he's hit the kicks he's had to hit and he's not having a bad season. Adam is 7 of 10 in a very young season. He's fine. He slipped on one kick, pushed one left and missed a 53 yarder. The only one of those to be really concerned about is the miss in the Jags game and frankly he came right back and hit almost the same kick a minute later when we had to have it.

Yes it is that's about the boarder line for most kickers during the course of the game. You only see 60+ plus yarders at the end of halves or games. Anything beyond 55 yards during the normal course of the game a team will either go for it or punt.

I understand that, but lets not talk about it like it was an 'end of the half Hail Mary kick'. That was my only point. Kickers can and are expected to make kicks like that.

But again mad props to Vinny. All kickers miss. No big deal.

I understand that, but lets not talk about it like it was an 'end of the half Hail Mary kick'. That was my only point. Kickers can and are expected to make kicks like that.

But again mad props to Vinny. All kickers miss. No big deal.

At the same time missing a 53 yarder isn't exactly something to reach for the panic button like many were. It's not like he missed a chip shot either.

Special teams can win and lose games. We need to either find someone else to kick field goals or go for it on 4th down if the attempt is longer than 45 yards. He has been very inconsistent for the last few years.

Except that isn't true Adam is 3 of 4 from beyond 40 yards this year 10 of 13 from beyond 40 last year and 11 of 12 from beyond 40 yards the year before that or 24 of 29 from beyond 40 yards the past three years. Good for any kicker in the league at that distance and on top of that Adam is 8 of 9 from beyond 50 yards since coming to Indianapolis his only miss from beyond 50 yards being today.

He might not be as good as he once was but Adam is still very good. Again with if one was to make a list of our needs kicker would be far down the list.

It's frustrating seeing AV miss kicks he should make. Especially when it misses outside the way his have lately. The one against the Jags was extra annoying.

However, it's more annoying to see people complaining about him, especially after a 53 yarder. We have a good kicker.

• 4 weeks later...

So he made two, missed one. I am not counting the one that was partially blocked. They count in stats, but that was the line's fault for letting the Dolphins D player (forget name) jump OVER them to get a hand on the block. It's not helping that his attempts are all 40+ lately, % even for good kickers go down beyond 40, and esp. beyond 50. I agree he's a bit down this year, but I still want him on my team when the game is on the line.