Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Vinateri

SilentHill

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sense in cutting him now. Let him finish the year though and then go in a different direction. I would imagine that's been the plan all along. I don't think comparing him to other guys on the team that make mistakes is really a fair comparison though as kicking a FG is the only job that AV has. Most guys on the team have several different responsibilities, AV just kicks. He's missed two 30 some yarders in 3 games and nearly missed a third, that shouldn't happen.

Then that is worse. Congrats on making a thread so off the wall and mind-numbing that a good number of people thought you were trolling.

It's time to let go of the nostalgia you posses over some colts veteran players. Regardless if we cut AV or not, the fact remains that at this point in time there are kickers out there in FA that will do as good or better for less money. That in itself screams that he should no longer remains with the Colts. I just wish it was done in the off-season so it would have made more financial sense.

It's time to let go of the nostalgia you posses over some colts veteran players. Regardless if we cut AV or not, the fact remains that at this point in time there are kickers out there in FA that will do as good or better for less money. That in itself screams that he should no longer remains with the Colts. I just wish it was done in the off-season so it would have made more financial sense.

The entire response is complete nonsense.

1) I have no personal nostalgia to anyone. For the love of God, I am totally in the camp the Colts made the right move in letting Manning go. If I believe that about the most important player in Indy Colts history, I certainly have no horse in the AV debate. If there are better kickers then by all means, I want Colts victories. Which leads me to...

2) Who are these FA kickers you want the Colts to sign and know that they would be better than AV right now?

The level of just complete foolishness after a Colts loss never fails to amuse me.

The entire response is complete nonsense.

1) I have no personal nostalgia to anyone. For the love of God, I am totally in the camp the Colts made the right move in letting Manning go. If I believe that about the most important player in Indy Colts history, I certainly have no horse in the AV debate. If there are better kickers then by all means, I want Colts victories. Which leads me to...

2) Who are these FA kickers you want the Colts to sign and know that they would be better than AV right now?

The level of just complete foolishness after a Colts loss never fails to amuse me.

John Kasay, Neil Rackers, Nick Novak, Graham Gano, Olindo Mare, and Ryan Longwell

He almost cost us the game with the first attempt, then barely makes it in on the second, why does he aim at the poll? The penalty was just ridiculous too, not sure if AV was to blame for that, he did seem to take forever just to line up.

1) How do you know where he aims?

2) The penalty was on the coaching staff. They delayed in making the FG decision.

Talk about amusing. That is some funny stuff.

I get the rep of being too dismissive of others opinions on here but when presented with this, how can I not be?

That is comical. All of those are good FG kickers, not too hard to say they are better than our bad one.

At one time AV was a good, even great clutch kicker. Those days are over.

That is comical. All of those are good FG kickers, not too hard to say they are better than our bad one.

At one time AV was a good, even great clutch kicker. Those days are over.

Were you awake last week?

And putting those kickers in the same class as AV is complete cluelessness. Olino Mare? You should have your posting privileges taken away for making such a ridiculous claim.

I would say your comments are narrow minded but I am pretty sure last time I said that to you, you ran to a mod - so I won't say it this time.

On a side note. If he makes it we still lose by two:) so whats better losing by two or five. Nutty ppl!

Not really because if he would have made both of those kicks on our last possession we would have been able

to kick another field goal and we would have won by 1 if successful instead of having to go for a touchdown. I've noticed vinateri has become a bit inconsistent at times but this was a team loss overall. Although I would like to put a boot up Sergio Browns behind for that HUGE blown coverage at the worst possible time.

Were you awake last week?

And putting those kickers in the same class as AV is complete cluelessness. Olino Mare? You should have your posting privileges taken away for making such a ridiculous claim.

I would say your comments are narrow minded but I am pretty sure last time I said that to you, you ran to a mod - so I won't say it this time.

Your putting AV in a class of elite kickers, which he may have been in previously. Just because he was in that class doesn't mean he continues to be in that class forever. He is now BELOW AVERAGE. Don't you remember? the NFL is "What have you done for me lately" and the answer to that question for AV is miss and nearly miss what should be considered "easy" FG's It's not like he's missing 50+ yarders out there. He's missing from 30 yards.

Your putting AV in a class of elite kickers, which he may have been in previously. Just because he was in that class doesn't mean he continues to be in that class forever. He is now BELOW AVERAGE. Don't you remember? the NFL is "What have you done for me lately" and the answer to that question for AV is miss and nearly miss what should be considered "easy" FG's It's not like he's missing 50+ yarders out there. He's missing from 30 yards.

Feels like Adam V. is starting to get a bit Vanderjerkish! I'm probably going a bit far I suppose

Feels like Adam V. is starting to get a bit Vanderjerkish! I'm probably going a bit far I suppose

No Adam has still hit his two field goals he had to this year. His misses have come at times when the game was not on the line. Vandy was the reverse. this is what Adam does his misses kicks here or there normally early in the season but comes threw when you need him the most. People need to chill out and stop try to scapegoat him for the loss yesterday because his kick gave us the lead we lost it after that.

I also find it alarming that people dismiss any FG misses with the "well he makes em when it counts".....it's the NFL. They ALL count. Any chance you have to put a number on the board, you need to do it.

How many kickers make every kick they take? None. People aren't dismissing them

they just aren't over reacting to them like many are there is a difference.

You really need to stop telling me what I am and am not doing. At no point have I said that AV is an elite kicker. Never - not once. But he is still plenty good enough and miles better than that list you had to use google to generate.

You know how I know your argument is without merit? You find a way to + about the ones he makes. So now near-misses, in other words his makes, count against a kicker? If this is what have you done for me lately league, then didn't AV kick the game-winner yesterday only to be foiled by a shoddy defensive effort on the TD pass?

And BTW - the word you are trying but failing to use correctly is You're, as in "you're putting AV in a class..."

Lastly, here is the point. There are things to be concerned about with this team. AV is about 576th on that list - right between the kid running out to get the tee after the opening kick-off and the fact that the beer concession stand is about 10 feet too far from my seat.

I agree with Andy it would be silly to cut him this season. Let him play this season and see what we will have next year. Rather it be FA or going into the late round draft and pick out a rookie kicker. He might retire after this season who knows? Just let him play this season then decide. But I still say if the game is on the line I rather have him to kick the FG.

I'd like Mike V. In the reg and Vinni in the post season. But Adam isn't a reg season kicker, and if he misses kicks and we lose games well he cant win us any games can he?

How many kickers make every kick they take? None. People aren't dismissing them

they just aren't over reacting to them like many are there is a difference.

Nobody does. But asking him to land in the top 3rd of FG% shouldn't be asking to much for the amount he is making or the pedigree he is held to.

And considering he's been Top 10 in % once since 2008 is a bit worrisome.

Nobody does. But asking him to land in the top 3rd of FG% shouldn't be asking to much for the amount he is making or the pedigree he is held to.

And considering he's been Top 10 in % once since 2008 is a bit worrisome.

Again that's what Adam does and why he doesn't go to the probowl more often. He was brought in because he was clutch to replace the guy who made every field goal but the ones with the game on the line. Adam is fine and will be fine.

Part of the yesterday is that the jags were getting very close on the right side which could be why he was pushing them. Either way I am not freaking out over two missed kicks. If that number gets up to six or seven then it's time to be worried.

You really need to stop telling me what I am and am not doing. At no point have I said that AV is an elite kicker. Never - not once. But he is still plenty good enough and miles better than that list you had to use google to generate.

You know how I know your argument is without merit? You find a way to + about the ones he makes. So now near-misses, in other words his makes, count against a kicker? If this is what have you done for me lately league, then didn't AV kick the game-winner yesterday only to be foiled by a shoddy defensive effort on the TD pass?

And BTW - the word you are trying but failing to use correctly is You're, as in "you're putting AV in a class..."

Lastly, here is the point. There are things to be concerned about with this team. AV is about 576th on that list - right between the kid running out to get the tee after the opening kick-off and the fact that the beer concession stand is about 10 feet too far from my seat.

How do you determine someone is "plenty good enough"? Kickers that miss most of their FG's in the 30 yard range are good?

He did kick a FG that gave the colts the lead, but that is neither here not there since he missed the first one that really crippled us.

Obviously you mis-prioritize the needs of this team. At this point a kicker that can actually make FG's from 30 yards out would be a huge improvement.

and btw

4262012005641iwsmt.jpeg

How do you determine someone is "plenty good enough"? Kickers that miss most of their FG's in the 30 yard range are good?

He did kick a FG that gave the colts the lead, but that is neither here not there since he missed the first one that really crippled us.

Obviously you mis-prioritize the needs of this team. At this point a kicker that can actually make FG's from 30 yards out would be a huge improvement.

and btw

4262012005641iwsmt.jpeg

Clearly I am just heart-broken over the fact that you don't like me.

Again, your logic fails. Simply fails. So the first one he missed crippled Indy so bad they only came back to take the lead with under a minute left.

Clearly I am just heart-broken over the fact that you don't like me.

Again, your logic fails. Simply fails. So the first one he missed crippled Indy so bad they only came back to take the lead with under a minute left.

No one can say for sure what would have happened, had AV not missed the first FG, but statistically we would have been much better off.

EVERY kicker misses sometimes. Just remember that. Ours just happened to be this season. No need to flip out and act like the sky is falling. We're fine with AV, but I definitely think after this season he will retire, or be let go.

Until AV starts missing multiple kicks per game, I'd say get off his back.

I hear he's available too! He does request that the uprights be moved 15 yards to the right prior to kickoff, not sure if the NFL will go for it.

You're the one who wants to cut Vinny. Just saying even the most accurate kickers aren't the best to have.

2 games*

Oh Yea, Vinny's 3 points would had really stopped the bleeding from being mauled by the Bears.