Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Vinateri

SilentHill

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? He won the game last week and would have won us the game today. If it was not for the Colts giving it away to the Jags at the end. He is still money when it comes down to the line.

No, he is not. He has been a model of inconsistency for the last few years. He makes way too much money to be this bad.

Why? He won the game last week and would have won us the game today. If it was not for the Colts giving it away to the Jags at the end. He is still money when it comes down to the line.

Yea, he would have won the game for us today...Had he made that kick earlier.....

I also still contend him missing the one in Chi to end the half was the game changer.....

Can we stop with the silly over reactions?

He hit a game winner last week and a 50+ yarder vs. the Steelers in the pre-season there is no issue with his leg. Then he came back and hit a kick to give us the lead today and then the defense blew it even with his miss. Yes he's missed two kicks but if you've followed most of Adam's career that's what he does he misses kicks here or there and then comes threw in the clutch. The fact he misses kicks here or there is why he hasn't been to more pro-bowls in his career.

Adam is fine. I understand people are mad at that we lost today but let's just stop the silly over reactions because we are mad. I mean yes Adam missed a kick but you know what Luck made a mistake today too he threw a silly INT and Reggie dropped a pass, should they be cut too because they made a mistake?

He always misses one.

And he cant even kick off.

He can kick off McAfee is just better at it. Before we got Pat Adam was our kickoff man and even with the old kick off rules would still get the ball the to the endzone line and get a touch back here or there. This isn't a situation like with Vandy where he honestly couldn't do kick offs because he didn't have the leg for it.

I wanted to cut Vinateri when we decided to rebuild this thing. Doesn't make any sense to keep an aging kicker and pay him $2M + when we could have found a servicable kicker of the future and have him struggle and grow with the rest of the team.

Where were you last week when he hit the 50+ yard game winner? Funny no one was calling for him to be cut then...

Actually there are more quality free agent kickers out there right now then any year I can remember. Def a buyers market, might be time with the bye week to bring a few of the better ones in for a look see. Neil Rackers, Josh Brown, Ryan Longwell, Graham Gano, Nick Novack, Olindo Mare. I'd opt for Mare last season he was 8 of 9 from 40-50 yards, doesnt have a booming leg anymore but we need a kicker who can be a lock at that distance I believe.

Actually there are more quality free agent kickers out there right now then any year I can remember. Def a buyers market, might be time with the bye week to bring a few of the better ones in for a look see. Neil Rackers, Josh Brown, Ryan Longwell, Graham Gano, Nick Novack, Olindo Mare. I'd opt for Mare last season he was 8 of 9 from 40-50 yards, doesnt have a booming leg anymore but we need a kicker who can be a lock at that distance I believe.

I would say we have more worries right now ( O-line ) than replacing the kicker. :slaphead:

I agree with Andy it would be silly to cut him this season. Let him play this season and see what we will have next year. Rather it be FA or going into the late round draft and pick out a rookie kicker. He might retire after this season who knows? Just let him play this season then decide. But I still say if the game is on the line I rather have him to kick the FG.

So you're saying he is the one and only kicker in football who could have made that kick?

I didn't say that or all or anything close to it. I am asking where you were last week when he hit the game winner? If you want him cut for the reasons you said what he did last week shouldn't have changed your opinion at all yet no one was calling for him to be cut last week. People are mad we lost today and saying silly things like cut Adam more so because they are mad we lost and he happened to miss a kick and completely ignoring he hit a kick later in the game that gave the Colts the lead and it was the defense who lost it.

I didn't say that or all or anything close to it. I am asking where you were last week when he hit the game winner? If you want him cut for the reasons he said what he did last week shouldn't have changed your opinion at all yet no one was calling for him to be cut last week. People are mad we lost today and saying silly things like cut Adam more so because they are mad we lost and he happened to miss a kick and completely ignoring he hit a kick later in the game that gave the Colts the lead and it was the defense who lost it.

If you go back and read my post, you will see that I wanted Vinateri gone after last season. No sense of keeping him at his salary when you're in rebuilding mode. He is not our future. I also wanted Freeney gone too.