•  

Photo

Cut Vinateri

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
348 replies to this topic

#1 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3200 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

I'm convinced. It is time to cut Adam. We've had a good run but his time is done.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Moose Of Woe

Moose Of Woe
  • 2078 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

I'm convinced. It is time to cut Adam. We've had a good run but his time is done.

Shades of San Diego come to mind.

He's made some great game winners for us. Heck, he just did it last week. Still, he's way, way, WAAAAAAAAY too inconsistent from inside the 45.

#3 Warhawk

Warhawk
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

He won us a game with a 50+ yard field goal last week...

If every player who people on this forum demanded be cut after a bad play was actually cut, we'd barely be able to field basketball team, much less a football team.

#4 MTC

MTC

The Governor

• Community Moderator
  • 4983 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Just because he missed a FG, doesn't mean we will cut him. People always have off days.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#5 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3200 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

He is off 2 of 3 games? Time to say bye bye

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#6 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 8538 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

we don't have anyone better cutting him would be a terrible move

#7 Moose Of Woe

Moose Of Woe
  • 2078 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

He may have a shot at redemption this game.

#8 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

It's one thing to miss the occasional fg. But vinni misses often inside 45 yards even early in games and it comes back to bite us. Cut him. I am never confident when he comes in to kick. The guy just doesn't have it anymore. Move on. It's been like 4 years since he has been good. How are u blind to this?

#9 horseshoepower

horseshoepower
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

If he kicks another game winning FG, lets put up a statue of him in front of the stadium!

#10 Moose Of Woe

Moose Of Woe
  • 2078 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Here we go.... 37 yards.

#11 Warhawk

Warhawk
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Well, this thread had a short shelf life.

#12 icf

icf
  • 346 posts

that was close....he made that by about 2 inches.

If he had missed that, the Colts might have had a help wanted sign out on 56th street tomorrow.

#13 Moose Of Woe

Moose Of Woe
  • 2078 posts

Aaaaand there's redemption. Barely. But I'll take barely.

The point he's inconsistent still has ground, though. Although I can't imagine us getting anyone better at the moment.

...Unless we put in our MVP Patty Mac for field goals.

#14 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1303 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Barely is all that matters.

#15 Moose Of Woe

Moose Of Woe
  • 2078 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Aaaaaand all for not.

#16 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3200 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

I still say cut him

#17 Let there be Luck

Let there be Luck
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I still say cut him

Why? He won the game last week and would have won us the game today. If it was not for the Colts giving it away to the Jags at the end. He is still money when it comes down to the line.

#18 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 873 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Carson Wiggs me, Blazer.

I am giving this improved Colts team 8 wins this year. I think we will go 8-8 in 2013-14.   (July 24, 2013)

#19 colts1993

colts1993
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'm not really considering on cutting adam but he sure has lost a step..

#20 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5818 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

#21 1959Colts

1959Colts
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

For years now I have had no confidence when he steps up to kick.
No matter the distance.

#22 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3200 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Why? He won the game last week and would have won us the game today. If it was not for the Colts giving it away to the Jags at the end. He is still money when it comes down to the line.

No, he is not. He has been a model of inconsistency for the last few years. He makes way too much money to be this bad.

#23 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2856 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Yea, he would have won the game for us today...Had he made that kick earlier.....

I also still contend him missing the one in Chi to end the half was the game changer.....

I like to argue. 

#24 1959Colts

1959Colts
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

He always misses one.
And he cant even kick off.

#25 Andy

Andy
  • 8604 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

and pick up who?

Don't say Patty Mac, because the guy isn't ready to start taking over kicking duties.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#26 CantBeStopped

CantBeStopped
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

On a side note. If he makes it we still lose by two:) so whats better losing by two or five. Nutty ppl!

#27 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Can we stop with the silly over reactions?

He hit a game winner last week and a 50+ yarder vs. the Steelers in the pre-season there is no issue with his leg. Then he came back and hit a kick to give us the lead today and then the defense blew it even with his miss. Yes he's missed two kicks but if you've followed most of Adam's career that's what he does he misses kicks here or there and then comes threw in the clutch. The fact he misses kicks here or there is why he hasn't been to more pro-bowls in his career.

Adam is fine. I understand people are mad at that we lost today but let's just stop the silly over reactions because we are mad. I mean yes Adam missed a kick but you know what Luck made a mistake today too he threw a silly INT and Reggie dropped a pass, should they be cut too because they made a mistake?
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#28 deedub75

deedub75
  • 1632 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

I wanted to cut Vinateri when we decided to rebuild this thing. Doesn't make any sense to keep an aging kicker and pay him $2M + when we could have found a servicable kicker of the future and have him struggle and grow with the rest of the team.
"I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have 3 money and no kids?" - Homer Simpson

#29 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

He always misses one.
And he cant even kick off.

He can kick off McAfee is just better at it. Before we got Pat Adam was our kickoff man and even with the old kick off rules would still get the ball the to the endzone line and get a touch back here or there. This isn't a situation like with Vandy where he honestly couldn't do kick offs because he didn't have the leg for it.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#30 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

I wanted to cut Vinateri when we decided to rebuild this thing. Doesn't make any sense to keep an aging kicker and pay him $2M + when we could have found a servicable kicker of the future and have him struggle and grow with the rest of the team.

Where were you last week when he hit the 50+ yard game winner? Funny no one was calling for him to be cut then...

#31 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13281 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

and pick up who?

Don't say Patty Mac, because the guy isn't ready to start taking over kicking duties.

You called it with this thread
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#32 statewrestlingchampion

statewrestlingchampion
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Actually there are more quality free agent kickers out there right now then any year I can remember. Def a buyers market, might be time with the bye week to bring a few of the better ones in for a look see. Neil Rackers, Josh Brown, Ryan Longwell, Graham Gano, Nick Novack, Olindo Mare. I'd opt for Mare last season he was 8 of 9 from 40-50 yards, doesnt have a booming leg anymore but we need a kicker who can be a lock at that distance I believe.

#33 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2793 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

You called it with this thread

Well we knew this thread would be coming. :funny:

#34 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2793 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Actually there are more quality free agent kickers out there right now then any year I can remember. Def a buyers market, might be time with the bye week to bring a few of the better ones in for a look see. Neil Rackers, Josh Brown, Ryan Longwell, Graham Gano, Nick Novack, Olindo Mare. I'd opt for Mare last season he was 8 of 9 from 40-50 yards, doesnt have a booming leg anymore but we need a kicker who can be a lock at that distance I believe.

I would say we have more worries right now ( O-line ) than replacing the kicker. :slaphead:

#35 deedub75

deedub75
  • 1632 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Where were you last week when he hit the 50+ yard game winner? Funny no one was calling for him to be cut then...

So you're saying he is the one and only kicker in football who could have made that kick?
"I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have 3 money and no kids?" - Homer Simpson

#36 Let there be Luck

Let there be Luck
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

I agree with Andy it would be silly to cut him this season. Let him play this season and see what we will have next year. Rather it be FA or going into the late round draft and pick out a rookie kicker. He might retire after this season who knows? Just let him play this season then decide. But I still say if the game is on the line I rather have him to kick the FG.

#37 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6325 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

You missed it. He was playing CB and cost us the game.

#38 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

So you're saying he is the one and only kicker in football who could have made that kick?

I didn't say that or all or anything close to it. I am asking where you were last week when he hit the game winner? If you want him cut for the reasons you said what he did last week shouldn't have changed your opinion at all yet no one was calling for him to be cut last week. People are mad we lost today and saying silly things like cut Adam more so because they are mad we lost and he happened to miss a kick and completely ignoring he hit a kick later in the game that gave the Colts the lead and it was the defense who lost it.

#39 deedub75

deedub75
  • 1632 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I didn't say that or all or anything close to it. I am asking where you were last week when he hit the game winner? If you want him cut for the reasons he said what he did last week shouldn't have changed your opinion at all yet no one was calling for him to be cut last week. People are mad we lost today and saying silly things like cut Adam more so because they are mad we lost and he happened to miss a kick and completely ignoring he hit a kick later in the game that gave the Colts the lead and it was the defense who lost it.

If you go back and read my post, you will see that I wanted Vinateri gone after last season. No sense of keeping him at his salary when you're in rebuilding mode. He is not our future. I also wanted Freeney gone too.

#40 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

A replacement for Collie is a higher priority.
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Apr
    BrentMc11

'possibly' having a re-do on my right eye tomorrow depending on the risk. It is still too far-sighted. I am too young to not have it done with a better script. Hoping it is easy...may have stitches this time with bigger incision.

Show comments (9)
View All Updates