Photo

What Are You Listening To Right Now Part II: Mastermind INDYTrav

• Please log in to reply
1700 replies to this topic

#481 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

I would have loved to see this dual headliner tour...Scorpions & Tesla...2 spectacular bands! A Tesla Classic...

A Scorpions mainstay track...

Brother great choice both very good bands,Tesla is great no matter if doing the stuff that belongs to them ,or doing covers,just true pros in my opinion :worthy:

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#482 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

I was so happy watching the Kennedy Center Honors last night. Among the honorees was David Letterman, Dustin Hoffman, Buddy Guy & Led Zeppelin!  :rock:

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#483 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

More Zeppelin Tributes...

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#484 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Darn Guitarist Jimmy Page looks great! I hope I age that gracefully too!  :thmup:

Here is the entire Led Zeppelin Tribute last night from start to finish...Sorry, I didn't find it til after I posted the other tracks...ENJOY!!!  ;)

#485 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Darn Guitarist Jimmy Page looks great! I hope I age that gracefully too!  :thmup:

Here is the entire Led Zeppelin Tribute last night from start to finish...Sorry, I didn't find it til after I posted the other tracks...ENJOY!!!  ;)

Loved it all,performances,especially the wit and sense of humor on Letterman :dancing:  :thmup:

#486 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3121 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Some good ole' Joe Walsh.....

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#487 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Love it my Freind at request got the cd for Christmas.IMO he's one of the greatest Guitar players and directors of music ever .With the EAGLES and on his own

#488 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Loved it all,performances,especially the wit and sense of humor on Letterman :dancing:  :thmup:

Jay, 

Real musicians got celebrated last night....Blues God Buddy Guy & Led Zeppelin...Do you know how rare that is? Musicians who can actually play their own instruments & sing...Wow! Ann & Nancy Wilson were fantastic! Also, honoring Buddy Guy was L-O-N-G overdue...."Sweet Home Chicago" indeed!!!

#489 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3121 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Love it my Freind at request got the cd for Christmas.IMO he's one of the greatest Guitar players and directors of music ever .With the EAGLES and on his own

Yep....he's one of my all-time favorite artists!

His early solo stuff as well as his work with the Eagles was an absolute staple in my teenage years...and still is!

He's been on DirectTV's "Guitar Center: Sessions" series this month and played some of his new and old stuff and sounded great...plus had a really good interview.

#490 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

#491 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Yes, I agree with my buddy Jay Kirk. An excellent choice pacolts56!  :thmup:

Yes Jay, I know that you know honoring true musicians is rare naturally my friend.

I just really respect all my Forum Friends on here for knowing genuine talent when they see & hear it. God Bless You All Man!  :worthy:  :rock:

#492 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

#493 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

#494 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

This is sad on our part the music lover

#495 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Brother you cant go wrong on these Live at Daryls House :thmup:   What i wouldnt give to just set in and listen to a session

#496 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

#497 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3121 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Some outstanding live music from Jeff Beck and Stanley Clarke....."Lopsy Lu"...

#498 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

A very good cover of Axl Rose/G-N-R Cover of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door." Not the best cover of "Sweet Child Of Mine" but different with a South American flavor...

#499 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Fumie Abe  "Absolute Zero" [Stone Sour drum cover] Almost a slow waltz for Fumie on this number. Good cymbal work here!

Meytal Cohen "Black Dog"  Led Zeppelin drum cover...A classic.  :thmup:  :worthy:

#500 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

I keep waiting for drummer Meytal Cohen to do a cover of this Cranberries number called "Zombie" but in the meantime here is a decent substitute...

You've gotta love a high school music teacher that covers "Zombie" regardless of the tempo or sound quality IMO. Nice!  :cool:

#501 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3121 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Rush....."The Garden"...

#502 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

#503 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

#504 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3979 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

#505 The Peytonator

The Peytonator
  • 2953 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

#506 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Ben Gibbard "Somebody's Rattling." I always like mariachi bands for some reason...

"Pretty Woman" Mariachi Style..Not the Roy Orbison or Van Halen version I remember... :scratch:  :dunno:

#507 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3121 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

A once in a lifetime vocalist...

#508 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Johnny Cash "I Won't Back Down" [Tom Petty Cover]

Johnny Cash "One Love" [U2 Cover]

#509 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Johnny Cash "Don't Think Twice It's Alright" [Bob Dylan Cover]

Johnny Cash "Don't Take Your Guns to Town"

#510 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Johnny Cash "The Man In Black"

Johnny Cash "The Man Who Couldn't Cry."

#511 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Johnny Cash "Walk The Line"

Johnny Cash "Hurt"

#512 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

Mary Chapin Carpenter "Halley Came To Jackson" 1 of my favorite singer songwriters of all time...

MCC ""Solitude"

#513 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

MCC "Chasing What's Already Gone"

MCC "Don't Need Much To Be Happy" 

#514 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Travis Tritt  "Anymore"

Travis Tritt  "Great Day To Be Alive" Darn, I love this song!!!

#515 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Travis Tritt "Honky Talk Woman" [Rolling Stones Cover]

Travis Tritt "I've Always Been Crazy" [Waylon Jennings Cover]

#516 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Alison Krauss & Union Station "Paper Airplane" Another spectacular singer songwriter...

Alison Krauss  "Ghost In This House" I love this song!!! Video here is kind of cheesy. Great song though IMO.

#517 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

Alison Krauss  "Can't Find My Way Home"

Alison Krauss  "Lay My Burden Down"

#518 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Alison Krauss  "Stay"

Alison Krauss "Missing You" 

#519 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Alison Krauss "When You Say Nothing At All" Another fantastic song that I never grow tired of...

Alison Krauss "Baby Now That I Found You" 

#520 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Sugarland  "Stay" I'm in a ballad mood right now.

We Are The Fallen "Sleep Well My Angel"

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      27 Nov
    T Y Goodbye

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words. I just got home from the hospital right before midnight Thanksgiving, so I can be home with family. I'm still not totally recovered, but they are trying a different and stronger IV med, to hopefully kick this out for good...Love you all!

Show comments (9)
View All Updates