southwest1

What Are You Listening To Right Now Part II: Mastermind INDYTrav

1,948 posts in this topic

Something I found by accident that totally blew my mind.

Little Richard sings Gospel better than he does Rock and Roll, you can just hear his soul in that song, amazing.

You know Bogie, it's ironic people always talk about the influence of Jazz, Blues, Motown, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Reggae, Big Band, and Heavy Metal, but them seldom mention the impact of Gospel music. Okay, Country artists might mention it at the Grand Ole Opry and around Christmas time, but Ray Charles successfully blended gospel with 50's and 60's rock, along with jazz elements, Southern Blues, and he created the genre known as Rhythm and Blues or at least perfected it. It made Ray rich and an international entertainer too.

The Allman Brothers Band "Ramblin' Man."

Bad Company "Silver Blue & Gold." LIVE...

Bachman & Turner "Let It Ride" LIVE...

Bachman & Turner "Takin' Care Of Business" LIVE...

Foghat "Slow Ride" Live...

War "Low Rider" [Wait 12 seconds for the song to start please after pressing play. Thank you.]

Uncle Kracker "Drift Away" [Judson Spense Cover]

Van Morrison "Brown Eyed Girl"

Blondie "Call Me" I like comparing original songs with remakes myself.

In This Moment "Call Me" [blondie Cover]

Belinda Carlisle "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" [Original song here]

Eleven King "Heaven Is A Place On Earth. [Metal Cover] Pop and Heavy Metal rarely blend well together IMO... :facepalm:

Last call for now...Highland Glory "Wild Child" [ WASP Cover]

Nokturnal Mortum: Wild Child" [W.A.S.P. cover]

Susperia "Wild Child" [WASP Cover] A good one here...

W.A.S.P. "Widowmaker" [Original]

Just listening to the voices in my head.

COLTS WIN

COLTS WIN

COLTS WIN

1 person likes this

Holy Moly Man can this percussionist named Mike Michalkow play! Here's "Run To The Hills" by Iron Maiden.

"Natural Science" [Rush drum cover]

Check out this 8 year old kid on percussion named Alexey Poblete performing YYZ by Rush...Very Impressive!!! :worthy::hat:

" Nightmare" [Avenged Sevenfold Cover] The drum sticks are bigger than she is. haha But, she can certainly play now... :yahoo:

Drummer Andrea Mattia performs "Rosanna" [ToTo Cover]

Drummer Domenic Nardone performs "You Shook Me All Night Long" [AC/DC Cover]

Meytal Cohen performs "Down with the Sickness" [Disturbed Cover] "O...Wha Wha A Ha A" It sounds like an insane monkey on the loose... haha

Warning: There are a few curse words in this song, but it is a great drum cover IMO.

Drummer Domenic Nardone performs "Carry On Wayward Son" [Kansas Cover]

Meytal Cohen performs "Down with the Sickness" [Disturbed Cover] "O...Wha Wha A Ha A" It sounds like an insane monkey on the loose... haha

I wanted to add this symbol to my previous text entry, but I forgot. ""O...Wha Wha A Ha A" It sounds like an insane monkey on the loose." :monkeydance: There, now I feel better. Thank you. lmao

Since kettle drums are rarely heard from except for maybe the Caribbean, why not feature them here...STEEL BAND CUBA with "Hotel California" [Eagles Cover]

STEEL BAND CUBA with "Imagine" [John Lennon Cover]

"Billionaire" Drum Cover [Travie McCoy]

"California Girls" Drum Cover [Katy Perry Cover]

Eagles "Peaceful Easy Feelin'" I wish this song was played more around Christmas time myself...

The Eagles "Take It To The Limit."

Ok Brother im outta likes for the day,just gotta say you cant go wrong here,IMO the best band of all time,if you dont have Farewell tour live from MELBOURN you gotta have it in DVD ,would love to have this performance on cd but never have pulled it off,but sound quality best dvd ive ever seen :thmup:
1 person likes this