southwest1

What Are You Listening To Right Now Part II: Mastermind INDYTrav

1,980 posts in this topic

Great stuff Jay!!! Rick Nelson, Everly Brothers, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Quinn Sullivan...Let the Blues flow free baby; Wild and free.

B.B. King & Eric Clapton "Come Rain Or Come Shine" [1 of my personal favorites.]

Eric Clapton "Too Bad."

1 person likes this

I remember an interview I saw with Bob Seger once. Sports broadcaster Bob Costas had a brief stint as a late night talk show host on NBC before Conan OBrien took over the midnight time slot after David Letterman. Bob Costas asked Bob Seger what prompted him to write his favorite song "We've Got Tonight." Seger told Costas he was watching actor Robert Redford in the film "The Sting." Redford is lonely and he follows a young waitress home from a diner that he regularly eats at. Redford knocks on her front door and says to the waitress "It's late and I don't know anybody."

Boom, the line just hit Seger between the eyes "we've got tonight who needs tomorrow." A legendary song was born. I love it when songwriting masters reveal their precious little secrets like a map to lost treasure.

Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton LIVE with their own version of "We've Got Tonight." I like different versions of famous songs. :thmup:

1 person likes this

Drink some coke and rum mon and listen to some Caribbean Island Reggae... Bob Marley with "There She Goes."

Bob Marley "Buffalo Soldier."

Jonathan Edwards "Sunshine Go Away Today." [1 really bad word displayed in this video. Please do not remove it. Good song; historic Vietnam backdrop. Thank you.]

Cornelius Brothers And Sister Rose With "Treat Her Like A Lady" on Vinyl.

http://youtu.be/xRqRAZuSQ9M

Blues Image with "Ride Captain Ride."

Steve Miller Band "Fly Like An Eagle."

1 person likes this

Boston "Cool The Engines."

Scorpions "Loving You Sunday Morning." LIVE...

1 person likes this

Neil Young "Cinnamon Girl."

Neil Diamond "Sweet Caroline." Makes me think of Wrigley Field everytime I hear this song or any baseball diamond for that matter.

1 person likes this

Pure Prairie League "Amie." A great song that makes me think of a funny laser show episode based on the 1970's themed show "Freaks & Geeks."

Looking Glass "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)"

1 person likes this

Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel "The Sound Of Silence" LIVE...

Simon and Garfunkel "Cecilia."

HANK LOCKLIN "GEISHA GIRL."

Gwen Stefani "Rich Girl." [There are actually Japanese Geisha Girls in this video too.]

I woke up in a 'Blue Mood' and had to put on some T-Bone Walker, a favorite of mine on the guitar, and he was a pretty good singer too!

I also believe that's Dizzy Gillspie in the background of this video playing the Trumpet, another legend.

2 people like this

I remember an interview I saw with Bob Seger once. Sports broadcaster Bob Costas had a brief stint as a late night talk show host on NBC before Conan OBrien took over the midnight time slot after David Letterman. Bob Costas asked Bob Seger what prompted him to write his favorite song "We've Got Tonight." Seger told Costas he was watching actor Robert Redford in the film "The Sting." Redford is lonely and he follows a young waitress home from a diner that he regularly eats at. Redford knocks on her front door and says to the waitress "It's late and I don't know anybody."

Boom, the line just hit Seger between the eyes "we've got tonight who needs tomorrow." A legendary song was born. I love it when songwriting masters reveal their precious little secrets like a map to lost treasure.

Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton LIVE with their own version of "We've Got Tonight." I like different versions of famous songs. :thmup:

Love them both,but Bob is an icon of true Rock and Roll
1 person likes this

Pure Prairie League "Amie." A great song that makes me think of a funny laser show episode based on the 1970's themed show "Freaks & Geeks."

Looking Glass "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" Lol one point most dont realize is that Vince Gill was part of PPL,by the way i love that song,Brandy good choice as well,during the bubble gum exsplosion era :thmup:

1 person likes this

Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight" LIVE In Japan...

http://youtu.be/kL8V73dutT0

Tedeschi Trucks Band "Bound for Glory." I really enjoy studio jam sessions myself. The record producer inside of me is enthralled and fascinated by this whole process.

I just heard about a musician in America named Cecil Rodriguez who released an album in 1972 that sold like hotcakes in Africa, but barely sold any units stateside. So much for the millions he was entitled to as royalty earnings. The documentary itself is called "Searching For Sugar Man." I will definitely check this film out and I will wonder the next time I buy a CD on iTunes how much money if any the real artist actually sees in profit. A scary proposition here when you sit back and think about it and a riveting cautionary tale to heed and guard against.

Cecil Rodriguez, the monumental protest artist few people in America have ever heard of.

I miss SRV, he made it always look easy when he played....and made the beaten up strats look even better!

1 person likes this

This is the 2nd to final scene in the film called "That Thing You Do," directed and starring actor Tom Hanks. A character named Guy Patterson is a percussionist who loves jazz and he mets his idol a musician named Dell Paxston in the 1960's. They jam together recording an original composition of Guy's named "I am Spartacus." The film is fictional and not based on anyone's life story at all. I just like to see creative juices come alive. I apologize for the sound quality here. Clearly, it was recorded off TV.

Drummer Sonny Payne 1962...