southwest1

What Are You Listening To Right Now Part II: Mastermind INDYTrav

1,987 posts in this topic

J. Gelis Band "Angel Is A Centerfold."

"Jessie's Girl" [sammy Hagar Cover] performed by Rick Springfield.

Simon & Garfunkel "A Hazy Shady Of Winter."

Bangles [80's pop band] "A Hazy Shade Of Winter."

Misfits of the World Unite under 1 Rock-N-Roll Banner...Halestorm "Freak Like Me." [New Stuff]

Hailstorm "I Miss The Misery." [New Stuff] I love a female singer with a pair of brass ones!!! :rock:

I never get tired of these 2 Hailstorm songs: "All I Wanna Do" & "Bad Romance." [A caboose kicking Lady GaGa Cover.]

Halestorm "Dirty Work." [Another personal favorite of mine.]

Metallica "Turn The Page. [bob Seger Cover] I love this smokin' Metal version of a timeless Rock-N-Roll Classic. :thmup:

Metallica "And Justice For All" [studio Version.] Some superb percussion playing here by drummer Lars Ulrich.

Metallica "And Justice For All" LIVE...

Green Day "Brain Strew"

Meytal Cohen "Basket Case" [Green Day cover.] Miss Cohen is just too adorable & ravishing for her own good. Brains, beauty, & talent. She's got it all IMO.

Pat Benatar "Fire & Ice" LIVE...One of the original women of 80's Rock-N-Roll I was raised on along with Joan Jett.

Pat Benatar "Promises In The Dark" LIVE...

Joan Jett "I Can't Control Myself."

Joan Jett "Let's Do It." I love Joan Jett!!! She's so versatile, strong, & a Queen among her male testosterone counterparts.

Joan Jett "Bits & Pieces." Joan never disappoints me EVER!!! Don't mess with Joan man. She'll kick your caboose if you do with the musical vibe she creates on stage. :worthy:

Joan Jett "AC/DC & Everyday People."

Deep Purple "Perfect Strangers."

Deep Purple "Knockin' At Your Back Door." Is this an innuendo signal for a nocturnal visit with a lady after midnight? Ahem...I will stop right there before I step over the line for all concerned. haha

I'm in one of these moods again..two all-time classics from The Who and Bob Seger..***sorry Metallica...you can't do that song justice***

1 person likes this

Southwest..when I first heard these a long time ago, I couldn't believe Metallica performed them...but these songs have great depth, meaning, and passion, and the lyrics...especially Nothing Else Matters..I just played that 6 times in a row...

Yes Colt Fan 4 Life, I agree completely. Metallica is gifted ensemble, a band a brotherhood of incredible musicians going all the way back to Dave Mustaine [now the leader of Megadeth] and the death of prodigy Cliff Burton shortly after the release of the "Master Of Puppets" album. Cliff was amazing on bass!

I also like "Unforgiven II" as a ballad too. It's remarkable! I ran out of likes buddy. I came back tomorrow and give you more. I promise. I go through phases where all I want to hear is a block of my favorite singers. Yesterday it was Joan Jett. I met her once. So humble and down to earth. I love that in legendary musicians known across the globe.

This struck me as bizarre playing a drum set made entirely of ice. Gotta say, I've never seen that done before. Playing Rock-N-Roll literally on the ROCKs. haha

Meytal Cohen Alter Bridge with "Metalingus" Nice rich sound here that's why Tama Drums are my personal favorite.

http://youtu.be/hGU_ZXnnGP4

Check out this female drummer from Japan named Fumie Abe doing Children of Bodom's "Living Dead Beat."

Fumie Abe even does a nice cover of Bullet For My Valentine's "Your Betrayal" too. I love Japan as a country. No negative stigma about Heavy Metal there at all. :thmup:

Fumie Abe Trivium "Built To Fall."

Fumie Abe Children Of Bodom with "Sixpounder." The vocals are awful here. Just focus on Fumie and her booming presence and power with rapid speed/wrist control.

Arch Enemy "Blood On Your Hands." Holy WWII London air raid, even Prime Minister Winston Churchill would say that Fume Abe's hands are like machine guns distributing their shell casing in swift bursts of fury...

Again, ignore the vocalist in both numbers and concentrate on the fluid speed of Fume's wrists and wooden sticks. It's almost like chopping down the tallest tree in the forest just on super human strength alone.

I speechless, dumbfounded, and at a loss for words to explain Fume's rare percussion talent. WOW!!!

Okay, time to slow things down considerably and put the Metal to bed for awhile. James Taylor "Carolina On My Mind."

Allison Krauss "Carolina In My Mind" LIVE...

I love this song. I never get tired of hearing it. Elton John's "Tiny Dancer."

Elton John "Original Sin."

I'm listening to some rap music on neighbors' auto radio...she's cleaning her car and believes work goes better when radio is on full max volume...since vacuum is noisy,,, Can U imagine rap tuned up with vacuum cleaner...? Gosh!

I'm listening to some rap music on neighbors' auto radio...she's cleaning her car and believes work goes better when radio is on full max volume...since vacuum is noisy,,, Can U imagine rap tuned up with vacuum cleaner...? Gosh!

Hungarian rap? Just curious. I've heard some good non-American rap before.

Not sure if it's German or Dutch, but this track is pretty dang good IMO.

1 person likes this