Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

500 tickets remaining

indy1888

the blame is irsay period there is no reason colts fans in there home town cant see the game it's ridicouls that it should not be aired colts fans deserve to see it period not everyone can afford tickets

I mean seriously - who can argue with this logic?

lik dis if u cri evry tim!

Getting away from the blame game. I really don't understand why 500 unsold tickets equate a blackout. How many does LucasOil seat? Seems like 500 is a low percentage. Or was it 500 tickets have to be sold to reach the minimum percentage for a aired game?

i over herd its Irsays fault because the rule used to day 85% tickets sold then it could not be blacked out but they changed the rule and now greedy Irsay said all tickets must be sold or it will be blacked out and if it is you can drive south to Seymour IN they are on kentucky local channels and watch it at a bar

The trick with that new rule is that if they picked to go with the 85% rule then if they do end up selling out or go above that 85% they then would have to share the revenue of that 15% with that visiting team. So who can blame him for not wanting to share revenue with the other team.

There are reasons to get on Irsay, but the blackout rules are not his choice. This is something handed down by the NFL.

If it is only 500 tickets I would not be suprised if the Colts just buy those tickets and give them out. I cannot imagine having a blackout over 500 tickets in Indy.

This story from channel 8 (WISH-TV)

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/sports/colts_and_nfl/tickets-still-available-for-jags-vs-colts

makes it sound like the 500 tickets would make it a complete sellout.

Assuming the average price of the remaining tickets is $100, we're only talking like $50,000 here. And, if what someone said earlier in ther tread is true, and Irsay can buy those tickets for 1/3 of the face value, we're talking $17,000. Seems like a pretty small amount of money considering the potential fallout of a local blackout.

I'm sure that WISH-TV and corporate sponsors like Indiana Farm Bureau would also not be very happy about a blackout.

At least make better advanced search options on the generator, for me I don't care what level it is, I just want to be in between the 30s somewhere.

I used ticketzoom to get my tickets for last Sunday's game. I like the search option. You can see all sections that have tickets remaining and when you click on the section they show you the view of the field from that section.

I did find a seat I like on the random open seat generator ( new tickets ) in section 642( all the way up but near midfield) those are actually excellent seats but they were over $80! W O W. I practically had the same seat for the Bengals preseason game, it was $17, lol.

GRRR as a season ticket holder I had to pay $129 for my section 409 seat :( Paying full price for pre-season games is the only thing I hate about having season tickets.

I totally agree!! I mean Irsay is a BILLIONAIRE he's got more money then every fan that attends the games this year combined and plenty more. I also think it's stupid on his part anyway. Because every time the games are shown it's advertising for his team. To say it has to be sold out completely to be shown is down right stupid.

Ersay bought all the ticket so don't get your panties in a wadd :) It's a SELL OUT!