Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

O-line

TheJACKCOLT

The O-line is a group that needs to play together for 6-8 games in order to gel. I would like to see this group on the O-line. LT- Castonzo LG-Rietz C- Satele RG-Essex RT-Justice. This is the group I would like to see playing for the COLTS. Although I know this group is not great or even good, I think with a chance to gel, this group will give us our best chance at respectability. I think Castonzo, Rietz, Satele and Justice are no brainers, there's nobody else on the roster who can take the place of these four. Trai Essex can not be any worse than Mcglynn or Olsen, so by default I think he should be the right guard, I'm not saying he is good but, he is definitley better than the other two. We need to pick our five and hope that they can gel.(I was encouraged by Mcglynn at center) even though he needs to work on the shotgun snaps at least I thought he was much better at center than he has been at guard and I feel better if we had to use him at center in a pinch. With this being all we have to work with, we have to go with what we have, here's to hoping the O-line can gel by improving each week because, this is our weakest link and without a decent O-line all of the other talent (and I feel we have plenty) will be much less effective. With decent O-line play I beleive we can have a pretty good season.

The O-line is a group that needs to play together for 6-8 games in order to gel. I would like to see this group on the O-line. LT- Castonzo LG-Rietz C- Satele RG-Essex RT-Justice. This is the group I would like to see playing for the COLTS. Although I know this group is not great or even good, I think with a chance to gel, this group will give us our best chance at respectability. I think Castonzo, Rietz, Satele and Justice are no brainers, there's nobody else on the roster who can take the place of these four. Trai Essex can not be any worse than Mcglynn or Olsen, so by default I think he should be the right guard, I'm not saying he is good but, he is definitley better than the other two. We need to pick our five and hope that they can gel.(I was encouraged by Mcglynn at center) even though he needs to work on the shotgun snaps at least I thought he was much better at center than he has been at guard and I feel better if we had to use him at center in a pinch. With this being all we have to work with, we have to go with what we have, here's to hoping the O-line can gel by improving each week because, this is our weakest link and without a decent O-line all of the other talent (and I feel we have plenty) will be much less effective. With decent O-line play I beleive we can have a pretty good season.

I have no idea how you can grade McGlynn at guard. He missed most of the pre-season and no chance to work with Justice. Essex looks pedestrian to me but I would hope better than Olson who is NOT NFL worthy.

I`m sure we all totally agree about needing some time to work together. Andrew will be working on his masters degree in shaking and juking in the pocket in the meantime. ;- ) His moves in there Sunday were really good, but it looked like the Adrenaline from having Allen and the likes chasing him affected his stroke a little, ya think? Wew they were hot on him many times. He showed us some Fran Tarkenton a few times. Like that loss! haha! Andrews mindset is so right on, yip, to the next play. he is growing on me ;- )

I'm just going by what I have seen of him in the time that he has played (both preseason and regular season) and it has not been good but, like I said I thought he did a decent job filling in for Satele last week but, the time he has spent playing guard he has not looked good and I'm not saying Essex is great either but I thought for a guy who just came in last week he did a decent job. Even though the Steelers did not have a good line, it was better than any line we've had the last two years and he was good enough to start for them and he's was good enough to play for super bowl teams. Mcglynn has not been good enough to hold down a jod any where he has played. I just want the best five guys playing and in my opinion I Think he gives us a better chance than Mcglynn, but maybe you have seen something in Mcglynn that I haven't we will see because I do have confidence that eventually Pags and Grigs will have the best five playing we will just have to wait and see "GO COLTS"

Yeah the line is a major issue going forward. But like you said we got to go what we got. I hope next draft we can draft a lineman in the first round. I know we got needs in other areas to but we need to solidify the o-line.

The O-line is really really bad! Can't remember a Colts team with this bad of a line! Castonzo is pretty good with alot of potential, Satele is ok, but outside of that were in alot of trouble with the others! In the offseason this should be priority nu.1, we need to sign some quality free agents or draft some offensive linemen! I'm really concerned that Andrew won't make it through the whole season without getting injured because of our putrid line!

The O-line is really really bad! Can't remember a Colts team with this bad of a line! Castonzo is pretty good with alot of potential, Satele is ok, but outside of that were in alot of trouble with the others! In the offseason this should be priority nu.1, we need to sign some quality free agents or draft some offensive linemen! I'm really concerned that Andrew won't make it through the whole season without getting injured because of our putrid line!

You can't remember 2010? Wow, I thought I had a bad memory.

At least we have Constanzo. He did a decent job on Jared Allen all things considered. Held him without a sack. Although Andrew Luck had alot to do with that with his ability to elude Allen on several occasions. ha..ha.

Oline needs work and will probably be a hodge podge mess throughout the season. Some consistency would help tighten some things up a bit but by and large this thing needs to be totally revamped in the offseason. Constanzo is the cornerstone.

This O-line is really holding back the offense. The running game has failed to ever get going in both games, and Andrew Luck has been pressured a lot in both games (Bears game was worse). Imagine if the Colts really had a balanced offense. That's the key to success, having a balanced offense (look at most of the SB winners from the last decade).'

If the Colts had the Saints' O-line or the Ravens O-line, they'd be making a push for the last wildcard spot, and I'm not joking about that.

At least we have Constanzo. He did a decent job on Jared Allen all things considered. Held him without a sack. Although Andrew Luck had alot to do with that with his ability to elude Allen on several occasions. ha..ha.

Oline needs work and will probably be a hodge podge mess throughout the season. Some consistency would help tighten some things up a bit but by and large this thing needs to be totally revamped in the offseason. Constanzo is the cornerstone.

I read somewhere Castonzo only held Allen to two hurries. Probably the ones where Luck was running for his life. I did see Allen lined up over the RT a few times though.