Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders Get Terrelle Pryor

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821a49b2/article/raiders-select-pryor-in-third-round-of-nfl-supplemental-draft?module=HP11_breaking_news

Typical Raiders selection. They like 'em fast. My real question is what was Pryor's expression when he found out he was picked by Oakland? I would have been like, "Oh snap, time to retire!" Unless the family was on camera during the announcement, I can imagine they were like, "Ehh, at least you'll be making good money!"

I hope Pryor can adjust to having a new head coach every season or every other season. Even when a coach does decent (Tom Cable), Al Davis fires them.

Here's a good article about Terrelle Pryor basically meeting a dead-end with Oakland.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApmuN4oK8xupydC.gbDEadFDubYF?slug=jc-cole_raiders_terrelle_pryor_quarterback082211

So even though Mallett and Pryor were given similar draft status projections, Mallett is now much more likely to succeed in the NFL, simply because the Pats took him. Meanwhile, Pryor may trail off due to a lack of direction and leadership. If Hue Jackson scolds Pryor, Al Davis may breathe down on Jackson, just as he did Tom Cable and Lane Kiffin with Jamarcus Russell. At the end of the day, Hue Jackson is just another Tom Cable or Lane Kiffin. They may coach different, act different, or be different, but old Al Davis is too conceited and wants to win NOW, since Al Davis knows he doesn't have much time left on Mother Earth. If Hue Jackson doesn't deliver Al Davis a strong season, Hue Jackson gets the boot, and Pryor is left to suffer.

Basically, I feel sorry for Pryor. He got swept into an awful situation with no means of escape (except retirement). Perhaps this is bad karma in retaliation for Pryor's past actions.

I feel sorry for the young man - the nicest thing I can say about Davis is he's a piece of work. I hope he lives forever :-) The Raiders were starting to show some promise and he turned things upside down AGAIN!

Davis: My head coach is actually pretty good and he swept the division while giving us our first non-losing season in a long time, while still showing lots of room for improvement? Let's fire him!

Davis: My head coach is actually pretty good and he swept the division while giving us our first non-losing season in a long time, while still showing lots of room for improvement? Let's fire him!

The NFL needs to take over this franchise or force him to step down. The dudes obviously lost his marbles. I feel sorry for the Raiders fans. How on earth could you keep on cheering for them when their owner year in and year out destroys the team chemistry. If I was a player and got drafted by them I'd pull an Eli and refuse. Btw where is Cable at now? Guy definitely has potential to be a good coach.

The NFL needs to take over this franchise or force him to step down. The dudes obviously lost his marbles. I feel sorry for the Raiders fans. How on earth could you keep on cheering for them when their owner year in and year out destroys the team chemistry. If I was a player and got drafted by them I'd pull an Eli and refuse. Btw where is Cable at now? Guy definitely has potential to be a good coach.

If I remember correctly, he is now coaching in Seattle