Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agent Rumors?

PrincetonTiger

I'd take my chances putting Mcglynn on the wire, activate Hicks, whats the worst that can happen? we lose Mcglynn? :lol: Chances of him playing worse or honestly even as bad as Mcglynn pretty slim from what I saw of Hicks when he was in the games, hes not a great starter by any stretch but Mcglynn? seriously?

yea hanson and koppen are my picks. and Dixon from the eagles, he can be a reserve NT for us i think. to give mookie some breathers

We already got a backup NT. I don't think Dixon would be any better than the guy we got and apparently Grigson didn't either because he had a chance to get him but chose not to.

Chap said Indy will be 40-50 million under the cap next season. I can't really remember the exact number but it was HUGE.

I really hope they don't blow it all on 2 or 3 "superstars" and just pile up a lot of "above average" players.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DB&y=2013

Jake Long would be interesting...

But I see a lot of pretty dang good CB's that will be on the market next season...

Chap said Indy will be 40-50 million under the cap next season. I can't really remember the exact number but it was HUGE.

I really hope they don't blow it all on 2 or 3 "superstars" and just pile up a lot of "above average" players.

http://www.kffl.com/...ption=DB&y=2013

Jake Long would be interesting...

But I see a lot of pretty dang good CB's that will be on the market next season...

I don't see them signing any superstars....just solid starters. The "Redskins Model" hasnt proved real successful and I would guess that Grigson probably wants to keep the Cap flexibility that diversification provides.

I think next year we are going to target a starting 3/4 NT in free agency. It doesn't have to be a Super Star but a pretty solid proven starter. I think we will start a star tackle or guard if the Colts can get our hands on one. I would also look for us to add another solid proven o-lineman on top of that again that player doesn't need to be star just a proven starter to round out the line. Those two players plus another year under Castonzo's belt plus assuming Satele pans out leaves the Colts hoping that one of the other three guys pans out to fill out the line (I'd bet on Reitz).

Don't forget out of that money will also need to pay McAfee and Powers for sure in all likely hood (although if Powers has another injury Grigson may think about that one and both maybe restricted free agents not 100% sure on that one) They will also have to make a decision about Freeney and Stanton as well.

From there I think if the Colts can make a play on a star WR they would go for it but it wouldn't shock me if they target that in the first round of the draft.

I was just thinkin Igor Olshansky, he is familiar with the 3-4, yeah he played 8 games last year due to injury but he is only 30 and we can put Matthews on the PS (releasing Kashif Moore) if Igor is healthy

I don't think Matthews can go to the PS with the amount of games he's played in already. I don't really see Igor being THAT big of an upgrade to warrant making a move for the guy especially if he's not going to start.

We already got a backup NT. I don't think Dixon would be any better than the guy we got and apparently Grigson didn't either because he had a chance to get him but chose not to.

Agreed. I think its rather odd that Chapman is not on the PUP, so how does that work with him being on the reserve/injured list? Is he able to come back when ever the Colts feel he's ready? If that's the case and from the way it sounds Josh could be back fairly soon.

I think next year we are going to target a starting 3/4 NT in free agency. It doesn't have to be a Super Star but a pretty solid proven starter. I think we will start a star tackle or guard if the Colts can get our hands on one. I would also look for us to add another solid proven o-lineman on top of that again that player doesn't need to be star just a proven starter to round out the line. Those two players plus another year under Castonzo's belt plus assuming Satele pans out leaves the Colts hoping that one of the other three guys pans out to fill out the line (I'd bet on Reitz).

Don't forget out of that money will also need to pay McAfee and Powers for sure in all likely hood (although if Powers has another injury Grigson may think about that one and both maybe restricted free agents not 100% sure on that one) They will also have to make a decision about Freeney and Stanton as well.

From there I think if the Colts can make a play on a star WR they would go for it but it wouldn't shock me if they target that in the first round of the draft.

Let Stanton and Freeney walk! We have Harnish as the backup QB. Freeney will get replaced in the 1st round of the NFL Draft.

Agreed. I think its rather odd that Chapman is not on the PUP, so how does that work with him being on the reserve/injured list? Is he able to come back when ever the Colts feel he's ready? If that's the case and from the way it sounds Josh could be back fairly soon.

I believe he can't come back till after week 6. Not positive on that, but I think thats how it works.

I look for Chapman and Mookie to be the main guys for the next couple of years at NT. Chapman is already a true NT anyways and I would let him get acclimated for a year or two unless some beast just happens to fall in their lap. I would also give Mookie some time as well. It seems he's beginning to grow in the position as well.

WIth Hughes, Addison, and Brown giving great depth behind Freeney and Mathis, I look for the Colts to target either another OT or premier ILB to take Angerer's spot in the draft and grab the other in FA. Sorry, but the guy just isn't big enough to be run support in this scheme. He wasn't anything spectacular when playing the Mike in the 4-3. heck, he may not even be able to come back and take the spot away from Freeman.

I would be very shocked if the Colts went WR with ANY pick next year in the draft or FA. Unless its Fitzgerald, or Johnson/Johnson or a guaranteed clone of any of those guys coming out of college, I don't think its worth a high pick especially when that's one of the few spots that loaded on this team.

I don't think Matthews can go to the PS with the amount of games he's played in already. I don't really see Igor being THAT big of an upgrade to warrant making a move for the guy especially if he's not going to start.

Nope I just read the rule, Matthews cant

I do think we will end up with one superstar or two if we part ways with Freeney, and I say this because if you look at Grigson's past, he has a history of taking the best player available in FA. Take a look at the Eagles for example when they put together their so called dream team although it never panned out it shows Grigson's mind set which is, bring in the best player possible for the price. Next offseason will be very interesting.

Not looking for MJD to be apart of this team either, but please explain how can you be on the downside of your career at 27 years old and putting up more rushing yards then any other RB in the NFL I mean to me thats crazy, I know most RB slow down at 30, so he has 3 years left before 30 and the tires fall off but I bet you his production stays at a high level. I just want to know any new news on him and his hold out being in our divisions an all.

Not looking for MJD to be apart of this team either, but please explain how can you be on the downside of your career at 27 years old and putting up more rushing yards then any other RB in the NFL I mean to me thats crazy, I know most RB slow down at 30, so he has 3 years left before 30 and the tires fall off but I bet you his production stays at a high level. I just want to know any new news on him and his hold out being in our divisions an all.

Some of it I believe is the organization trying to establish leverage against MJD psychologically, and the other part of it is looking at things from a risk stand point. When you go back and look at a guy like Jamal Anderson who used to play for the Falcons, I remember he had that career year where he had 410 carries and then after that he started blowing out his knees forcing him to retire around age 29. MJD had about 343 carries last year which is about 50 plus carries shy of the 400 mark, so they are probably asking themselves how long can he keep it going before something like Jamal Anderson starts to happen?

Obviously MJD has been pretty durable in his career, and so far hasn't had any major injuries that I can think of. But when you have a guy that's carrying the ball that much and he has 2 years left on his contract it's wise for the Jags to let him finish out his contract before deciding to pay him any more big money. I think internally they are really saying he is on the downside in relationship to all of the carries that he is now taking. The higher the carries get, the closer you are to the downside of your career.

If you want my personal opinion I still think he is still a baller and will show that this year! Hopefully it ain't against us...

Im not saying he is better or worse, but i dont feel comfortable with just 2 guys there. what happens if AJ goes down to injury...only 1 guy again, thats why i was saying maybe we should look for another option

Im not saying he is better or worse, but i dont feel comfortable with just 2 guys there. what happens if AJ goes down to injury...only 1 guy again, thats why i was saying maybe we should look for another option

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I think if A.J. gets injured we'll probably bring Chigbo up from the PS.