Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb Problem

Cut all 3 of our QBs and get either Quinn, Tebow, or Clausen.... Any 3 would solve our back-up problem. Any 3 could start game 1 and we'd have a chance to win... Quinn would be a great fit. Clausen would be the 2nd best, and Tebow 3rd best. Keep putting it off and we'll get to game 1 and if Manning still can't play than we'd be starting Addai as QB... We need to solve our back-up problem sooner opposed to later

All 3 would be too expensive. None of them would be groomed to be Mannings replacement so why waste a high draft pick on a guy who is just going to carry the clip board. Also, none of them would come in here and learn the offensive fast enough to start if Manning is out for the 1st game.

It's too late to go out and try to find someone who is going to come in and save our season if Manning is out for any amount of time. We just have to hope that Irsay and the rest are smart enough to know that, and that they are confident that Manning will be playing week 1.

We have to bite the bullet with cost and get a back-up that can run our offense. Their goal has been to build the team to make Manning have a strong last 5 years, but without a back-up QB, than whenever he isn't playing than we will get destroyed. If every game he is out due to this recurring injury means we lose the game, than that is a season-killer.

I wouldn't mind Brady Quinn playing for us; I just mind his price. As it was stated earlier in the thread, all three of the guys you mentioned would be too expensive. It wouldn't surprise me if we wait 2 years to get a QB in the draft. That would give the backup 1 year to play in our system under his rookie contract after Peyton retires. If he does not prove himself, I'm sure our draft position will be low enough to draft a quality starter for the future.