Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comeback Player of the Year

IndyTrav

Maybe they can Co win it & recognize both as great achievements

I think that would be nice as each has an injury that effect their games and are different injuries and different stories . . . CO-CPOY would be nice . . . i know they have done it a few times with most recently with Bruschi and Steve Smith . . .

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that would be nice as each has an injury that effect their games and are different injuries and different stories . . . CO-CPOY would be nice . . . i know they have done it a few times with most recently with Bruschi and Steve Smith . . .

I dont remember them doing it, though of course take your word for it , but think such a case can be made for each and each is so stellar at what they do, it would be a JUST thing to do to recognize 2 great achievments and not nick pick which is a level greater when in any other year their probably wouldnt be much competition

Have a good Night , computer off

4 neck surgeries for Peyton, poor triceps strength, we dont have a precedent, or do we??? AP's knee injury precedents, do we have any???

Ultimately, it depends on whose injury is considered more serious to come back from to produce at a high level for their position and the variables surrounding their comeback.

To me, AP's injury MAY have had the more physically demanding rehab but Peyton's comeback had a pretty physically demanding rehab as well but also a mental component that accompanied it to a higher degree because of him having to cut ties to a system he knew like the back of his hand to another system and other variables too. If Peyton had to come back to Wayne and his Colts' offensive system and a familiar set of coaches and conditioning staff, AP gets the nod. But with Peyton going to a different division, stadium, players, training staff for rehab, and offensive system, he has had to overcome far more variables in his comeback than AP, hands down, in addition to all the physical work he had to put in to get back to 100% strength. Just because he is playing close to the Peyton of old, we have forgotten all that we had read and written about his arm strength, accuracy etc.

Remember, Brett Favre went to the Vikings because he knew the system Childress ran and it was very similar to what he ran at Green Bay. He knew the division, knew the system, all those things could not be applied for Peyton. Heck, Brady got comeback player of the year for coming back to a system he was familiar with and producing excellent numbers in 2009. Peyton should in fact walk away with this award, the more I think about the variables involved in his comeback.

Chad, I am not so quick to say that PM is going into a totally new system . . . from what I can see, and have read and heard, they are basically implementing a colts like offense . .. and are running a offense similair to what PM ran in Indy, not to mention the fact that they have brought in Tamme and Stokley, two familiar teammates of PM . . .

So for me I look at it as more that his teammates are trying to learn the system that PM has run succussfully for 12 years as opposed to shoe horning PM into what Denver runs . . . so surely there an element of teaching and bringing up to speed his teammate and of coarse new physical surroundings (plus having to manage 21 pizza joints :party: ) to cause some degree of getting used too . . .and although I think it is a factor, I am not so sure i would put as big a factors that others might put on it . . .

for me its still the performance and if he can kep the ball rolling at the level he is now, and AP fads, I can see the CPOY going to him . . .

davis_2.jpg

/thread

Entering this season Thomas Davis had played in only 4 games since October 2009. The ACL in his right knee was completely torn & reconstructed THREE times in less than 23 months. The last injury occured in week 2 of last season. Everyone assumed his career was over. There was no way a player could tear the same ACL 3 times in 2 years & play again in the NFL.

Thomas Davis took a $6 million per year paycut this offseason & endured a 3rd reconstructive surgery & rehab to remain a Carolina Panther & return to the NFL. Doctors told him it was too risky & he wouldn't be able to stay healthy. The fan base, while they love him, were convinced he was done & would only get himself hurt again. Thomas Davis is not only back on the field, he is starting & playing at an All-Pro level. He is the anchor of our defense, a team captain, & playing great football.

29 year old linebacker, right ACL reconstructed 3 times in 23 months, playing at an All-Pro level. The NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award should already be on his mantle.

this

(plus having to manage 21 pizza joints :party: ) . . .

CPOY .

I think u nailed it,

it all depends what he does with the DOUGH ( Not as in Money ) he has them adjust to, the sauce decided on and the way the team throws the dough in the air and spins it without dropping that counts all min unison, not to mention the even distribution of his many additions across the Pizza field, that is the way he spreads his pepperoni, cheese, sausage and what nots around showing his versatility

I heard he may come out with a play fake pizza, u think u are getting extra cheese but under that extra cheese is a hidden layer of pepperoni to spice up the action & score with the taste buds

RE CPOY I cant please watch someone & comment

ESPN has issued another poll, asking fans to weigh in on who has had the better comeback season, Manning or Vikings RB Adrian Peterson. To share your thoughts, use the hashtag #APvsPeyton.

NFL on ESPN

@ESPNNFL

Which player has had the better comeback season? Peyton Manning or Adrian Peterson? Use hashtag # APvsPeyton and watch NFL LIVE WED 4pm

http://blog.denverbr...ay-has-arrived/

Dont think I can watch , if anyone does, please comment

ESPN has issued another poll, asking fans to weigh in on who has had the better comeback season, Manning or Vikings RB Adrian Peterson. To share your thoughts, use the hashtag #APvsPeyton.

NFL on ESPN

@ESPNNFL

Which player has had the better comeback season? Peyton Manning or Adrian Peterson? Use hashtag # APvsPeyton and watch NFL LIVE WED 4pm

http://blog.denverbr...ay-has-arrived/

Dont think I can watch , if anyone does, please comment

I've followed the hash tag a little bit.

It's a pretty close race. Maybe 60/40 Peyton over AP.

Same comments we have all made here. Peyton on a new team. Playing MVP level. AP leading the league in rushing. Vikes having a stellar season.

One interesting mention I saw was Mike Williams down in TB. Although not doing what Peyton/AP are, he does deserve recognition.

Same comments we have all made here. Peyton on a new team. Playing MVP level. AP leading the league in rushing. Vikes having a stellar season.

One interesting mention I saw was Mike Williams down in TB. Although not doing what Peyton/AP are, he does deserve recognition.

Thanks, I couldn't figure how to follow hash tag , so thought was entirely reported at 4 on ESPN show, also checked out espn wwebssite & drew a blank , unless u mean counting as people comment on twitter , just dont have that spare time

I imagine if one looks are deserving players, but Names like PM & AP just stand out

read some tweets, some are wreird comments & reasons, I agree with its a tie as most fare but of course favor Peyton

Love comment Peyton had longer to recover as out an entire year, ( also had 4 surgeries & was injured really years back , should of had procedure then, how serious, tried so hard to avoid the last surgery u go to Europe to try stem cells, he knew he had trouble

or won said would be Peyton if was his arm not neck, , guess doesnt understand how nerves feed triceps so is neck & arm in a sense and believe me as a Dr u have to educate that muscle to use same mechanics as best one can ( personal experience with this )

but all i opinions are valid and may just be what one feels the day of the actuall vote

manning in a runaway....peterson is coming soon than expected, but nobody doubted he would back. many had the opinion that manning was done, or at least would be a washed up noodle arm....and some had that conclusion after the falcons game. i'm sorry, but this shouldn't even be close.

After today. I am going to stand firm in my belief that AP should win it.

It's a QB league at the end if the day so Manning will win it.

But AP only missed 4 games last year. Manning didn't even play at all last year. But the way AP rebounded form that torn ACL is insane. Looks like he got better. But he still put up respectable #s last year. Whereas Peyton had no stat line.

One could make an argument for Manning and or Peterson and maybe one or two others. Both have returned as if they haven't missed a beat and are tops in the league at their positions. I could see some voters splitting the vote and some making a judgement based on what other potential awards either might win, Manning(MVP), Peterson(OPOY).

I dont think AP has had to overcome as much as Peyton did. AP is on the same team, same system, and does the running work.

Peyton on the other has a new home, new team, new coaches, new players, new system and was out longer than AP. Also the QB position is tougher to play, especially when you have a cerebral QB like Manning where its all about timing, reading defenses, and running an entire offense.

AP does not have those same obstacles.

Ya, I am biased, but really.. Manning has this won by a long shot. Both are right now the best at their positions, but when it comes down to it, Manning has the harder job and the most scrutiny if he lets up.

lol every year this board has Manning as the MVP. Its not called the Peyton Manning award, he's having a good year as most any other QB on a team that was 1 game removed from the AFC Championship last year with a signal caller behind center that completed 1-2 passes some weeks. The Broncos were already a good team that was able to rack off wins with Tebow completing like 5% of passes some games, so no its not surprising that Manning has come in and lead them to 6 wins. Hes having a good year, but to call him MVP at this juncture is pretty ridiculous and is just homerism.. He should not be in the first place running for MVP, hes not doing anything that the Broncos didn't do last year as far as winning is concerned and hes not putting up eye popping numbers either.

Adrian Peterson people were saying wouldn't be the same player this year period, nevermind 4-5 months removed from RECONSTRUCTIVE KNEE SURGERY. Hes on pace for some ridiculous yardage and has helped carry his team to an awesome record in an extremely tough division. Not only has he performed well in nearly every single game this year, but hes done it against fiersome defenses like the 49ers as well. Hes a machine, defying all odds and carrying that Vikings team on his back with some huge games... Just watch the games hes played in, the runs he busts loose sometimes are at absolute critical points in the game, and he does that running the ball!

Im not going to hate on Manning or anything, but holy cow.. Open your eyes and recognize that there are other amazing players in this league, not just your lover boy Manning. If you guys had it your way you would just give him the MVP every year before a snap was even played, and any other award you could possibly make a stake to for him..

MVP? Really guys? Really?

Wow..

Brady broke Manning's TD record and had what is considered to be one of the greatest QB seasons EVER in the history of the league and people on this board were still saying Manning is MVP. The year Rodgers had that outstanding year, people on this board were saying Manning is the MVP.

Look at Andrew Luck, hes a rookie and hes got his team in contention for the division title... It wasn't all just Manning there, a rookie is finding success with the Colts.. Manning is now finding some success with a very powerful Broncos team.. I don't get it.. Manning is good, yea, but MVP? Not a chance after only these first 8 games, he would have to blow teams away for the rest of the year to get that title.

I dont think AP has had to overcome as much as Peyton did. AP is on the same team, same system, and does the running work.

Peyton on the other has a new home, new team, new coaches, new players, new system and was out longer than AP. Also the QB position is tougher to play, especially when you have a cerebral QB like Manning where its all about timing, reading defenses, and running an entire offense.

AP does not have those same obstacles.

Ya, I am biased, but really.. Manning has this won by a long shot. Both are right now the best at their positions, but when it comes down to it, Manning has the harder job and the most scrutiny if he lets up.

If you play the team card, I believe it favors AP. Sure Manning is on a new team. A team in a weak division with solid OL and Weapons, coming off a playoff season...AP is on a team that is now 6-4 (due in a very large part to his rushing) that finished 3-13 last season, in possibly the toughest division in football....

Manning may be new to the team, but he had all offseason and training camp. AP did not.

Manning is leading 1 category amongst his peers and its an extremely subjective one. QB Rating. He's 4th in comp. 10 in att. 5th yds. 3rd in TD. 5th ypg. Overall a fairly awesome season so far.

AP amongst his peers is 1st in yards. 2nd TDs. 3rd in YPC. 1st in ypg.

To me it's more impressive that AP experienced and rehabbed a serious injury in 8 months compared to Manning experiencing and rehabbing a serious injury in 18ish months.

lol every year this board has Manning as the MVP.

...and look at what happened last year with no Peyton. I'm just saying that his absence indicated his potential Value to the team.

AP is awesome this year too. I'm just glad I'm not the one responsible for giving out a fancy meaningless award.

I dont think AP has had to overcome as much as Peyton did.

What? He got his knee SHREDDED in December of last year... Within 5 months, he made a return to the NFL field at the RB position, one of the most brutal and physically demanding positions in the NFL.. The fact that he was even able to make it back for week 1 is an amazing achievement in itself, but the fact that he didn't just make it back to football, hes DOMINATING his position and carrying that Vikings team on his back. Manning had over 1 year to rest his body and he had an entire offseason and training camp with his Broncos teammates...

A good feat in its own right, but to suggest that Adrian Peterson didn't have as big of a hill to climb is ludicrous. They were talking about it on NFL network, how its not fair at all the lack of media attention that AP is getting right now, because what he is accomplishing is simply an astonishing miracle every single week.. People don't say that about Manning, people expect Manning to be a good QB, especially when one of the worst QBs in the entire league was able to lead that team to the playoffs last year.

Also the QB position is tougher to play

What does that have to do with anything? Yea its tougher to play mentally, but by that logic we should just give every single award to a QB every single year, why bother recognizing any other position on the field? The QB position is tougher MENTALLY, but the Running Back position is tougher PHYSICALLY, which is a much greater achievement for AP to overcome the physical obstacles in the most violent position in pro sports while recovering from a total reconstruction of his knee...

Ya, I am biased,

Obviously.

Fair enough....

Here's my conclusion. I guess it gets into what we mean by 'comeback'

Peterson did come back sooner than expected from a major knee injury...no minimizing that..

But he came back in Minnesota..where he'd played for years.....He leads the NFL in rushing...and if he is named 'comeback player' I would not be unhappy

Peterson seems like a quiet guy who respects the game..and plays hard even when his team is not doing well.. I like that kind

But Manning was fired by his team and some suggested he should hang it up....doctors told him there was NO timetable on when his arm would come back......

Then he want to Denver to replace a pop culture icon had hypnotized the fan base and some didnt want him...

He basically moved into the Denver complex and worked to get his arm strength back and learn a largely new offense.... he had no option of sitting out early games...so played through the early 'rag arm' moments..they were 1-3

..and now he's leading the league in passing at age 36...and remember all the graphs on this forum of who QBs decline in their late 30s??

I hear how he's just doing what Peyton Manning has always done..and that's true...I think that makes my point

The bottom line to me is that Peterson wasnt replaced by a younger man and asked to take his family and leave town if he wanted to keep going.....

..what Manning is doing is stronger than what AP is doing because Manning was cut...had to go....to a place he'd never lived before..

and he's come back..and is on pavce to be betre than he was in 2010

Its all in what you call a comeback..

...and look at what happened last year with no Peyton. I'm just saying that his absence indicated his potential Value to the team.

AP is awesome this year too. I'm just glad I'm not the one responsible for giving out a fancy meaningless award.

I don't fully agree, that was just the team giving up on themselves and "Sucking For Luck," to secure their franchise QB for the next 15 years.. You now have a rookie at QB and hes got the Colts in contention for the AFC South. A rookie. So thats proof that it wasn't all just Peyton Manning. He was a big part of it, but a rookie has them at 6 wins right now..

Manning and Luck have the same number of wins right now. Manning is doing it with a dominating defense and a playoff caliber team. Luck is doing it with a team that won like 2 games all of last year and looked like they were going to have to rebuild for the next 5 years to compete.

So I say again, MVP? Really?

Manning hasn't shown MVP status on the Broncos.. Hes won as many games as Tim Tebow did last year at this point. The Broncos were a solid team last year, one of the best running the football and their defense is awesome. They nearly made the AFC Championship game last year, so it was to be expected that Manning would have at least similar success as Tim Tebow, the most awful QB in football.

I don't fully agree, that was just the team giving up on themselves and "Sucking For Luck," to secure their franchise QB for the next 15 years.. You now have a rookie at QB and hes got the Colts in contention for the AFC South. A rookie. So thats proof that it wasn't all just Peyton Manning. He was a big part of it, but a rookie has them at 6 wins right now..

Manning and Luck have the same number of wins right now. Manning is doing it with a dominating defense and a playoff caliber team. Luck is doing it with a team that won like 2 games all of last year and looked like they were going to have to rebuild for the next 5 years to compete.

Manning hasn't shown MVP status on the Broncos.. Hes won as many games as Tim Tebow did last year at this point. The Broncos were a solid team last year, one of the best running the football and their defense is awesome. They nearly made the AFC Championship game last year, so it was to be expected that Manning would have at least similar success as Tim Tebow, the most awful QB in football.

No way did they lose on purpose last year

AFC south has 2 good teams, and 2 bad

Peyton had hardest nfl sched but easy rest of way save for Tampa, balt & maybe chargers, new wr alexander aws great yesterday, whats with Rivers is unknown

If Denver had all that chemistry & belief in early part of season just may have beat Texans, Falcons & New England, then they were fumbling all over the place & not recovering 1

Luck is playing fantastic , yes, I also think alot of the wins lately, is using a3-4 Vs a 4-3 D, u cant at all compare the ciaching of Arians & paagano before him, look at way we used Tim Jennings for years, coaching to makes a diffrence and these coaches knoww what the are doing, Arians deserves to be a Coach in his own right, also

Love how they are using wane to line up all over the field creating mismatches, this was rarely used v befotre though we saw when used was effective

Team is playing inspired for Pagano tioo

Nothing here is meant to take away from lucks accomplisments, I am glass Drew was out last game, he throws an entirely different dynamic into jax offense and game pplana against him

This is a strage year, we beat Packers and they blow out texans the next week

who were these Titans yesterday & sudennly Tannehill throws 3 ITS

Just saying a weird year where anything happens

Phillips turned around texans D in 1 year and our D playing better too this in first year as 3-4

What? He got his knee SHREDDED in December of last year... Within 5 months, he made a return to the NFL field at the RB position, one of the most brutal and physically demanding positions in the NFL.. The fact that he was even able to make it back for week 1 is an amazing achievement in itself, but the fact that he didn't just make it back to football, hes DOMINATING his position and carrying that Vikings team on his back. Manning had over 1 year to rest his body and he had an entire offseason and training camp with his Broncos teammates...

A good feat in its own right, but to suggest that Adrian Peterson didn't have as big of a hill to climb is ludicrous. They were talking about it on NFL network, how its not fair at all the lack of media attention that AP is getting right now, because what he is accomplishing is simply an astonishing miracle every single week.. People don't say that about Manning, people expect Manning to be a good QB, especially when one of the worst QBs in the entire league was able to lead that team to the playoffs last year.

What does that have to do with anything? Yea its tougher to play mentally, but by that logic we should just give every single award to a QB every single year, why bother recognizing any other position on the field? The QB position is tougher MENTALLY, but the Running Back position is tougher PHYSICALLY, which is a much greater achievement for AP to overcome the physical obstacles in the most violent position in pro sports while recovering from a total reconstruction of his knee...

Obviously.

lmao, what a joke. This is all coming from a Patriots fan.. i'll take your AP lovin rant for what it worth.. nothing.

Guess he didnt deserve those other 4 NFL MVP's too huh.. Brady should have won those as well I bet.

lmao, what a joke. This is all coming from a Patriots fan.. i'll take your AP lovin rant for what it worth.. nothing.

Guess he didnt deserve those other 4 NFL MVP's too huh.. Brady should have won those as well I bet.

I'm unbiased here, and I think it is a legitimate argument. Of course, QBs almost always get the MVP, but AD should definitely be considered. He has overcome a lot, though I am in no way downplaying what Manning has overcome either.

Oh, may I add this is a COLTS Forum. So why in your twisted view would we not want to put him as NFL MVP?

Perhaps you need to visit the Broncos Board and find out just how bad that team was.. I'm sure they would be more than happy to let you know. BTW, Tebow sucks. You as a Pats fan should know that after playing him last year in the playoffs with an 8-8 team that struggled. The pats spanked the Broncos defense and offense with Tebow at the helm. Hows he doin in NY btw? Oh right, sorry.. he's the BACKUP!

Oh, may I add this is a COLTS Forum. So why in your twisted view would we not want to put him as NFL MVP?

Perhaps you need to visit the Broncos Board and find out just how bad that team was.. I'm sure they would be more than happy to let you know. BTW, Tebow sucks. You as a Pats fan should know that after playing him last year in the playoffs with an 8-8 team that struggled. The pats spanked the Broncos defense and offense with Tebow at the helm. Hows he doin in NY btw? Oh right, sorry.. he's the BACKUP!

The Broncos were one win away from the AFC Championship Game, and Tebow revived the team and the frustrated fanbase. Say what you will about his quarterbacking, but you can't deny that.

The Broncos were one win away from the AFC Championship Game, and Tebow revived the team and the frustrated fanbase. Say what you will about his quarterbacking, but you can't deny that.

Never have. But New England made him and that team pay in the Playoffs. So for a Pats fan to say he was so good and the team was so good.. is just funny to me. Especially after that game.

Never have. But New England made him and that team pay in the Playoffs. So for a Pats fan to say he was so good and the team was so good.. is just funny to me. Especially after that game.

I think the Patriot fan called Tebow the most awful QB in the league, and is saying that he still managed to get that team to the playoffs, which, I'm guessing, is his reflection on the Broncos being a very good team before PM came to town.

Its not called the Peyton Manning award

No it's not. It should be though. Maybe the league will bestow that honor upon the award when he retires. He has 4 at the moment(an argument could be made that total should be higher), he also could easily bring home #5 this year and who knows about the next 4-6 years.

It would be the perfect way to honor the face of the NFL for well over a decade. Oh and if it rubs Patriots fans and the charter(and new members) of the Hate all Things Manning club the wrong way, then that is just the cherry on top.

To the Comeback Player award....

It's a two-man race... Peyton and Peterson. Wayne is so far a distant candidate that he's barely on the radar.

And, for my money, as wonderful as Peterson has been and his recovery from a knee injury is nothing short of miraculous, it simply can not compare to recovering from 4 neck surgeries that impacted his right (throwing) arm.!!

Miraculous doesn't even begin to cover that.... beyond incredible. And we didn't even mention going to a new team and installing a new offense while he's figuring out his throwing all over again....

It's the Football Story of the Year.....

Peterson's story --- great. :thmup:

Manning's story --- unbelievable! :thmup::thmup::thmup::thmup::thmup::thmup:

Wayne? Reggie Wayne? He played last year and did pretty well...almost 1,000 yards.

How many times did we debate in this forum as to whether Manning would ever play again...?

..and the fact that he was fired and sent packing trumps almost everything.....

Peterson never left his team and AP did play and rush for almost 1,000 yards last year.....Manning couldnt go for 16 weeks

I agree with NCF.....Manning coming back to throw for 5,000 yards...after sitting out almost 18 months is one of the greatest NFL stories of our time

The only mention of Brady I even made was to paint a picture of a pattern that no matter what anyone else does every year, fans here think Manning is MVP every single time. I never once said that Brady should be MVP, Im able to actually remain unbias and appreciate other spectacular players in this league that deserve credit for being beasts at their position and are extremely valuable to their franchise.

There are only 2 years where I really felt that Brady made a solid claim to the MVP, but funny enough colts fans still thought it was Peyton Manning. Heck, you eve wanted him to win the award when he didn't even play last year! I can respect the passion and loyalty towards someone, but thats not how I vote for MVPs... Save that junk for the pro bowl where it belongs. What Adrian Peterson is doing this year is phenomenal and is easily top 3 for the MVP this year.

You said all I need to know though Broncolt, I stated an opinion in support of someone who isn't Peyton Manning and also is in no way tied to my favorite team the Patriots, and your response is that my well thought out response was "worth nothin." When you want to talk intelligently, I'll be here Broncolt, but if you're just going to be a homer * that rejects everything someone says because they're a fan of another team, then please don't respond to any more of my posts on this message board.

Well for one, Manning doesn't even play for the Colts anymore, but secondly.. just because you're a fan of someone or something doesn't mean that they should win an MVP award every year. There are other great players in this league that are even more important to their franchises right now than Manning is to the Broncos. That isn't to say that Manning isn't good, or that he's not valuable.. its simply stating that there are other people that are also valuable to their franchises, and given the Broncos record last year under a horrible QB, a backup quality QB (your words, not mine), the Broncos were able to get to the playoffs.

Perhaps you need to visit the Broncos Board and find out just how bad that team was..

Im a fan of the NFL, i followed the Broncos all of last year and they were not that bad... They had a solid team in place, but no Quarterback to lead it. They have a solid defense, a defense that was so good in fact that last year they were still able to win games with Tebow completing TWO passes all game long.

I'm sure they would be more than happy to let you know. BTW, Tebow sucks. You as a Pats fan should know that after playing him last year in the playoffs with an 8-8 team that struggled. The pats spanked the Broncos defense and offense with Tebow at the helm. Hows he doin in NY btw? Oh right, sorry.. he's the BACKUP!

That is sort of my point man... You just said it yourself, Tebow sucks and is a backup QB.. but he still managed to lead the Broncos to the Divisional Round of the playoffs last year. He had the Broncos at the same point as Manning has them at right now.. That speaks to how good the Broncos team as a whole is, not Peyton Manning. The Broncos are a solid team and Manning is a Hall of Fame quarterback, so with him they have the ability to compete for a Super Bowl. You're trying to make it out like Manning arrived on a white horse and a shiny cape and saved the Broncos from the wretched basement of the NFL and lifted them up into relevancy... Its simply not true.

Manning is a great QB that signed with a great team, a team that proved it could win last year with with a scrub at QB. Now Manning is that last piece of the puzzle so that they can make a legitimate shot at a title. That doesn't make him the MVP of the league, hes a piece of the puzzle in Denver, he isn't the whole show like he was in Indy, and thats a GOOD thing... A QB can't do it all on his own, he needs a solid team around him to have a legitimate chance at a SB. Manning has that now, theres a good chance he gets another ring or two because of it as well, but the Broncos were a good team long before Manning showed up.

Manning is a great QB that signed with a great team, a team that proved it could win last year with with a scrub at QB. Now Manning is that last piece of the puzzle so that they can make a legitimate shot at a title. That doesn't make him the MVP of the league, hes a piece of the puzzle in Denver, he isn't the whole show like he was in Indy, and thats a GOOD thing... A QB can't do it all on his own, he needs a solid team around him to have a legitimate chance at a SB. Manning has that now, theres a good chance he gets another ring or two because of it as well, but the Broncos were a good team long before Manning showed up.

Broncos were a good team but great, not so fast. Even now, I would not say they are a great team. With Peyton, they have the potential to be. But I do agree that they had enough pieces they could surround Peyton with and needed a QB to get them to the next level. They were a little more one dimensional under Tebow, and now they are not.

Like I said before, you can either go with the PHYSICAL freak or MENTAL freak. What is overlooked is the physical rehab Peyton had to do, that is dismissed because more of us can relate personally to a knee injury than to nerve damage and loss of triceps strength. Forget the fact he could not throw like a great NFL QB, he could not even throw like a middle school QB.

To go from that to where he is now is incredible. Less constants for Peyton - move out of town, audition with teams while rehabbing temporarily at Duke, rehab with different coach after joining Broncos, and collaborate with new OC and new teammates establishing new chemistry. AP - big knee injury, less variables in circumstances surrounding rehab, offensive blocking schemes, teammates etc.

But either way, I dont think Peyton cares because he has gotten all the accolades he needs, he just needs more rings at this point in his career. :)