Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I understand having more weapons on offense is always good but in reality would we drafting for our 4th wr? because 1-3 is basically set and indy has bigger needs on defense
  3. I don’t really have a hot take, or a bold take. But I’ll offer this….. Ballard won’t use all 7 rounds of the draft. He’s done that twice before. 2017: his first year drafting, Ballard was done about 1/3rd of the way into the 5th round. 2019: Ballard had made enough trades to have 3 picks back to back to back toward the bottom of R6. So there is precedent. I think CB taps out after R5 or R6.
  4. Listening to Mike Greenberg this morning. All the rumors of quarterbacks, when they'll be taken, which teams would trade up to get them.... I'm just reminded of how overwhelmingly glad I am that the COLTS are not being mentioned at all in the QB draft follies this year!
  5. Trade Herbert for JJ & then draft McCarthy. Hmm....
  6. I wouldn't automatically let him take a spot on the roster, but he'd most likely be the odd man out. I'd probably try and trade him, but more realistically just release him.
  7. Then Harrison Jr. pulls an Elway and Esiason and refuses to play for Indy.
  8. I'm betting that quarterbacks will drop, and everyone will freak out. Just like Levis, people thought he would go in the top of the first. I have the same feeling about a lot of these quarterbacks.
  9. Daniel Jeremiah has 5 QBs get taken off the board before us and having us land Bowers at 15. Jeremiah is not to sleep on, he can be very accurate with his inside information.
  10. The Athletic’s last mock has Broncos nabbing Bowers. We take DB Mitchell over WR Thomas and DB Arnold.
  11. Don’t necessarily disagree, but the room is just ok. Can’t pass on a prospect that could be a potential All-Pro (if he’s what reports say he is).
  12. So that's the dilemma. If you draft Bowers, what do you do with Granson this year? He's set to count $3M against the cap, and I believe this is his contract year, so I don't think a trade could happen, unless its for a 6th rounder or something.
  13. I think Bowers would immediately take Granson's snaps plus some. I don't think Mallory would last on our practice squad - he'd get picked up.
  14. Having olgetree & woods, which are both limited shouldn’t keep you from drafting Bowers. Philly had two good ones for years in goedert & ertz. I wouldn’t count on Jelani for much.
  15. I think that Bowers and Mallory as the Move TEs, and Woods with Ogletree as the Inline TEs, would improve the TE room dramatically from the Granson/Mallory....MAC/Woods/Ogletree room we have now. Probably have to put Mallory on the PS and have Granson on the roster this season though.
  16. Just a friendly reminder, it's fun to be negative (not) and before you post, know your facts. Ballard has been the GM for 7 seasons 2017-2023, not 9.
  17. I'll jump in too. Do you think that MAC, Ogletree, or Woods are good enough blockers? I know that has nothing to do with Bowers, which is probably the reason for the TE discussion, but to me it seems like we might have three TEs assigned to block often whom aren't really all that good at it. JMO. But I know that Ogle and Woods are young.
  18. Don't mind you answering at all - I asked because I wanted the discussion. I just think "very good" is a stretch when it's almost entirely based on hope. I think Granson and Mo are average. Mallory, Ogletree and Woods have upside and have shown a few flashes, but that doesn't make our TE room "very good" in my opinion. Worst case what we've seen from Ogletree, Mallory and Woods is their ceiling (for whatever reason). I hope our young TEs turn out great (don't get me wrong), I'd just like to see it for once instead of basing the team around what we hope. That's also why I absolutely think we need to pick Bowers if he's there at 15.
  19. There’s a bunch of guys I like. DeJean, Pearsall, Quinyon. Latu(if neck good), Bowers... there’s a bunch of others guys I’d be happy with too. I’d love Nabers or Odunze if one drops to trade up range.
  20. Today
  21. I know you did not ask me but I am of the same mind. I think the Colts’ TEs are better than most believe. I like Granson. I think Mallory is a good athlete and can make plays. I know MAC has limitations but I am not anti him like many are. I think Ogletree has real potential. And plus this is without Woods being such an unknown.
  22. Herbert's dead cap hit would roll off before Harbaugh lost his grace period with the fans. It would simply be considered part of the rebuilding years from a team that had the 5th overall draft pick, IMO. The dead cap hit, from a fanbase perspective, is a nonissue, IMO.
  23. How does anyone believe the Bears will draft a WR at 9? They have Allen, Moore, and Kmet for receiving targets. Its mind-blowing to think the Bears would go WR. There's not a chance they will do that.
  24. We should all live in negativity all the time tbh
  25. That seems fair to me, but I'm no expert when it comes to player value. I would probably suck as a general manager because I care too much about the person instead of the position. Being a manager takes a bit of cold heartedness to let people go and to trade lives and families away.
  26. Outside of that, I could've seen Harbaugh doing something like that. Hey you never know? The Broncos took an $85m(something like that) dead cap hit to shed Wilson for no compensation. Would the Chargers actually give it a thought if they could get #11,#23 and 2025 1st to do it? Maybe? Vikings would have to draft for Chargers though and trade made official after June 1st, to be able to make it happen though.
  1. Load more activity