Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. What MHJ does or doesn't do isn't really relevant to my point.
  3. When Marvin has 90-100 catches next season and over 1000 yards as a rookie + turns Murray's career around, I want you to remember this post assuming the Cards do take Marvin.
  4. It depends on how good AR will be, if he is good we can win 11 with the help of another great player, we won 9 with Minshew, should have been 10.
  5. Gotta have a trade partner.Big ? Is would Arizona trade back that far knowing they’re gonna miss out on one of those top 3 Wr’s.I would also call New England and Los Angeles too.I don’t see MHJ getting past the 4th pick unless a Minnesota or Denver trades up for one of those top QB’s.I also don’t see the Giants if they stay put at 6 not taking Nabors I think that’s who they got they’re eyes on with that pick.
  6. I think this probably isn't an objective viewpoint. I think you want fireworks, and you're an eternal optimist. Nothing wrong with that, but I think a more practical viewpoint is to acknowledge that taking huge chances isn't exactly a recipe for success. (You're going to point to examples that worked out; I'm going to counter with twice as many that failed.) The bolded especially. First, it seems like you chose 11 games because you feel like that's the target to keep up with the Texans. Second, I don't think the Colts are one player away from keeping up with the top tier of the AFC. I think a lot has to go right for the Colts to be in the mix with the Chiefs, etc. I said at the beginning of the offseason, I think we're still one draft class away from being in those discussions. But if you can talk yourself into one guy being the answer, just one playmaker holds the key for the Colts to be in contention, then yeah, identify your favorite prospect and bang the table for the Colts to do whatever they have to to get that player. That would be awesome for us. But I think the reason Ballard doesn't do that is because it's flawed team building (historically speaking), not because he's afraid.. You can promise steak dinners based on your hunches, but that's not exactly how I want the GM to make decisions.
  7. Even in 2021 draft Chase was selected 5th by the Bengals, best move they have ever made. That gave Burrow gigantic help. They did the right thing and got Burrow what he needed.
  8. The main thing I got out of this presser is that Ballard is either going through a mid life crisis, getting hair plugs , or both. He's growing his hair long in the back and always wears a hat at pressers and public appearances .
  9. Actually the 2020 Draft the one I was talking about had Herbert go at 6 and Tua went at 5, Burrow was #1. You just posted the 2021 Draft.
  10. It was the typical Chris Ballard presser that we've all seen every year he's been the Colts GM.
  11. I acknowledge that. I'm definitely not saying you can't get a good WR in the first round. And I'm not opposed to doing so. I'm just talking about draft value at a position with a ton of really good prospects every year.
  12. Ballard on OL (and WR): I definitely see a IOL somewhere in round 3-5. Maybe even a WR? We could go two WRs since we let McKenzie walk and kinda need a guy behind Downs.
  13. There is, but there are not many WR's that have came out like Marvin. He is a generational type WR. I also think Nabors will very good at worse. JMO, maybe I am wrong?
  14. Cubs are blowing the doors off the Marlins, we are about to be tied for 1st in the Central. This game is over already. 7-0 Cubs after the 3rd on the home of the 2016 World Series Champs.
  15. Good for you. But maybe a team doesn’t want to trade down to 15. Look at the 2020 draft. 1. Lawrence 2. Wilson 3. Lance 11. Fields after a trade up 15. Jones I may be missing one. But only Lawrence has worked out and many here are underwhelmed with him. The rest have not worked out. There are plenty of examples about trading up to get a guy near the top and it doesn’t work out.
  16. And I'd argue the top 4 WRs under 25 were all first round picks.
  17. If a player like Marvin doesn't work out, I will buy you a steak dinner at St Elmo, that is how sure I am that Marvin will be great. Same for Nabors.
  18. I don't know if I'd say he's opposed to WR or corner in the first. This is where my bias comes in. I think the value at WR is on Day 2, generally speaking. And I think part of the attraction to this defensive scheme is that zone based corners are easier to find and less expensive, which speaks to draft value being after the first round. That takes us back to my earlier comment -- Day 1 corners play man, which is why the Colts draft corners on Day 2. Maybe overly simplistic, but I think the point is obvious.
  19. Loved the Charlie Partridge comments, I think he will help the team immensely. Forgot to mention those comments earlier.
  20. Listening back, Ballard definitely said he was off the list. Thought that was what he said when listening love, but it was a lot to take in in short amount of time
  21. He hasn’t traded that far up because it would be way, Way , WAY too expensive. With where the Colts have been picking, it would cost a fortune. And the player still might not work out.
  22. When has he ever traded up to get a great player coming out to move into the top 5? IMO he takes the conservative approach which I am ok with, but he never takes huge chances. Don't give me, he traded up for Taylor either, it was like 3 spots in Round 2? Hell, several people in here still bash the guy for not trading up to try and get Herbert in 2020. I defended Ballard there because we got Buckner and signed Rivers.
  23. FWIW: That number…. 19-21 players with first round grades is among the largest numbers Ballard has ever made public. Some years he has tossed around numbers like 12 and 14.
  24. What makes you think Ballard is afraid of anything?
  1. Load more activity