Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks Ohio! Ok, I switch my Rd6 A pick to Isaac Guerendo RB Louisville
  3. Downs broke out in year one. He has incredible quickness off the line, and is fast enough to take most any match up deep. He also sees holes in the zones instantly, he is a great slot. We do have all the necessary receiving weapon to exploit a D. Of course a 3rd WR that plays fast would be a great add. 3rd rd makes sense.
  4. I don't think the defense is the same old. For starters, our defense is no longer undersized, and doesn't struggle against the run. If the Colts draft a man coverage corner in the first round, it will signal a major departure from the previous way of doing things, and it probably means Gus Bradley is gone after this season. I'm not against any of that happening. I just don't expect it, based on the established pattern. As for what Ballard said in his presser, he also acknowledged that the expected top three boundary corners were unavailable for most of the season. Brents was our highly drafted rookie, and only played 9 games; Flowers played four games; Rodgers was released. That left us with rookies and journeyman playing corner most of the season. With Brents in Year 2 and hopefully healthy, Flowers back and healthy, another year in for Jaylon Jones, that gives Bradley a lot more to work with in the secondary. And I think that's more what Ballard was implying with his comments. Otherwise, he probably would have signed a veteran corner already.
  5. Are you going to tell me that I haven’t heaped tons of thanks on you? How many times have I said thank you and that you are way too kind with your praise? The answer is many. I’m sorry you seem not to remember those moments. Sorry about the headache. The feeling was mutual.
  6. That has always been my issue going back to the Polian years. They preferred undersized players to fit this scheme. That was great when they had a lead and played indoors. The problem is that teams started running the ball to keep Peyton on the bench. Plus, u get in bad weather and on grass, their speed is negated and they are just a bunch of undersized players getting blown off the ball. I am in favor of building a team that can play in any environment and that can run various schemes. I see flexibility with the offence, however the D is the same old. That's why I think this is an important draft defensively. Will the Colts stray from their previous tendancies of drafting players that fit the Seattle scheme or will they deviate and say draft a man corner? Last year we were all on the edge of our seats when a trade was made at 3. Will we get our qb at 4? We were all on pins and needles till they made that pick. This draft has that same excitement for me. At 15 will Ballard and company do something different? This team needs a play maker on D and I contend that is their biggest need. I don't believe they get that player moving back. Sure u may get him at 15 but if u really want a playmaker, this just might be the year to say move up and get a guy like Mirchell and Latu who may fall because of the medical. I am not in favor of getting a wr or te. Richardson, if he is the guy, should deliver explosive plays with our current roster. Jot a fan of Gus and this scheme, but I really don't think he has a lot to work with and Ballard kind of eluded to that in his post season pressers.
  7. The move happened before the 1984 season. To put in perspective how great Luck was here, here are the top 3 QBs over 40 seasons here win wise: Regular Season as a starter 1. Peyton Manning = 141 wins 2. Andrew Luck = 53 wins 3. Jim Harbaugh = 20 wins Post Season as a starter 1. Peyton Manning = 9 wins (won the SB in 2006) 2. Andrew Luck = 4 wins 3. Jim Harbaugh = 2 wins Luck had 33 more wins than Jim did and 2 more playoff wins than Jim did. Luck is so far ahead of any QB (not named Peyton) regarding wins in the Regular Season and Post Season that it is laughable.
  8. I wonder whether there's anything to his reporting. Either way, I think he'd be better at safety / nickel. Even if the Colts view him as a boundary corner, I think they view corner as a Day 2 position. DeJean definitely helped himself on his testing. I don't think the 40 time was concerning, even if I wasn't blown away by it. His explosive numbers were very good; if you watch his high school basketball clips, you'll see his explosiveness. And like stitches said, the Colts love explosive DBs, maybe even more than they love fast DBs. And yeah, I side-eye any timed speeds when they don't happen at the Combine. There's hand timing, some surfaces are different, I've read that some tracks have a slight grade to them, etc. I don't know how they prepare all the 40 tracks, but I know that everyone that runs at the Combine gets the same surface, same conditions, etc.
  9. That would be great, however, it's all too easy to imagine Ballard saying something to the effect of, "We like our wide receiver room." He just re-signed Pittman, and may feel that Downs and Pierce will breakout in their 2nd and 3rd years respectively. Plus, the Colts have lots of TEs. I'd like to see the Colts trade-up if necessary to get Bowers or one of the 3 top WRs, but I think they'll go defense--CB, most likely.
  10. I wasn't even going to go there because I don't think what the Chiefs did in 2015 -- with John Dorsey as the GM, and Bob Sutton as the DC -- is a straight line to Ballard's team building philosophies with the Colts. Sutton was a 3-4 guy who used a lot more man coverage and asked a lot more of his boundary corners than the Colts do. They also played outside on grass, and one of the big revelations Ballard shared in 2018 is that he doesn't think dome teams should play 3-4 defense. That, on top of other deviations from what the Chiefs did when Ballard was there, makes it pretty clear that he's not trying to emulate the Chiefs' defensive approach.
  11. I agree on how the Colts view Cooper. He is a zone corner and if they drafted him, it would be in the 2nd.
  12. My guess is he will stand pat and pick Bowers if he's there and if not then trade back and get additional 2nd rd pick.
  13. Walker has stone hands, I think he will go day 3 for real. Love Corley, he is a 2nd rounder IMO, Polk is solid, Washington is good, Rice has a lot of potential, he's late day 2 pick IMO. The others are day 3 picks IMO.
  14. Before you jump to a conclusion based on that salacious headline -- not saying you did -- take a closer look at the article. "When his blood sugar’s off, he’s rude, he’s abrasive, he doesn’t pay attention in meetings. It's why you get really, really * character reports coming out of Georgia and Texas. But when his stuff is normal, and they get him normal by lunch time, he's out at practice high energy, best practice player, loves football..."" He has Type 1 diabetes. Maybe he needs to do a better job of managing it, but I thought the headline was misleading. I'm not totally disregarding the character stuff though. Further context here:
  15. WRs available Walker, Corley, Burton, Polk, Washington, Rice, McMillan, Baker, Johnny Wilson, Thrash Some of them could be available in round 4 as well
  16. Zinter will miss most of the year next year. Not sure I'd take him in the 3rd round. Love Jackson. Dorius is good. Smith is ok. Puni I have more of a 4th rounder. Taylor is a luxury pick based on our DL. Sounds like the Vikings forum is smart if these are the main options remaining.
  17. Today
  18. CB...." Yes, we plan on trading up with the Cardinals so we can draft MHJ. Mr. Irsay told me to do whatever it takes. Next question."
  19. Isaac and Kneeland have been taken by now. LBs are definitely an option as only one has been taken so far. Lot of CBs are available, I'd be comfortable picking in round 3, not earlier though. Players I'm targeting apart from LBs: Zak Zinter Khyree Jackson Brandon Dorlus Masson Smith Dominick Puni Leonard Taylor Few other CBs So, options are rich going into #82, only 17 picks to go!
  1. Load more activity