Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Getting ahead of our selves...

vinsanity

I'm pleasantly surprised but one thing we have to realized is that all the defenses we are seeing aren't running their full sets. They are very vanilla and soft. I'm curious to see what our defense will truly look like once we get the season rolling! Hughes i must say looked the best I've ever seen him look.

Well, toward the score and statistics, you're right. But the high number of effective individual efforts and the sense of pride exuding from this team is quite compelling.

Different era.. different team... Apples to Peanuts.

May be, but we both know that comparison will get ran into the ground this season. Personally I think it's a reach to expect playoffs. I'm guessing 5-7 wins and I will be happy with that. As long as I see progression and not regression as the season goes on I can't see that as a disappointment.

May be, but we both know that comparison will get ran into the ground this season. Personally I think it's a reach to expect playoffs. I'm guessing 5-7 wins and I will be happy with that. As long as I see progression and not regression as the season goes on I can't see that as a disappointment.

Yes it will. Which is .. well i'm not sure I can say what it is.

I guess I just have higher standards...

Progression is a key component. So are results.

Super Bowl or bust

:hide:

I personally think that in year 2, we have a good shot to win the division if we draft secondary and O-line or acquire those via free agency. We can give the Texans a fit this year with about 6-8 wins but we will play NFC West and AFC West next year,and Luck might end up being the best QB in the division by year 2

I've predicted 5-7 wins and preached patience here.

I'm not going to change things based on one pre-season game. I'll offer an updated prediction at the end of pre-season.

All that said..... we looked tremendous. Though St. Louis looked bored and disinterested. They looked like it was a pre-season game. We looked like we would make the playoffs with a win today. Two different approaches.

But, we looked exceptionally well coached, in all three phases of the game. That's very impressive.

It didn't look like pre-season game 1. It looked like game 4 with the regular season starting in a week. Very impressive.

Fun to watch from every point of view.... think we'll have no trouble selling every ticket now. I mean, don't you ***WANT*** to see this team?!? I sure do!

I personally think that in year 2, we have a good shot to win the division if we draft secondary and O-line or acquire those via free agency. We can give the Texans a fit this year with about 6-8 wins but we will play NFC West and AFC West next year,and Luck might end up being the best QB in the division by year 2

Yeah you know I was joking about SB or bust lol. But, I do think we can win a few more games then expected.

Next offseason we do some serious hole filling for this team.

Okay in all honesty the home schedule looks doable.

The away schedule not so much. But, we will shock the pants off of one or two teams. This team has too much hunger not to upset someone they shouldn't IMO.

and there is a pride thing too. The Colts are taking it really personal with people talking about how "bad" they are going to be. They wore warm shirts today that had the NFL power rankings on it and 32. COLTS was in big bold letters. I really think Pagano is taping into that with these guys and saying look no one believes in you they just think you all stink. Let's go show them they are wrong.

It would take the Packers over looking us a little bit and their D not improving that much but I really think we might be able to have a statement game early in the year when we play the Packers at home.

and there is a pride thing too. The Colts are taking it really personal with people talking about how "bad" they are going to be. They wore warm shirts today that had the NFL power rankings on it and 32. COLTS was in big bold letters. I really think Pagano is taping into that with these guys and saying look no one believes in you they just think you all stink. Let's go show them they are wrong.

It would take the Packers over looking us a little bit and their D not improving that much but I really think we might be able to have a statement game early in the year when we play the Packers at home.

I guess we'll see. Win or lose I am not sure I can see us getting beaten down like we did in NO last season. This team like you said is going to show a lot of pride and Pagano is going to play that up.

Packers o line is a tad iffy too.

I think we showed fantastic depth. The fact that our D dominated through 1-4th teams really helped get my hopes up for it's potential. My biggest concern remains the O-line, who seemed pretty good on rushing, but put Luck under pressure for for several plays in row...

Under pressure? Under pressure... UNDER PRESSURE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnTFNsmToHg

The team/talent I saw today would beat the Colts team on the field last year. All 3 QB`s today looked better than any of last year. The O Line and cushion the DB`s were playing with were concerning to me, but its still just 1 game. Lets hope for improvement as it goes

It looks like we are getting some good coaching, its about time, instead of a bunch of them getting cushy with their jobs. :)

Okay in all honesty the home schedule looks doable.

The away schedule not so much. But, we will shock the pants off of one or two teams. This team has too much hunger not to upset someone they shouldn't IMO.

I'll call it right now. Still think we win about 5 games but one of those will be Green Bay at our house. Some bad Colts teams have found a way to beat/tie Green Bay when they weren't supposed to.

How you predict a losing season and say getting ahead of yourself idk. lol I think 4-6 is rather realistic.

Even as a die hard fan, before preseason started I think we had shot at 2-4 wins at most. And I wouldn't have minded or complained about another losing season. Just another growing pain we all have to go through in a major turn over year.

But it gives me hopes to see the O-Line and DB going at it today. I hope we get at least .500 but I'd be very please with a 4-6 W year and another shot at solid draft picks.

I've predicted 5-7 wins and preached patience here.

I'm not going to change things based on one pre-season game. I'll offer an updated prediction at the end of pre-season.

All that said..... we looked tremendous. Though St. Louis looked bored and disinterested. They looked like it was a pre-season game. We looked like we would make the playoffs with a win today. Two different approaches.

But, we looked exceptionally well coached, in all three phases of the game. That's very impressive.

It didn't look like pre-season game 1. It looked like game 4 with the regular season starting in a week. Very impressive.

Fun to watch from every point of view.... think we'll have no trouble selling every ticket now. I mean, don't you ***WANT*** to see this team?!? I sure do!

I agree. This year will be lot more entertaining than.... past 3-4 years may I dare to say?

Even the season of Colts vs Saints, I think i was a bit worried and saw many flaws to the team. Worried more than I could enjoy it.

Not I can sit back and just enjoy Colts football again. No stress, no pressure, no problem. :number1:

I'll call it right now. Still think we win about 5 games but one of those will be Green Bay at our house. Some bad Colts teams have found a way to beat/tie Green Bay when they weren't supposed to.

I fancy our chances against an offensively challenged team like the Jets or Dolphins or even the Chiefs.

Yes, it does become more stressful when the expectations are very high, on fans, I meant.