Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton who?

Indeee

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, we will never forget Peyton. Luck did look really good, and was able to avoid some pressure by running...Its nice to see that luck not only will be teams with his arm but can also get out and gain a few yards on his feet. The Season looks like it will be a good one based of this one game

I know it's preseason game one but wow.. Luck is phenominal. Effortless. No more happy feet. I'm Impressed and every pass on the money. wow.. future looks brighter than bright

Slow your roll player...

The line is as bad as we thought it could be. Lots of work to be done there if Luck is going to have success.

Slow your roll player...

The line is as bad as we thought it could be. Lots of work to be done there if Luck is going to have success.

yes but luck looked virtually flawless despite the line play. how anyone could be less than 100% impressed is beyond me.

i bet the phone is ringing at the colts ticket office

The o line does need work and so does the D. But, for some reason I think Luck can take some hits.....he will..and he is sturdy. Teams will be gunning for him more then ever now. Today will give him more buzz then ever.

BIG test next weekend in Pittsburgh. Oh boy.....thats a D I will worry about him facing.

Don't forget. This is the first time this new era took the field together. The crowd was pumped and the score was lopsided. Luck was good. This is the best thing that could have happened to our franchise today. It worked out great.

yes but luck looked virtually flawless despite the line play. how anyone could be less than 100% impressed is beyond me.

i bet the phone is ringing at the colts ticket office

Couldn't agree more. The O-line seemed to get a little better as they went on. Yes, they need more time together but I guess people are going to find flaws in anything. Luck was absolutely awesome. Did not get rattled at all and every pass was perfect. The passes that were not completed were all on the recievers. The passes were perfect and his recievers let him down.

You can put me in the 100% impressed column. I'm not going to completely dismiss how important Peyton was to this team over the past decade, but Luck looked pretty darn good today.

Thread title invites trolling. I know it's in good fun but.....kinda still a sore spot for many.

couldn't agree more. I think it's awesome for Andrew and Colts fans everywhere that he came out with such a great Debut. Leave Peyton out of it

both top draft picks Luck and RG3 looked good in their first NFL starts. neither one threw INT's neither one looked rattled. they played their game and their proving that they were the right choices for their respected teams. cant wait to see the RG3 vs Luck match up in a couple weeks when they meet up in week 3 of pre season in washington. i believe they both will put on a show in the first 2 qtrs.

couldn't agree more. I think it's awesome for Andrew and Colts fans everywhere that he came out with such a great Debut. Leave Peyton out of it

I couldnt agree with you more on this. people still bring up peyton manning when talking about Luck, and its a shame too because Luck had a great first game leading 3 TD drives. Manning was a great QB for the colts but come on, he plays for denver now. its not like he will care if he beats up on the colts if he was given the chance to this year. its time to make this about luck and not about manning.

yea whats with people critizicing Mannings feet? if anything, he had perfect mechanics..

im glad we got luck he looks the part...also impressed with both hilton and brazil.

but like i said since we got mcglyn and Justice...dont know why on earth people(and BBS) got so excited when we got them. they both are just ok. there is reason mcglyn is in like his 5 team and justice as benched for a former G (Herremans, to be fair he turned out to be a star RT). they both can get manhandled

People need to move past the whole Peyton thing. He was here and now he's not. We won't forget what he done for the Colts, but we have a great new young QB that people should be excited about. Stop with the comparisons.

Exactly! I just hope Luck can do better than 9-10 in the playoffs with 7 one and dones!!! That will make me VERY happy!

yea whats with people critizicing Mannings feet? if anything, he had perfect mechanics..

im glad we got luck he looks the part...also impressed with both hilton and brazil.

but like i said since we got mcglyn and Justice...dont know why on earth people(and BBS) got so excited when we got them. they both are just ok. there is reason mcglyn is in like his 5 team and justice as benched for a former G (Herremans, to be fair he turned out to be a star RT). they both can get manhandled

Mameluc, couldnt agree with you more. I feel like Winston Justice is not tackle material, he might be better served playing RG.

Linkenbach at LT, Justice at RG, Castanzo at RT should be tried out, IMO. Olsen looked better. McGlynn probably is cut.

Mameluc, couldnt agree with you more. I feel like Winston Justice is not tackle material, he might be better served playing RG.

Linkenbach at LT, Justice at RG, Castanzo at RT should be tried out, IMO. Olsen looked better. McGlynn probably is cut.

yea I agree I did not see anything in Mcglyn that said "starter. and never was a fan of Justice and like you i had hopes that he slied to G and have Ijalana as RT but oh well..

honestly Castonzo Reitz Satelle Teppe/Justice Likenbach looks better to me than the current...and im ok with giving Likenbach a shot at LT like you said and Castonzo as RT, i know people dont like him, but thats because he was abused as a G, and he is no G. he doesnt have the strength, when he played T he was OK.

but to me it should something like the lineup I just said with Liken as RT and castonzo as LT

and btw im sold on Reitz...the Brown TD all started with him

Exactly! I just hope Luck can do better than 9-10 in the playoffs with 7 one and dones!!! That will make me VERY happy!

Let us paraphrase. I hope the Colts do better than 9-10. Our team is not top heavy anymore, IMO, talent wise and salary wise. That is going to help immensely. Luck's rookie contract, at least the first 4 years, gives us the most of chances to be competitive, salary cap wise. Those kinds of luxuries were not to be had in Peyton era.

Let us paraphrase. I hope the Colts do better than 9-10. Our team is not top heavy anymore, IMO, talent wise and salary wise. That is going to help immensely. Luck's rookie contract, at least the first 4 years, gives us the most of chances to be competitive, salary cap wise. Those kinds of luxuries were not to be had in Peyton era.

7 one and dones is a joke for a team that won 10 plus so many years in a row....it wasn't a shot at Peyton, it WAS a shot at the former management ;)

You want to put Link blocking Luck's blindside??? No thank you! After Link got pulled was when the line started playing better. McGlynn done fine and so did Justice IMO.